Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 1/31/2019 at 7:39 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

It was dismissed but I thought they appealed. The hearing for the remaining three defendants finally took place back in December. It says in that article that the lawsuit was dismissed against InTouch so I'm guessing they probably abandoned the idea of getting any $$$ out of InTouch.

The thing that astonished me the most in reading that article was that the Duggars were represented by a female attorney. That would be a natural choice for, well regular people, since female sexual assault victims are often more comfortable with female cops/doctors/lawyers, but the Duggars exposing their daughters to a woman with an education is go smacking to me. 

What if it rubbed off?!?! 

ETA: Searched the 8th circuit opinions, and nothing has been published yet. I'm not familiar with their publication schedule, though. 

Edited by xtwheeler
  • Love 5

I do think JB and Josh probably spend a lot of time blaming everyone else for their loss of fame.   And JB keeps coming up with ideas or specials or kids to marry off and Joshua acting like a dog with his head outside the window, tongue hanging out...loving every stupid idea.

I assume Anna hears it all the time too.  It isn’t his fault, it’s the clerks or the company workers or the medial or whatever. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Now Anna is promoting some customized shampoo on an Instagram story, offering a discount if you swipe up. Good grief

Did they all get managers? Who's getting them all these sponsorships?

Screenshot_20190222-183842_Instagram-576x1024.thumb.jpg.026911880acc80ef58c09f22b9249ce0.jpg

Screenshot_20190222-183859_Instagram-576x1024.thumb.jpg.62ab6116c7fe6fd8ab0e0e7674c963b4.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think they're hurting for money. It's strange how the Duggars were radio silent for years, and now all of a sudden we're seeing a blast of daughters shilling merchandise. 

Given the amount of people Boob's supporting, it wouldn't surprise me if he's having cash flow issues. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Just because Josh has two idiots for parents and a crappy childhood, does not give the right to molest his sisters more than once. There is no excuse for his actions. There are millions of kids who had terrible childhoods who do not harm their siblings.

And speaking of Smugs... Yesterday I was watching a hearing for a bill to give gays, lesbians and certain others human rights. I was secretly hoping someone would brought up the Duggars with their certain groups of people are child molesters while they hid the fact their son molested four of their daughters more than once. A few of the bill’s non supporters reminded me of the Duggar’s especially with their bigotry, hate and ignorance.

13 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

In the first picture to me she looks pregnant.

Anna has looked pregnant for a while now. I too thought she was several months ago because she looked “swollen” not just heavier. I think she’s just gained a bit weight in her face. Of course she could be pregnant at any time but she has gained weight recently. 

• Love 2

I use Function of Beauty shampoo/conditioner (it’s not an MLM) and everyone who orders gets a link they can share to offer a discount and if someone orders from your link you get a $5 product credit. She ain’t going to be buying Josley many burgers with this venture. 

Edited by Trillium
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

A2FE7E4E-2E79-4F29-A11B-9279D178A721.jpeg

5617DBDC-5CD2-4E5A-A4F5-53B04EED7BC6.jpeg

A10441E3-5D51-4A97-842F-719511F231F5.jpeg

annaduggar

We had a fun-filled family night again! We had an asian-themed dinner 🥡 — Jana and I made fresh spring rolls, Jessa made Indonesian fried rice 🍚 🥢 (thanks @jennishartono for teaching us!) and Jill gave us all some sushi lessons! 🍣 🍱

After dinner we played some games 🎲 , 🎹 enjoyed music 🎶 and those who were willing to brave the cold enjoyed a game of (freezing🥶) capture the flag! 🏳️👟 Monday nights have quickly become a favorite as we each make it a priority to set time aside and catch up with our family! 💞Thanks again to Jana & Joy for making this happen once again! 🥰❣️#littleduggars

• Love 2

Oh, look. Anna knows how to use emojis. Like a 12 year old. 

ETA: and of course, the feast was eaten off landfill-bound one-use Styrofoam™ plates and bowls, with one-use plastic utensils. Because, Duggars.

Edited by Jeeves
I typed "ETA" and autocorrect decided I mean "EAT." Of course it did.
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, look. Anna knows how to use emojis. Like a 12 year old. 

ETA: and of course, the feast was eaten off landfill-bound one-use Styrofoam™ plates and bowls, with one-use plastic utensils. Because, Duggars.

I’ll be surprised when I see anyone with a real plate and cup.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Anna now has a paid partnership with Fabletics- she’s got an instagram story up today. She says the word “leggings” as “leggins” 

Alyssa did an ad for Fabletics too but Anna? Wtf she doesn't even work out or wear leggings. How is she going to show off the pattern of the leggings if she has a fugly skirt over them?!

Screenshot_20190224-193624_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d8bc963a463cf8665190f241dc82fae1.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Alyssa did an ad for Fabletics too but Anna? Wtf she doesn't even work out or wear leggings. How is she going to show off the pattern of the leggings if she has a fugly skirt over them?!

