Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I secretly hope she finds another man who would step up to the plate to take care of her and the kids, treats her and the kids well, loves her and the kids, and works hard and does not feel the need to "cheat" on her, and is not a man who hides behind his parents and religion when he does something wrong along with blaming the devil for it. A man who treats women with kindness and respect, and does calls out others for the way they live their lives while he is the one who is total ass and has his own dirty little secrets.  I seriously doubt it will actually happen, but a person can always hope.

One can hope- but it would take a Very Special Man to step up to the plate to be a step-father to 6 children, and to put up with Josh, his family, TLC, etc.  where would Anna meet him?  We’ve yet to see a single  family in the Duggar circle to have remarried after a spouse died, nor have we seen one remarry after divorce( or even divorce in the first place). 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

One can hope- but it would take a Very Special Man to step up to the plate to be a step-father to 6 children, and to put up with Josh, his family, TLC, etc.  where would Anna meet him?  We’ve yet to see a single  family in the Duggar circle to have remarried after a spouse died, nor have we seen one remarry after divorce( or even divorce in the first place). 

Anna’s sister is divorced. Don’t remember her name. I don’t know if she’s remarried but she does have a significant other.

She was in  pictures at the Kellers with Priscilla and David Waller and Josh, Anna and the M kids last fall.

I guess they’ve relaxed their feelings about divorce, Anna’s parents and siblings seem close to this daughter.

• Love 4

She must be brainwashed to keep with this pedo-monster. That or she has no soul, does anyone do anything to keep him from abusing his own kids. Say he (and God forbid) he does mess with his kids would anyone do anything?

8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

It would be nearly impossible for Anna to leave. No job skills , minimum wage doesn’t pay much. Who would help her with child care? Public assistance is not enough for her to pick up her life.  She would need 3 months rent in her pocket before she can leave. 

She would need much more than that. Does she even have credit? I can't imagine anyone would rent to her . her only hope would be government assistance or someone would have to take her in.

I do agree, she is horrendously stuck just like the cult wants her to be. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bythelake said:

Anna’s sister is divorced. Don’t remember her name. I don’t know if she’s remarried but she does have a significant other.

She was in  pictures at the Kellers with Priscilla and David Waller and Josh, Anna and the M kids last fall.

I guess they’ve relaxed their feelings about divorce, Anna’s parents and siblings seem close to this daughter.

Rebekah is divorced and now re-married, but she only has two daughters. I think the chances of Anna finding a man willing to take on six kids are slim to none.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bythelake said:

I forgot about her. But Bitter Apple already replied to you about her. This sister also wears pants and her significant other is quite a bit older than her and well off, I think.  I have a feeling this sister is quite a bit more mainstream than Anna.

I just don’t think Anna can find her way to meeting someone that would take her on because she has really drank the Koolaid and I don’t think the fundie circle would see her as a catch. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7

Even with all those kids, I think Anna would be considered a good catch. She's attractive, but more importantly, she has proven her piety by staying in what must be a horribly one-sided marriage. If Smuggar divorces her, bonus martyr points.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even with all those kids, I think Anna would be considered a good catch. She's attractive, but more importantly, she has proven her piety by staying in what must be a horribly one-sided marriage. If Smuggar divorces her, bonus martyr points.

I also think someone older without kids of their own might enjoy having a family. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I don’t think this ilk has any problem with someone remarrying after the death of the spouse. (Although I would suspect in the case of a widow, they would expect her new husband to be a similar age- no young guys for her). Derrick Dillard’s Mom is remarried. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

IF Josh were to leave Anna, in several years when the kids were older I could see her being a catch to an older fundy guy who was a widower or something. But now? A young woman with six kids isn’t a catch even in the fundy world. The kids are all too little to work in the family business or take over all the domestic duties for another household. They are dead weight financially and physically (for the new spouse) and all the emotional drama of dealing with the Duggars 😑. There are plenty of fundy women even Anna’s “ancient” age of 30 who haven’t married yet, OR who “got saved” later with only one 1 child (or none) if an older fundy guy was looking for a spouse. 

I don’t think Anna would leave Josh, but if he left her I could see her marrying again when the kids were a bit older (a decade from now). 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think this ilk has any problem with someone remarrying after the death of the spouse. (Although I would suspect in the case of a widow, they would expect her new husband to be a similar age- no young guys for her). Derrick Dillard’s Mom is remarried. 

Dericks Mom is still not as fundy as Anna. Cathy wears pants, worked, and was visibly annoyed by the Duggars courting rules.  

Furthermore, have you seen even one of the Duggars even admit Ronnie exists?    I do not believe remarriage is the norm in the Duggar crowd.  They dont attend Criss Church because Cross Church isn’t crazy enough for them. 

