Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 10/6/2018 at 9:03 PM, bigskygirl said:

And the worse part is the children will suffer because of it. My father finally admitted one day he did not want to be tied down to a family and left. It still hurts because my dad and I were close when I was growing up,  but in some ways, I understand why he did it. Sadly my parents are the perfect example of people who should not get married and have children. I do not understand why people think marrying off one of their children who has serious problems are better off getting married and having children. My grandparents thought it was the best thing for my dad to get married and start a family so he would stop drinking. It backfired big time, and three innocent children paid the price for it. And yes, my mother was not that great of a parent either because she was dealing with her own issues from a terrible childhood. Makes me want to hunt down JB and Michelle and Anna's parents and say what the hell were you thinking along with some major bitch slapping along side their heads.

AND beat them with your shoe !

• Love 5

Long sleeved dress shirt, a tie, and board shorts...I'm betting Marcus picked out his own clothing for this outing. I think Anna is doing the best she can in her circumstances. Unfortunately, the bar is really, really low. Her kids don't have the look of fear that Israel has, they are clean and nicely dressed unlike their similar aged aunties, and Anna appears to enjoy being around them, unlike Michelle and Jill.

I still think her life sucks and she's cheating her children out of a normal education that would lead to a normal life, though.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Long sleeved dress shirt, a tie, and board shorts...I'm betting Marcus picked out his own clothing for this outing. I think Anna is doing the best she can in her circumstances. Unfortunately, the bar is really, really low. Her kids don't have the look of fear that Israel has, they are clean and nicely dressed unlike their similar aged aunties, and Anna appears to enjoy being around them, unlike Michelle and Jill.

I still think her life sucks and she's cheating her children out of a normal education that would lead to a normal life, though.

They are all nice looking kids, and I'm betting Anna's a much better mother than Michelle ever was, and Jill could hope to be.

So sad about their pig of a dad, and the limitations that she's undoubtedly raising them with.  They won't know what normal is.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, Absolom said:

No, Mackynzie was not a honeymoon baby.  Anna lamented that it took them so long (four months or so) to conceive.

I think they married in September and she was born 13ish months later in October.

I remember that because it was crazy how Anna talked about it like it took her months or years to conceive instead of just four. Four months really isn't bad at all. It did always make me wonder what if anything they know about how it works the way she talked about how many pregnancy tests she took. Maybe it was only once a week which over four months would be a lot. But I could never be sure if it was that or if it was more often then that like every other day or after every time she had sex.   

• Love 5
On 10/10/2018 at 11:47 PM, Temperance said:

She is still doing well by fundie standards. They have enough money (thanks to JB) that they always have food and a roof over their heads and clothes and all of their basic needs met. I imagine that a lot of fundies really struggle with money. (Their was a great blog post I read by a fundie housewife, who used to worry since her husband makes "a little less than minium wage". Then she remembered she's a woman and she shouldn't nag him about money.)   Anna probably knows a lot of people, who aren't as well off as they are (with the Duggar money). I also think she likes living in America, compared to being a missionary (like Jill was or her sister in Africa.)

This. I'm sure Anna misses when she was the only mom of Duggar grandkids, the only in-law, and was the wife of DC-fundie "hot shot" (in their minds) with her own household in DC. I'm sure she misses some of the adulation from being on TV pre-scandal as well.

However, I think Anna remembers quite well what it was like to grow up with several siblings crammed into a small house trailer and not having extra money for anything.  Anna grew up pretty poor and with a lot of siblings.  In terms of economics and lifestyle (jetting off on Duggar Aviation for trips, a nicer home than what she grew up in, small outings to restaurants/fairs/etc, clothes that aren't prairie dress hand-me-downs, etc), she's still living way better than how she grew up (at least when it comes to money).  I'm pretty sure Anna remembers being a poor fundie as a kid and even though her situation isn't what it was pre-scandal, she knows pretty darn well that in terms of standard of living, housing, food, extras, etc, she has it much better than a lot of young fundie couples with no educations and lots of kids. She probably knows she's in a crap situation, but is thankful that at least she isn't living out that same crap situation out in a cramped single wide trailer where the electric has been turned off for non-payment & and she's feeding her large family a diet of only beans and rice every meal. I'm sure Anna knew or knows some fundie women who are in crap marital situations and are living them out in crap material living situations as well.  Anna at least knows she and her kids have food, a nice home, cars, and nice clothes AND they get perks many working families don't often get. They to eat out and take little trips/vacations on her in-laws' planes. 

On 10/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, BitterApple said:

The Mkids sure are cuties. KYnzie is a beautiful girl and I love that she and Jordyn are so close. 

