Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I see two little boys who'll be trying to do it for the rest of their lives.

I think that's actually Addison on the left. (I know the blue bib on a Duggar should equate to boy and there's no convenient bow to help out, but there's a pink sleeve visible underneath, and it looks like her face.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think that's actually Addison on the left. (I know the blue bib on a Duggar should equate to boy and there's no convenient bow to help out, but there's a pink sleeve visible underneath, and it looks like her face.)

Yep, it's Addison. I realized that a while after I wrote it! Sorry, Addison. It's gonna be your husband who'll be grossed out when you throw wet food on the table and expect someone to eat it.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I raised 2 daughters and I have fed my granddaughter many times when she was young. It never occured to me to throw food on a table or high chair tray and walk away. Also don't remember having a child throw the plate on the floor or stuff a napkin their mouth. But I was usually sitting right next to them while they ate That is when they were young like these children. The thought of eating food off a table is pretty off-putting to me. 

I don’t have kids, but my mom never just threw food on a table. FFS.

• Love 11

I have yet to see a photo or video which shows an adult properly feeding a child in this family. I would never have dumped food on a table and walked away expecting my child to fend for themselves and try to figure out how to feed themselves. I think this is their method. A small child needs to be FED by an adult and TAUGHT how to eat properly with proper utensils made for little children....this is like feeding the chickens in the yard....just throw the feed out on the ground and let them fend for themselves. No wonder none of the Duggar children have any table manners and some lick their plates clean. (I would worry that my child may choke on their food if not attended to.)

• Love 16

Well, they didn't just drop food and walk away, they were right there with them.  And picking up food and feeding themselves is an important developmental skill.  It's gross, but they aren't neglecting the babies or anything.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, louannems said:

With all the babies these people are constantly producing, shouldn't they have a stash of toddler plates and bowls?  I remember the bowls that stuck to the high chair tray with suction so the kid couldn't throw it.

That's a staple of baby shower registries. I know I've bought a few of those over the past couple of years.

They're a strange lot. It's not like they're in a position where there aren't going to be infants and toddlers roaming the house for generations to come.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

When my nephews were babies my sister-in-law put Cheerios and the like on the high chair tray and they fed themselves just like these babies are doing. They are too young to use utensils.

I think we all agree, a highchair tray is better then a public restaurant table or a wooden painted table. One of my kids took a little longer to feed themselves. They actually held the fork/spoon in one hand and ate with the other. It didn't stop me from giving them plates, bowls and forks and spoons to eat with though.

Addie may be a little young to feed herself with a spork, but her brother and uncle should be able to.

• Love 11

I don't have an issue with food on home tables that have cleaned. Completely different than what JRod does with public tables. I always put stuff right in front of my son either in a highchair or at the table when he was that young. Adding utensils and/or bowls/plates just didn't make sense with finger foods. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

I couldn't pick up a string bean with spork. You must know very dexterous babies.

Cooked green beans were actually one of the easy foods to eat with a spork. They'd often spilt and stayed on the spork or mushed up and stuck to the spork. Corn on the other hand was nearly impossible to get on a spoon or spork. Definitely easier with fingers. But both the corn and green beans were served on a shallow plate or in a bowl.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

I don't mind babies eating with their hands, but it genuinely wouldn't occur to me to dump food on a table like this.

Yet again, I'm bewildered because I am apparently more careful and formal with my dog than these people are with their children.

And you probably pay more attention to your dog than they do to their kids. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, rue721 said:

because I am apparently more careful and formal with my dog than these people are with their children.

I often think about this in regard to the fundies I know, but it's true of this crowd too. My Chihuahua gets better healthcare, food, and bedtime rituals (he's got 2 bedtime rituals because he's special 😛 ) than these people give their kids. And probably more one-on-one attention too. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, Zella said:

I often think about this in regard to the fundies I know, but it's true of this crowd too. My Chihuahua gets better healthcare, food, and bedtime rituals (he's got 2 bedtime rituals because he's special 😛 ) than these people give their kids. And probably more one-on-one attention too. 

To be fair to the fundies, you don't have 13 chihuahuas. 😁 But if you did, they'd still get more attention than the Rod pod.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

To be fair to the fundies, you don't have 13 chihuahuas. 😁 But if you did, they'd still get more attention than the Rod pod.

This is true! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My Chi would rise up against me in revolt if I even thought about getting another dog. He likes being an only child. 😁

• LOL 13
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Probably being saved for the show. Provided it airs before the baby is crowning. 😁

TLC is so behind though last season they showed Kendra give birth to Addison and that was only a few months ago. I feel like it would be better if they did a yearly show like the original show. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

TLC is so behind though last season they showed Kendra give birth to Addison and that was only a few months ago. I feel like it would be better if they did a yearly show like the original show. 

