Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Why does Susanna always have a head tilt to the left?  And she works in an office?  That must’ve been a new experience for Priscilla to visit a woman in the workplace outside the home. 

The grammar in the captions is atrocious as usual. 

I really can’t imagine how awkward it must be at times with Josh at the family gatherings, and widely differing beliefs and lifestyles amongst the siblings and parents. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, GleamingMist said:

What is up with Anna's face lately?  It looks so off.  Puffy?  Different makeup?  Maybe it's just me?

Pregnant? 

10 hours ago, awaken said:

Why does Susanna always have a head tilt to the left?  And she works in an office?  That must’ve been a new experience for Priscilla to visit a woman in the workplace outside the home. 

The grammar in the captions is atrocious as usual. 

I really can’t imagine how awkward it must be at times with Josh at the family gatherings, and widely differing beliefs and lifestyles amongst the siblings and parents. 

I don’t understand how anyone can sit in the same room as Josh tbh 

• Love 18

Since the bad things that Josh has done are so well known, why isn’t the state, child protective services or anyone holding him accountable and monitoring him at all? In most states he would get tagged with a sexual offender label. BoobBob must have spent a pretty amount of money to help this go away and stay in the family....literally.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Since the bad things that Josh has done are so well known, why isn’t the state, child protective services or anyone holding him accountable and monitoring him at all? In most states he would get tagged with a sexual offender label. BoobBob must have spent a pretty amount of money to help this go away and stay in the family....literally.  

He was never charged or convicted of a crime, so I'm not sure there's legal grounds for it.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

He was never charged or convicted of a crime, so I'm not sure there's legal grounds for it.

True but I’m sure that’s because his father protected him. After all it was the girls fault. Josh going on that Ashley Madison site was just a boy being a boy. It’s never a man’s fault for anything in that clan. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I fear for his daughters.  Any male who will do that to his sisters, wouldn't be averse to doing it to his own children. 

So do I. I cannot for the life of me understand how Anna goes along with this. Protect your daughters! 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

So do I. I cannot for the life of me understand how Anna goes along with this. Protect your daughters! 

I cannot understand how Anna feels comfortable with him touching her, knowing where his hands (and with the Ashley Madison connection any other...ahem parts) have been. Skeevy. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I cannot understand how Anna feels comfortable with him touching her, knowing where his hands (and with the Ashley Madison connection any other...ahem parts) have been. Skeevy. 

Sadly there are women outside of the fundy Christian patriarchy that want the man so badly they don’t care about his past abuse of minor children, or worse allow him access to their children because they want to keep him.

I don’t pretend to understand it but I’m not surprised. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Sadly there are women outside of the fundy Christian patriarchy that want the man so badly they don’t care about his past abuse of minor children, or worse allow him access to their children because they want to keep him.

I don’t pretend to understand it but I’m not surprised. 

Le sigh, but I refuse to feel sorry for her. This is her choice. It might be the only one that anyone else is willing to support but it’s not as though she is educated and can go out into the real world and handle a life without him. Shame on his parents for not doing anything about his transgressions or for helping to keep Anna until he reforms. Well, if that’s possible. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She is well and truly brainwashed her parents and Joshs parents should be ashamed of them self’s. 

• Love 11
On 12/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Le sigh, but I refuse to feel sorry for her. This is her choice. It might be the only one that anyone else is willing to support but it’s not as though she is educated and can go out into the real world and handle a life without him. Shame on his parents for not doing anything about his transgressions or for helping to keep Anna until he reforms. Well, if that’s possible. 

I understand she has religious and financial concerns, but her idiocy and apparent refusal to face reality is putting her children at risk.  The fact that she brought another child into this situation borders on child abuse.  She seems to care more about posting "happy family" pictures on social media than the well being of her children.

• Love 19
On 20/12/2018 at 9:45 AM, Mindthinkr said:

The Department of Human Services did intervene, Josh appealed some sort of ruling or decision they made back 2007. My pet theory is that DHS ruled that Josh could not live in the same house as his victims. Grandma bought the moldy house from Michelle’s dad (I think) around then.

I don’t believe the blind item. Who would be leaking this? And why didn’t they cc the cops?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

The Department of Human Services did intervene, Josh appealed some sort of ruling or decision they made back 2007. My pet theory is that DHS ruled that Josh could not live in the same house as his victims. Grandma bought the moldy house from Michelle’s dad (I think) around then.

I don’t believe the blind item. Who would be leaking this? And why didn’t they cc the cops?

Do we know that the authorities weren’t notified?  Remember how long it took last time for the story to be confirmed. And, if the victims were children being indoctrinated into the cult, I am sure they and their families refused to cooperate so that charges could be filed.  Without credible witnesses willing to testify, it goes nowhere and the records are sealed.

