Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

On 7/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, kokapetl said:

Half the internet claims their parents are narcissists. 

I don’t think Amber is a sociopath, she’s never actually achieved anything above the board or by being shady. 

Some sort of cluster B nightmare perhaps. 

It's like the new in term to throw around for everyone. I roll my eyes every time someone claims their ex is a narcissist. No, they're just assholes or sometimes the people calling the ex a narc is an asshole. I really don't like the casual throwing around of terms like this. 

• Love 11
On 7/8/2019 at 12:26 AM, Christina said:

they

A machete!!! I thought Andrew was being a puss over a flip flop but she beat down the door with a MACHETE!!! He comes home witg food and a gift and she chases him and their son with a machete!!! Holy shit!

• Love 14

I fucking KNEW it wasn’t a cheap flip flop. (Not that that is any better at all!) I thought that it would end up being a hefty chunky with a flip flop top. I have those too and they are no joke. 

A fucking machete ???!!!! Handful of klonopin....activated charcoal would have probably been the course of treatment. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

If MTV has a shred of decency, they will terminate her as soon as any of these charges are proven in court, if not sooner.

You would think.

But they are so committed to these girls and their “journeys” (gag) through motherhood.  Even if she loses custody, my guess is they’ll still film her....being Amber.  It seems the only way to get fired is if you make filming difficult or impossible (Farrah and Jenelle).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, druzy said:

Andrew was a cameraman on her season of Marriage Boot Camp. He fell in love with her while filming her acting like this:

So Brandi turned him down, and so on and so on, until he reached the bottom of the barrel. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Amber's brother seemed to have gotten the same awesome edumacation as Amber did.

Unless this on-brand dullard was there that night, he has no idea what happened other than amped-up Amber telling him "I HAVE EVIDENCE!"

Nothing from Amber, or Andrew on social media about any of this. People are making comments  on the most recent posts by them, before this, though. 

Along comes Shawn. Considering he’s in a career that includes law, you’d think he’d have some sense

• Love 5

Shawn needs to pipe down.  No one is jumping to conclusions because of her past, so STFU.  Amber has a history of violent outbursts and assaults.  She prides herself on being a bad ass bitch.  So, yah, I do get to judge her and no I do not have to give her the benefit of the doubt.  She has proven time and again this is just WHO SHE IS.   

• Love 21

I am not buying what Amber's brother is trying to sell. I do not think much of Andrew, but I do not think he would lie about a machete when there should be evidence of scratches and marks on the door. I do not think he is that stupid. I would hope that if he did have a recording of Amber yelling at him, that he has covered some of his bases with keeping evidence of some of Amber's violent outbursts whether audio or text messages. 

• Love 18
13 hours ago, druzy said:

Sure Jan...

Where is the mother fucking rolling eyes reaction for this post? 

I can't believe I used to like "Bubby". Amber has been accused of assaulting every single one of her significant others. She hit Gary ON FILM. There's no other shoe to drop here. We KNOW what she is. 

11 hours ago, druzy said:

She's a nut job with a machete! 

That read was truly terrifying. Nice of her to ONLY mention the flip flop. That fucking bitch. I hope she never sees ANY of her kids again. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Where is the mother fucking rolling eyes reaction for this post? 

I can't believe I used to like "Bubby". Amber has been accused of assaulting every single one of her significant others. She hit Gary ON FILM. There's no other shoe to drop here. We KNOW what she is. 

That read was truly terrifying. Nice of her to ONLY mention the flip flop. That fucking bitch. I hope she never sees ANY of her kids again. 

We need rolling eyes and barf emojis.  How do we request this?

I used to like Bubby too, I thought he was the one sane person in their family.  I guess not.

• Love 11

Andrew not only hooked up with Amber after watching her behavior at Marriage Boot Camp, but he immediately had unprotected sex with her and got her pregnant before he even knew for sure what her daily personality would be. I feel no sympathy for Andrew. I only feel bad for Leah and baby James. 