FTFY- Mackynzie, I assume, is shortened to Kynzie. It is an easy mistake to make since generally Mackenzie/Makenzie is shortened to Kenzie, but remember the Duggars had to be extra and put in that Y. 

I am glad they're close, too. I'm glad since Jordyn seems to be perpetually forgotten by much of the family. Also, they each have a friend who will understand the struggle put upon them by their parents of having to correct nearly everyone when spelling their names for the rest of their lives since both names have unusual Ys in them (especially MackYnzie, which is definitely more "extra" than JordYn).  

• Love 9
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I remember that because it was crazy how Anna talked about it like it took her months or years to conceive instead of just four. Four months really isn't bad at all. It did always make me wonder what if anything they know about how it works the way she talked about how many pregnancy tests she took. Maybe it was only once a week which over four months would be a lot. But I could never be sure if it was that or if it was more often then that like every other day or after every time she had sex.   

I think it was a sign of their lack of education about the human body. She claimed she was taking the tests even on their honeymoon. I remember her saying that in some interview or something. It put the image of her popping out of bed and running to the bathroom, stick in hand, as soon as Josh was finished. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This. I'm sure Anna misses when she was the only mom of Duggar grandkids, the only in-law, and was the wife of DC-fundie "hot shot" (in their minds) with her own household in DC. I'm sure she misses some of the adulation from being on TV pre-scandal as well.

However, I think Anna remembers quite well what it was like to grow up with several siblings crammed into a small house trailer and not having extra money for anything.  Anna grew up pretty poor and with a lot of siblings.  In terms of economics and lifestyle (jetting off on Duggar Aviation for trips, a nicer home than what she grew up in, small outings to restaurants/fairs/etc, clothes that aren't prairie dress hand-me-downs, etc), she's still living way better than how she grew up (at least when it comes to money).  I'm pretty sure Anna remembers being a poor fundie as a kid and even though her situation isn't what it was pre-scandal, she knows pretty darn well that in terms of standard of living, housing, food, extras, etc, she has it much better than a lot of young fundie couples with no educations and lots of kids. She probably knows she's in a crap situation, but is thankful that at least she isn't living out that same crap situation out in a cramped single wide trailer where the electric has been turned off for non-payment & and she's feeding her large family a diet of only beans and rice every meal. I'm sure Anna knew or knows some fundie women who are in crap marital situations and are living them out in crap material living situations as well.  Anna at least knows she and her kids have food, a nice home, cars, and nice clothes AND they get perks many working families don't often get. They to eat out and take little trips/vacations on her in-laws' planes. 

FTFY- Mackynzie, I assume, is shortened to Kynzie. It is an easy mistake to make since generally Mackenzie/Makenzie is shortened to Kenzie, but remember the Duggars had to be extra and put in that Y. 

I am glad they're close, too. I'm glad since Jordyn seems to be perpetually forgotten by much of the family. Also, they each have a friend who will understand the struggle put upon them by their parents of having to correct nearly everyone when spelling their names for the rest of their lives since both names have unusual Ys in them (especially MackYnzie, which is definitely more "extra" than JordYn).  

Are the Y names extra-special in fundie-land?  They do seem to be in the polygamist Brown family of Sister Wives.

Jordyn is the one I'm hoping to break free of the upbringing she's been cursed with.  I remember the video of her birthday, shrinking away from her MOTY.  I also hope Anna's kids have at least one that will get to live the life she/he wants.  How hard it must be to break away from all that.

2 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I think it was a sign of their lack of education about the human body. She claimed she was taking the tests even on their honeymoon. I remember her saying that in some interview or something. It put the image of her popping out of bed and running to the bathroom, stick in hand, as soon as Josh was finished. 

Damn.  I wanted to be married more than anything when I was 18, and so we did!  I absolutely did not want a baby right away.  Mr. Xword and I had our only child after we had been married over 10 years.  How sad to think being married to them means having a baby ASAP after saying "I do."  And then, a baby every year or so afterward, no matter what the financial/marital situation turns out to be.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think I read somewhere there was some reasoning behind the Ys in the names. Jordyn was to make her name more girly, and the name is still relatively popular for girls. (Jordyn spelled like this was 162 in 2017 on the US popularity charts for girls.) MacKynzie (this spelling) is allegedly a  nod to their accents. They pronounce Ben "Byn" and Kendra "Kyndra" so what not use a Y instead of an E? (I'm not southern, but would pronounce Kynzie if that's what she wants.) Anyway substituting a Y for an i or e is a fairly common spelling change. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Anna and her kids may have all of this, but it comes at a heavy price. Having nice things does not mean her life is wonderful as she tries to pretend it is. I would not be surprise if there are people who live in trailer homes with less things than the Duggars have, but they would not give up the love and support they have in order to be a Duggar and be in Duggar Land. My life is far from perfect, but it better than Anna's life especially when it comes to my husband and in-laws. And yes, my in-laws can be a major pain in the behind, but they are much better than Ma and Pa Stupid.

