Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Temperance said:

Joe and Kendra got married September 8, 2017. As of March 8, 2021 they have been married 3.5 years!

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And Kendra has been pregnant 2.25 of them.

I'm sure they think that's a sign that Jesus loves them best. I haven't tried to run the numbers but if they keep breeding at this rate I think they could approach Meech and JB's record as breeders. If there are any multiples in the bunch, they might break it.

Yes, I'm aware that's a recipe for various kinds of deprivation and hardship for the family, we've discussed all that at length here many times. It's sad, tragic, and most likely a waste of human potential. [insert long discourses and/or rants on the subject here.]

OTOH, they are adults following their religious beliefs and they have a lot of leeway to do that. 

This stuff is filed in my mind under "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." Also under, "It's good to be aware there are many thousands of people who believe this sh*t and live accordingly because they want to impose their personal preferences and beliefs on everyone which they without irony call protecting their own freedoms." Sigh.

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm sure they think that's a sign that Jesus loves them best. I haven't tried to run the numbers but if they keep breeding at this rate I think they could approach Meech and JB's record as breeders. If there are any multiples in the bunch, they might break it.

Yes, I'm aware that's a recipe for various kinds of deprivation and hardship for the family, we've discussed all that at length here many times. It's sad, tragic, and most likely a waste of human potential. [insert long discourses and/or rants on the subject here.]

OTOH, they are adults following their religious beliefs and they have a lot of leeway to do that. 

This stuff is filed in my mind under "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." Also under, "It's good to be aware there are many thousands of people who believe this sh*t and live accordingly because they want to impose their personal preferences and beliefs on everyone which they without irony call protecting their own freedoms." Sigh.

Love this post!

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

About 5 days. But yes.

No idea how she can possibly handle it.   Five days after for me, a good day was measured by having showered, brushed my teeth at least once and putting on actual clothing.   The pants might have been soft, maybe even pull on, but it still had to count to accommodate my staples.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Sooo... Kendra flew to Texas for a wedding after giving birth like 10 minutes before???

Imagine how uncomfortable she must have been if they drove. 

• Useful 1
On 3/10/2021 at 9:13 AM, Tikichick said:

No idea how she can possibly handle it.   Five days after for me, a good day was measured by having showered, brushed my teeth at least once and putting on actual clothing.   The pants might have been soft, maybe even pull on, but it still had to count to accommodate my staples.  

At least you brushed your teeth

On 3/9/2021 at 11:34 PM, SMama said:

Great, taking a newborn to a superspreader. 

NutJobs

• Love 7
On 3/10/2021 at 9:13 AM, Tikichick said:

Eh, exactly seven days after giving birth, I was at an air show in the July heat for about five hours. I had torn and had stitches, but, some people heal pretty quickly. And I wanted to get out and do stuff.

That said, I wouldn’t fly during a pandemic short of an emergency. And I definitely wouldn’t take a newborn on a plane during a pandemic (and I was the mom who let strangers hold her in the store and popped the binky back in after wiping it on my pants 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Edited by Monkeyrocks
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Monkeyrocks said:

Eh, exactly seven days after giving birth, I was at an air show in the July heat for about five hours. I had torn and had stitches, but, some people heal pretty quickly. And I wanted to get out and do stuff.

That said, I wouldn’t fly during a pandemic short of an emergency. And I definitely wouldn’t take a newborn on a plane during a pandemic (and I was the mom who let strangers hold her in the store and popped the binky back in after wiping it on my pants 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Oh I wouldn't have minded getting out.   First time around I had a child who would not sleep and required frequent nursing, due to what we now know was reflux.  Second time around I came home with one who went from nursing like a champ to total nursing strike once my milk came in, requiring attempting to get her to latch on for every feed, then being forced to pump so I could tube feed her in the hopes of eventually getting her back to nursing like a champ.  (Took 3 miserable, miserable weeks, but it worked.)   I also delivered via Cesarean both times, so my abdomen was a bit tender.   No way I was traveling anywhere five days after delivery with either one.   Like I said, shower, tooth brushing once a day and actual clothing was a day of accomplishment at that point. 

• Love 5
Just now, Gweilo said:

I would love it if someone played dumb and said on Kendra's social media "Congrats on giving birth during Easter week, what a great Easter surprise!!11!!!!!11!!!!" just to force a Duggar to have to admit that they faked Easter.

They. Faked. Easter.

