Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I'm familiar with these places, they exist to make a small, dining-room table LLC look and work like a larger business as needed. A physical office, secretary, etc. The kind of place you rent out for days or weeks when doing business face-to face. It's like hiring an answering service. No big deal, really. More interesting is what kind of business Anna is getting into. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Zella said:

My impression is that it is a service that provides a physical address that is not a post office or a home address and gives her the option of having a professional-looking meeting space/an office outside the home if needed. 

Not gonna lie, I started my own home business late last year, and if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere, those options would definitely appeal to me because I basically had to pick providing my home address or a post office box. Not wild about using my home address, but I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't visit the post office frequently enough for that to work. 

The exact purpose of her business and what specific services she is using, though, I'm not sure. My money is on the address being the main thing. I suspect it is a means to provide a little more privacy concerning whatever their home address is now.

Well the way I see it, Anna’s little business is a plus for Josh. 

It’s perfect for him to divert his mail, Log into dating sites, even arrange in-person “meetings”.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Well the way I see it, Anna’s little business is a plus for Josh. 

It’s perfect for him to divert his mail, Log into dating sites, even arrange in-person “meetings”.

He couldn't even figure out how to use a gift card, come up with a good pseudonym, use a burner phone, or google a picture that wasn't "random guy".  He clearly needs the help!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

[random extra space, sorry]

"Cyber cafe's"? Cyber cafe's what? So is she starting a place the rents PO boxes or something? I'm confused.

Is the Cyber Cafe a space at the island at the TTH? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Isn't that screenshot from the company she used to form the LLC?  She didn't write that.  Or am I missing something?   It's safe to assume she's not necessarily going to sue all of the benefits of the LLC "level" she purchased.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Isn't that screenshot from the company she used to form the LLC?  She didn't write that.  Or am I missing something?   It's safe to assume she's not necessarily going to sue all of the benefits of the LLC "level" she purchased.

Right. Anna didn't write any of that. It's a screenshot of the company she's using as an address for the LLC she formed. As explained above, it's essentially an accommodation mailing address, with additional services offered as well. 

• Love 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What the hell is going on here? 

Probably JB and/or Josh using Anna's name for some enterprise of theirs. You know she'll sign whatever they tell her to. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 22

Yeah we've been calling it Anna's business because of the paperwork, but there's no way she's actually having anything to do with the business. As mentioned earlier, she's legitimately busy, but there's also no way she'd be allowed to leave and meet people or even just leave and be at an office by herself for awhile. Even if it is office space full of people.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Probably JB and/or Josh using Anna's name for some enterprise of theirs. You know she'll sign whatever they tell her to. 

My first thought was Josh but it certainly sounds more like JB since Josh struggles with ambition.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay.

So Anna has five, soon six, young kids to care for and raise and also to educate with little to no assistance through high school graduation. I  assume she also does most of the cooking, cleaning, washing, grocery shopping, etc., for their family of seven-soon-to-be-eight-with-one-nursing, since she doesn't have a lot of daughters and the ones she has are mostly still too little to reach the stove top.

Josh, meanwhile, hangs out all day in a hut at an essentially-deserted used-car lot. 

And Anna-- who holds a homeschool diploma and a certificate from some short-term fundie toddler-care course and has precisely zero job experience except for accompanying her father to preach Gothard in a prison --  is starting a new business (for which she might need a lobby listing, cyber cafe and conference-room facilities!)? Anna? 

When the hell does Anna have time to start and run a business? What in the world kind of business is Anna equipped to run? Can you run a strawberry-dipping enterprise in a house with six little kids running around all day? (Well, Sierra did it, so I guess you can, so scratch that....but ... ewwwww)

Why isn't Anna's husband who probably naps most of the day at the car lot the one who's getting a second job? 

And, wow, now the Duggarling women have gone from shilling on instagram to starting actual businesses....

Is that really what the stay-at-home home-schooling-through-high-school moms are supposed to be doing? And what does that suggest about the family finances? 

What the hell is going on here? 

It's like "Jana's" "tattoo parlour".

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Agreed. That's the only explanation I can think of that makes any sense.

But even that one doesn't make any sense to me...... What kind of business could they actually hide behind Anna?

And are they hiding it because they think Josh's name is toxic? Because they don't actually seem to think that anymore -- and it doesn't actually seem to be toxic -- now that he's showing up shilling for fisherman companies. And would he be any better at running his own business than Anna would be? Would even Jim Bob imagine that Josh would do well running one of his businesses? 

