Type keyword(s) to search

Amber: A Rill Woman Goes to Gel

• Start Topic

I know that people are supposed to be capable of change, but, it seems that will not happen with Amber.  She and Jenelle seem to have the same level of parenting skills that they had at age 16, which is zero.  And if the judge or jury is in doubt that Amber is capable of kicking the behind of a big, burly man, they can play the video of her kicking Gary's butt way back when.  That video is what got her charged back then.  She is not parenting material.  I really wish she would accept it and let the kids be protected. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Former 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood hit boyfriend in the neck with shoe, police say

Amber Portwood, who gained fame in MTV's reality show "Teen Mom," slapped a shoe across her boyfriend's neck while he held their 1-year-old son, according to court documents.

According to a preliminary probable cause affidavit filed in Marion Superior Court, Portwood's boyfriend sent a frantic 2:14 a.m. text message to an officer for Geist Patrol.

"I need help," he said in the message. "My life and my son's life is in danger."

IndyStar is not naming Portwood's boyfriend because he is an alleged victim of domestic abuse.

The man later told Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Officer Ryan Salisbury that the couple started arguing about 2 a.m.

"Ms. Portwood grew increasingly agitated until she struck him with her shoe in the right side of his neck," Salisbury wrote in the court document.

The man was holding their son in his right arm at the time. The child was not injured.

The officer observed scratches and red marks on the man's neck. An evidence technician took photographs of the injuries.

The man told officers that Portwood has hit him several times in the past and has threatened him countless times.

Portwood told police she was angry that her boyfriend had recorded her yelling.

"Ms. Portwood stated that she did indeed strike (her boyfriend) with a shoe," Salisbury wrote, "but stated that 'it was in the shoulder and I barely hit him.'"

Portwood, who has appeared on reality shows "Teen Mom," and "16 & Pregnant," is scheduled to appear Wednesday in Marion Superior Court.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 7

She is a beast. If Andrew even put his arm out in defense, he could have easily hurt her. But of course he was holding James so she decks him. She just will not keep her hands to herself. She didn't learn a damn thing.

IMO, Andrew hasn't been happy in a long while. I think she rants and raves and threatens him like crazy. She is lucky these guys haven't come back at her. Oh but maybe it wouldn't be soooooo painful. Idiot box of dirty hair.  

• Love 11
(edited)
16 hours ago, Christina said:

I think she only went to jail on the drug charges and had a diversion for the domestic violence, but I'm really not certain.

Right, antisocial personality disorder is a real mental health condition but people use the word sociopath to describe horrible behaviors but are not trying to suggest they have a true mental health issue. It's like narcissist is used to describe what we used to call conceit and selfish and not the real mental health condition of narcissistic personality disorder. Some people are just assholes and I don't want it to sound like I'm making light of real mental health issues.

Also, Amber is a raging asshole with no redeemable qualities. She has brought nothing to society since the brief rant at Jenelle that was funny as hell.

That’s annoying if she hasn’t already been charged with DV. I wish it could still count against her!

It really differs depending on who you’re taking to. This is a good article about the differences and different opinions: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tyrannical-minds/201907/psychopathic-sociopathic-or-antisocial-personality 

But I don’t think any of those apply to Amber, just Jenelle. I see classic borderline behavior in Amber. I’m not necessarily convinced about her bipolar disorder because it’s hard to know what behaviors are from drugs and which are organic. 

Definitely agree that Amber is a raging asshole with nothing to offer anyone. I go back and forth on who I hate more, Jenelle or Amber.

EDIT: I just saw your other post and I get where you’re coming from. I’ve definitely called Jenelle a sociopath a million times on here and I do mean that I think she has a legitimate disorder but there’s no point in feeling sympathy for her, unlike people with other disorders. It’s just easier to call it sociopathy than APD because everyone knows what a sociopath is. And when I was in school we used that term (Criminology especially). I’m not trying to downplay disorders either if it comes across that way! Also, I have never used my BA in psychology in any professional way, just for “fun.”

