Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Quilt Fairy

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

Recommended Posts

If they think God rewards the right kind of believers with wealth and health, how do they explain the good health and wealth of non-believers? Like the Kardashians, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Judge Judy, etc?

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

If they think God rewards the right kind of believers with wealth and health, how do they explain the good health and wealth of non-believers? Like the Kardashians, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Judge Judy, etc?

I think they probably tell themselves that the good fortune of these sinful, prideful people is only a fluke and a temporary condition (sent to test the faith of the Godly) and that they will receive their eternal comeuppance in the fiery pits of Hell.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If they think God rewards the right kind of believers with wealth and health, how do they explain the good health and wealth of non-believers? Like the Kardashians, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Judge Judy, etc?

Satan, obviously! If the Duggars approve = God’s work, if they don’t approve = Satan’s work.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I agree! 

All I object to is the idea that Caldwell is uniquely an asshole who should just stop having kids while Jim Bob is a poor victim if he has to help a pastor afford the same luxury he enjoys -- the ton of kids whose existence he thinks is buying him and Meeechelle a golden throne at the right hand of God. That was my sense of how the conversation here was tending, and I think that's a big oversimplification. 

Caldwell should get a second job so he's working full time, if he's not doing that already. But if he is working full time for a church that believes you only get Jesus's full approval if you have as many kids as you can produce, then a church that embraces that belief should either help him pay for a big family or cut his hours so he can get a second paycheck to pay for it himself. 

Then suppose it turns out to be economically unrealistic for a congregation like theirs to pay their pastor enough -- or give him enough time off to earn the money elsewhere -- to afford kids at the rate of a rich real-estate investor with a tv freakshow? 

In that case, shouldn't the whole gang carefully reconsider whether their belief that only people who never practice birth control win Jesus's full approval and that this tenet should be preached from the pulpit and in the Sunday school and at Wednesday-night church, etc.?

Do they really believe in a Jesus who reserves his full blessing for those who have a number of kids that only rich people can afford? I'd like to see JB and M, in particular, slammed up against that question until they come up with an honest, realistic answer to it. They've pushed this belief forever without giving a single thought to its consequences for anybody beside themselves, including their own children one day. 

 

Let's face it, JB and M live their lives by what works to their best interests, with absolutely no regard for anyone else, even their own children who are simply a means for JB & M.   In many ways it's the same thing that Gothard did when spinning his principles out of whole cloth that were in fact truly designed as a means to his own ends and not about a bottom line of faith and service at all.   

 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 4:31 PM, Normades said:

I agree.  Also, don't most churches ask you to tithe 10% of your income?  I seriously doubt JimBoob has ever done that. 

Most of the fundies we talk about here probably expect their church to tithe them 10% or more. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

A member of my family wanted to join a church and had to meet with the pastor. He served them coffee and cake during his 'interview' with them. The pastor then told them that they would have to tithe 10% of their WORTH...not income. They thanked him for his time, walked OUT and never returned. 

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 30
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, floridamom said:

A member of my family wanted to join a church and had to meet with the pastor. He served them coffee and cake during his 'interview' with them. The pastor then told them that they would have to tithe 10% of their WORTH...not income. They thanked him for his time, walked OUT and never returned. 

That is awful! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, JoanArc said:

"Oh thank God, I'm $300,000 in debt! Guess YOU'LL be paying ME! Which way to the food pantry and love offer check line?"

Jill Rodrigues xoxo

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

We pay Church tax here. At leat if you're either Catholic or a Lutheran Prod. It's deducted from your salary😄

More on topic, these two are really quite dull, aren't they?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/15/2021 at 4:55 AM, floridamom said:

A member of my family wanted to join a church and had to meet with the pastor. He served them coffee and cake during his 'interview' with them. The pastor then told them that they would have to tithe 10% of their WORTH...not income. They thanked him for his time, walked OUT and never returned. 

I honestly don't think that's a bad thing.

He told them about expectations up front and they had the opportunity to join the community on those terms or look for another church.

My guess would be that there were parishioners in the past who were quite wealthy but insisted that their assets were non-liquid and they had no money to pay tithes (*cough* JB *cough*).

The funds would provide a salary and housing for the minister, maintenance of the church building, services for the parish (e.g. day care), and an emergency fund to help out parishioners in need (for instance people who are unemployed due to a pandemic). I can see the appeal of belonging to such a community even if it's not for me.

I think that both sides of this contract should be clear, though, before joining. If I tithed to a church and saw the minister driving a Ferrari, I'd be pissed. I used to have a neighbor who tithed to a local prosperity church. She fell on hard times (in large part due to her faith in the prosperity gospel), and the minister was genuinely shocked when she went to them for help.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Who wants to bet Kendra will announce baby no. 4 when Jessa has her baby? Brooklyn will be five months by then.  If not, definitely by her first birthday. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Who wants to bet Kendra will announce baby no. 4 when Jessa has her baby? Brooklyn will be five months by then.  If not, definitely by her first birthday. 