And does Jim Bob really hide his businesses? How can he hide businesses to which he would need to attract clients? What kind of Jim-Bob-type business can you attract Jim-Bob-type clients to if you're pretending that Anna runs it? 

And you're not really hiding your involvement in a business if it's run in the name of your wife and daughter-in-law, are you? So what's the point? I suppose there might be some weird tax advantage to having a business in Anna's name, but even that seems like a big stretch since I can't imagine that she and Joshley have ever filed separate tax returns. So now suddenly she'd be filing tax returns for a business? Huh? Wouldn't that arouse significant suspicion? Surely tax people have their eyes on Jim Bob by now -- he hangs around with sovereign citizens. 

It doesn't even make sense to put a criminal enterprise in Anna's name. Because Anna's name obviously traces right back to Josh and Jim Bob. You don't name a shell corporation after your wife. 

I'm still completely confused.

You put your "business" in the name of somebody with no money to their name, like Anna or Jana (?), so that if/when you run up debts there'll be nobody to pay them? Or the taxes will be lower because .... why? Surely the taxes wouldn't be lower just because the person who supposedly owns the business has no other money or income. It'd still be the same business with the same business taxes...Or...or what? Obviously I need to learn a lot more about individual and small-business tax scamming and escape-your-creditors schemes to understand JB's seamy life......Because can anything other than that possibly explain this? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
(edited)

This is making me curious. I know from starting my own business in Arkansas recently that an LLC is easier than other forms of incorporation but still less streamlined than a sole proprietorship. Though of course sole proprietorship isn't an option if you have a business partner. (Realize none of this is news to anyone with anything resembling a business background--just outlining my reasoning for what I did next.)

So, I got curious if anyone else's names are on the paperwork and followed the link @queenanne provided. Looks like the other officer listed is another LLC--Western Ridge Financial. That's not an Arkansas LLC, at least not in their database.

When I google the name, I find a place headquartered in Hollywood, CA. But I really don't know if that is exactly it or not, but the only person who has liked the page is fucking Kirk Cameron's brother-in-law, so I think it could be it.

Hmm.

What the fuck is going on? 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is making me curious. I know from starting my own business in Arkansas recently that an LLC is easier than other forms of incorporation but still less streamlined than a sole proprietorship. Though of course sole proprietorship isn't an option if you have a business partner. (Realize none of this is news to anyone with anything resembling a business background--just outlining my reasoning for what I did next.)

So, I got curious if anyone else's names are on the paperwork and followed the link @queenanne 

Hmm.

The world will never know but because of who we are we will get to the bottom of this. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

The world will never know but because of who we are we will get to the bottom of this. 

Yeah the whole thing is so odd the more I think of it, the more I want to go, like, Rogue P.I. Colombo on their asses. "Just one more thing, Jim Bob!" 😂

The business name is such a vague one that there are no clues to what it could be for. The Hollywood company, if it is indeed the one connected to this, does not seem to have a functional website. Just a Facebook page with no content. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I'm hoping for some great sleuthing here.   😀

I just keep wondering why you'd open a business in somebody else's name unless, say, your own business record was so bad that you couldn't get loans or permits you wanted or something.....But who's going to give Anna any loans or permits? ....

Gotta be a better answer somewhere!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

Why do I think that Jingle Bell and Jerkame is also involved. 

These are my suspicions too with the possible Hollywood connection. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe she is starting a daycare or a school? Or Jill & Anna cooking channel.

I've noticed that for awhile now she's been using #LittleDuggars on all of her photos and I thought that sounds like she's trying to create a "brand" or identity for the next generation. Maybe this will be some attempt to market them?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I've noticed that for awhile now she's been using #LittleDuggars on all of her photos and I thought that sounds like she's trying to create a "brand" or identity for the next generation. Maybe this will be some attempt to market them?

Counting On 2.0

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Counting On 2.0

Well, if they just stuck all the babies and toddlers in a big room and let them crawl around in front of the cameras, tons of people would probably watch it, I suppose. 

Ugh. Let's hope this hasn't occurred to TLC. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Maybe it’s the company that is going to get paid by TLC when they pay Jinger. Taxes are probably less in Arkansas and since Jinger or Jeremy weren’t around to sign the paperwork, they just grabbed the first person lounging around the TTH to sign.  Or this LLC will hold Josh’s property. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Why do I think that Jingle Bell and Jerkame is also involved. 

Jingle Bell and Jerkame are great nicknames! Some of you are coming up with great and appropriate nicknames.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

aybe it’s the company that is going to get paid by TLC when they pay Jinger. Taxes are probably less in Arkansas and since Jinger or Jeremy weren’t around to sign the paperwork, they just grabbed the first person lounging around the TTH to sign.