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

If she “barely“ hit him then what was the point? Have you ever known anyone in a fit of rage to “lightly” hit someone with a shoe? Fucking absurd. We’ve all seen your rage, Amber, we all know you become unhinged. She probably hit him with it as hard as she could.

I wonder what he recorded her yelling?

Evidence for going for full custody?

• Love 12
(edited)

Forgive my ignorance about little ones and their sleep schedules, but is it normal for an almost 14 month old to be awake at 2am? 

I wonder if James woke up when Amber was having a meltdown at 2am?  Her voice is naturally loud, so I can’t even imagine what it’s like in person when she’s ranting and raving! 

That’s what stuck out the most to me when I read the article, along with Amber hitting Andrew on the right side of his body when he was holding James on his right side! WTF?!?!

Do damn good moms think it’s ok to hit their partners on the R shoulder when they’re holding their baby in their R hand? 

Shoulder or neck, it doesn’t matter where she hit Andrew. If he was holding the baby and she still struck him, that’s WAY too close to James, period. (She shouldn’t hit Andrew either, but you ladies and gents know what I mean.)

In all seriousness, she must go into some type of serious beast mode/blind rage if she was able to somehow reach Andrew’s neck. I’m trying to imagine her being able to reach his shoulder or neck with their height disparities. It’s the details like those that I wonder about.

I know an audio recording is easier to be covert about, but I wish Andrew would have video recorded Amber for his own legal purposes. I can’t handle her Instagram rants, so I wouldn’t  even want to watch it, but it would be an ace in his pocket. Even if the visual quality had turned out like “The Blair Witch Project”, any type of visual evidence is better than nothing in a court of law.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 7
(edited)

@Bridget

All kids have there own schedules but at that age you can get them to sleep through the night if you have them on a regular schedule. I'm betting Andrew does have baby James on a pretty good schedule.

Some kids will sleep while you vacuum under the crib. No joke. Others hear everything. Mostly though you can go about your business without having to whisper.

I'm leaning toward James being startled awake on this one. We've heard Amber lose her shit for real. That would scare anyone.

I come from a place that violence puts an imprint in their soul and will be impacted somehow . Amber thinks SHE is the victim when it's the children that pay.

Deal with yourself for real Amber! Seriously quit rec drugs and drinking so you can be properly diagnosed. I'm not certain that she has. If so....it's not working.     

Edited by FairyDusted
Left out a few words
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Evidence for going for full custody?

Probably and hopefully but I meant I’m wondering what she was screaming, as in what was she actually saying  screeching while she did it.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

@Bridget

All kids have there own schedules but at that age you can get them to sleep through the night if you have them on a regular schedule. I'm betting Andrew does have baby James on a pretty good schedule.

Some kids will sleep while you vacuum under the crib. No joke. Others hear everything. Mostly though you can go about your business without having to whisper.

I'm leaning toward James being startled awake on this one. We've heard Amber lose her shit for real. That would scare anyone.

I come from a place that violence puts an imprint in their soul and will be impacted somehow . Amber thinks SHE is the victim when it's the children that pay.

Deal with yourself for real Amber! Seriously quit rec drugs and drinking so you can be properly diagnosed. I'm not certain that she has. If so....it's not working.     

Thank you for the information - you are so good to me! 💚

I couldn’t agree with you more about violence imprinting on souls. You worded that so eloquently and tastefully that I had to say something. It’s spot on and quite accurate, even if it’s a subconscious impression on a person. I’ve had tons of students who make poor behavior choices, but I know many times that it’s all they know. Their responses to anyone who even blinks the wrong way wouldn’t be perceived as “they disrespected me!”  nor as aggressive if they didn’t have some sort of “it’s OK to act inappropriately” automatic reflex.

I thought James must be old enough to sleep through the night and was probably startled awake, but my motto is: you never know unless you ask!