• Love 3

Regarding Anna, we have to remember how twisted their thinking and logic are. These people secretly 'want' to be persecuted and tested for their faith in God. The heartache, public humiliation that Joshua brought her and not to mention the public ridicule of her decision to stay with him is some type of badge of honor for her. She was being held up as some sort of Christian wife-example for all to see. This public suffering compares them to the suffering of Christ bringing her closer to Him and she suffered 'for Him'. Boy, is she holy now in God's eyes.

ANNNNNNND, I can't believe that I just typed that.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

While I can't believe these two are having another baby "blessing" at the same time I can believe it because Anna is that type of Mother - whether she does it because she genuinely loves babies, because she believes it's her calling and duty or because she thinks it proves her hubby is devoted only to her and is back on the straight and narrow (or a combo of the three).

But Josh and his circumstances and his continuing to hover in the Duggar atmosphere.  He is a lazy brainwashed idiot.  It's been four freaking years since he was fired by FRC, almost exactly four (it was May 2015).  Even allowing for his time in Jesus Jail how many certifications could a motivated person get in four years - not even that how many could he get in a 12 month course even if he had to bring his GED knowledge up to snuff.  He could have been a certified bookkeeper, a certified medical coder  (high demand for this) or transcriptionist, a court reporter (ha the irony), entry level IT certification or web developer (something that could be a big career built on continuing education), electrician or plumber (he'd even be out of apprenticeship by now), HVAC tech, paralegal.  Heck he already knows how to drive the stink bus and RV's, get a CDL license and go on the road short or long haul.  If he really wanted to pull himself and Anna out of their situation and get out from under JB's thumb there are many ways he could have done it - it may take some determination and study, it may mean low pay and work your way up but if he'd started years ago when he lost that cushy fake FRC job where could he and his family be right now?  But that of course means Josh has to take initiative, buckle down and actually work 9-5 or longer with all that annoying stuff like a boss and accountability and a regimented schedule probably at a desk all day.  In other words the real world the rest of us who don't shill for jesus on TV have to deal with.

You're especially right about the CDL liscense.  There is a huge national shortage of truck drivers.

In my Seattle area, you can't drive by a warehouse without seeing truck driver wanted signs.  And many are 9 to 5, Monday through Friday.

Josh could easily have done that, but it would mean worked for someone else, not JimBob.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

While I can't believe these two are having another baby "blessing" at the same time I can believe it because Anna is that type of Mother - whether she does it because she genuinely loves babies, because she believes it's her calling and duty or because she thinks it proves her hubby is devoted only to her and is back on the straight and narrow (or a combo of the three).

But Josh and his circumstances and his continuing to hover in the Duggar atmosphere.  He is a lazy brainwashed idiot.  It's been four freaking years since he was fired by FRC, almost exactly four (it was May 2015).  Even allowing for his time in Jesus Jail how many certifications could a motivated person get in four years - not even that how many could he get in a 12 month course even if he had to bring his GED knowledge up to snuff.  He could have been a certified bookkeeper, a certified medical coder  (high demand for this) or transcriptionist, a court reporter (ha the irony), entry level IT certification or web developer (something that could be a big career built on continuing education), electrician or plumber (he'd even be out of apprenticeship by now), HVAC tech, paralegal.  Heck he already knows how to drive the stink bus and RV's, get a CDL license and go on the road short or long haul.  If he really wanted to pull himself and Anna out of their situation and get out from under JB's thumb there are many ways he could have done it - it may take some determination and study, it may mean low pay and work your way up but if he'd started years ago when he lost that cushy fake FRC job where could he and his family be right now?  But that of course means Josh has to take initiative, buckle down and actually work 9-5 or longer with all that annoying stuff like a boss and accountability and a regimented schedule probably at a desk all day.  In other words the real world the rest of us who don't shill for jesus on TV have to deal with.

So much this. ^^^^

Of course, if he did one of these sensible things, he'd also have to work for somebody other than Daddy! Which for a Duggar is apparently unthinkable. 

• Love 5
On 4/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, bigskygirl said:

There are millions of people who had crappy childhood, but it does give them the right to molest their siblings or "cheat" on their spouse. I bet Josh would have turn out to be a total ass even if he had a normal decent childhood. I also think he is sorry because he got caught, and is not sorry for what he did aka the devil made me do it or I was just curious about sex and the female body. Anna was "given" to Josh because his idiot parents thought it would cure his needs.

Of course it doesn't give him a right.  Nothing excuses what he did.  No one has a right to molest anyone, much less their own sisters.  Josh may have had issues regardless of how he grew up, but my point is that his upbringing did him no favors whatsoever.  His parents responded inappropriately and likely never forced him to take ownership for his terrible behavior.  Then he got married young and probably shouldn't have.  If he was a better/stronger man he would have resisted since he clearly wasn't ready to settle down, but I do understand that it would be difficult to grow up in Duggar world and suddenly break away and do your own thing. 

