Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

I personally don't think that Lauren cares for anyone except for Lauren.

Her suffering will be all we will be hearing about from now on. 

I don't like the baby's name at all. I get traditions but seriously, Italian, Spanish and Duggar do not belong in a name. Annnnndddd I hate it even more that she picked Bella because it is way to close to Annabelle.

Poor Josiah. I don't think he looks happy at all. I bet if he could do it all over again, he would have waited to find "the one" vs being bullied into marrying a girl that he has zero interest in.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, readheaded said:

Same here.  Someone on another forum suspected Down Syndrome.  Let me be clear that I'm not saying that's the case.

The Duggar Family's account has comments turned off on the picture where they announce the birth.

this is so weird because i thought the same thing upon first seeing the photo.

6 hours ago, Tasya said:

I think naming the baby Bella is in extremely poor taste considering Joy's loss. Why would she do that? It's already going to be painful for Joy, no matter what she said about being happy for her siblings. Now she has to see a baby girl that same age and basically the same name on a regular basis. Lauren has zero empathy. 

My only question is how hard did she have to push Josiah on that name?  I bet she spun poetic for weeks about how she’d always dreamed of naming her baby girl Bella.  Bet she even dropped a few tears about it.  There’s no reason why they couldn’t name their first girl something else right now and save Bella for the next one.  Except of course they couldn’t do the naming thing to showcase Asa.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 2:28 PM, Zella said:

Looks like Lauren didn't go the home birth route? I'm not a fan of hers, but if so, good for her for taking a clue from what went wrong with her sisters-in-law's births! 

Yeah me too. 😞

I wonder if maybe the wives of the Duggar boys have hospital births because they're still young enough (under 26) to be on their parents' insurance? (Of course, this assumes their parents have health insurance.) Perhaps the Duggar daughters who've had kids didn't have insurance because Jim Bob is cheap and didn't have it (or they were over 26).  I think under Obamacare rules, adult children under 26 can stay on their parents' insurance even if they're married. 

I also think that Lauren loves Lauren more than anyone else, and she isn't about to risk harm to her favorite person (herself) by trying to do a home birth with Jilly Muffin (and rightly so). 

In any case, good on Lauren for not trusting "midwife" Jill to provide her medical care during birth, especially after all the troubles Jill and Jessa went through with their home births/attempted home births.  

Welcome to the world, little Bella. Good luck. You're going to need it. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I want a Damian from the Duggar’s!

Spurgeon is already Damian, to me 🤣.

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have to say, I don't like the name Bella Milagro Duggar because it mixes too many languages for my taste.  To my ear, Bella is Italian, the middle name is Spanish, and then you finish with Duggar.  

Especially since Duggar is an ugly-sounding name.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I personally don't think that Lauren cares for anyone except for Lauren.

Her suffering will be all we will be hearing about from now on. 

I don't like the baby's name at all. I get traditions but seriously, Italian, Spanish and Duggar do not belong in a name. Annnnndddd I hate it even more that she picked Bella because it is way to close to Annabelle.

Poor Josiah. I don't think he looks happy at all. I bet if he could do it all over again, he would have waited to find "the one" vs being bullied into marrying a girl that he has zero interest in.

Seriously. And I know Lauren's grandmother is/was El Salvadorean, but that twit said, when Josiah fed her shitty left over "Mexican" food, "I'm a little Salvadorean so I like that kind of food." I'm going to be so bold as to say that her ancestry doesn't count. It's very clearly not a significant factor in her life at all other than to use it as a way to make herself sound special. 

I doubt the name Annabelle registered with her or any of the Duggars, though. These are the people who have all have J names and to add insult to injury, have Joy-Anna and Johanna; a Joseph and Josiah; and a Jeremiah and Jedediah. No one in that family gets to be mad about Bella and Annabelle. What likely happened is that Milagro was the default middle name and they Lauren wanted something to go with that, meaning wise. 

• Love 11

Bella is actually an international name and not just a Spanish/Italian name.  Someone who claimed to be Russian said that it's actually fairly common/normal in Russia (not sure if it's true). I can say that I do like the simplicity of the name. It's an easy name to pronounce/spell. 

Bella is usually a nickname, most commonly for Isabella. In the Twilight series, the main character is Isabella "Bella" Marie Swan.  

Bella on it's own however is quite a popular name.  Just Bella peaked in 2010 and 2018 at #48 of the top 1000 names for girls in the US. All of the Duggar girls born this year have popular names Ivy (#86), Bella (#48), and Addison (#35). 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Bella is actually an international name and not just a Spanish/Italian name.  Someone who claimed to be Russian said that it's actually fairly common/normal in Russia (not sure if it's true). I can say that I do like the simplicity of the name. It's an easy name to pronounce/spell. 

Bella is usually a nickname, most commonly for Isabella. In the Twilight series, the main character is Isabella "Bella" Marie Swan.  

Bella on it's own however is quite a popular name.  Just Bella peaked in 2010 and 2018 at #48 of the top 1000 names for girls in the US. All of the Duggar girls born this year have popular names Ivy (#86), Bella (#48), and Addison (#35). 