Screenshot_20190224-193624_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d8bc963a463cf8665190f241dc82fae1.jpg

There's something oxymoronic about all this...I mean Anna is shilling LEGGINGS. Not modesty workout wear. LEGGINGS. 

I mean it would make more sense for Jill or Jinger to shill this product.

• Love 3

Anna's shilling leggings we can't even see. Somebody in the Fabletics marketing department really dropped the ball with this one.

Does anyone else think Boob gave Joshley some kind of ultimatum regarding finances? It's weird that all the girls are hawking on Instagram, but especially weird for Anna given the toxicity associated with Josh. I wonder if Boob has cut back their allowance.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10

I think how this works is if you refer someone you get a discount. She isn't actually working for them. I have a friend who did this. Here's the difference. My friend didn't have an idiotic expression on her face, she didn't wear them with a long top and skirt, she didnt take a picture from above, her outfit was super cute.  Dimwits...all of them.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I think how this works is if you refer someone you get a discount. She isn't actually working for them. I have a friend who did this. Here's the difference. My friend didn't have an idiotic expression on her face, she didn't wear them with a long top and skirt, she didnt take a picture from above, her outfit was super cute.  Dimwits...all of them.

Does Anna really need a discount on workout wear since she doesn't work out ?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

This all makes me wonder if someone gave JB a heads up that the show was going to be cancelled after this season (maybe they said unless Jana gets married or something.)

I could see someone who has worked with them for years giving them a heads up, and maybe now JB is panicking.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Anna now has a paid partnership with Fabletics- she’s got an instagram story up today. She says the word “leggings” as “leggins” 

I'll take Anna's "leggin's" over Joy's (would-be) "leggingks."

And, yes, the (overacted, badly shot) ad is ridic. But, hey, it's the Duggars, so what else would we expect?

Edited by graefin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

This all makes me wonder if someone gave JB a heads up that the show was going to be cancelled after this season (maybe they said unless Jana gets married or something.)

If TLC told Jim Bob that the show would be cancelled if Jana didn't have a courtship/wedding, he'd make dammed sure that happened fast. He'd pull a suitor out of thin air and Jana would "fall in love" just in time for a Very Special Episode.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

If TLC told Jim Bob that the show would be cancelled if Jana didn't have a courtship/wedding, he'd make dammed sure that happened fast. He'd pull a suitor out of thin air and Jana would "fall in love" just in time for a Very Special Episode.

He'd just troll the nearest sex offender lockup/drunk tank until he found a 'reformed' one who take a woman pushing 30. For fundies, they have no problem with human sacrifice to the TLC gods.

• Love 3
On 2/24/2019 at 6:39 AM, floridamom said:

Where is the picture of Anna's bathroom? I couldn't find it.

I think the poster that mentioned Anna's nice bathroom was just going by what is seen in the background of the picture with Anna & the shampoo not a separate picture. It looks like they have a walk in glass shower & the tile looks new & modern.

Re:  Their family  meal. That menu  didn't  seem like much of a variety of food for a group.  Hope they made a lot of each.

I thought they were making sandwiches/food for the homeless when I first glanced at the food prep pictures.  (Didn't even realize it was sushi.) I don't know why I jumped to that conclusion considering it was the Duggars. Silly me. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, leighdear said:

OH.MAH.GAWD.  $36 for ONE 16 oz. bottle of shampoo?  Seriously Anna? 

She can't possibly afford to use that shampoo exclusively.  Not and feed her albatross.  

Gee and I thought $37 for two bottles of high end shampoo and conditioner from the hair salon was pricey! 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Gee and I thought $37 for two bottles of high end shampoo and conditioner from the hair salon was pricey! 

I pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 for my bottles of DevaCurl products, but that's for the big 32 oz sizes, and they last me about 6 months. I still always feel really extravagant buying them, though.

• Love 1

I buy weird Japanese hair products after I get my hair straightened and spent $40 on "foundation jel" and $40 on "shimmering mist".  They do last the whole year though, so there's that.

• Love 2

Anna claims to share the $36 shampoo with the kids.  She also said she uses it for longer hair!  Long, long and longer with no more Gothard curls required.  I really cannot stand these grifters. Too bad Smuggar doesn’t show up on child-molester maps.  He should.

• Love 7

This post sound like the lies Jessa writes about her childhood. Maybe if Anna tells herself this constantly she'll believe it. These Duggars are aging like bananas. 

• LOL 3
(edited)

Did Anna take a JillR course in RANDOM capitalization of WORDS?

my LORD, PEOPLE! Mama can’t take ANYMORE! 

(I forgot to include how hard I laughed at “PRAYing”...I dunno why I was so tickled by it)

Edited by Enya Face
More snark!
  • LOL 12
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Enya Face said:

Did Anna take a JillR course in RANDOM capitalization of WORDS?

my LORD, PEOPLE! Mama can’t take ANYMORE! 

(I forgot to include how hard I laughed at “PRAYing”...I dunno why I was so tickled by it)

Exactly my first thought!!! 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Please, TLC, for the love of all that's good, please do not make this a Counting On episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6