Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Marigold said:

He looks out of his mind. 

Truthfully, he probably is. I can't even imagine how dysfunctional the dynamic is in that household in the wake of the molestation scandal and the adultery scandal. Though it would never be allowed, I imagine he and Anna would be a lot better off if they called it quits and went their separate ways. They're never going to be what the other one wants/needs, and no amount of pretending or fundie rehab is going to fix that. Staying together just seems like a recipe for misery for all involved. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
On 3/17/2019 at 5:13 PM, JoanArc said:

I couldn’t get past it to see what Anna was posting about.  I seriously never want to see Josh, Jim Bob, or Michelle ever ever ever again. 

Throw Derrick in the discard pile, as well.

• Love 4

And IF, for some reason they really BOTH wanted to stay together and rebuild their marriage, I would recommend moving far away from the Duggar Vortex, changing their last names and start fresh. ALONE. Get quality and intense counseling too. Not some stupid Fundie Jail Time in that place, which I can't remember the name of.  I'm not even sure that therapy would help but you need to start somewhere, I guess.  

Being part of the TV spectacle & having Jim Bob, Michelle and all the Duggar drones up your ass 24/7 is NOT helping anyone. 

Not to mention, I'm sure the victims would be relieved to have some space away from Josh to heal and not do that fake forgiveness thing they are forced to do for the cameras.  I cannot even begin to process the level of dysfunction going on to get through dealing with Josh. 

Bottom line is that Josh looks hideous and awful and completely nuts.   

• Love 14

I'm sorry, but that is one ugly house. The exterior looks unfinished to me and like it's meant to be a 'cheap imitation' of the TTH. I, for one, would NOT want to sleep in that master bedroom! Yuck.

• Love 13

Is curb appeal not a thing in Tonitown? None of the houses we've seen the Duggars or their families in have any sort of curb appeal. They're just boxes with nothing.

Growing up I lived in the country and our house was set back off the dirt road and pretty obscured by trees. We weren't trying to keep up with the Joneses - you couldn't really see the neighbor's house from it's and people driving down the road were going 40 and not looking at the landscape. But my mom always liked working outside and wanted the house to look nice. She landscaped with flowers and bushes, we kept the deck stained and painted, and arranged deck furniture for the spring and summer. It was all basically for nothing because we didn't spend much time in the front yard and no one passing by would see or care, but there was personality and care there.

That is absent in any of the Duggar homes, Josh and Anna's included. It's all just blah.

• Love 15

I will say that the pictures used in that listing leave a lot to be desired.  When I first looked at them, I thought that the driveway was a road and I was perplexed with the lack of yard.  Some shrubbery would be nice and I'm sure one of the Duggar boys has a drone that they could have used to take some pictures of the lot.  If I was looking for a home in the area, I would pass this listing right by.

• Love 5

Unfinished wood posts combined with siding does not a Gaines house make.

FARM. That’s, well, some sign. I bet I can guess who’s the Prize Pig.

The car lot must be doing horribly. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 7

Radar refers to them as a "disgraced couple". I know what Josh did, but as far as I know the only thing Anna did was stick with Josh. And while I think that was a ridiculously stupid thing to do, I'm not sure it qualifies her for being lumped with him as a "disgraced couple".

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I agree with everyone who thinks the Duggars are having cash-flow problems. 

I wonder if it's more of JB cutting off the adult married kids?  Especially the ones that are not allowed to be filmed anymore.  Josh's main source of income is the used car lot, right?  I'm not overly familiar with it, but is it on par with other mom & pop shops or is it still more of a "pop-up" type establishment?  I can imagine that cash-flow in that scenario is like a roller-coaster.  Jill and Derralick seem to be living fairly modestly....  it's a mystery where they get money to buy anything.  The rest, Jessa and Jinger, must get income from the show, which allows their husbands to play around doing whatever they feel will make them important.   Also, JB & Meshell are off on trips left and right.  I doubt they are hurting.  JB probably has plenty of money in various shady schemes and investments.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if it's more of JB cutting off the adult married kids?  Especially the ones that are not allowed to be filmed anymore.  Josh's main source of income is the used car lot, right?  I'm not overly familiar with it, but is it on par with other mom & pop shops or is it still more of a "pop-up" type establishment?  I can imagine that cash-flow in that scenario is like a roller-coaster.  Jill and Derralick seem to be living fairly modestly....  it's a mystery where they get money to buy anything.  The rest, Jessa and Jinger, must get income from the show, which allows their husbands to play around doing whatever they feel will make them important.   Also, JB & Meshell are off on trips left and right.  I doubt they are hurting.  JB probably has plenty of money in various shady schemes and investments.

It could still be a cash flow problem.   There is no way that JB and Mechelle are going to cut back on their lifestyle,  so if there is less money in the pot the kidults will get less.  Also, Josh has racked up some legal fees in the past few years that will need to be paid.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Also, JB & Meshell are off on trips left and right.  I doubt they are hurting.  JB probably has plenty of money in various shady schemes and investments.

