Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

With as many kids as this pair is likely to have, they're likely to have doppelgängers for every relative they can think of, and some throwback lookalikes as well.  Poor Kendra, having to push out endless babies until her what?  Late 40's?  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

With as many kids as this pair is likely to have, they're likely to have doppelgängers for every relative they can think of, and some throwback lookalikes as well.  Poor Kendra, having to push out endless babies until her what?  Late 40's?  

Most women don't have children after 45. Her mother is 41. 

2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I guess I'm really behind in the Joe/Kendra thread.  I had no idea they were expecting baby #3. 😲

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Kendra is due in February with #3 and her mother is expecting #9 in May. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, SMama said:

I have read many comments about Garret being all Duggar. I see Pa Caldwell as a toe head and very, very, very, light skin. What’s wrong with me?

I feel like he favors the Caldwell side also!  

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It’s going to be a loooooong ride!  Her mom is still going!  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I saw her registry leaked the other day. That probably did it.

It's been leaked for awhile. 

Titus deleted his facebook account. Wonder if he's hired a lawyer and hit up the gym too?

The awkward engagement announcement talking about how Lauren loves the Lord and therefore they love Lauren has been scrubbed off Facebook as well. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Titus and Lauren broke up? 

That's what just came to mind. I've read that the Caldwells, as well as Joken, have scrubbed all mention of the couple from their social media. Titus has also deleted his FB.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's what just came to mind. I've read that the Caldwells, as well as Joken, have scrubbed all mention of the couple from their social media. Titus has also deleted his FB.

The eagle eyed reddit folks also saw her in that video Jessa posted without her engagement ring.

• Useful 2

So, does this mean that poor Lauren is now considered used-up trash, a piece of used chewing gum, a beat-up old bicycle? Isn't that how Michelle explained what happens when you "give a piece of your heart" to someone you don't marry? Will tarnished trashed Lauren be sent to live with distant relatives in a location far from Arkansas, so her family won't be shamed by her tarnished, ruined presence?

Because, if you believe that Michelle was sincere when she said all that stupid sh*t, the logical results are either that Lauren is exiled, or her family in their huge love of Christ, FORGIVES her for her horrible sin of a broken engagement. Although based on what Michelle said, I don't see how she can be considered "pure" ever again.

Note: I think all that stuff Michelle said is bullsh*t. I don't think she really believes it. I think they preach that carp to their kids as a matter of controlling them. Scaring them sh*tless so they don't dare acknowledge, much less act on, any kind of sexual or romantic attraction unless and until their HEADSHIP tells them they are allowed to do so, and approves the object of those affections. 

IOW those people are effed up control freaks who spout nonsense and probably do great psychological damage to many of their children. I do wonder how many times the Caldwell kids have heard lectures like the one we know Michelle gave, and how that affects their thoughts and feelings if in fact Lauren has a broken engagement. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The eagle eyed reddit folks also saw her in that video Jessa posted without her engagement ring.

If I'm remembering correctly, Jessa's ring looked like it was on a sample band. Like one that displays the diamond. The band was upright and thin. Then Ben designed some clunky wedding band to fit in/around it. I wouldn't be surprised if the engagement ring band broke.

Or she could be pregnant with swollen fingers.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

So, does this mean that poor Lauren is now considered used-up trash, a piece of used chewing gum, a beat-up old bicycle? Isn't that how Michelle explained what happens when you "give a piece of your heart" to someone you don't marry? Will tarnished trashed Lauren be sent to live with distant relatives in a location far from Arkansas, so her family won't be shamed by her tarnished, ruined presence?

Because, if you believe that Michelle was sincere when she said all that stupid sh*t, the logical results are either that Lauren is exiled, or her family in their huge love of Christ, FORGIVES her for her horrible sin of a broken engagement. Although based on what Michelle said, I don't see how she can be considered "pure" ever again.

Note: I think all that stuff Michelle said is bullsh*t. I don't think she really believes it. I think they preach that carp to their kids as a matter of controlling them. Scaring them sh*tless so they don't dare acknowledge, much less act on, any kind of sexual or romantic attraction unless and until their HEADSHIP tells them they are allowed to do so, and approves the object of those affections. 

IOW those people are effed up control freaks who spout nonsense and probably do great psychological damage to many of their children. I do wonder how many times the Caldwell kids have heard lectures like the one we know Michelle gave, and how that affects their thoughts and feelings if in fact Lauren has a broken engagement. 

Maybe she can marry that one Bates boy who has had two failed courtships. 🤔

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Well, Titus and Lauren et al may be scrubbing stuff but they don't seem to be scrubbing gift registries. One tiny Google and I immediately got three (apparent) registrations. At The Knot, and at Crate and Barrel and Amazon. They were (are?) going for cash mainly, looks like. At Amazon, they're asking for a Prime membership and gift cards but nothing else. We'll be choosing our own merchandise, thank you. You're merely being asked to subsidize it. 😁

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

They clearly forgot about those. 