I agree that Amber would startle anyone from their sleep with her megaphone mouth. She reminds me so much of my (loser) twin brother that it’s scary. The way she loudly loses her shit, only to start screeching and then starts to pontificate while going on tangent after tangent. Ugh! 

I can’t even hate watch or snark on her IG videos because they are an actual trigger for me. I feel my whole body tightly clench and I’m sent into instant fight or flight mode. If she has that effect on me via the internet, I don’t even want to know what that bitch is like behind closed doors! 

Side note: Have we ever heard any of these shit sippers describe their alleged anxiety or *PTSS by even referring to things like fight or flight or how they physically feel during an alleged anxiety or panic episode? Hell no. 

*I was told it’s a syndrome, not a disorder, by my therapist.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Bridget said:

Forgive my ignorance about little ones and their sleep schedules, but is it normal for an almost 14 month old to be awake at 2am? 

I wonder if James woke up when Amber was having a meltdown at 2am?  Her voice is naturally loud, so I can’t even imagine what it’s like in person when she’s ranting and raving! 

That’s what stuck out the most to me when I read the article, along with Amber hitting Andrew on the right side of his body when he was holding James on his right side! WTF?!?!

Do damn good moms think it’s ok to hit their partners on the R shoulder when they’re holding their baby in their R hand? 

Shoulder or neck, it doesn’t matter where she hit Andrew. If he was holding the baby and she still struck him, that’s WAY too close to James, period. (She shouldn’t hit Andrew either, but you ladies and gents know what I mean.)

In all seriousness, she must go into some type of serious beast mode/blind rage if she was able to somehow reach Andrew’s neck. I’m trying to imagine her being able to reach his shoulder or neck with their height disparities. It’s the details like those that I wonder about.

I know an audio recording is easier to be covert about, but I wish Andrew would have video recorded Amber for his own legal purposes. I can’t handle her Instagram rants, so I wouldn’t  even want to watch it, but it would be an ace in his pocket. Even if the visual quality had turned out like “The Blair Witch Project”, any type of visual evidence is better than nothing in a court of law.

Unless he was leaning down to protect himself and the baby from her. Then I can see how she would be able to hit him there. We seen the same thing with Gary only he wasn't carrying and trying to protect the baby thankfully. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Oh I'm sure she didn't hit him that hard. That is her go to excuse. Will she say that shit when she hits Leah or James? How does she know how hard she hit when she goes into rages? Fucking excuses is all it is.

My granny used to smack us with her flip flop. It hurts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, bobalina said:

My granny used to smack us with her flip flop. It hurts.

My grandfather would throw his slipper at us. He had good aim!

• LOL 7
(edited)

Andrew filed a paternity petition today.

image.png.b79af0de276ee02be6d7f0df8b143774.png

He filed for an emergency order of custody. James is with Andrew. Amber is staying somewhere else.

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
19 minutes ago, druzy said:

Andrew filed a paternity petition today.

Does this mean that Andrew isn't listed on James' birth certificate as his father?

Indiana.gov states:

"Simply put, paternity means fatherhood.  Establishing paternity gives a child a legal father.  It also gives the father both rights and obligations related to helping take care of his child.  It is important for the child to know who they are.  By knowing both parents, a child gains a sense of identity and belonging.  Both parents have the right to establish a healthy relationship with their child(ren) and a responsibility to care for their child(ren).  Making the relationship legal from the beginning provides a greater opportunity for a healthy relationship and insures the father's rights to a relationship with his child.  Legal fathers have all of the same parental rights and responsibilities as the mother, including the right to seek custody or parenting time.

With legal paternity established, the child will have access to:

Social Security dependent or survivor benefits

Inheritance rights

Veteran's benefits

Life and health insurance benefits

How is Paternity Established?

