Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It was a cute game for the younger Caldwell siblings. Joe was way too involved.

Even when a little one fell and was crying.  Must. Continue. With. Hunt.   

It's a woman's job to take care of crying children after all.     And Kendra just keeps giggling.    This little peek showed me the future ain't gonna be pretty.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

It was a cute game for the younger Caldwell siblings. Joe was way too involved.

Well, think about the typical Duggar birthday party. Didn't they lump kids together, and have a birthday observance for teenagers that was really only suitable for a 6 year old, with all the kids involved? He was probably just acting as he'd been conditioned to while Growing Up Duggared.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Even when a little one fell and was crying.  Must. Continue. With. Hunt.   

It's a woman's job to take care of crying children after all.     And Kendra just keeps giggling.    This little peek showed me the future ain't gonna be pretty.

Sounds like Joe and Kendra will grow into being the new JB and Michelle!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

They’re at a hibachi grill.

I like those places, the schtick gets old but I like the food. Years ago, one opened up near my house. We went with my parents for my son's birthday. The guy comes out (now this is a Japanese place that has sushi as well), starts setting up and my mom opens up a conversation with him--- in Spanish. So he wasn't quite Asian. He thought it was kind of neat and they joked around while he prepared the food. She could always sense when someone spoke her language. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This picture is from the Caldwell family Instagram. Does anyone know who needs the wheelchair?

295AB365-C946-417F-916D-AEB489626A93.jpeg

I remember a year or more ago, when the youngest son had some sort of tumor on his spine.  The Caldwells wrote about how they opted out of the MRI scans when they were told the (very rare) side effects of the contrast media.  I hope their son didn't suffer an unnecessary health problem due to the parents' fear of medical things.

Or the wheelchair could be for the mom, who is said to suffer horrible joint pain during her pregnancies.

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 12
On 1/14/2021 at 1:55 PM, Tikichick said:

For the life of me I can't begin to understand why a grown man in his early twenties with his own third blessing on the way is so fired up about finding out the gender of this soon to be in-law that he would run down small children to reach the clues first.  

I think they all watched JB and M do stuff like this repeatedly throughout their lives. So to them it's not just natural, it's apparently a sign of adults who are the godliest of the godly and the greatest parental role models in history. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

That’s the picture that Kendra chose to express her enthusiasm about the product? She’s not very good at being an influencer.

I saw the screen shot and immediately thought, oh no, what happened.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

That’s the picture that Kendra chose to express her enthusiasm about the product? She’s not very good at being an influencer.

She's making her various in-laws look good at it. And that's an accomplishment. Maybe she gets Duggar Points for doing that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Kendra looks like she is 15 years old.

And she is pregnant with her THIRD child. Methinks the laundry room breakdown will come sooner than later.

Considering that she said she was overwhelmed when it was just Garrett, I fear you are right.

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

She's 8 months pregnant. From what I've heard the last trimester/month is exhausting. Kendra is due sometime at the end of February, although she's delivered early both of the previous times. 

8 months along already?   Doesn't even feel like 8 months since she delivered her second.   Man, that is a high speed train.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Just realized, in addition to hair not looking up to par, she's not even smiling.   Aside from being literally in the midst of pushing out a baby, I didn't even know Kendra had an unsmiling (non giggling)  mode. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I feel like this comes up literally every time one of these ads are posted (by the Duggar daughters or Anna usually, rather than Kendra), but I'm pretty sure it's a screenshot, no? She's probably mid-word/ speaking. I agree it's weird not to see Kendra with the perma-watt smile, though!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Just realized, in addition to hair not looking up to par, she's not even smiling.   Aside from being literally in the midst of pushing out a baby, I didn't even know Kendra had an unsmiling (non giggling)  mode. 

She is an android and is being rebooted 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 12
18 hours ago, Tikichick said:

That’s a screen shot from her video. This is the “before” and her hair is still wet.

• Love 1

Responding to @yogi2014L  from the Joy thread.

