Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I was trying to come back and edit mine, but I can't find it, so I just wanted to say that:

1. It absolutely disgusts me how gleeful these people are about smacking their kids!!! Most parents who spank do it because they think it's a good form of discipline, but hate doing it. These people celebrate it sooooo much. Maybe they're thrilled to be going against PC culture, but it doesn't even seem like that. It seems like they are filled with glee to be spanking children, to the point where they've made it a huge part of their culture!

2. Pickles is the worst "feminist" I have ever seen!!! So nice to not name Jana's almost husband (which wouldn't be life-ruiningly embarrassing if true), but she wants to ruin that girl's life by naming her! The girl really needs to sue her. All she needs to say is libel, and she has a great case, because she is not a public figure. It doesn't even matter if Josh is a public figure...she's not, and therefore would have a great case!

• Love 11
On 9/1/2018 at 8:59 PM, Jeeves said:

I just went down this rabbit hole and read pages and pages back.  Why?  I don’t keep up with these people, and could care less.  I HATE when I realize I’ve wasted a chunk of time like this.  But since I did..

people were commenting on some anonymous (lawyer?) who posts total gossip and then reveals later who he’s talking about.  

First, for all of Jana’s reserve and seeming shyness, I find it hard to believe she left home for a time, met and fell in love with a guy, maybe even went out and kicked up her heels a few times.  Maybe she did - I don’t care about that either - in fact, YAY JANA if she did.  I’d just have to assume if she left that place, it would have pinged SOMEONE’s radar.  No way could she go out and toss back a few without someone catching it on their phone.  She can’t go to Lowe’s to buy petunias without it hitting Instagram.  Doing shots?  Pffft.

secondly, if JimBob and Michelle came in my door right now, this instant, I wouldn’t believe they paid for or had anything to do with hooking Josh up to keep him occupied and off SM.  For one thing, it’s just a ridiculous notion, and for another, if they got caught shelling out for phone sex or anything else, the repercussions would be a tsunami so huge they’d probably all end up living with Jessa in that tiny little (I’m assuming it’s paid for) house.  Even they aren’t that dumb.

But then, what do I know?  YMMV. :)

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, awaken said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t it “affect” our families?

Yes. Yes, it is.

I'm not denying that Anna looks pregnant, but she has claimed as recently as September on an Instagram comment that she wasn't pregnant... Has a holy Duggar ever been caught in a lie about the state of her uterus?

• Love 5

I don't know but Joshley still has that hung over, really tired look to him. I wonder what he's doing all those hours until the crack of dawn? He looks like he was up all night drinking or looking at a computer screen to me. Anyone else think so?

• Love 4
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Cute kiddos. Kenzie is such a beautiful girl. Her nice clothing and well-groomed hair is such a stark contrast to poor Jordyn and Josie. 

She looks very lovely in that picture. Despite not liking Anna, her kids always look nice. Maybe that will change as they hit double digits. 

• Love 8
On 10/22/2018 at 1:44 PM, floridamom said:

I would like to hear again from "Alice" on Pickles' post if the information she's printing is accurate and true. Alice was spot on those years ago.

I remember her story from the old board we were on. I asked about the validity of her story to one of the old posters but she told me it was not true. It was ALL true......just swept under the rug because the Duggars were popular then.

• Love 8

What's up with dressing in red, white, and blue to go vote?  Is this some fundie thing?  And polling stations are crowded.  Bringing the kids along is just annoying.  They could take turns and go separately.  It isn't as if Josh has a job to go to...

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

And polling stations are crowded.  Bringing the kids along is just annoying.  They could take turns and go separately. 

While I admit five small kids would be a lot, it's not at all uncommon for parents to bring their young children with them. A great opportunity to show them at a young age that voting is important.

Though the photo they took appears to be in front of a house? So it's unclear if the kids did go with them to vote-- the matchy patriotic outfits could have just been for the picture, not because they were trying to recreate the original Duggars-go-voting photo from when Josh was a kid.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

What's up with dressing in red, white, and blue to go vote?  Is this some fundie thing?  And polling stations are crowded.  Bringing the kids along is just annoying.  They could take turns and go separately.  It isn't as if Josh has a job to go to...