A man is presumed to be a child's legal father if;

He and his wife are married when the child is born, or

If the child is born no later than 300 days after the marriage ends

In all other cases, legal paternity must be established in one of two ways;

Paternity Affidavit, or

Court Order

A paternity affidavit is a legal document that permits a man and a woman to declare, under penalty of perjury, that the man is the biological father of a child.  A properly executed paternity affidavit establishes legal paternity (fatherhood) and parental rights and responsibilities, without the necessity of obtaining a court order.  A paternity affidavit may be completed at the hospital within 72 hours of the child's birth or at your local health department any time before the child is emancipated.  If paternity is established by paternity affidavit, the Department of Health will add the father's name to the child's birth certificate. "

Edited by Bridget
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Does this mean that Andrew isn't listed on James' birth certificate as his father?

Indiana.gov states:

"Simply put, paternity means fatherhood.  Establishing paternity gives a child a legal father.  It also gives the father both rights and obligations related to helping take care of his child.  It is important for the child to know who they are.  By knowing both parents, a child gains a sense of identity and belonging.  Both parents have the right to establish a healthy relationship with their child(ren) and a responsibility to care for their child(ren).  Making the relationship legal from the beginning provides a greater opportunity for a healthy relationship and insures the father's rights to a relationship with his child.  Legal fathers have all of the same parental rights and responsibilities as the mother, including the right to seek custody or parenting time.

With legal paternity established, the child will have access to:

Social Security dependent or survivor benefits

Inheritance rights

Veteran's benefits

Life and health insurance benefits

How is Paternity Established?

A man is presumed to be a child's legal father if;

He and his wife are married when the child is born, or

If the child is born no later than 300 days after the marriage ends

In all other cases, legal paternity must be established in one of two ways;

Paternity Affidavit, or

Court Order

A paternity affidavit is a legal document that permits a man and a woman to declare, under penalty of perjury, that the man is the biological father of a child.  A properly executed paternity affidavit establishes legal paternity (fatherhood) and parental rights and responsibilities, without the necessity of obtaining a court order.  A paternity affidavit may be completed at the hospital within 72 hours of the child's birth or at your local health department any time before the child is emancipated.  If paternity is established by paternity affidavit, the Department of Health will add the father's name to the child's birth certificate.

His name is probably on the birth certificate but like it says above since they aren't married he has to file a paternity affidavit which he filed today. From the court records, today he filed: 

Petition to Establish Paternity Filed

VERIFIED COMBINED PETITION FOR PATERNITY RELATED ORDERS; AND, FOR EMERGENCY HEARING REGARDING CUSTODY OF CHILD

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I wonder if Amber will go to the Reunion. If she goes she will cry and say she quits and Dr. Drew will beg her not to quit and the audience will clap. She will not be held accountable for her actions.

• Love 17
20 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I have a t-shirt that says “don’t make me smack you with my flip flop.”  I really do.  I should send it to Amber.  🤣

I will pay for postage to make this happen!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Sounds to me like Andrew isn't 'getting over it'!

GOOD!

Oh, Amber, say goodbye to your "beautiful man" (gag) and your baby.  I bet Andrew's family, who saw this all coming a mile away will be helping him get the F away from her.  They tried to convince him she was trouble months ago.  

• Love 16

Does that mean he hadn’t had a paternity test previously? If so, wouldn’t that be a wicked twist if he’s “not the father”? 🤦‍♀️

Good for Andrew for following through and protecting him, either way.

• Love 4

I wonder how many times Hagrid’s now going to say she hit him? I remember her going off at Matt at a Reunion that he physically abused HER. Sure Jan - take several seats. Like Jenelle - a leopard never changes its spots.

I just don’t get why he hooked up with her in the first place except he seems lazy as shit. 

I guess his father and grandfather being famous cinematographers didn’t help his “career” the way he assumed it would. But his family has plenty of money (guessing they held the purse strings tight when he ended up being such a fuck up).

I guess our little black souls don’t get the allure of C-list “reality TV” fame.

• Love 13

Well, that didn't last long.

Totally agree with Jennifersdc that he hooked up with her because he's a lazy bastard. But Amber really blew it, poor thing, because even though none of us would want him, he's the best she'd ever do in terms of pedigree. No more Rolls in LA, I guess. He gets an adorable baby who hopefully doesn't take after the mum because Lord knows no one else will want to procreate with him any time soon.

