Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Probably she misses the income and lifestyle that came with being on the show. 

Maybe she thinks they can get it back, but TLC doesn't make as many episodes as they used to and they probably would have to share with the other Duggar families (Joe and Kendra, Ben and Jessa, etc.).

• Love 3
(edited)

Sorry Anna but you are not going to be Clown Car 2.0 . If you wereTrying to get to 20 kids as her nephew and the 2 miscarriages do not count in my book. You should of gotten pregnant 3 to 6 months after having each kid.

Edited by Rabbittron
I work graveyard.
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm surprised they can have a sex reveal that early.  She isn't due until the second half of November, which means she's like 3-4 months pregnant.

I wouldn't put it past them to pull out an ultrasound from one of their previous pregnancies and claim it's the new baby, just to have something to compete with the photos of Jessa's new baby, Jeremy's endless stream of artsy pictures of Felicity and the shots of Lauren constantly cradling her invisible baby bump. Notice that they didn't actually reveal the sex gender of the new baby; they probably don't know themselves yet. They're trying to get their "fans" to click onto their boy/girl guessing game to get a share of the attention that the other Duggar pregnancies are getting.

Between this and that video of Josh gathering all his children around him to announce the new pregnancy, it's clear that they're trying to polish up Josh's image and regain some lost ground. And, yes, I think that they ARE delusional enough to believe that they can get themselves back on TV if they can only find the right marketing gimmick. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Sorry Anna but you are not going to be Clown Car 2.0 . If you wereTrying to get to 20 kids as her nephew and the 2 miscarriages do not count in my book. You should of gotten pregnant 3 to 6 months after having each kid.

And, you should have had at least one set of twins by now. Slacker.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

I do often wonder if Anna is clinging to a plan she made when she first got married... basically that she and Josh would be the next generation of 19 Kids and Counting. They are the ones doing a letter theme, they continue to have kid after kid like clockwork, and she tags all her posts #littleduggars. It makes me think that some part of her is still imagining her family as the stars of 19 Kids and Counting 2.0.

It wasn't only Ofsmuggar who had that plan. The media did too -- "first Grandduggar," "first grandson," and playing up the leave-it-up-to-god angle. The media kind of gave it up even before the scandals. Maybe they realized Smuggar isn't visually appealing and was way over having kid after kid (seriously, Mackynzie and Michael are the only kids Smuggar seemed genuinely excited about), or the whole thing just didn't sell. 

Edited by Heathen
To correct my misspelling of the first M'kid's name
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

There are even rumblings that TLC may be interested in bringing Josh back to the show.

Really??  I hate to believe that they are that stupid.  Can you imagine the backlash?

Maybe TLC are done with these people? What a way to kill a show then put Josh back on tv. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He was and always will be a disgusting nasty scumbag. What woman could resist a man who thinks she should always have sex with him regardless of what she wants it’s all about him. If he wasn’t raised in a cult he’d probably still think he’s gods gift to all women. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 6:17 PM, BigBingerBro said:

There are even rumblings that TLC may be interested in bringing Josh back to the show.

Really??  I hate to believe that they are that stupid.  Can you imagine the backlash?

Hey, somebody signed him up to advertise their fishery equipment. ... Even got him to do "influencer" PR for a special sales offer for veterans. 

I'm still scratching my head over what the guy who owns that business was thinking. All I can figure is he owes Jim Bob a bunch of money or Josh saw him burying a body. 

"I need an influencer to increase my sales. Hey, how about Josh Duggar?" 

What????

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Please...Neither one of them are that interesting, and Smugs has burn his bridges aka being on the show.

Yeah, but wishful thinking is a B-i-i-i-i-i-g thing. 

Especially when a realistic look at your life is as anxiety-producing as it would be for Anna Duggar. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, EVS said:

Chance of it being a boy: 50%

Chance of it being a girl: 50%

Chance of it being ignorant, uneducated, and brainwashed: 100%

If it’s a boy he will have some freedom. 

If it’s a girl nope. Baby factory is the only job she can have.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

If it’s a boy he will have some freedom. 