16 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I wonder how Pro Life Josh would have been if his mistress had gotten pregnant.

Given the antics of the GOP, he probably would have put some mifrprostol (sp?) In her drink like that one guy did to cause an abortion.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

Or JB does the John Edwards? route and has someone pretending he is the father instead and pays off the woman to stay out of the spotlight.

4 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

That is a good question.  One of my ex-friends has a son who is a fundy.  All of his 3 daughters got pregnant before they were married.  I asked her why, if they were so religious.  She said because nice religious girls aren't supposed to think about sex, let alone do it.  they are unprepared.   She also told me that while that ilk is totally against abortion, some of them have been know to get one for their daughters.  Now, this is only one person, who told this to me, but, I'll bet there are some who do that.

• Love 13

My pastor told me that putting my teenage daughters on birth control would encourage them to have sex. I did it anyway and although neither were married when they got pregnant the first time, at least they were in their early 20s, not early teens.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

That is a good question.  One of my ex-friends has a son who is a fundy.  All of his 3 daughters got pregnant before they were married.  I asked her why, if they were so religious.  She said because nice religious girls aren't supposed to think about sex, let alone do it.  they are unprepared.   She also told me that while that ilk is totally against abortion, some of them have been know to get one for their daughters.  Now, this is only one person, who told this to me, but, I'll bet there are some who do that.

Agreed. I went to fundamentalist schools all the way through, and there were high rates of pregnancy.  No abortions whispered about, but most of the couples had to admit their wrongdoing in front of the church, drop out of high school, and get married. 

We had no education on birth control, on the opposite sex’s anatomy, or relationships- just “don’t do it”. Clearly, that wasn’t effective!  

I gleaned all I could from teen and sassy magazines I snuck!  

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Nysha said:

My pastor told me that putting my teenage daughters on birth control would encourage them to have sex. I did it anyway and although neither were married when they got pregnant the first time, at least they were in their early 20s, not early teens.

That doesn't surprise me at all. While not Fundie I know far too many parents who believed that by not talking about sex with their teen then their teen won't have sex and the same reason people were in a uproar when our district decided to add sex education to the curriculum even thought it was only add to combat teen pregnancy that was pretty high at the time. Not talking about sex didn't doing anything. At least with talking and education teens are aware of different birth control methods, STDs and other stuff. I'm glad you ignored your pastor and did it anyways.    

• Love 11

Years and years ago a young woman was on, I think it was Oprah, touting the virtues of purity while opposing her high school's fight to have condoms in the nurse's office. She went on and on about how she signed a promise to remain chaste and proudly showed her purity ring. The high school was trying to give students a discreet and readily available way to avoid pregnancy and STDs. The school just wanted to have them available, no questions asked and weren't going to pass them out in classrooms or promote them.

I wanted to crawl into the TV and explain that while this purity pledge the young lady signed may be enough for her (or not), other teenagers were still having unprotected sex. It was almost as if this student had an unconscious script of, "If I can't do it, I'm not going to help make it safe for others to do it." Otherwise why wouldn't she want to allow ways for her 'impure' classmates to practice safe sex? 

I could definitely see Anna, Josh and the rest of the Duggars behaving the same way if they attended school. Screw all the facts that prove teenage sex happens. A purity pledge is all that is needed to curb premarital sex.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Years and years ago a young woman was on, I think it was Oprah, touting the virtues of purity while opposing her high school's fight to have condoms in the nurse's office. She went on and on about how she signed a promise to remain chaste and proudly showed her purity ring. The high school was trying to give students a discreet and readily available way to avoid pregnancy and STDs. The school just wanted to have them available, no questions asked and weren't going to pass them out in classrooms or promote them.

I wanted to crawl into the TV and explain that while this purity pledge the young lady signed may be enough for her (or not), other teenagers were still having unprotected sex. It was almost as if this student had an unconscious script of, "If I can't do it, I'm not going to help make it safe for others to do it." Otherwise why wouldn't she want to allow ways for her 'impure' classmates to practice safe sex? 

I could definitely see Anna, Josh and the rest of the Duggars behaving the same way if they attended school. Screw all the facts that prove teenage sex happens. A purity pledge is all that is needed to curb premarital sex.