I think this is an old picture, probably from July 4th. Joshley looks a lot bigger in the recent video. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Though the photo they took appears to be in front of a house? So it's unclear if the kids did go with them to vote-- the matchy patriotic outfits could have just been for the picture, not because they were trying to recreate the original Duggars-go-voting photo from when Josh was a kid.

Oh yeah, the one where they misrepresented kids that weren't actually theirs.

• Love 2

I can see why people would bring kids to the polls to learn about voting, which is a great idea as long as they are not overly crowded.  The scene at our polls in Nevada on Tuesday was fresh in my mind.  They closed at 7, but if people were in line they were allowed to stay and vote.  It took another hour and a half for everyone to get through the line.  In this case it would be best to leave your kids at home, especially if you have 5, including a couple of really young ones. The Duggars , however, with their lack of situational awareness would insist on bringing the kids along even if it was very busy.

Normades, I can see poll workers dressed in red, white, and blue.  I was thinking more about the voters. I did not notice anyone in line dressed that way, and I wondered if it was a Duggar thing.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

And polling stations are crowded.  Bringing the kids along is just annoying.  They could take turns and go separately.  It isn't as if Josh has a job to go to...

Joshy can't let Anna go to vote by herself.  If he does, how can he really know that she voted for his selected candidate?

• Love 11

When my oldest kids were in grade school, the voting station was at their school.  I made a big deal out of voting days, taking the kids to McDonalds for breakfast (they loved "going out to eat" - even fast food pancakes seemed better to them than home made ones), then we'd go to the school and I'd have them go with me to vote before dropping them off at their classrooms.  They were usually a bit late, but I thought it was important for them to see me voting.  I'd talk to them about how lucky we were to live in a country where the people got to choose what happened, and even if things didn't turn out the way we hoped, we would know that we had a chance to voice our opinions.  I never understood why more parents didn't do the same.

2016 was the first year all of my kids were eligible to vote in a Presidential Election.  One of my kids refused to vote that year, telling me that it doesn't matter what the people want, the Electoral College will decide who is President.  All I can say now is it's still important to vote, but I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm.  I'm more suspicious of the process and more fearful of the future.  The worst part is realizing that forces are at work that dilute the will of the people, and we don't have as much power to steer the course of our country as I once thought.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I did not notice anyone in line dressed that way, and I wondered if it was a Duggar thing.

I can tell you that I saw some voters who dressed in red, white and blue, who didn't seem fundie to me.  And I am probably as far away from fundie as you can get.  I'm just one of those weirdos who like to dress for the season or occasion, so you'll see me in black and orange on Halloween, red and green on Christmas and red, white, and blue on July 4th and voting day.  For all the Duggars faults, I think bringing (well behaved) kids to the polls is a good thing and dressing up is a bonus.  JMO

• Love 10

Zahdii, I hear you!  Luckily I was very happy with the results in my state, so small victories I guess.  Plus we have 2 female senators , 2 of 4 female representatives, and 2 female judges elected to the state supreme court. 

My youngest son does not share my political views.  Someone from his party called and asked to speak to him.  He was not home.  Then the caller asked if I shared his views.  I said no.  The caller was baffled that I was ok with that.  I said of course, he was an adult and entitled to his own opinions.  Apparently this is not the norm.  I certainly can't imagine that happening in a Duggar household.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 9

They all got the classic spelling of their name except Mackenzie? With a completely random use of a Y? Why? That poor girl is going to be correcting people for the rest of her life. I realize there are a lot of different spellings of Mackenzie, mostly for the parents so they can say "look how yooneek we are!". (That's a laugh with these sheep) but why saddle one kid with a silly spelling and not the other four? 

11 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Someone could throw in MMMBop on this list eventually. No one will know.