They also aired some of that footage closer to when Addison was born. They re-aired the footage, because not much else was happening. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

Yeah, they've usually revealed online their upcoming child's genitalia by now.  Wonder what's up?

After that terrible forrest fire in California due to a gender reveal, maybe those things will finally go back out of fashion.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

After that terrible forrest fire in California due to a gender reveal, maybe those things will finally go back out of fashion.

And the death of a grandmother from a different one.

• Love 1

Regarding shoes and pregnancy: I had horrible foot cramps from shoes when I was pregnant. Being barefoot or wearing my croc sandals (like flip-flops, but with no thing between the toes) were the only comfortable options. My neonatal provider explained that the hormones that help relax the ligaments in the pelvis for delivery can also affect other joints, such as the feet. It also got worse with each succesive pregnancy. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Regarding shoes and pregnancy: I had horrible foot cramps from shoes when I was pregnant. Being barefoot or wearing my croc sandals (like flip-flops, but with no thing between the toes) were the only comfortable options. My neonatal provider explained that the hormones that help relax the ligaments in the pelvis for delivery can also affect other joints, such as the feet. It also got worse with each succesive pregnancy. 

I have heard that your feet can "grow" 1/2 a shoes size with each pregnancy because of this. I had one lady tell me when she married she wore a size 5. I was putting a size 9 shoe on her feet.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Joe and Kendra are so dull there is nothing but having a baby every year. That’s it. 

It's funny that the title for Jill and Derick refers to them as the Dullards when by far they are the least dull couple out of all the adult Duggars. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have heard that your feet can "grow" 1/2 a shoes size with each pregnancy because of this. I had one lady tell me when she married she wore a size 5. I was putting a size 9 shoe on her feet.

It is true! My feet grew about a half- to a whole size. They usually don't go back, either! I was VERY lucky given my shoe collection that mine reverted.

• Love 2

Toward the end of one of my pregnancies my feet would swell if I sat for too long, so I really felt the discomfort of walking in tight shoes. By the time I was done having babies I went from a 5.5 to a 6. Because I can still wear a 5.5 in some sandals, I often wonder if my comfort zone changed more than my actual foot size.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

My feet are tiny. 5

Was hoping to grow a number with pregnancies, did not happen. Shoe shopping is something I hate

Ontopic, when are Kendra and her mom's due dates?

Kendra is due in February, and I believe Christina is due in May.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Gweilo said:

I can't get over how surreal that statement is.... 

The entire situation has me doing mental gymnastics...

Does Kendra's mom "have a heart for children? Does her heart sink each time she becomes pregnant? Does she feel bad for Kendra for having three kids in three years? Is she happy for Kendra for having three kids in three years? Is she pleased and proud that she and her daughter are building God's army together? Is Kendra's mom tired of having babies and children? Does she secretly want to save her daughter from the same woes?

Obviously I spend way too much time thinking about these families, but they're such anomalies they leave me scratching my head.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The entire situation has me doing mental gymnastics...

Is she happy for Kendra for having three kids in three years? Is she pleased and proud that she and her daughter are building God's army together?

Obviously I spend way too much time thinking about these families, but they're such anomalies they leave me scratching my head.

I would say yes to these

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Even moreso when you consider it's not the first time they've been expecting simultaneously.

Maybe in 2022 Lauren will be expecting too! Do we know when her wedding is? Hopefully it is later in 2021 after the latest babies are born.

On 11/9/2020 at 4:50 PM, iwantcookies said:

I’m jealous of all of you who have tiny feet. 5.5 ??? Those are some cute tiny feet!

Yep. I’m a dainty size 11. 😁

ETA: I shudder to think what size they’d be if I’d ever been pregnant. 11s are difficult to find and my feet are narrow which limits my choices further. My shoes look like canoes. 

Edited by latetotheparty
Don’t get me started on shoes.
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

ETA: I shudder to think what size they’d be if I’d ever been pregnant. 11s are difficult to find and my feet are narrow which limits my choices further. My shoes look like canoes. 

I have never had a kid and at this point I doubt I ever will, and I shudder to think how my 10w feet would have handled pregnancy.  For that matter my whole body.  I would have spent my last few weeks looking like a beached whale.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, latetotheparty said:

Fellow size 11 here.  I remember being a size 7 in the fifth grade.  Mr. Xword has big feet too.  He calls them gunboats.  I buy conservative shoes so as not to draw attention to them.

• Love 7
On 11/13/2020 at 4:22 PM, latetotheparty said:

I wear men’s 10.5/11 in sneakers/boots

Womens I wear only slip ons size 12 or 13.  I bought out a Payless when they closed. So hard to find womens shoes beyond size 10.

I cannot fit in women’s boots period 

Sigh 😔 

• Love 5