Also- people forget, Kendra and Joe are very young and don’t have much else to do with their time. Early 20 somethings with full time jobs (or part time jobs with a full load of college classes) have plenty of energy to have sex if they want to be having sex. Kendra is 22 and Joe 26- who doesn’t have energy for lots of sex at that age?(if sex is something that interests them)

I believe Kendra WANTS these babies and wants to be pregnant. I also think she likes having sex with her husband. I don’t think Joe is coercing or pressuring her at all. 

• Love 15
On 1/29/2021 at 11:35 AM, dargosmydaddy said:

I feel like this comes up literally every time one of these ads are posted (by the Duggar daughters or Anna usually, rather than Kendra), but I'm pretty sure it's a screenshot, no? She's probably mid-word/ speaking. I agree it's weird not to see Kendra with the perma-watt smile, though!

Yeah I think even the most experienced model could look like a fool if you took a screenshot of her mid sentence/blinking. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Responding to @yogi2014L  from the Joy thread.

Also- people forget, Kendra and Joe are very young and don’t have much else to do with their time. Early 20 somethings with full time jobs (or part time jobs with a full load of college classes) have plenty of energy to have sex if they want to be having sex. Kendra is 22 and Joe 26- who doesn’t have energy for lots of sex at that age?(if sex is something that interests them)

I believe Kendra WANTS these babies and wants to be pregnant. I also think she likes having sex with her husband. I don’t think Joe is coercing or pressuring her at all. 

No matter how much you like sex, after three Kids in three years, you're just going to be too darned tired to want it. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, irisheyes said:

No matter how much you like sex, after three Kids in three years, you're just going to be too darned tired to want it. 

Don't forget, she's supposed to always be "joyfully available", so it probably doesn't matter if she's tired or doesn't want to. If Joe wants it, she's got to lay there and take it. 

• Love 2
On 1/30/2021 at 7:26 PM, irisheyes said:

You would think, but.... My grandparents had 9 kids in 11 years.  And that grandmother was the type who decided when the sexytimes happened,  none of that joyfully available bullshit.   

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You would think, but.... My grandparents had 9 kids in 11 years.  And that grandmother was the type who decided when the sexytimes happened,  none of that joyfully available bullshit.   

Some women have very easy pregnancies/labors and actually don’t mind having more children than the “typical amount”. They physically have children easily, enjoy the baby stage, are very organized etc. 

Even if Kendra didn’t grow up fundy, I could see her having the temperament for 4-5kids in a mainstream life style. 

• Love 3

It's always appeared to me that Kendra has good housekeeping and homemaking skills, probably a combination of interest, talent, and training by her mother.

She also seems to do well with pregnancy and motherhood, with a temperament suited for it as @Scarlett45 said. I give props to Kendra (and maybe to her mom who probably has some influence on this issue) for having what appears to be real medical prenatal care and hospital deliveries. Less drah-mah for TLC, but IMO a much nicer start for mom and baby than some of the homebirth-from-hell experiences the Duggar daughters have had. 

• Love 11

I think part of Kendra's easy births is, because she has been luckier than the Duggar girls. She hasn't very large babies (some of that being genetic), her babies arrive early, etc. She's in the hospital in case anything goes wrong, but she doesn't seem to use the advantages (like pain medication) while there.

Kendra is due the end of February! So the baby will probably be here before the end of the month. 

• Love 2

I thought Kendra had a hard time with labor? Isn't she the one who faints from pain?

Playing house with your first boyfriend and a couple cute babies, especially when you think it's going to get you into heaven, your entire society loves it, and you have no worries or other responsibilities... is really not that bad a life. I don't think Kendra has any complaints.

Adults who have lived in the real world think of how ignorant Kendra and Joe are, how vulnerable they are, how small their world is, etc, and worry. But Kendra and Joe themselves have been "trained" not to think and the only future they're meant to imagine is getting into Heaven. Who knows how long their ignorant bliss will last, maybe a long long time.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I thought Kendra had a hard time with labor? Isn't she the one who faints from pain?