From the way Amber would look at Andrew and sometimes speak to him on camera, you kinda knew there were things going on when the cameras weren't there and that it wasn't as rosy as Amber tried to paint it. I also noticed that it was always Amber talking about how great things were, not Andrew. He was mostly mute when she was saying how great things were.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Despite Bubby's claims of there being more to the story, I see no reason to disbelieve Andrew, nor do I see any way for Amber or MTV to spin this in her favor. Her actions are absolutely indefensible and made even more troubling given that this is a pattern of behavior for her. She smacked around Gary, she tried to beat down Farrah, she had to be restrained from hurting Matt -- she's been a violent person, point blank, for as long as we've known her. Attacking Andrew while he held baby James is so heinous it should warrant her a seat beside Jenelle and David on the expressway to unemployment, though I won't hold my breath.

And can I just say how bad I feel for Gary and Kristina right now? Their relationship with Amber is separate from her relationship with Andrew, but they can't ignore what happened or condone it. And given that Leah's old enough to use the Internet and read every gory detail for herself, there's really no sheltering her from the storm. Once again, Amber's created a mess that will have ramifications impacting the very people she'd have us believe mean the most to her.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

A fucking machete ???!!!! Handful of klonopin....activated charcoal would have probably been the course of treatment. 

While it’s possible to OD on Klonopin it’s pretty hard to actually do unless there are other substances mixed with it (like alcohol and opioids) so I don’t think she was ever in any danger and I think she knew that. People who abuse benzos know they can take A LOT. She swallowed a handful for dramatic purposes, to distress and “punish” Andrew, IMO. I do think Amber is at legitimate risk for completing suicide some day but I also think she uses threatening it as a weapon to basically shut people up. That must be hell to deal with.

And, why the hell is someone who “used to” abuse Klonopin (we saw her begin her prescription of them on the first season on TM and she later said she abused them and became addicted) in possession of them? I assume she’s prescribed them or there would probably be more charges but that’s really bizarre. Most people with addiction backgrounds are not given benzos, at least in my area, because they’re extremely addictive. Klonopin can be prescribed to help with manic bipolar symptoms (though it’s mainly for anxiety) but there are a lot of other options. It’s odd she’d be given the exact drug she had a problem with.

4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Unless this on-brand dullard was there that night, he has no idea what happened other than amped-up Amber telling him "I HAVE EVIDENCE!"

Exactly...how the hell would he know anything, other than what Amber says and that would be “listening to what one person says” or however he phrased it about not listening to “just” Andrew. We should all take AMBER’s word about her own actions over a filed police report? 😆 

• Love 17

I just finished watching the the "Girl's Trip" episode. Does anyone else think he's been waiting for this to happen and that's why he was recording? I can't stand Amber and I do believe she's at fault and seriously abusive to anyone close to her BUT, watching his over the top behavior on camera of being a "good boyfriend", flowers and all. Yet he didn't seem at all interested in marrying her. I'm starting to wonder if he saw her as his meal ticket. He's always given off this weird vibe when I see him on camera. But again, she's an adult and did this to herself. She needs to stop putting her hands on people.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, Linny said:

And can I just say how bad I feel for Gary and Kristina right now? Their relationship with Amber is separate from her relationship with Andrew, but they can't ignore what happened or condone it. And given that Leah's old enough to use the Internet and read every gory detail for herself, there's really no sheltering her from the storm. Once again, Amber's created a mess that will have ramifications impacting the very people she'd have us believe mean the most to her.

You would think.  But it appears they’re supporting Amber.  This really stinks:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/10/amber-portwood-domestic-battery-case-felony-charges-machete/

8 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Maybe Gary and Kristina are just trying to preserve their MTV meal ticket by supporting her.  If Amber goes, so do they.

Sure.  It’s Barb siding with Jenelle all over again.  But I always gave credit to Gary for trying to live a normal life outside of the show.  And what kind of message does supporting violence give his children, including Leah?  And isn’t he supposed to be a police officer?!!  

• Love 5
(edited)

Amber Portwood had her first court date following her July 5 arrest, and the Teen Mom OG star did not get good news.

Amber— who was charged with three felonies on Tuesday, including “Criminal Recklessness Committed with a Deadly Weapon”—has hired an attorney to help her with her case. The attorney appeared in court alongside Amber on Wednesday morning, where they learned that the protective order against Amber that was filed on Tuesday has been granted.

