Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 3/5/2019 at 4:48 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

So...energy giver. I suspect either Mama sees what Mama wants to see, or Josh is going over time faking it.

I'm voting for "Mama sees what Mama wants to see". I don't think she's ever taken off her rose-colored glasses when it comes to Josh.

As for "energy-giver", I've officially been away from Evangelical churches for so long that I don't recognize all of the evangicalese they're spouting these days. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

I'm voting for "Mama sees what Mama wants to see". I don't think she's ever taken off her rose-colored glasses when it comes to Josh.

As for "energy-giver", I've officially been away from Evangelical churches for so long that I don't recognize all of the evangicalese they're spouting these days. 

She can't take them off. She is married to him and there is no ending that in her world. If she let herself think what a loser she married I think her head would explode. 

My aunt and uncle were married in the the Catholic church back in the early 50s in the Dominican Republic. After three kids and a husband with a massive drinking problem, my aunt (along with one of the daughters) moved to NYC and he stayed behind. I think they lived separately for at least 20 years but they never divorced. You just didn't do that. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

My aunt and uncle were married in the the Catholic church back in the early 50s in the Dominican Republic. After three kids and a husband with a massive drinking problem, my aunt (along with one of the daughters) moved to NYC and he stayed behind. I think they lived separately for at least 20 years but they never divorced. You just didn't do that. 

Lmfaooo, that reminds me of The Crown where everybody cheats and has mistresses or side boyfriends, but God forbid you divorce or your social reputation is ruined.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8407C440-679C-425F-935B-A8594B945E7D.jpeg

Did you notice the FU to trolls in the background?

A sign is propped up smack in the middle of the kitchen counter that reads, "Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles & happy kids".  If you edit the sign to say 'happily ignorant kids' the Duggars are crushing it.

• LOL 16
4 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Did you notice the FU to trolls in the background?

A sign is propped up smack in the middle of the kitchen counter that reads, "Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles & happy kids".  If you edit the sign to say 'happily ignorant kids' the Duggars are crushing it.

An FU sign for sure!

Meanwhile, the JoshAnna son (Marcus?) has a bicycle inside the house. I have every reason to believe he and the others ride bikes inside.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Meredith’s dress here is hideous. I bet it’s from some “Christian” MLM company, kind of like LuLaRoe for toddlers.

Unfortunately that dress is in style at the moment with the pattern mixing, colors and ruffles.  I love my niece, but she cannot pull these outfits off either.  I've seen them at our local department store and I think that a lot of moms get them online.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's Friday and this topic was bumped up. I immediately thought Anna had announced a pregnancy.

Man, Casa Smuggar is much better looking than the dull Dillards' home.

If she keeps to her schedule, I'm expecting (haha) an announcement within the next few months. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's Friday and this topic was bumped up. I immediately thought Anna had announced a pregnancy.

Actually, I thought she looked like she'd slimmed down to a good weight at last without eating her feelings, but maybe that's all camera trickery.  Her midsection looks smaller to me than the last round of "is that or is that not Anna in the group picture"; and her face is thinner.  Love Meredith's winsome look, lol.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I think that’s the Duggar house. Her last Instagram post is so...odd. She goes to the Duggar house to feed the animals with dog, cat, chicken, bunny, and goat? Emojis - do they really have so many animals?  Then she proceeds to bake her great grandma’s pie in the Duggar’s house. Why couldn’t she do that at home especially if there was no one in the big house?  These people are just bizarre. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think Anna is house sitting while the Duggars are in DC but she seems to be there a lot. I guess she hates being at home alone waiting for Smugs to get home.

If everyone else is gone who’s his accountability partner?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/14/2019 at 3:01 AM, mynextmistake said:

Meredith’s dress here is hideous. I bet it’s from some “Christian” MLM company, kind of like LuLaRoe for toddlers.

Can you imagine how filthy the bottoms of Meredith's & Spurge's bare feet are? Anna needs to give them a bucket of soapy water to go with those mops.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:18 PM, OpieTaylor said:

An FU sign for sure!

Meanwhile, the JoshAnna son (Marcus?) has a bicycle inside the house. I have every reason to believe he and the others ride bikes inside.

I'm with you. I remember one of the Lost Girls riding a full size kids bike around the dining room table on one of the old 19K&C episodes. Some of the kids were either eating or doing schoolwork while the ride was going on. I remember commenting that the bike rider must have been at recess. 

Remember those go carts they built?  I thought sure we would see them being ridden inside in a future episode. 

• Love 4
On 3/13/2019 at 4:37 PM, Lunera said:

Anna is advertising KiwiCo. Their page says they want to inspire the next generation of scientists and artists. 

Screenshot_20190313-132025_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.a7de86e75a0c4c577e279f26bf1280d5.jpg

Screenshot_20190313-133629_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.9e4ba5fc0c2d754ce14dc970b165a233.jpg

I feel like these photos should be prefaced with an announcement that the "role of Anna is now being played by [someone who looks almost like her and is also called Anna]."

Like a York/Sargent thing. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Shut it, Anna. Not everything always has to be all Jesus all the damn time. Sanctimonious twit, with her "lucky blessed."

Edited by jcbrown
It's my post-y and I'll edit if I want to :-)
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Eh, does she realise that it is SAINT Patrick's day today? Saint? Evil Catholics and all that? It's actually a holy day of obligation and you should go to Mass before you head off to celebrate.