Give them time.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

They all got the classic spelling of their name except Mackenzie? With a completely random use of a Y? Why? That poor girl is going to be correcting people for the rest of her life.

What people? She is only going to be stuck in the Duggar bubble for the rest of her life. She's not going to have classmates or anything ...

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

They all got the classic spelling of their name except Mackenzie? With a completely random use of a Y? Why? That poor girl is going to be correcting people for the rest of her life. I realize there are a lot of different spellings of Mackenzie, mostly for the parents so they can say "look how yooneek we are!". (That's a laugh with these sheep) but why saddle one kid with a silly spelling and not the other four? 

Give them time.

I agree, but with their accents the spelling fits. KINzie, lol.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Zahdii, I hear you!  Luckily I was very happy with the results in my state, so small victories I guess.  Plus we have 2 female senators , 2 of 4 female representatives, and 2 female judges elected to the state supreme court. 

My youngest son does not share my political views.  Someone called and asked to speak to him.  He was not home.  The caller asked if I shared his views.  I said no.  The caller was baffled that I was ok with that.  I said of course, he was an adult and entitled to his own opinions.  Apparently this is not the norm.  I certainly can't imagine that happening in a Duggar household.  

Kudos to you for respecting your son's right to his own views!!  My father and I do not share political views (or much else).  He was so mad at me after the 2008 election, he wouldn't speak to me for months!!  And he really didn't know for sure who I voted for because when he asked, I told him it was a secret ballot for a reason.  He (rightly) assumed that I did not vote as he would have liked.  Pretty crazy to treat an adult over 40 like they can't make up their own mind!!  My dad and the Duggars would agree on lots of things, so he probably thinks wimmen folk shouldn't be casting ballots anyway, unless a man is telling them what to do!!

You're absolutely right about the Duggars.  I'm sure Boob does a sample ballot for everyone and they follow orders.  They have no freedom at all.

• Love 10
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, Normades said:

I work the polls and I always dress in red, white, and blue.  It's just a fun way to celebrate the day.  As a pollworker, I'm glad to see kids coming to the polls with their parents.  I think it instills the value of voting at an early age.  I try to make the little ones welcome and we allow them to take a practice ballot so that they can "vote" too.  I did the same thing with my own kids.  I find seeing the children brightens my long day  (as long as they behave).  I hope making them feel welcome will encourage them to vote when they are older. 

I don't work the polls but I wore red, white and blue on election day; red sweater, white blouse, navy pants.  I don't have a problem with well-behaved kids at the polls, I used to go with my mom sometimes.  I think it's nice if both parents are there so one can wrangle any unruly kids while the other votes and switch places; but, otherwise, I think it's good for kids to see their parents participate in our democracy.

• Love 19
On 11/11/2018 at 5:42 PM, mynextmistake said:

We took our daughter this year. We talked ahead of time about how one acts while in a polling place. She behaved perfectly until she escaped from my husband, pulled back the curtain on an (occupied) voting booth and yelled “boo!” The very nice older gentleman in the booth was quite understanding, but I was mortified. Next time we take her she’s going to be on a leash. 

this is hilarious!

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

He even failed to install a smoke detector for the business. Sounds like he is doing business from a small shack. Who the hell is buying cars from here?

My last job was next door to a Hawaiian BBQ restaurant and we could never figure out how they stayed in business. The food sucked, the customer service was horrible and the place was always empty. Our question was answered one day when the cops showed up to raid the place. Turns out they were selling a little more than Poke at the drive-thru. The owners got busted for drug dealing and now it's a frozen custard place.

It wouldn't surprise me if Joshley's business was part of some Duggar tax scam.

• Love 23

I see Josh as the type to roll back odometers and other shady unlawful things. Does he bother to file the paperwork correctly? I would never buy a car from the Duggars. 

BTW my sister works for a small accounting office. Years ago one of their customers,  a small car lot owner, spent some time in the Big House for rolling back odometers & other things. He thought he would never get caught.  I see Josh as this type. 

• Love 18