Amber has been ordered to have no contact with her boyfriend Andrew Glennon (who claims Amber came at him with a machete and allegedly hit him with a shoe and her hands on the night of July 5). She is also not allowed to see James, the son she shares with Andrew.

TMZ attempted to speak to Amber as she entered the courthouse on Wednesday, but she refused to make any comment. She was accompanied by her mother, Tonya Portwood, as well as her other baby daddy Gary Shirley and his wife Kristina. Her MTV producer David Birch was also in attendance. 

(Amber was not filming at the time of the alleged incident on July 5. The ‘OG’ cast had technically wrapped filming for the next season. However, when something this major happens to one of the ‘Teen Mom’ girls, their producers high-tail it to them to capture the moment.)

It appears that Andrew is still living at the home he once shared with Amber, as Amber was heard telling her mother that she left her cars at the house so “he can have them for James.” 

Andrew also made an appearance at the courthouse on Wednesday, although he did not arrive with Amber & Co. When the TMZ reporter asked him how he was doing, Andrew muttered, “I’ve seen better days.”

On Tuesday, Andrew filed papers in the Marion County juvenile court to request an emergency custody hearing, as well as a petition to establish paternity for James. 

The Department of Child Services (which has launched its own investigation into the incident) interviewed Andrew on Monday. According to court documents, Andrew stated that Amber is “currently unable to provide a safe, stable, and secure environment for James on an ongoing basis due to her frequent refusal and/or failure to take medicines prescribed to treat her mental-health conditions, among other concerns.”

Andrew has yet to make any sort of public statement; however his account to police that was written up in the Affidavit for Probable Cause, which The Ashley obtained on Tuesday, painted a terrifying picture of what allegedly went down the night of July 5 inside Amber and Andrew’s Indiana home.

“She keeps a machete with a sheath on it,” the affidavit stated. “Amber picked up the machete, took the sheath off and looked at Andrew with a look so as she was moving around the bed, he took [the baby] into the office and closed the door and put his foot on it to hold it closed.

“Andrew said Amber kicked the door allowing the top to pop open from the kick but he kept his foot at the bottom…Amber then used the machete and began using it to put slashes on the door.”

An emergency custody hearing is scheduled for later today.

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

What is coming to my mind in light of all this is that the behaviors we are currently seeing in both Janelle and Amber are extremely similar to the behavior we saw very early on in the series.  Its almost uncanny how similar they act then and now.

Changing dysfunctional behavior patterns is hard work, and takes a lot of motivation.  I think its fair to say that they have never had a strong enough motivation to change. The money has only served to provide them material comforts, enhance their desirability as partners, and provide legal protection. It has had no positive effect on the dysfunctional behavior patterns.  If they never had the TM income, I think they would still be very close to where they are now, in terms of behavior patterns, and life circumstances (dysfunctional relationships, multiple kids, etc).

One further point- I actually think that Janelle and Amber showed the most dysfunctional behavior when the series first started.  They have had no substantial treatment, and being on the show has reinforced their behavior. It should be no surprise that they are both acting in very similar ways 10 years later.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 13

Amber will probably go to "rehab" to get her medications right if the court order allows. MTV will pay for it and film it and she will come back as a new woman.

I don't think Amber cares if she loses custody of James so I don't think she will suffer any consequences. Hopefully since she has prior records she will be punished but I doubt it. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, druzy said:

Her MTV producer David Birch was also in attendance. 

Tells me all I really need to know about her future status on the show.

Whoever called it The Shining is right!  The story is incredible.  So scary.

Shame on MTV and Gary and Kristina for supporting her.  I hope Gary gets his auxiliary police badge stripped for this, I hope Andrew flees to California with the baby, and I hope Amber goes to prison.  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, druzy said:

This bitch gets crazier by the year and should not be around her kids if she is acting like a fucking out of control fool because they didnt get to see fucking fireworks.

And you can guarantee that this exact shit has happened before if he is driving around to let her cool off and getting her food and gifts. Fucking maniac needs to be put in the nut house.

• Love 19

Poor Leah. It never ends for that sweet girl. I bet she gets teased at school over this type of drama and I feel sad for her. Thank goodness she has Gary and Kristina to give her stability.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I don’t know what Gary’s motivation is, but I do believe he has Leah’s best interest at heart.