I'm a Catholic (of Irish descent) and St. Patrick's day isn't a holy day of obligation. Every day of the calendar has the feast of some saint or other and they not all holy days of obligation.  Holy Days of Obligation are fewer and have to do with Jesus or his mother Mary. No saints besides Mary have days of obligation. 

Yes it's true the Bates used to not celebrate Valentine's Day, because of the Catholic associations. Plenty of non-irish pagans use today as an excuse to get drunk, so it bothers me less that Duggars are observing it. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I'm a Catholic (of Irish descent) and St. Patrick's day isn't a holy day of obligation. Every day of the calendar has the feast of some saint or other and they not all holy days of obligation.  Holy Days of Obligation are fewer and have to do with Jesus or his mother Mary. No saints besides Mary have days of obligation. 

Yes it's true the Bates used to not celebrate Valentine's Day, because of the Catholic associations. Plenty of non-irish pagans use today as an excuse to get drunk, so it bothers me less that Duggars are observing it. 

Youre wrong, im afraid. It very much is a holy day of obligation. I lived in ireland and im Catholic;-)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Youre wrong, im afraid. It very much is a holy day of obligation. I lived in ireland and im Catholic;-)

Maybe in Ireland. Not internationally. You're wrong. 

Adding I checked and researched. It is a holy day of obligation in Ireland, but not the United States and elsewhere in the world. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Ikr? You just want to take a good slug at him. 

I couldn’t get past it to see what Anna was posting about.  I seriously never want to see Josh, Jim Bob, or Michelle ever ever ever again. 

• Love 20

Those matching dresses (second picture) are... interesting. I'm assuming there must be a panel under the bodice, but at a quick glance they don't really look up to Duggar modesty standards.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
removed problematic phrasing...
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Those matching dresses (second picture) are... interesting. I'm assuming there must be a flesh-colored panel under the bodice, but at a quick glance they don't really look up to Duggar modesty standards.

It wouldn't be "flesh" colored for my husband or kids. (Me? Yes.) 😁

Screenshot_20190317-221544.jpg

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

It wouldn't be "flesh" colored for my husband or kids. (Me? Yes.)

Sorry, I meant that to come across as "flesh color of the wearers" (i.e. Duggar flesh color), not a generic statement.

(In my original post I wrote "nude" at first... not sure if that would have been any less problematic phrasing, but I changed it after realizing no one wants to picture a Duggar nude...)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I couldn’t get past it to see what Anna was posting about.  I seriously never want to see Josh, Jim Bob, or Michelle ever ever ever again. 

Well, I guess you and I will not be sharing the same TV viewing couch. I love the Duggars - ALL of the Duggars - including the "imperfect" and non-PC ones. And I would love to see the whole extended family in these episodes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, for many of us, it's the difference between 'imperfect' and 'non-PC' and being a criminal.  Josh is a child molester and his parents actively intervened in his situation to avoid him being punished for committing felonies, which means they are criminals, too..  In my book, 'felon' is not synonymous with 'imperfect'.

Liking this a million billion trillion times.  Possibly to infinity and beyond.

• Love 24

Smuggar looks awful in those pictures. Puffy in the face like he has been drinking-- a lot. I didn't notice right away because I refused to look at his ugly face but someone mentioned it elsewhere so I took a good look. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Hey, it's fine if Jesus forgives him and the rest of his family is ok with it.  That doesn't mean any of them deserve to continue making money on TV.  Maybe God forgave OJ Simpson, too, but, just because he got away with murder, doesn't mean I want to see him on my TV.  Same thing with Michael Jackson and his music right now.  I don't think people who have behaved criminally, especially if they've gone unpunished for it (and I mean in the legal system); need to be getting paid for being on TV, movies, music or other popular entertainment.

For that matter, Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman both need to take some time away from the media.  Remember the old days when people who committed crimes showed remorse?  When they didn't put themselves out in public and expect everyone to love them and forget what they did?  When they didn't complain that they were being 'bullied' because people were disgusted by their behavior?

I did not think I could love you anymore. Then, this post... 

• Love 20
On 3/18/2019 at 2:14 PM, doodlebug said:

Well, for many of us, it's the difference between 'imperfect' and 'non-PC' and being a criminal.  Josh is a child molester and his parents actively intervened in his situation to avoid him being punished for committing felonies, which means they are criminals, too..  In my book, 'felon' is not synonymous with 'imperfect'.

Exactly!

Heck, even Derick falls under the "non-PC" category. He's loathsome, but he didn't commit any crimes. BIG difference. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Apparently, Smuggar's house is for sale. They're asking $300k (it's on 2 acres and is gated). That is a huge return on his original investment of $55k.

I wonder where they are living now.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder where they are living now.

Rumor has it that they have indeed moved, but if that's not the case, I didn't post the Zillow listing. The exterior looks like a TTH, Jr.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

The listing makes Smug's house sound really nice. Then I remembered, most of the reno work was done by Duggar 'experts' who learned their craft by watching someone else for 20 minutes.

I hope any potential buyer gets a thorough inspection report before laying down their hard earned money. In fact, color me shocked any Duggar related property EVER sells after the crappy workmanship they've showed on TV.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, lulu69 said:

The listing makes Smug's house sound really nice. Then I remembered, most of the reno work was done by Duggar 'experts' who learned their craft by watching someone else for 20 minutes.

I hope any potential buyer gets a thorough inspection report before laying down their hard earned money. In fact, color me shocked any Duggar related property EVER sells after the crappy workmanship they've showed on TV.

The zip line will certainly be a selling point 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 3