Playing house with your first boyfriend and a couple cute babies, especially when you think it's going to get you into heaven, your entire society loves it, and you have no worries or other responsibilities... is really not that bad a life. I don't think Kendra has any complaints.

Adults who have lived in the real world think of how ignorant Kendra and Joe are, how vulnerable they are, how small their world is, etc, and worry. But Kendra and Joe themselves have been "trained" not to think and the only future they're meant to imagine is getting into Heaven. Who knows how long their ignorant bliss will last, maybe a long long time.

Yes, Kendra apparently has a history of fainting when she was in pain.  This is most likely an emotional reaction and not a specific medical concern.  She probably gets really anxious and hyperventilates and this makes her feel faint.

However, that is not a particularly difficult problem to manage, and, from what we've seen of Kendra's births, she didn't faint from the pain anyway.  Her first labor was kinda long, her second one was much shorter and easier for her.  

All in all, Kendra seems to have pretty typical pregnancies, labors and deliveries.  Not wonderful, but not awful either.  However, as we've seen with Meechelle and some of the rest of their fundy ilk, it doesn't really matter what happens to Kendra in labor.  If she stays part of their little cult, she will have as many babies as she can.

Kendra's own mother is pregnant again and due to deliver a couple months after Kendra.  She claims to have excruciating pain which worsens with each pregnancy, and, yet, she has gotten pregnant again and again.  These women seem to feel there is something heroic about suffering while pregnant or giving birth.  From what I've seen taking care of and delivering thousands and thousands of women; they're wrong.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
On 2/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, rue721 said:

As long as daddy Jim pays their bills blissful ignorance will go on.

• Love 7

Re Kendra and fainting from pain, I have a similar problem.  When I was a teenager I suffered from debilitating menstrual cramps.  Some months were worse than others but I passed out from the pain on more than a few occasions.

I was terrified that I would pass out while going through labor but I never did.  Three births- the first with an epidural that only took on one side, and two with no epidural or any type of pain remediation and I was fine. 

Since then I have had other fainting incidents due to abdominal pain. My guess is my different reactions to pain during labor and delivery were probably due in no small part to birth hormones.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is there a big faded spot across Kendra's right breast? Left side from our view. Not thinking many buyers want a dress with a splotch right over their boob.

I don't think it's a faded spot. I think the fabric is too thin and she's wearing a light colored bra underneath. This used to happen to me in high school when I'd wear a white bra under a black stretchy dress. You can also see her legs under the fabric at the bottom, which makes me think this dress is VERY thin.

Edited by Girl in a Cardigan
until =/= under
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I don't think it's a faded spot. I think the fabric is too thin and she's wearing a light colored bra underneath. This used to happen to me in high school when I'd wear a white bra until a black stretchy dress. You can also see her legs under the fabric at the bottom, which makes me think this dress is VERY thin.

And probably very cheaply made.  I have had that happen to me too. 

• Love 4

The spot may have something to do with Kendra's exact dress. The company is called Mountain Aire Boutique. They specialize in "modest and affordable dresses." They do sell some jeans though.  (There's literally only one pair of jeans available on the website, but I suspect that have more to do with how they stock and run through inventory.)

It amuses me that they seem like on-line competitors for the Bates Sister Boutique. 

Also I didn't see it anywhere, but they're probably based in Utah. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

The spot may have something to do with Kendra's exact dress. The company is called Mountain Aire Boutique. They specialize in "modest and affordable dresses." They do sell some jeans though.  (There's literally only one pair of jeans available on the website, but I suspect that have more to do with how they stock and run through inventory.)

It amuses me that they seem like on-line competitors for the Bates Sister Boutique. 

Also I didn't see it anywhere, but they're probably based in Utah. 

That would make a lot of sense, but they're actually based in Center, Colorado.  Pretty close to the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

• Love 2