It's kinda like when someone who grew up in a broken, dysfunctional home with terrible parents ends up getting involved in criminal doings.  Their background doesn't excuse their actions (and many people grow up in terrible situations and lead good lives), but you see how the environment they were raised in helped to worsen the issue.

Edited by lucy711
  • Love 9

I'm baffled by this whole fishing connection.

Is Joshley known in those parts as a dedicated angler? He doesn't look anything like a fisherman in the picture.

And do fishermen buy fishing-related stuff because they're attracted by the idea of some woman staring up at them in adoration while they stand around in sunglasses looking like idiots? 

It looks to me like those products are meant for people who are really serious about creating and maintaining good fish habitat somewhere so they can, you know, fish. But the image in the ad doesn't suggest that in the least to me. To me, the ad says, "You, too, can stand around looking like a two-bit but pretentious con man and have an ordinary-looking woman making googoo eyes at you." I don't know who wants that, but I'd be very surprised if many serious fishermen do. 

Maybe this guy owed Jim Bob a favor or money or something? 

Or maybe the Duggs figure that the leghumpers who want the Joshley family back on the show will "Swipe Up" just to be supportive? .... Although I don't know how many would be supportive enough to buy fish habitat-creation gear just to show their solidarity with the Smuggars.....Especially if they don't own a pond or live next to a creek or something... 

Just very odd. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I certainly agree Ma and Pa Stupid Idiots did not do him any favors. I think he still would have turn out to think he is God's Gift to women and think he is a lady's man who no woman could resist even with a half way decent childhood.

2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Could it be that JB doesn’t allow it? None of the married boys except JD have any freedom or independence, and JD still works for Daddy. 

Are they afraid to leave because they are so dull,lazy,stupid, or have they been a product of JB systematically depriving them of education,socialization and the chance for a normal life so that they would stay? They haven’t been taught any life skills, the girls can't cook,or clean and go to SM to ask questions about child raising instead of their mother. What does that tell you? The boys dabble in carpentry,selling used cars,and bible study. None of the children were encouraged to follow their dreams.

Everything that JB has done is strictly to promote the Duggar brand. First 19k, then CO.,the specials, the appearances on mainstream tv, the little girls album and the bald boys band. Everything. And,he will do it until his dying day.

JB keeps his children on a short leash, whether with threats or promises,he controls the money and every aspect of their lives. The kids for the most part live in Duggar houses,drive Duggar cars.

I think they are all too terrified of life outside the cult, so they stay, marry spouses with similar up bringing, take the handouts and pop out blessings. It’s the only thing they know.

Maybe, in the beginning the Duggars were “godly” people, but it quickly turned when JB saw the potential of a windfall by putting his family on display. Now the only god this family follows is JB.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Smugs and Anna move away, but it turn out to be a disaster. Jill and Deredick moved away, but it turn out to be a disaster. Jinger and Jermeme have moved away, and Jermeme is probably calling the shots in their marriage with Jinger going along with it because Jermeme is like a father figure to her...her lordship...err never mind.

JD is still under JB's thumb. Benny Boy lets Jessa run the show. The rest of the couples bore me to tears, so in reality, I have no real opinions about them.

13 hours ago, Temperance said:

I also think someone older without kids of their own might enjoy having a family. 

As has been proven in many a Hallmark channel movie or in one of my cheesy romance novels. Kidding aside, I'm sure there are men who would like an Instant family no matter the family's history. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is Josh known to be a big fisherman?

A tiny fish in a big pond. Does that add up to being a big fisherman?

Does Smugs and Mrs. Smugs even know the meaning of the word veteran.

6 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Josh and his circumstances and his continuing to hover in the Duggar atmosphere.  He is a lazy brainwashed idiot.  It's been four freaking years since he was fired by FRC, almost exactly four (it was May 2015).  Even allowing for his time in Jesus Jail how many certifications could a motivated person get in four years - not even that how many could he get in a 12 month course even if he had to bring his GED knowledge up to snuff.  He could have been a certified bookkeeper, a certified medical coder  (high demand for this) or transcriptionist, a court reporter (ha the irony), entry level IT certification or web developer (something that could be a big career built on continuing education), electrician or plumber (he'd even be out of apprenticeship by now), HVAC tech, paralegal.  Heck he already knows how to drive the stink bus and RV's, get a CDL license and go on the road short or long haul.  If he really wanted to pull himself and Anna out of their situation and get out from under JB's thumb there are many ways he could have done it - it may take some determination and study, it may mean low pay and work your way up but if he'd started years ago when he lost that cushy fake FRC job where could he and his family be right now?  But that of course means Josh has to take initiative, buckle down and actually work 9-5 or longer with all that annoying stuff like a boss and accountability and a regimented schedule probably at a desk all day.  In other words the real world the rest of us who don't shill for jesus on TV have to deal with.