So do I. I agree about crawling into the TV and wanting to explain that to that young lady. Teens have sex, not all of them but they do have sex. I have no problem with teens or anyone who chooses to wait until marriage as long as its their choice. I prefer them to decide for themselves what they want. Not what their parents or boyfriend or girlfriend wants.  But she still should and all teens really need to know different types of birth controls, where to get access to it and information STDs. I do think its great the high school was trying to pass out condoms. My school tries that, they went into great detail about STDs and birth control, they brought back women who were teen moms at our school to basically tell us how hard it was to be a mom that young. In most cases the teen dads bailed, they were long gone before the baby was born, one ditched after the baby was born. Well, their now on their own to raise their baby, while trying to hold down a job, most were still at home trying to go to college while having a screaming baby and work. One girl was kicked out and on her own, another had to leave because her parents couldn't afford to take care of another baby. A couple teen dads did stay one they had joint custody every two weeks, and one did get married but she agreed it was really hard to have a baby while trying to go school and work a job. They were doing everything they could to educate teens to the realities of sex. Because teens were having sex, teens were getting pregnant, or some ended up with STD.

• Love 13

It’s already being reported in a mainstream media article and it may pick up more as the week goes on by the tabloid rags (but I won’t link it because it outs a victim.) Pickles outed the Holt daughter by name as another victim and it’s fucking shameful. Really fucking shameful on Pickle’s part. 

Also, “Sam” alleges that Jill and Jessa were the primary targets of Josh’s molestation. If the allegations are true, it seems that Josh’s proclivities toward sexual assault were more widespread than the Fox interview let on (surprise surprise.)

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
Double posted, stupid technology
  • Love 10

That is beyond vile, shitty and absolutely inexcusable to out a victim of sexual abuse like that, and this is coming from a woman who proclaims herself to be a feminist. If the victim chooses to come forward and tell her story that's one thing, but she doesn't deserve to have her privacy violated like that.

As for Smuggar, I have no doubts there's more victims we haven't heard about. 

• Love 18

It also seems that hot glue gun sticks were the plumbing line of choice for the Duggar’s home church. 

Hitting the kids with them. or melting them on them? They'd probably do both.

9 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Isn’t that what every woman wants, childhood sexual assault blindsiding you in a Monday morning? I’m so mad I could spit nails. 

If true, I'd sue TF out of Pickles.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

Hitting the kids with them. or melting them on them? They'd probably do both.

Hitting them I assume. It’s flexible yet hard like plumbing line. The Pearls suggested something that would be inconspicuous to carry in a purse. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

It also seems that hot glue gun sticks were the plumbing line of choice for the Duggar’s home church. 

In the comments, she’s all “of the Holt’s have a problem with me outing their daughter, they can contact me directly.” Right. Cause that’s going to help Us Magazine and every other scandal ridden magazine and website from calling the poor woman after her name has already been released. And she goes further by saying that the Holt daughter is an adult now so it’s fine that her name was put out there for public consumption. Isn’t that what every woman wants, childhood sexual assault blindsiding you in a Monday morning? I’m so mad I could spit nails. 

What I don;t get is if Pickles has been contacted by the Holts before, she could give them a heads up about this post.  Of course, basic human decency should stop her from outing an abuse victim especially since Pickles does not gain anything from this.  The identity of the unnamed victim of Josh does not bring anything to the story.  The comments praising Pickles' journalist skills made my eyes roll, but her defense was inexcusable.  Just because the Holt daughter is an adult now and married, does not make this alright.  

• Love 20
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That is beyond vile, shitty and absolutely inexcusable to out a victim of sexual abuse like that, and this is coming from a woman who proclaims herself to be a feminist. If the victim chooses to come forward and tell her story that's one thing, but she doesn't deserve to have her privacy violated like that.

As for Smuggar, I have no doubts there's more victims we haven't heard about. 

Agree on both counts. It disgusting and inexcusable to out a victim. Its the victim's choice whether or not say anything.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I’m pretty sure Pickles just wants headlines and mentions and doesn’t give a damn about the victim and her right to privacy. 

Page views must be down and this is her way of trying to get the Facebook algorithm to focus on her page again.

Fuck off Pickles. I wonder how she would like it if her real identity was outed.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Fuck off Pickles. I wonder how she would like it if her real identity was outed.

And some of us know it.   She wasn't as cautious when she first joined social media.   I wonder what the impact on Josh and Anna's children will be as they become adults and perhaps read about their father's exploits.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I wonder how that lawsuit is going? The one Josh wanted to be part of with his sisters but they dumped him ?