It’s possible one of those shady schemes investment situations has turned into a liability. Say a tenet (credibly)sued them for big bucks, or they had some other business liability that is going to cost a lot of money, or secret medical bills, etc. We wouldn’t hear about it, but the bill would still be due. Those millions they want from the city will never come, and the show may be halfway through its run.  I don’t Jim Bob and Michelle will ever ever ever hurt for creature comforts, but it’s gonna be Lord of the Flies among the adult children. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I don’t Jim Bob and Michelle will ever ever ever hurt for creature comforts, but it’s gonna be Lord of the Flies among the adult children. 

I am so here for that. Especially since they all basically refuse to actually work a job that would provide steady income. Easier just to post to IG and starve I guess. 

I do feel bad for third generation Duggars though.

Josh/Anna are screwed, as are Jabbie, Kendra and Joe , Sia Lauren and Ben/Jessa

I think FeliciTYYYY, Babe and OfBabe will be fine. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I know you’re supposed to de-personalize your home for selling but that’s depressing. So barren. So devoid of anything homey. 

And the bare mattress!!!  Just like a Duggar!  Really, couldn't they have put a couple cute comforters on those bunks?

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, louannems said:

And the bare mattress!!!  Just like a Duggar!  Really, couldn't they have put a couple cute comforters on those bunks?

Historically, the Duggars have never used much bedding on their children's beds, maybe a fitted sheet.  Nor do they wear pyajamas from what is shown.   Kids wake up fully dressed in polo shirts and khakis.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I do feel bad for third generation Duggars though.

Josh/Anna are screwed, as are Jabbie, Kendra and Joe , Sia Lauren and Ben/Jessa

Abbie can work, if necessary (granted that might be difficult if she has a million babies, and I don't know if her nursing certification is something that needs renewing after a certain period off, but I don't see JD stopping her from working if it was necessary to help support the family and/or was something she really wanted to do), and JD has a work ethic and some skills. 

Austin and Joy should also be OK.

I agree with the others, though.

• Love 6

Selling a house for profit is going to bring in more cash than shilling shampoo and getting a couple bucks kicked back. 

Jessa and Jill better think of new get rich schemes. Jessa is going to be Michelle 2.0. A gaggle of kids crammed into a tiny home with a dreamer goofy husband.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Selling a house for profit is going to bring in more cash than shilling shampoo and getting a couple bucks kicked back. 

Jessa and Jill better think of new get rich schemes. Jessa is going to be Michelle 2.0. A gaggle of kids crammed into a tiny home with a dreamer goofy husband.

Jim Bob worked. 

Jill will be selling her plasma by 2025.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
On 3/20/2019 at 11:43 PM, latetotheparty said:

I know you’re supposed to de-personalize your home for selling but that’s depressing. So barren. So devoid of anything homey. 

According to a Radar comment, they’ve already moved.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jim Bob worked. 

Jill will be selling her plasma by 2025.

Hey, those plasma donations can be lucrative!  Selling my plasma and working a part-time job paid for my groceries and electricity while I was in nursing school. 🤑

• Love 8
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

According to a Radar comment, they’ve already moved.  

I wonder if they're back at the TTH guest house? I can't imagine Josh was able to pay cash for another property while the current house is still on the market. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Not the best picture for comparing, but this is Josh’s living room, and Abbie trying on wedding dresses. Furniture could be the same?

42EE9890-0D22-4F4E-84A9-155B5FE0E09D.jpeg

3017C8BF-19F8-435F-B598-868A6A50829C.jpeg

To my untrained eye nothing is the same to me

• Love 6
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Josh’s main income is selling used cars out of a toll booth sized office on wheels.

I don’t see $200,000 worth of fit-out in that house that bumps up $100,000 to $300,000. As per usual, the various “wooden” finishes are just the cheapest available thrown together.

These dolts should invest in modular house construction. Austyn’s shanty renovations should be illegal.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 3/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, BigBingerBro said:

Historically, the Duggars have never used much bedding on their children's beds, maybe a fitted sheet.  Nor do they wear pyajamas from what is shown.   Kids wake up fully dressed in polo shirts and khakis.

They do wear pajamas. Michelle and JB had a deal with TLC where the kids wouldn't be filmed in pajamas. 

• Love 7

Smuggar bought that house when they still lived in DC. It was a foreclosure that I suspect he originally wanted to flip. Of course, Joshgate then happened, and the house was hastily put together to make it habitable. I think the Smuggars had to live in the guest house for a time until renovations were completed. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

Yuck to that house. There aren’t even any windows in the front! 

I’m a BIG fan of comfy bedding and PJs. Even when my kids got their own places, I was ordering comforters and throws to be as comfy as possible. And the best nightclothes that you can get for your style (with boys, usually basketball shorts). It always bugged the crap out of me to see those little kids get out of bed at noon or later - fully dressed. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I’m a BIG fan of comfy bedding and PJs. Even when my kids got their own places, I was ordering comforters and throws to be as comfy as possible. And the best nightclothes that you can get for your style (with boys, usually basketball shorts). It always bugged the crap out of me to see those little kids get out of bed at noon or later - fully dressed. 

With my five nephews and sleepovers, I always had a ton of tee shirts and hoops shorts available...just in case.  Along with aero beds,  pillows, sheets  blankets.  All washable, of course.  Stuff does happen.

Life is fun!  And the boys know they are loved.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Really I don't want to imagine the funk of preteen and teenage boys when they sleep in their clothes without proper bedding.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5