Damn, Amber!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Totally agree with Jennifersdc that he hooked up with her because he's a lazy bastard. But Amber really blew it, poor thing, because even though none of us would want him, he's the best she'd ever do in terms of pedigree. No more Rolls in LA, I guess. He gets an adorable baby who hopefully doesn't take after the mum because Lord knows no one else will want to procreate with him any time soon.

Damn, Amber!

That baby is precious. Poor little guy. I hope Gary and Kristina get together with him so the siblings can have some familiarity, growing up. Establish a coparenting relationship, once removed. I wonder what will become of Amber now? I doubt she goes back to prison.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Damn, Amber!

Seriously. He decided after being a cameraman(?) - possibly favor to his family (sorry Hagrid) on Marriage Boot Camp, that Amber was the one for him? She was a nightmare.

I thought we’d have a great time with MBC too. I had to stop after three episodes. I think most of you did too?

Is it wrong to maybe want to stab Dr. V(?). 

Funniest was the black guy (was his name I think really Jim Jones?). From one of the 8,000 iterations of Love and Hip Hop? He made no bones he was there for the paycheck. 

I probably should catch up on those. Likely right up my alley.

I now consider myself old school DC (25 yrs!), so consider myself partially black (I’m not, but pre-gentrification at least). Originally from a 90% Jewish neighborhood in LI, so also consider myself partially Jewish (I’m not). I’m a huge, white girl (old), Public Enemy fan (Chuck D is a genius), but found myself getting bored and stereotypical of Flava of Love (best hype man ever). See purposefully not watching Love and Hip Hop. Maybe I should watch it again.

90DF (all 8,000 iterations except for the “Other Way”) and Love After Lockup (heresy), IMO are getting a little stale. Except for Paul (now Other Way) running of course for those who watch.

Sorry long - but seriously, WTF was Hagrid thinking?

• LOL 3

How did Andrew possibly fall in love with this heinous woman?

Another fractured family, another child will grow up not knowing its mother, its just awful. What a piece of garbage. I kind of feel bad for him.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Lesia said:

How did Andrew possibly fall in love with this heinous woman?

Andrew was a cameraman on her season of Marriage Boot Camp. He fell in love with her while filming her acting like this:

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, druzy said:

Andrew was a cameraman on her season of Marriage Boot Camp. He fell in love with her while filming her acting like this:

Awesome. Forgot the Mob Wives were there. Probably also on my list to watch - I haven’t yet (even being from 80’s NY). 

She’s lucky they didn’t kick her ass. If the camera’s weren’t around they probably would have.

They apparently have more sense than Amber.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 5
(edited)

A Suicide Threat, A Shoe & A Machete: Inside the Terrifying Night Amber Portwood Was Arrested for Domestic Battery Against Andrew Glennon (EXCLUSIVE)

Teen Mom OG fans just learned that Amber Portwood has been charged with “Domestic Battery” (as well as domestic battery in front of a child), and “Criminal Recklessness Committed with a Deadly Weapon”…but The Ashley has learned that a shoe is not the only weapon Amber allegedly threatened her boyfriend Andrew Glennon with on the night of July 5.

And, what’s more, the night was much more terrifying than the original report stated, according to a source close to the criminal investigation, who gave The Ashley an exclusive peak at the scary Affidavit for Probable Cause filed on Tuesday in Indiana.

The Ashley obtained the full documents from her inside court source, and she can reveal how the night that ended with Amber going to jail unfolded.

Amber and Andrew had intended to take their son to see the 4th of July fireworks at the Geist Bridge near their home, but Andrew told police that the roads were crowded and they were unable to get through traffic to get to the bridge. 

“Mr. Glennon stated Ms. Portwood made him feel like he ‘dropped the ball’ on plans to see fireworks because the roads were blocked….Mr. Glennon stated Ms. Portwood then bashed his character,” the affidavit states.