If it’s a girl nope. Baby factory is the only job she can have.

Theoretically this is true. However so far Jill and Jinger seem to have gotten farther away than their brothers. Hopefully this cult self-destructs, before this kid grows up boy or girl.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Temperance said:

Theoretically this is true. However so far Jill and Jinger seem to have gotten farther away than their brothers. Hopefully this cult self-destructs, before this kid grows up boy or girl.  

Jill is married to Deredick, so she still is drinking the Kool-Aid.

• Love 1

Yeah I don't think Jill consciously got away so much as this is the aftermath of Derick being pushed away because of his Twitter shenanigans or him breaking away, not because he disagrees with him, but because he's mad he's no longer on the show. Despite whatever he claims. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

At least Derick got them away from Gothard (unlike Bin).

He may have, but he seems to be slowly going down the I am full of hatred and anger train which is not much better than the bs the Duggars put out by the gallons.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Well, they let Ma and Pa Kettle back on so I assume Josh isn't far behind.

The 2nd coming of Smug. Now the new but not improved 2.0 version. Now more smugy then ever.

• Love 5

I really don't think TLC would put Josh back on the show, but I almost wish they would. The backlash against the Duggars would be ferocious and all the scandals they're trying so hard to bury would be dragged into the spotlight again. Plus, if Josh's public visibility is increased, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a brand-new skeleton we  haven't heard about yet comes tumbling out of the closet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
On 5/31/2019 at 10:34 PM, Mojitogirl said:

Lately, her face looks so strange almost unrecognizable. I think she did Botox on her forehead.

I think it’s the eyebrows.  She’s gone crazy with the eyebrow pencil.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

A couple of days ago I was scrolling through 19 Kids and Counting/Counting On IG fan pages.  The above pics were posted on those fan pages, and you wouldn’t believe the love and respect (those words were used, I kid you not) that these fans have for Josh.  They believe that he has been judged way too harshly and that what he did was “benign”.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.  Oh, and they all want Josh back on the show.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

A couple of days ago I was scrolling through 19 Kids and Counting/Counting On IG fan pages.  The above pics were posted on those fan pages, and you wouldn’t believe the love and respect (those words were used, I kid you not) that these fans have for Josh.  They believe that he has been judged way too harshly and that what he did was “benign”.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.  Oh, and they all want Josh back on the show.

Talk about drowning in the Kool-Aid.

• Love 1

In response to a previous poster, it's very much in tlc's interest to bring Josh back into the fold and on tv. If America accepts this dirtbag on their tvs then tlc can finally try to recoop some of the lost revenue from 19&c through reruns, syndication and dvd sales. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

In response to a previous poster, it's very much in tlc's interest to bring Josh back into the fold and on tv. If America accepts this dirtbag on their tvs then tlc can finally try to recoop some of the lost revenue from 19&c through reruns, syndication and dvd sales. 

They also don't re-run Counting On after the first airing, right?

If they're going to go that route maybe they should just recast Smuggar. There have to be Smuggar look a likes out there. 

• LOL 7
29 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Absolutely. Back in the months after Joshgate, when TLC had pulled all the 19K&C repeats off their schedule, I commented on this issue. They have a friggin' vault full of those old shows that are gathering dust, instead of being shown ad nauseum all over the schedule - and garnering some ad revenue for TLC. I don't know that they'd go so far as DVDs but they have all those hours to fill on all those Discovery related networks. And all those episodes sitting around being radioactive since Joshgate hit all those years ago. Must be driving the TLC beancounters mad.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

They also don't re-run Counting On after the first airing, right?

If they're going to go that route maybe they should just recast Smuggar. There have to be Smuggar look a likes out there. 

Like the guy that sued Joshley for using his image on dating profiles?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Like the guy that sued Joshley for using his image on dating profiles?

😂 He can get his money back!

The snarker in me wants Bobby Moynihan to play Smuggar. Although that might be a bit cruel.

Plus the M'kids might like Bobby as a dad better...