You have made such great points. Most of the feedback is aimed at Anna. “How could she have sex with him?!?!” Etc. Her options are extremely limited, yet she gets the bulk of the blame. 

I did feel some sympathy for Josh (job prospect wise) until I saw him wearing that ridiculous lime green shirt and red shorts  at the big house on Christmas. He still thinks he is hot shit. The golden child. 

If he had become a driver four years ago, when he only had four kids, two or more of which would have qualified for WIC and Medicaid, he might could have afforded to leave Jim Bob’s clutches. But now he has a family of eight - that’s tough. 

• Love 8
Just now, Marshmallow Mollie said:

You have made such great points. Most of the feedback is aimed at Anna. “How could she have sex with him?!?!” Etc. Her options are extremely limited, yet she gets the bulk of the blame. 

I did feel some sympathy for Josh (job prospect wise) until I saw him wearing that ridiculous lime green shirt and red shorts  at the big house on Christmas. He still thinks he is hot shit. The golden child. 

If he had become a driver four years ago, when he only had four kids, two or more of which would have qualified for WIC and Medicaid, he might could have afforded to leave Jim Bob’s clutches. But now he has a family of eight - that’s tough. 

It is hard to leave - ask @Churchhoney.  They would be alone in the world speaking a different language figuratively than anyone they were with.  It takes some strength and motivation to leave and a big adjustment afterwards.  Not everyone can do this.  And not everyone who does it is successful.  

I am surely no fan of theirs, but, it is easy to say "they should".  Picture us - how hard would it be for us to do the same, for whatever reason?

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

A tiny fish in a big pond. Does that add up to being a big fisherman?

Does Smugs and Mrs. Smugs even know the meaning of the word veteran.

I wonder who the heck thinks the Smugs have any relationship or appeal to veterans ... or fishermen, for that matter. 

I'd expect many people in their area to know enough of the legend of Jim Bob (and Joshley) to be aware that Duggars don't enter the Armed Forces. ... or, as far as I know, fish. 

But....ads are usually intended to be aspirational in some way.....so....someone's expecting the image of Josh and Anna to be something people with a veteran/fisherman connection would be attracted to? view positively? aspire to in some way? 

What? 

I'd expect them to say "Ewwwww."

I mean, I get that offering something for free gets takers. .... But I would never imagine that attaching Josh and Anna to it would do anything but decrease the number of takers -- free stuff be damned.....

More baffled now than I was before. 

ETA: Wonder how many known child molesters have been paid to be "the face of our brand." 

Yeah, he was a kid. But still....

WTELF?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

As a proud wife of a veteran and having a long line of veterans in my family history, I am sick to think these two idiots are shilling something for veterans.

Thank you.  My husband, 20 yrs, and I, 3 yrs, are both vets.  I doubt any female vet would be given any gift by fundies.

• Love 17
On 4/27/2019 at 10:31 AM, bigskygirl said:

I secretly hope she finds another man who would step up to the plate to take care of her and the kids, treats her and the kids well, loves her and the kids, and works hard and does not feel the need to "cheat" on her, and is not a man who hides behind his parents and religion when he does something wrong along with blaming the devil for it. A man who treats women with kindness and respect, and does calls out others for the way they live their lives while he is the one who is total ass and has his own dirty little secrets.  I seriously doubt it will actually happen, but a person can always hope.

She will never leave Josh. The only way this marriage will end is if he leaves her and that looks very unlikely at this point. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

A Duggar promoting vets is beyond ironic. Someone with a burner IG account should remind the leghumpers that no Duggar will ever join the military.

They’re like the Romneys - dozens of sons but none have ever joined the military.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

A Duggar promoting vets is beyond ironic. Someone with a burner IG account should remind the leghumpers that no Duggar will ever join the military.

The Duggars are part of God's Army so why join the regular military where they might have to put their lazy selfish behinds on the line to serve and protect heathens who do not follow their train of thought.

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ever since Joy and Austin married, I thought they would be a perfect young military enlisted couple.  Austin would be a success because he works hard,  and Joy has the ability to enjoy life as it comes to her.  

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Ever since Joy and Austin married, I thought they would be a perfect young military enlisted couple.  Austin would be a success because he works hard,  and Joy has the ability to enjoy life as it comes to her.  

And yet that possibility-- like most other possibilities -- will probably never even occur to them. That's one the most crazy-making parts about the Duggars, to me. 

• Love 4