As for Josh’ original crimes, remember that part of their beliefs is that there should be a church confession.  That’s how the original story came out, via Alice who we all discounted for years until she was proven right.  While I’d like to believe that no one in the police department or children’s services would ever violate confidentiality, we know that it happens, particularly if the crime is heinous and cannot be prosecuted.

I don’t know that this particular story is true, but I do know that the vast majority of child molesters don’t stop of their own accord.  I also know that Josh never received appropriate punishment, let alone evaluation and counseling; that his parents put more blame on his victims than on him.  If ever there was a criminal unlikely to stop, it is Josh.

• Love 18

I agree with @doodlebug's statement that the vast majority of child molesters don’t stop of their own accord. The vast majority of child molesters are pedophiles. I don't believe Josh falls in that category. 

Josh was a child when he touched his sisters and was an adult when he joined Ashley Madison. I think Anna is likely more at risk of being sexually assaulted by Josh than his children are. But truly I don't believe either are at risk because I think two factors that contributed to Josh's indiscretions were opportunity and ego. Josh is no more the Fundy wonder first born son in anyone's eyes and he's no longer a Fundy political hotshot. 

Josh is just an overweight semi employed Fundy man who will forever and deservedly be labelled scum. 

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree with @doodlebug's statement that the vast majority of child molesters don’t stop of their own accord. The vast majority of child molesters are pedophiles. I don't believe Josh falls in that category. 

Josh was a child when he touched his sisters and was an adult when he joined Ashley Madison. I think Anna is likely more at risk of being sexually assaulted by Josh than his children are. But truly I don't believe either are at risk because I think two factors that contributed to Josh's indiscretions were opportunity and ego. Josh is no more the Fundy wonder first born son in anyone's eyes and he's no longer a Fundy political hotshot. 

Josh is just an overweight semi employed Fundy man who will forever and deservedly be labelled scum. 

I agree with you that opportunity and ego were what contributed to Josh’s crimes/incidents- but I don’t think those have gone away. Anna and the children are still RIGHT THERE with him in the house every day. Women are raped by their husbands and boyfriends in domestic violence situations, a friend of mine was finally willing to admit her husband was abusive, not when he strangled or slapped her but when he raped her two weeks after she had her only child. Josh is still a fundy husband and a man- which makes him the king of his household and able to do whatever he wants.

I agree with @doodlebug- something is wrong with Josh and he isn’t likely to stop on his own.  I do think he’s more likely to hurt Anna than his own children, but I don’t forget what he did to Joy- Anna when she was 5. I don’t think most people that abuse minor children are pedophiles; I think they are evil people who want to abuse others and kids are easy targets. Same reason people with mental disabilities are more likely to be sexually assualted. 

• Love 13

But will Anna even recognize or acknowledge that she's been hurt? Or will she hide behind her religion?

ETA: Let me clarify. I'm talking about if/when Josh sexually assaults Anna. She may view Josh cheating on her as more hurtful than Josh sexually assaulting her.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

But will Anna even recognize or acknowledge that she's been hurt? Or will she hide behind her religion?

ETA: Let me clarify. I'm talking about if/when Josh sexually assaults Anna. She may view Josh cheating on her as more hurtful than Josh sexually assaulting her.

I could see that. As his wife Anna likely believes her body belongs to him to do with as he pleases. 

• Love 5

tumblr_pkgsb0LHyY1qet7nn_1280.jpg

From Anna's IG; they were at Silver Dollar City. Not sure if there are any dresses underneath, but Mack and Meredith are most definitely wearing jeans.

Also, on a side note, I feel like Anna is the only one who calls her husband "Joshua."

• Love 8

Anna noted in the comments that she allows her girls to wear jeans in the winter (replacing leggings) under their skirts. She went on to say that Mack had a skirt on under the long coat.

Edited by Sew Sumi
Not sure how I got a strikethrough
  • Love 7

Jeans under a skirt looks dumb. Just let them wear jeans! A skirt over them doesn't really add extra warmth, and just looks silly. 

Or if they are going to insist on skirts with something underneath all year long, get warmer leggings for the colder months. I have some fleece lined ones I wear under dresses/skirts in the winter. 

Edited by christine falls
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Anna's new IG profile photo.

Aaaaaaaaaaand, she's back to spending an hour getting those Gothard Approved Banana Curls just right.  And righteously positioned over her breast, just so.

She does look nice.

• Love 9

Is it time to lure Josh back into the bedroom with a sandwich?

"Here Joshua!  Look!  A sandwich!  Made just for you!  Here boy!  Come and get it!  Good boy!  Now, there's just one little thing you have to do first...