That being said I'm surprised TLC hasn't done a chop job to 19 K&C. Certainly they can take out Josh out of episodes to re-air them? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

That being said I'm surprised TLC hasn't done a chop job to 19 K&C. Certainly they can take out Josh out of episodes to re-air them? 

Would they have to subtract a number from the title, then? Maybe they could just blur his face in the opening credits so Me-chelle can still claim to birth every single one herself, even the ones who can no longer be featured on TV...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Puffin said:

Looks like she’s holding him hostage.

She did that the other week in a picture with Sam(Jill's son). Does holding them in a death grip make her a better grandmother?

Edited by babyhouseman
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I’m holding out for a “Madison.”  

What? Too soon? Nah. 

I'm half asleep.  I didn't get it at first.   I was thinking that they already had a Madison but forgot that was just Josh. 

• LOL 15
On 6/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Would they have to subtract a number from the title, then? Maybe they could just blur his face in the opening credits so Me-chelle can still claim to birth every single one herself, even the ones who can no longer be featured on TV...

Just do a new opening that Michelle gave birth to 19 little blessings. They must have some unseen footage.

I'm very surprised they haven't done some creative editing to get residuals from the episodes. I imagine they'd pull in decent numbers during the daytime with the leg humpers. It's so bizarre to me that once Counting On (kinda) took off that TLC hasn't tested the waters with reruns.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Just do a new opening that Michelle gave birth to 19 little blessings. They must have some unseen footage.

I'm very surprised they haven't done some creative editing to get residuals from the episodes. I imagine they'd pull in decent numbers during the daytime with the leg humpers. It's so bizarre to me that once Counting On (kinda) took off that TLC hasn't tested the waters with reruns.

I've also been a little surprised that they haven't aired any repeats of Counting On. 

Just one thing, not that I'm an expert on this stuff. But AFAIK, there are no "residuals" for reality TV shows like the Duggars'. Of course, TLC receives ad revenue each time they air a repeat episode. That's where the money is.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to scrub Josh out of the 19K&C episodes. It's not just the opening credits, it's the content of the episodes. The ones devoted to his courtship and marriage and kids and move to DC, etc., would have to stay in the vault. And I don't remember, but wasn't he prominently involved in much of the content of other episodes? Being the Crown Prince of the family, Michelle's favorite kid, and all.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm not sure how easy it would be to scrub Josh out of the 19K&C episodes. It's not just the opening credits, it's the content of the episodes. The ones devoted to his courtship and marriage and kids and move to DC, etc., would have to stay in the vault. And I don't remember, but wasn't he prominently involved in much of the content of other episodes? Being the Crown Prince of the family, Michelle's favorite kid, and all.

Yes, I used to watch back in the glory days and Josh was featured pretty heavily in the majority of episodes.  I suppose there are a handful where he had a minor role, but trying to scrub him out of most seasons would result in some very short episodes that would probably not make any sense.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I've also been a little surprised that they haven't aired any repeats of Counting On. 

Just one thing, not that I'm an expert on this stuff. But AFAIK, there are no "residuals" for reality TV shows like the Duggars'. Of course, TLC receives ad revenue each time they air a repeat episode. That's where the money is.

Also being the only kid married for most of the series gave Josh a lot more airtime. 

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Let's keep hoping he never makes a return to the show.

My first reaction was "Amen!" Then on second thought: I wonder what the backlash would be if they did bring him back to the show. Hmm . . . 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I'm always surprised when superfans leave comments on Anna's Instagram saying how much they miss seeing her and Josh on the show. I never thought they added anything spectacular. Josh was always an arrogant jerk, even before the scandals. 

• Love 21

Has Anna ever stopped to think that if she has as many children as the Hairball and Boob have, how will they support them? They certainly won't have income from a television show since her husband isn't allowed on TLC. I doubt the pretend car lot can support that many children? What is her plan?

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Has Anna ever stopped to think that if she has as many children as the Hairball and Boob have, how will they support them? They certainly won't have income from a television show since her husband isn't allowed on TLC. I doubt the pretend car lot can support that many children? What is her plan?

God will provide.  Cause she’s a Duggar.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6