Definitely by Xmas there will be a pregnancy announcement 

  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Who wants to bet Kendra will announce baby no. 4 when Jessa has her baby? Brooklyn will be five months by then.  If not, definitely by her first birthday. 

That would definitely be really soon for Joe and Kendra. Brooklyn will be five months in July. Kendra usually announces at least 2 months. If she announces in July, that be a faster turnaround then ever before. She would be due in February at the latest and Brooklyn and the new baby would be almost exactly one year apart. So far none of Kendra's kids are that close together. Brooklyn is 15.5 months younger than Addison and Brooklyn was born over 1 week early.

tl:dr It's unlikely Kendra would announce in July. Christmas is more likely.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

lh7w0tbewtv61.jpg

Kendra and family... We were talking about old man-looking babies in regards to the Waller kids, but I think Brooklyn Praise may also qualify.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Brooklyn is a really weird looking baby. 

Christina is still pregnant?! Good grief, is she gestating an elephant?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Brooklyn is a really weird looking baby. 

Christina is still pregnant?! Good grief, is she gestating an elephant?

Brooklyn is still so tiny, and while I agree that the photos I've seen of her so far seem to show a bit of a beaky, shrill-looking (yeah, that's a horrible adjective, and hardly descriptive of a newborn, but I can't seem to find one that gives the same sense of what I see in her) baby, I am pretty confident that she will fill in to be a pretty child. Their other babies always seem to have an almost ethereal prettiness to them, and I quite expect that Brooklyn will eventually follow suit.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Brooklyn is a really weird looking baby. 

Christina is still pregnant?! Good grief, is she gestating an elephant?

Christina is due in May and she announced early.  As for Brooklyn, she's only 2 months. A lot of babies look better around the 6th month mark.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

As fundy families go, this is really a good looking group.  Everyone has such a nice smile.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I sometimes wonder what goes on in the head of a Fundy mom while she sees her young daughter start on the path for breeding for Jesus. They have first hand knowledge of how hard it can be.

Does Christina have any moments of regret seeing Kendra going from a carefree kid to an adult with 3 kids so quickly? Does she worry about the tough moments Kendra is dealing with, with 3 kids, 3 and under? Does she secretly wish her daughter could have had an alternative path to choose from?

Most parents want better for their children than they have had. Like, how deep do their beliefs go? Is this what Christina has always hoped Kendra's life would be like?

  • Like 17
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GeeGolly said:

I sometimes wonder what goes on in the head of a Fundy mom while she sees her young daughter start on the path for breeding for Jesus. They have first hand knowledge of how hard it can be.

Does Christina have any moments of regret seeing Kendra going from a carefree kid to an adult with 3 kids so quickly? Does she worry about the tough moments Kendra is dealing with, with 3 kids, 3 and under? Does she secretly wish her daughter could have had an alternative path to choose from?

Most parents want better for their children than they have had. Like, how deep do their beliefs go? Is this what Christina has always hoped Kendra's life would be like?

I've always wondered this myself. I wonder if there's a little part of them, deep down inside, that doesn't really want to go along with their fundy beliefs. You know those little feelings we get when we're doing something that we know we shouldn't be doing what we're doing? I wonder if they get those. So feelings are natural, there's no stopping them. So what do they do, pray them away? Repent for having a 'sinning thought/feeling'? 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Barefoot in the woods? How are their feet not injured/bleeding???

It looks like they're at a campsite or picnic area. Maybe the two who are barefoot were playing in a creek nearby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love to walk around barefoot, and though I wouldn't run around in the woods barefoot (great way to get snakebit), I have never had my feet bleed from being outside without shoes on. Even walking over gravel. It hurts, and it's stupid to do it, but it doesn't make your feet bleed. 

I think something people who don't walk around barefoot may not realize is if you walk around barefoot all the time, your feet develop callouses to protect you, so it's not going to feel the same to someone who is used to it versus someone who never does it. 

I would suspect the people without shoes in that picture aren't participating in their first barefoot rodeo is my point. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I love to walk around barefoot, and though I wouldn't run around in the woods barefoot (great way to get snakebit), I have never had my feet bleed from being outside without shoes on. Even walking over gravel. It hurts, and it's stupid to do it, but it doesn't make your feet bleed. 

I think something people who don't walk around barefoot may not realize is if you walk around barefoot all the time, your feet develop callouses to protect you, so it's not going to feel the same to someone who is used to it versus someone who never does it. 