Maybe they're trying to atone for ignoring Easter for Jed!'s wedding?! 😄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Maybe they're trying to atone for ignoring Easter for Jed!'s wedding?! 😄

It seems to be the wedding they're ignoring. It's tomorrow, so presumably they're busy getting ready for it and yet nobody is talking about it. I occasionally drop by the Duggars' Facebook page because the leghumpers' comments are so over-the-top hilarious (predictably, they LOVED this week's episode and they're still whining about how unfair it is that their beloved Josh can't be on the show). Not only is there no mention of the wedding this weekend, but there's never been a mention of Jed!'s engagement or even of Katey's existence on this planet. Very weird.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The show didn't hide the fact that Brooklyn was born in February. They posted her birthdate and everything. What was stranger was that there was no mention of Justin and Claire since Brooklyn was born just a few days before their wedding.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

The show didn't hide the fact that Brooklyn was born in February. They posted her birthdate and everything. What was stranger was that there was no mention of Justin and Claire since Brooklyn was born just a few days before their wedding.

I haven't seen the episode yet. I wonder if they thought the testimony part was going to be a stand alone episode, as well as Brooklyn's birth. 

Kendra looks worn down.  I feel sorry for these foolish two--they have totally bought into the idea that their main job is to constantly produce children one after the other.  I don't think they will ever stop to think if this is the best thing for them and their family.  Good thing Joe has a Sugar Daddy to support him and hopefully offer up some needed sister moms for this family.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Kendra looks worn down.  I feel sorry for these foolish two--they have totally bought into the idea that their main job is to constantly produce children one after the other.  I don't think they will ever stop to think if this is the best thing for them and their family.  Good thing Joe has a Sugar Daddy to support him and hopefully offer up some needed sister moms for this family.

I wonder about that. The youngest Duggar daughters don't seem to be pulling sister-mom duty for their older sisters like I thought they would. They are long past the age when their older sisters were rounding up 3-4 kids all day every day, but only Jana ever seems to be called in for child care.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I wonder about that. The youngest Duggar daughters don't seem to be pulling sister-mom duty for their older sisters like I thought they would. They are long past the age when their older sisters were rounding up 3-4 kids all day every day, but only Jana ever seems to be called in for child care.

I've seen them call in Hannie on occasion, but I can't recall Jenni, Jordyn, or (god forbid) Josie helping with the littles from any of their older siblings.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Anyone know why the Caldwells made a banner saying Feliz Cumpleano for their 17 year old's birthday, rather than a Happy Birthday one? Is he going on a mission or something? The party was rather nice for an 'insignificant' age. It was nicer than Jessa's wedding reception. The Caldwells are getting smarter about folks' feelings about the pandemic and left out pictures of any guests, but there's no doubt in my mind they must have invited a large crowd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNDy9GLMHCD/

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've seen them call in Hannie on occasion, but I can't recall Jenni, Jordyn, or (god forbid) Josie helping with the littles from any of their older siblings.

The TTH ain't gonna clean itself.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone know why the Caldwells made a banner saying Feliz Cumpleano for their 17 year old's birthday, rather than a Happy Birthday one? Is he going on a mission or something? The party was rather nice for an 'insignificant' age. It was nicer than Jessa's wedding reception. The Caldwells are getting smarter about folks' feelings about the pandemic and left out pictures of any guests, but there's no doubt in my mind they must have invited a large crowd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNDy9GLMHCD/

Please let at least a good portion of the many books he's read contain actual factual information worthy of a classroom in every public school in America!

• Love 3

Why must there be signs on little chalkboards everywhere with instructions? Are the guests so clueless they won’t know what’s what? NVM, I think I answered my own question.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

How many of the younger daughters are there now? I can't remember or keep up. Isn't Josie 10 or 11 now? 

3 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

How many of the younger daughters are there now? I can't remember or keep up. Isn't Josie 10 or 11 now? 

All but ready for JB to get cracking on a biblical betrothal I'm sad to say.

1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

The TTH ain't gonna clean itself.

Agreed. Michelle isnt going to loan out her personal staff. No wonder the youngest for always look like hostages!

1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Agreed. Michelle isnt going to loan out her personal staff. No wonder the youngest for always look like hostages!

They truly do.   Always an air of deep melancholy when they're seen.  Always in serious need of a deep shampoo.   Always feeling like afterthoughts, trailing along in the background of whatever storyline is supposed to be taking place, but never quite shown participating beyond the fringes.   Spurgeon has had more spotlight and active feature on the show, THs even.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

They truly do.   Always an air of deep melancholy when they're seen.  Always in serious need of a deep shampoo.   Always feeling like afterthoughts, trailing along in the background of whatever storyline is supposed to be taking place, but never quite shown participating beyond the fringes.   Spurgeon has had more spotlight and active feature on the show, THs even.

They may suddenly perk up once the four girls ahead of them really start showing what marriage deterioration looks like, once their looks go, and once they all have a zillion weird looking kids. The next crop of early 20 somethings with some life in their eyes and beauty might pull some ratings back. Although God willing the show will be off the air by then.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

They may suddenly perk up once the four girls ahead of them really start showing what marriage deterioration looks like, once their looks go, and once they all have a zillion weird looking kids. The first crop of early 20 somethings with some life in arise and beauty might pull some ratings back. Although God willing the show will be off the air by then.