Get up on the bed.  Come on.  Good boy!  Now just close your eyes and think of pastrami.  That's it!  Think of cheese!  Oohh, yes, that's the ticket!  Mustard!  Oh yes, mustard is the best!  Pickles, Joshua, pickles!  We're almost there!  Onion!  Yesss, onion on Rye!  We did it!!!!! 

Joshua, I think you deserve a treat.  After your sandwich, how about we get you some ice cream?"

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 19
44 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's time for Anna the get knocked up again. Anytime between now and ow and March puts her on the schedule she's had for the last four. 

I wonder if she is already. She's put on a ton of weight.

• Love 4
On 1/2/2019 at 11:04 AM, Zahdii said:

Is it time to lure Josh back into the bedroom with a sandwich?

"Here Joshua!  Look!  A sandwich!  Made just for you!  Here boy!  Come and get it!  Good boy!  Now, there's just one little thing you have to do first...

Get up on the bed.  Come on.  Good boy!  Now just close your eyes and think of pastrami.  That's it!  Think of cheese!  Oohh, yes, that's the ticket!  Mustard!  Oh yes, mustard is the best!  Pickles, Joshua, pickles!  We're almost there!  Onion!  Yesss, onion on Rye!  We did it!!!!! 

Joshua, I think you deserve a treat.  After your sandwich, how about we get you some ice cream?"

Ok, you killed me with that!!  Hilarious!!

• Love 7
On 1/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, BitterApple said:

I wonder if she is already. She's put on a ton of weight.

People on this board have been claiming Anna is pregnant, based on alleged weight gain, for months now! 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

People on this board have been claiming Anna is pregnant, based on alleged weight gain, for months now! 

Yes to this, and Anna admitted months ago that she had gained weight. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

I was 100% sure she was pregnant when I saw her in the congratulations video at JDs wedding. She looked huge and her face was very swollen comapared to a few months before at Josiah's wedding. It's been a few months an obviously she hasn't birthed a baby but the weight gain is very strange. She has never regained weight after losing her baby weight.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was 100% sure she was pregnant when I saw her in the congratulations video at JDs wedding. She looked huge and her face was very swollen comapared to a few months before at Josiah's wedding. It's been a few months an obviously she hasn't birthed a baby but the weight gain is very strange. She has never regained weight after losing her baby weight.

I know a few people who have lost and gained weight  like that especially after turning thirty. 

• Love 5
On 1/2/2019 at 9:59 AM, louannems said:

Aaaaaaaaaaand, she's back to spending an hour getting those Gothard Approved Banana Curls just right.  And righteously positioned over her breast, just so.

Aaaaaaaand, most likely has a wicked case of "Baby Fever".

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I know a few people who have lost and gained weight  like that especially after turning thirty. 

I definitely did...it took a long time to lose the baby weight the first time around, but I had gained something like 60 lb...Bounced right back after the second one was born, and pretty quickly with the third, but I was 31 by the time he was born, and  by the time he was around 3 or 4, I had gained about 30 more pounds that never did go away. I did lose some of them for a little while a few years later, but they all came back and brought lots of friends with them. In the 20 years since, I've never been less than 40 lb overweight, and sometimes up to 60.

• Love 7

Additionally, neither Ma nor Pa Keller is all that svelte, especially Pa. I would not be surprised if there is a genetic component to Anna's weight gain. 

That said, if Ofsmuggar continues her childbirthing pattern, she'll deliver #6 this fall or early winter. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Anna's depressed and eating her feelings. She's 30 with five kids and married to a child molester. While it seems like the grands are welcomed at the TTH, I'm not so sure about her. I don't think the family is rude to her or anything, but I can't see the married sisters calling her to hang out and Jana has Lauren now. I also can't imagine many young moms wanting their children in Josh's presence, so who is there for her to be friends with? It must get very lonely. 

It's interesting because the Duggar system was built on isolating rather than fostering healthy relationships and boundaries. Most of them seem to be in competition with one another in some shape or form and Anna herself has been a participant.

I often wonder if any of them actually do have dear friends (and not "dear friends" for the camera) or if the concept of friendship is totally lost on them.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I too thought Anna was pregnant because she appeared to be swollen and not just bigger. I was wrong (obviously)- she has just gained weight (which happens). 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Anna's depressed and eating her feelings. She's 30 with five kids and married to a child molester. While it seems like the grands are welcomed at the TTH, I'm not so sure about her. I don't think the family is rude to her or anything, but I can't see the married sisters calling her to hang out and Jana has Lauren now. I also can't imagine many young moms wanting their children in Josh's presence, so who is there for her to be friends with? It must get very lonely. 

This is true. I don’t doubt that Anna loves her kids but they are far too young to be any sort of companion/ or friend to her. I also doubt Josh is any sort of company on an emotional level. It’s not like she has a career that allows her to have intellectual stimulation or interact with other adults. I can believe that she’s lonely. 

• Love 12