I don’t think supporting Amber in court as she faces a violent assault charge is in Leah’s best interest, especially since he was once a victim of assault himself at Amber’s hands.  I agree it’s a difficult situation, but there are ways to address it (like talking to Leah, allowing supervised visits...) instead of showing  public solidarity with Amber, like his “thoughts and prayers” tweet, or walking into court with her.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

As you do.

All unstable felons with violent tendencies keep machetes.  It makes perfect sense to keep a machete in a home with a 1 year old.  I have 3 of them.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
On 7/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, kokapetl said:

Half the internet claims their parents are narcissists. 

I don’t think Amber is a sociopath, she’s never actually achieved anything above the board or by being shady. 

Some sort of cluster B nightmare perhaps. 

My dad actually does have narcissitic personality disorder. Diagnosed by three therapists (who he only agreed to go to because he wanted to help *me* with all of *my* issues, of course). 

I know what you're saying, but the internet has been really helpful for me in terms of dealing with and accepting my dad's NPD. True NPD is really rare, and most people don't even believe you or don't know how to react when they learn of the horrific things your NPD parent does to you, because it's inconceivable to them. 

I started to blame myself less and make peace with it when I read other people's accounts and started seeing the patterns. I think that people who deal with NPD family members seek places on the internet as safe spaces and comfort. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I hear what you are saying, but I don’t think Gary is supporting her in that way.  I doubt he believes Amber’s version of events and I also doubt that he wants her to get away with it (like other TM f*ckheads).  I think he is supporting her by being there to get a read on her current behavior, especially if she is suicidal, and prevent her from further spiraling out of control.  I don’t think Gary cares about Amber at all as a person, but as Leah’s mother he cares a great deal.  If that makes sense.

This is exactly what I thought when I read that they were there. Their first responsibility is to Leah, plain and simple.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

You would think.  But it appears they’re supporting Amber.  This really stinks:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/10/amber-portwood-domestic-battery-case-felony-charges-machete/

3 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Maybe Gary and Kristina are just trying to preserve their MTV meal ticket by supporting her.  If Amber goes, so do they.

Gary and Kristina have settled down but on the MTV paycheck and child support from Amber.  I'm sure they see the money tree shaking.  If Amber is 'let go' you can believe there will be no part for Gary and there goes their $$$.  Neither of them work so what they get from the show and Amber supports them.  Granted they seem to be at least sensible with their money they still want more.  Nobody wants to lose a fat paycheck.

Somebody upthread asked if Andrew knew Amber was crazy and latched on for a support check.  Maybe.  He doesn't seem to have much of a career other then watching Day Trading and possibly using some of Ambers money so a monthly support check would set well with him just like it sits well with Gary.

I'm kind of surprised there is no visitation for a child so young from the mother.  The court usually tries to make a safe environment so mother and child can still see one another.

Sorry Bubby but with no contact I think she done it and I also think this time it's bad.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

Giving Amber a hug and his "thoughts and prayers" tweet are probably less a show of support as just simple decent behavior.

You can accuse me of watching too many Law & Order: SVU episodes, but supporting a violent criminal through the criminal process is not the decent thing to do.  My “thoughts and prayers” are with the victim, and as a former victim of Amber’s violence, and as a friggin police officer, Gary should know better.  

I don’t understand folks giving Gary a pat on the back for this.  Over on the Teen Mom 2 and Jenelle threads, most if not everyone applauds Nathan and Barb for using the court system to keep the kids safe from a drug addict (Jenelle) and an alleged serial abuser (David).  They weren’t successful, but at least they tried.  Nobody was expecting them to show sympathy for the mother-and-child-relationship factor.  Here, Amber was high as a kite, and attacked Andrew with a friggin machete!!  While he was holding the baby!!  IAnd it’s not her first offense.   I feel sorry for Leah, but separating her from her screwed up mother is surely in her best interest.  

• Love 10

I have bipolar disorder. It is possible to lead a sane and useful life with therapy, medication, and a healthy lifestyle. But you cannot drink EVER on bipolar medications. A day off here and there to drink is extremely harmful. You cannot play with your meds. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 17