It was an engagement announcement out of nowhere. I wonder how much they actually knew each other and/or got to spend time with each other. When Duggar birthday greetings are more personal than what you post about a future daughter in law, that's a bit troubling. 

At any rate it's probably better for Lauren. The age gap between her and Great Value Jeremy alongside having to move away from her family looked like a recipe for disaster.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

If I'm remembering correctly, Jessa's ring looked like it was on a sample band. Like one that displays the diamond. The band was upright and thin. Then Ben designed some clunky wedding band to fit in/around it. I wouldn't be surprised if the engagement ring band broke.

Or she could be pregnant with swollen fingers.

They were not talking about Jessa. They were talking about Lauren. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They clearly forgot about those. 

It was an engagement announcement out of nowhere. I wonder how much they actually knew each other and/or got to spend time with each other. When Duggar birthday greetings are more personal than what you post about a future daughter in law, that's a bit troubling. 

At any rate it's probably better for Lauren. The age gap between her and Great Value Jeremy alongside having to move away from her family looked like a recipe for disaster.

My gut instinct is the distance from her family is a problem.   I suspected it would be an issue when the engagement was announced. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

That’s a plausible theory. 

I do feel for Lauren. I hope she wants this. 

Considering the Caldwells add more powder into their Kool-Aid than the Duggars, Lauren probably feels like damaged goods right now.

I do really wonder how much she knew Titus. It's quite possible this was yet another Smuggar situation where there were skeletons in the closet (although I hope not that bad) and they were itching to marry him off to a woman outside their immediate circle.

interesting how we all jump to speculate the guy was somehow at fault.

maybe he decided Lauren had given away too many pieces of her heart, I mean she was shown baking cookies with James Duggar and OMG touched his hand opening the oven together in a video or on the show.

no one, myself included, suggested Lauren might be a lesbian.... had secrets etc

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

What I find suspect is Titus deleting his Facebook. Tabitha Paine's husband did the same thing when the world found out he was a rapist. I'm not saying Titus is guilty of something on that level, but perhaps there were other skeletons about to come out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

interesting how we all jump to speculate the guy was somehow at fault.

maybe he decided Lauren had given away too many pieces of her heart, I mean she was shown baking cookies with James Duggar and OMG touched his hand opening the oven together in a video or on the show.

no one, myself included, suggested Lauren might be a lesbian.... had secrets etc

Because almost exclusively when a courtship/proposal has been broken off in fundieland, it has been due to something the male or their family did/how the family acts.

The only exception so far (I have seen anyway) has been the eldest Anderson boy and that was because the woman's parents allegedly did something PP and Zsu didn't approve of. 

Although you never know. Maybe Paul and Christina have skeletons in their closet. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What I find suspect is Titus deleting his Facebook. Tabitha Paine's husband did the same thing when the world found out he was a rapist. I'm not saying Titus is guilty of something on that level, but perhaps there were other skeletons about to come out. 

Yes. Especially since Lauren isn't a "main cast member" on the Duggar reality bandwagon. She's the younger sister of a Duggar Daughter in Law to a middle son. Im taking a Facebook break right now, but I still have my profile and if someone messages me I will respond, DELETING it seems reactionary to me.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Because almost exclusively when a courtship/proposal has been broken off in fundieland, it has been due to something the male or their family did/how the family acts.

The only exception so far (I have seen anyway) has been the eldest Anderson boy and that was because the woman's parents allegedly did something PP and Zsu didn't approve of. 

Although you never know. Maybe Paul and Christina have skeletons in their closet. 

Three other exceptions are Zach Bates' failed courtship and his brother's two failed courtships. Those seemed to end due to immaturity and incompatibility.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

It's horrifying that youngsters from this culture might be pressured into going through with a bad marriage to avoid the "shame" of a  broken engagement. When we were still Baptist, a young woman in the congregation--a sweet girl if kind of a goody-two-shoes--called off her wedding one week before the ceremony. I never got the full story, but the family indicated that she'd found out just in the nick of time that her seemingly perfect fiancé was not marriage material. There were a lot of legalistic people in that church, but it was just a no-brainer that this mortified almost-bride needed nothing but love, support, and reassurance that a broken engagement is 1000% better than a bad marriage.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Three other exceptions are Zach Bates' failed courtship and his brother's two failed courtships. Those seemed to end due to immaturity and incompatibility.

Do we know who broke off the Maxwell engagement? (I think it was Joseph's engagement?) 

Edited by galaxygirl76
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. Especially since Lauren isn't a "main cast member" on the Duggar reality bandwagon. She's the younger sister of a Duggar Daughter in Law to a middle son. Im taking a Facebook break right now, but I still have my profile and if someone messages me I will respond, DELETING it seems reactionary to me.

I feel like this is probably true in general, too. 

But having watched some of Titus's sermons, I must say that he strikes me as a pretty intense and buttoned-up person who might just really really hate the idea of having his life story visible to or discussed by others (aside from his testimony, of course!).

So I can imagine him impulsively shutting down his Facebook for that reason in the wake of any kind of upheaval that was drawing attention. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5