IDK, I just feel like they're warehoused at the TTH with no education, no stimulation, watching the rest of the family jet off here and there.  Spurgeon's boredom has been noted and chatted about many times.   I think these girls are what that boredom looks like in about eight years or so.   I didn't mention Spurgeon's feature in the show as something aspirational, just a way to compare the fact the girls appear to be at a lower rung on the ladder in the family hierarchy.

I don't hold out a lot of hope that their time will ever come in regards to their worlds opening up even within the confines of the awful community they're trapped in.  (Family and religious community, not the community at large where they live.)

1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

Johannah is fifteen, Jenni is thirteen, Jordyn is twelve, and Josie is eleven.

I don't think they've farmed any of the younger girls out yet (i.e. having them stay with an older sibling for any significant amount of time), but they seem to be used as child minders at the TTH. There have been a couple of Joy's videos where she specifically leaves Gideon in Hannie's care, and various pictures and videos have shown Jenni and Jordyn (not so much Josie) carrying various little ones. (Though honestly there were a bunch of pictures of Justin and James doing likewise a few years ago, so maybe the younger kids just "have a heart for children" and it's not an actual expectation. Or maybe it's their way of trying to make themselves useful in the chaos and uselessness that is the Duggar world.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

IDK, I just feel like they're warehoused at the TTH with no education, no stimulation, watching the rest of the family jet off here and there.  Spurgeon's boredom has been noted and chatted about many times.   I think these girls are what that boredom looks like in about eight years or so.   I didn't mention Spurgeon's feature in the show as something aspirational, just a way to compare the fact the girls appear to be at a lower rung on the ladder in the family hierarchy.

I don't hold out a lot of hope that their time will ever come in regards to their worlds opening up even within the confines of the awful community they're trapped in.  (Family and religious community, not the community at large where they live.)

Just to be clear, I don’t think the world will ever open up. It hasn’t for any of the children, except maybe Jill, a little bit. Just it they will look a little bit better on camera. And of course I’ll have Instagram accounts with a hawk cheap useless crap  and dispense great life wisdom. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Just to be clear, I don’t think the world will ever open up. It hasn’t for any of the children, except maybe Jill, a little bit. Just it they will look a little bit better on camera. And of course I’ll have Instagram accounts with a hawk cheap useless crap  and dispense great life wisdom. 

Taking my reply to the Lost Girls topic.

2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Johanna 15, Jennifer 13, Jordyn 12, Josie 11 (I looked it up).

I think that the older sisters started sister-momming around age 11-12. That system started some time after 1997 and was firmly in place by 2004 when Jana was 14, Jill 13, Jessa 12, and Jinger 11.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that the older sisters started sister-momming around age 11-12. That system started some time after 1997 and was firmly in place by 2004 when Jana was 14, Jill 13, Jessa 12, and Jinger 11.

Jill was Joy's "buddy" when she was only 7 or 8.  Like you said, the system took some time to get properly ensconced, but those older girls had responsibilities at a young age.

Let's say sister-momming began in December 1998, when the second set of twins came along. (Even though I think it may have been earlier; I seem to recall Michelle saying Jill begged to take on the responsibility of infant Joy.) In December 1998, Jana would have been nearly nine, Jill seven, Jessa barely six, and Jinger just turned five. And Jinger was assigned as the buddy for one of those babies (Jed!)! Granted I'm sure their responsibilities were lesser then than they would be later, but still... yikes! 

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

How old is that baby and why would you take it to a wedding outside with a million people there?

I guess she had to take her since she’s nursing?  Why would she put tights that are at least 6 sizes too big on that baby?  Just swaddle her in a blanket to keep her legs and feet warm.  

• Love 7

Is that a wedding picture or an Easter picture? I actually assumed it was an Easter rather than a wedding picture. I don't know anything about tiny babies and their temp requirements, but it was in the high 70s here today. I feel overheated just looking at some of what they're wearing. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Is that a wedding picture or an Easter picture? I actually assumed it was an Easter rather than a wedding picture. I don't know anything about tiny babies and their temp requirements, but it was in the high 70s here today. I feel overheated just looking at some of what they're wearing. 

Joe has a boutonniere and his outfit is the same as Jed!'s. I'm assuming Joe was a groomsman. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
Just now, madpsych78 said:

Joe has a boutonniere and his outfit is the same as Jed!'s. I'm assuming Joe was a groomsman. 

Ah okay that makes sense. I guess I was fixating more on the Caldwell presence since they are allegedly on the outs with JB. Wasn't sure if they'd be invited. Might have made for a hilariously awkward reception if they were, though. LOL

• LOL 4