Here you go

“Josh Dugga notes that he has a ‘certain level of celebrity’ and that he engaged in public life. Yet he claims that by appearing in a popular reality television series, being a leader in national, political, and civic organizations, and engaging in public speaking, he somehow was conducting himself in a manner consistent with an expectation of privacy,” the documents stated.

The Arkansas city also claimed that, at the time the report about his alleged molestation was released, it was “already known to the public” because of a magazine report.

Additionally, the city claimed it is “absurd” that Josh believed the police report containing information about his alleged molestation would be destroyed on his 21st birthday.

The city said it is “doubtful” that the offense report would be subject to being destroyed. Plus, the city said the offense report was believed to be truthful.

“The City, as the alleged publisher of the Offense Report, had no reason to doubt the truth of information contained in a police investigation report and therefore cannot be liable under a claim for false light invasion of privacy,” the document explained.

• Love 6

The Arkansas city also claimed that, at the time the report about his alleged molestation was released, it was “already known to the public” because of a magazine report.

What kind of circular logic is the city using? The magazine report was based on what the city released. 

Additionally, the city claimed it is “absurd” that Josh believed the police report containing information about his alleged molestation would be destroyed on his 21st birthday.

The city said it is “doubtful” that the offense report would be subject to being destroyed. Plus, the city said the offense report was believed to be truthful.”

Didn’t a judge order the records destroyed? So it’s not doubtful, it actually did happen. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

What kind of circular logic is the city using? The magazine report was based on what the city released. 

Didn’t a judge order the records destroyed? So it’s not doubtful, it actually did happen. 

After a victim requested it. I think this is referring to before that.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:43 AM, GeeGolly said:

This was well after I graduated but the leader of the PTA at my school was very religious, against all forms of BC or sex education, very strict in her beliefs.  Yep, her daughter at age 15 had a baby.  So I guess you can either provide them with birth control or babysitting services.  Not all are having sex but a lot of them are.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

This was well after I graduated but the leader of the PTA at my school was very religious, against all forms of BC or sex education, very strict in her beliefs.  Yep, her daughter at age 15 had a baby.  So I guess you can either provide them with birth control or babysitting services.  Not all are having sex but a lot of them are.

I remembered when the topic of birth control education was brought up where I live. Some people thought teaching sex education in high school would lead to kids having sex. I remember the class where the teacher was instructing the class about birth control and the boys were making rude comments, and it turn me off wanting to have sex with one of them. Ha!

In the case of Smugs, Anna and the rest of the Duggars, I think they would be an excellent example for birth control ads.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 minutes ago, Normades said:

I know someone who has very conservative beliefs and was against sex education in schools and abortion rights.  They felt that everyone should follow their beliefs and that others should not have options to believe or act otherwise.  Well, that person's teen daughter turned up pregnant.  Guess what?  The person had an appointment for their daughter at the abortion clinic so fast it would make your head spin!!  It never ceases to amaze me how hypocritical some of these true believers are!!!  They have lots to say when it's someone else's kid, but when it's theirs, it's a whole new ballgame.  How lucky for them that if the daughter had wanted to terminate, she had a safe place to go, which wouldn't be the case if the parent had their way!!  Or maybe if sex education was allowed, this wouldn't have even happened at all.  The daughter ended up having the baby and it all turned out fine.  This parent was really concerned about what the neighbors were saying.  Of course that's a really valid concern because had it been someone else's daughter this person would have had lots of nasty things to say.    

What’s the saying? “The only moral abortion is MY moral abortion.”

• Love 11

There's a sub thread on Reddit on the Duggars and some rather interesting reads about that crap Pickles posted a few days ago. It reflects my own views that she made it up herself.

She really is totally unhinged and the people involved in this should sue the arse off her. What the fuck is wrong with that nasty piece of shit?

• Love 8
On 10/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Some of the mothers in my (old) rural Idaho church used long hot glue sticks to spank their babies and toddlers. Older kids were hit with a wooden paddle, usually handmade by the pastor and given as a birthday present when the kid turned 4. One of our church members was a county sheriff who once a year gave a "parenting" class on who badly you can beat your child before it was considered abuse. For about half the kids in the church, the school handled all discipline without contacting the parents because they knew the kids were going to be beaten at home. **Disclaimer** While I did occasionally spank my children, it was 1 or 2 swats on the butt with my hand. My husband & I generally used timeouts when they were young and grounding or taking away priveleges when they got older. When my grandson came to live with me the first time I took a "Love and Logic" parenting class and the techniques I learned where so effective that spanking wasn't even considered.

• Love 18