Bella works in Russian (Белла) because of the -a ending but it isn't a Russian name. There are a couple famous Russian Isabellas but it seems like they were mostly descended from Italians who moved to Russia/the USSR and married Russians. It might be more popular now because they've relaxed the naming laws in Russia. I would be surprised if it was that popular though because the same 10 names have been recycled for girls since the 1700s.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I wouldn't tag Bella as Italian any more than I would tag Sasha as Russian or Ryan as Irish. All of them are common enough in America that no one will blink an eye when told their name. Bella might get asked if her name is short for Isabella. Milagro is obviously Spanish but it's Lauren's middle name, so using it isn't any worse than using Renee for Addison or Nicole for Felicity.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 14
On 11/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, Spencer Hastings said:

Bella Milagro is a beautiful name, but it sounds too much like the restaurant in my town named Bella Milano. I’ll want Italian food every single time I hear her name.

Do you live in Central IL?  We have a Bella Milano here, and yes, I had the exact same thought!

• Love 6
On 11/12/2019 at 9:17 AM, Zella said:

Oh I just remembered my father's wisdom on newborns: "They all look like martians." 😄

😆 this made me laugh extra hard because my mother has always stood by the statement she made, immediately following my birth, that I looked “just like E.T.” 
Thanks, mom!

• LOL 11
20 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

😆 this made me laugh extra hard because my mother has always stood by the statement she made, immediately following my birth, that I looked “just like E.T.” 
Thanks, mom!

Yeah, lest I have any snobbery about my own appearance as a newborn baby, my dad told me that me and my brother were not exceptions to his martian rule. 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Bella Milagro Duggar??? Uh, no. Just doesn't go together well.

No worries. She'll only have the last name for a few years, then be married off to marry a fundie guy - probably no later than her 19th birthday. She'll get a new last name, maybe one that goes better with her given names.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder how Lauren & Josiah are doing, home with their newborn?  Perhaps we'll soon hear about more struggles in their 2nd year of marriage in their oh so difficult life.  

I was just coming to post the same question.   Reality of life as the parents of a newborn must be hitting them.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I wonder how Lauren & Josiah are doing, home with their newborn?  Perhaps we'll soon hear about more struggles in their 2nd year of marriage in their oh so difficult life.  

I think they are saving their "story" for when one of the rags come around with $$$$ to tell it. So far Bella isn't special among the sea of new Duggar/Bates babies.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I was just coming to post the same question.   Reality of life as the parents of a newborn must be hitting them.  

It's probably hitting Josiah, but Miss Lauren is probably fluffed & puffed and relaxing in a nice comfy bed with everyone running around trying to take care of her.  Josiah is probably having to cart her helpless ass to the bathroom and ask 14 times thru the door "are you okay, do you need anything" while she does her dainty business.  Then he gets the honor of carting her ass back to her pillow fort bed.  He's probably getting less sleep than Princess and her Bsa pea.  You just know for those middle of the night feedings he's having to carry her ass to her plush glide rocking chair, fluff her pillows, freshen her lipgloss & then bring her mini-pea to her, after he's done diaper duty of course.  Then repeat it all in reverse.   Every 2-4 hours. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Steff said:

It's probably hitting Josiah, but Miss Lauren is probably fluffed & puffed and relaxing in a nice comfy bed with everyone running around trying to take care of her.  Josiah is probably having to cart her helpless ass to the bathroom and ask 14 times thru the door "are you okay, do you need anything" while she does her dainty business.  Then he gets the honor of carting her ass back to her pillow fort bed.  He's probably getting less sleep than Princess and her Bsa pea.  You just know for those middle of the night feedings he's having to carry her ass to her plush glide rocking chair, fluff her pillows, freshen her lipgloss & then bring her mini-pea to her, after he's done diaper duty of course.  Then repeat it all in reverse.   Every 2-4 hours. 

Its a slight possibility, but this is Fundieland. The women do the work when it comes to the kids until a sister mom is old enough. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I suspect Lauren is still on her swooning couch with a cold cloth on her forehead while Josiah is running around like a lunatic trying to do everything. I hope for his sake this is an easy baby. 

And an ice pack on her hoohaa.

I'm sure she's Googling every nursing issue that could occur and is experiencing those issues as well.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 10/21/2019 at 5:40 PM, JoanArc said:

The, uh, sex of the embryo, you mean.

Thank you.

Bella looks a little squished, like many new born babies, but she will get cuter. I don’t have any problem with Lauren choosing Bella as a name for her daughter, it’s not a slight to Joy-Anna at all. 

• Love 3

I don't know how I feel about the name Bella in relation to Joy and Annabell. If I were lauren, I would probably reconsider because I wouldn't want to step on Joy's toes/increase any pain for her. If I had decided I HAD TO HAVE that name, I would def give her a heads up and talk about it.

I am hoping Siah and Lauren mentioned it to Joy and Joy told them it was fine ect.

Also, how pissed is Lauren that Derrick went and totally stole her thunder ??? I bet Jessa is laughing her ass off right now.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Have they shared any new baby pictures anywhere?

That’s what I want to know!  I can’t believe that they’ve gone silent since the birth.  After seeing her cradle the baby belly for (what seemed like) 11 months, I’m ready for some baby pics!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9