I would suspect the people without shoes in that picture aren't participating in their first barefoot rodeo is my point. 😂

Same here. We spent our summers basically barefoot. When we were on our own, we'd try and sneak into stores to buy some candy before anyone noticed our feet. My mom had a bunch of random flip-flops in the back of the station wagon so she wouldn't be stuck with shoeless kids, when we were out and about, lol.

Like you said, the Caldwell kids are likely barefoot often. And it doesn't look like they're hiking during that picture.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

for all the talk of the Caldwells and Duggars having a falling out - two of the pics from whatever Caldwell boy's birthday has Lauren Caldwell in the J and J Services t shirt.  A Duggar Llc.

Screenshot (71)_LI.jpg

Edited by crazy8s · Reason: so bad on the apostrophes
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Kendra made the mistake of posting some pictures today. She spent the rest of the day scrubbing her page of Smuggar comments.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I find that unfair. She is just the SIL to an asshole of a BIL.

It’s not fair, but the internet doesn’t work that way. All Duggars should lay low for a while, for their own sake.

  • Like 16
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I find that unfair. She is just the SIL to an asshole of a BIL.

No, it's not fair and I would never post nasty stuff on her (or any of the Duggar-in-law's) social media because of this. But, I do sort of feel in my heart of hearts that if I were a woman intending to have lots of children in a family that's as entangled as the Duggars, I would have thought twice about the existence of Sex Pest. 

Of course, I also would have thought twice about getting on the three kids in three years baby train with a guy who doesn't have an income outside of Daddy's largesse, so there's that.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

ADF34149-6C68-4F21-A080-2FF593912467.jpeg

Brooklyn 

After all this, Kendra is still stupid enough to post these pictures. SMH.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

well I be darned Joe has an actual listing for a house. listed for 2 days. Maybe they will have to actually start working

ETA - it is owned by a duggar pal who is FB friends with Jed,  David Waller, the Caldwells, etc. so not actually working....

Edited by crazy8s · Reason: added info
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6
  • Laugh 9
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

well I be darned Joe has an actual listing for a house. listed for 2 days. Maybe they will have to actually start working

ETA - it is owned by a duggar pal who is FB friends with Jed,  David Waller, the Caldwells, etc. so not actually working....

If Joe is acting as their real estate agent, then it doesn't matter if they're friends. It matters if he's actually showing the house, etc.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Temperance said:

If Joe is acting as their real estate agent, then it doesn't matter if they're friends. It matters if he's actually showing the house, etc.

agree - and if he actually gets a commission in the end. My point was more this guy is a friend who maybe just gave Joe the listing and he didn't have to work for the listing. and seriously he had 0 listings until 2 days ago

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Temperance said:

If Joe is acting as their real estate agent, then it doesn't matter if they're friends. It matters if he's actually showing the house, etc.

I agree. In fact a lot of realtors get early business this way - a friend or a friend of a friend etc. So if he does what an agent does, gets the house sold, and earns a commission then kudos to him. 
I don’t know what the market is like there but in my area houses are selling quickly. So hopefully it goes well for them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I do hope Joe gets out there and makes a name for himself and steady income for his family. But he is listed as principal broker with Jed, Jeer and JB as associates, for an office with an address in front of the TTH that has had 0 listings ever until the day josh is getting out of jail.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I do hope Joe gets out there and makes a name for himself and steady income for his family. But he is listed as principal broker with Jed, Jeer and JB as associates, for an office with an address in front of the TTH that has had 0 listings ever until the day josh is getting out of jail.

Ugh. And frankly even if the house sells that means JB is getting the money, not Joe. 

  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/7/2021 at 6:12 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Ugh. And frankly even if the house sells that means JB is getting the money, not Joe. 

What a coinky dink it works out that way yet again.   What are the odds?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I keep wondering if the fallout over the house between JB and the Caldwells had anything to do with Josh's arrest and him potentially trying to throw Joe under the bus.

 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/28/2021 at 5:43 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

lh7w0tbewtv61.jpg

Kendra and family... We were talking about old man-looking babies in regards to the Waller kids, but I think Brooklyn Praise may also qualify.

Is Praise seriously her middle name??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Is Praise seriously her middle name??

Yep. 

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Normades said:

I keep wondering if the fallout over the house between JB and the Caldwells had anything to do with Josh's arrest and him potentially trying to throw Joe under the bus.

 

The alleged fallout happened way before Volderjosh’s arrest. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SMama said:

The alleged fallout happened way before Volderjosh’s arrest. 

I guess I should have said the investigation because weren't some of the family interviewed before Josh was arrested?  I may have that wrong, tho. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Normades said:

I guess I should have said the investigation because weren't some of the family interviewed before Josh was arrested?  I may have that wrong, tho. 

The raid happened in November 2019 and the alleged fallout happened in spring 2020, so timingwise that did happen prior. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size