Andrew said he then dropped Amber off and drove around with Baby James for a while so Amber could “cool off.” He called the traffic helpline and found out that the roads to see the fireworks would reopen in 30 minutes.

Andrew returned home and found that Amber had locked the door, according to the affidavit. She eventually let him into the house and that’s when things allegedly went from bad to downright frightening.

“Mr. Glennon stated when he got inside the home, Ms. Portwood grabbed a shoe off the shoe rack and hit him with it. Mr. Glennon stated he was holding [the baby] and he turned to the side to avoid [the baby] getting hit with the shoe,” the affidavit states. “Mr. Glennon stated he then left [the house] again with [the baby].”

While on the road, Andrew said he kept calling Amber “to gauge where she was at mentally and if things had cooled down.” He claimed he drove around with the baby in the car for three hours, “got her a gift and brought her food.”

When Andrew got back to the house, he states that “he went upstairs and Ms. Portwood was coming at him like she was going to hit him,” the affidavit states. “Mr. Glennon stated Ms. Portwood told him to put [the baby] down. Mr. Glennon stated [the baby] was crying and upset and he was not going to put him down.

“Mr. Glennon became visibly upset and stated Ms. Portwood then threatened to kill herself,” the affidavit states. “Mr. Glennon stated Ms. Portwood went to her drawer and took a handful of Klonopin and tossed it back like it was nothing.” 

When Andrew told Amber he was calling for help, he says Amber then regurgitated the pills. 

Unfortunately, that was not the end of the night of terror, according to Andrew’s account.

“Mr. Glennon stated Ms. Portwood picked up a machete towards him and [the baby]. Mr. Glennon stated he locked himself and [the baby] into the office,” it states. “Mr. Glennon stated she hit the door with the machete and kicked the door and broke the handle. Mr. Glennon stated that is when he called for help.”

It was previously reported that Andrew texted Indiana’s 911 system and claimed he feared for his life, as well as his son’s.

Once officers arrived, the affidavit states that the officers had to call for backup because Amber “started yelling at the officer.”

Amber and Andrew both reportedly gave their accounts of what had happened, and Andrew stated that Amber denied the alleged incidents with the pills and machete but admitted to hitting him while he was holding the baby, and that is what she was arrested for.

Andrew told police that Amber had the machete for protection, since she is unable to own a firearm because she is a convicted felon. 

In the account Andrew gave to Indiana Detective Linda White on Tuesday, Andrew stated that when he came into the house (the first time), “Amber began screaming at him and hit him several times and he wasn’t positive if it was an open hand or closed fist.

“Then Amber picked up up a sandal with about a 1-inch chunky heel and hit him in the shoulder, causing him pain and redness and a light abrasion.” 

He told the Detective about the machete as well.

“She keeps a machete with a sheath on it,” the affidavit states. “Amber picked up the machete, took the sheath off and looked at Andrew with a look so as she was moving around the bed, he took [the baby] into the office and closed the door and put his foot on it to hold it closed.

“Andrew said Amber kicked the door allowing the top to pop open from the kick but he kept his foot at the bottom…Amber then used the machine and began using it to put slashes on the door.

Amber was arrested that morning, booked into Marion County Jail, where she stayed until the next afternoon. She was bailed out by a non-related female. 

As The Ashley previously reported, Andrew filed for full custody of their son James on Tuesday.

The Ashley’s source tells her “Amber is in big trouble. She has three felony charges from this incident already and it is likely not over yet.” 

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

If Hagrid wins sole custody, do you think he’ll move back to L.A.?  No offense to Indiana, but if he and Amber split up, why would he stay?

And how will the show film Amber?  Doing what?  

If MTV has a shred of decency, they will terminate her as soon as any of these charges are proven in court, if not sooner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Oh my god. Horror movie! 

Get that baby out of there! Can he go to California without her consent?

I think it depends if there is a radius clause in the custody order.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2