Jeremy's an annoying poser, but he seems really shrewd when it comes to his own interests. Somehow, I just can't see him getting entangled in any kind of business with Josh or allowing Josh within a mile of his or Jinger's money (and any deal with Anna is bound to be a deal with her headship, Josh). 

If he needed someone in Arkansas to handle business for him, I think he'd be most likely to ask Ben, with whom he's always been on friendly terms.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

And then Radar Online or InTouch will publish it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Most likely Josh is restarting his video and website production business he had years ago. Putting it in Anna’s name keeps his name silent And allows them to declare it as female owned for  diversity purposes. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Most likely Josh is restarting his video and website production business he had years ago. Putting it in Anna’s name keeps his name silent And allows them to declare it as female owned for  diversity purposes. 

Oh, they would do that, wouldn't they? 

17 hours ago, Zella said:

So, I got curious if anyone else's names are on the paperwork and followed the link @queenanne provided. Looks like the other officer listed is another LLC--Western Ridge Financial. That's not an Arkansas LLC, at least not in their database.

When I google the name, I find a place headquartered in Hollywood, CA. But I really don't know if that is exactly it or not, but the only person who has liked the page is fucking Kirk Cameron's brother-in-law, so I think it could be it.

Hmm.

Yeah, in that case it gets tough, because without you knowing in what state the company (Western Ridge Financial) has been formed/created, you can't really find it unless you can find a breadcrumb trail stating so in the state's corporation search engine.  I looked in California's equivalent database, and that particular name is now expired (hasn't seen action since 2015); and although a different business can snag a name for any entity after a certain amount of time elapses without its being reactivated, nobody has done so in California.  Also, the "registered agent" for the defunct California Western Ridge Financial was Legalzoom, which indicates somebody doing it out of their home office who needed to be talked through the process step-by-step, and who couldn't afford to or didn't want to pay a lawyer. 

The other most likely state for companies to be formed, Delaware, has no record of such a company name; and unfortunately there's no such thing as a multi-state search, since state governments aren't centralized.  If a devoted person wanted to search every state database individually they could go for it; but I don't quite have the vim to do that even in my office for a salary, sorry (lol).

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Anna is shilling an app. Wasn't paying close attention but I think it's for kids with allergies. I wonder where she's filming, it doesn't looks familiar. 

Screenshot_20190513-120655_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e930f657c6af7df0155932ef45661b33.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Anna is shilling an app. Wasn't paying close attention but I think it's for kids with allergies. I wonder where she's filming, it doesn't looks familiar. 

Screenshot_20190513-120655_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e930f657c6af7df0155932ef45661b33.jpg

It looks like the inside of an RV. They often have that wallpaper and trim. Probablybwhere she was staying at Big Sandy. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

How are these moms like-minded? Are they married to creepy perverts too?

I have to say, I'm kind of excited to see any Duggarling or even Duggar adjacent reaching out to find new acquaintances and people to talk to beyond the immediate family or somebody they've met at Big Sandy. 

She'll certainly pick people as similar to her as she can find, but that's okay. If she actually uses that app, at least she'll be getting the point of view of somebody she didn't know before and, odds are, somebody who's never been to Gothard headquarters!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

have to say, I'm kind of excited to see any Duggarling or even Duggar adjacent reaching out to find new acquaintance and people to talk to beyond the immediate family or somebody they've met at Big Sandy. 

That's assuming she actually uses the app and isn't just pretending that she uses it because she's trying to sell it to other people.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

Omg, she’s got MEchelle’s crazy eyes.  Looks like she’s only a kid or 2 away from a laundry room breakdown. 🧺🤪

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3802AC08-2F23-452E-9104-425AE7CDE4CD.jpeg

E27AD25B-C1A7-43A0-8637-420DE3CEEA81.jpeg

A million dollars says she didn't write a single word of this; this reeks of copy written by that company's marketing department.

I'm guessing Josh will avoid having anything in his name that's worth money until the statute of limitations run out, for fear of being sued. 

I believe laws were changed for victims of sexual abuse, lengthening the time they have to press charges and/or sue. I'm not sure if the non-family survivor still has time left on the clock. And is he still being sued by the guy whose pictures he used for the dating websites?

All the Duggars are modern day shillers going from one get rich scheme to another. Although other than TLC money, it seems only JB has figured out the 'get rich' part of the scheme.

• Love 9