Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Yikes. I wonder if Josh has been more accepted back in their area since time has past. It makes me think that many in the area knew of his past long before it was confirmed in the media.

It's has to be a Fundy business person partnering with him - or a complete idiot - or both.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Duggars are part of God's Army so why join the regular military where they might have to put their lazy selfish behinds on the line to serve and protect heathens who do not follow their train of thought.

The boys are also part of the ALERT faux army.  

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Duggars are part of God's Army so why join the regular military where they might have to put their lazy selfish behinds on the line to serve and protect heathens who do not follow their train of thought.

Aren’t they supposed to be trying to convert us though?

• Love 1

Remember the "pre-scandal" days when Josh proposed to Anna, the build-up to the wedding and then the wedding itself, which was very OTT.   When they were newlyweds, they spoke about having as many babies as God provided, thus following in the footsteps of Meeshell.  I remember thinking - sure they'll be the next generation of 19KAC, Smugs will be set for life.  Then he got the big-boy job in DC and his head ballooned and the scandals came out.  I figured they'd slow it down with the kids and sort of fall off the face of the earth.   Now, it seems like they are slowly and carefully trying to erase the wrongs like they never happened and ever so slowly get back into the limelight.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Remember the "pre-scandal" days when Josh proposed to Anna, the build-up to the wedding and then the wedding itself, which was very OTT.   When they were newlyweds, they spoke about having as many babies as God provided, thus following in the footsteps of Meeshell.  I remember thinking - sure they'll be the next generation of 19KAC, Smugs will be set for life.  Then he got the big-boy job in DC and his head ballooned and the scandals came out.  I figured they'd slow it down with the kids and sort of fall off the face of the earth.   Now, it seems like they are slowly and carefully trying to erase the wrongs like they never happened and ever so slowly get back into the limelight.

Hey, it worked for his parents! .... 

And I have the terrible feeling that JB, M and Joshley have all made this calculation -- and in discussion with each other, too. Shameless jerks. 

I still can't imagine that even a fundie friend (which this must be) actually believes that Josh won't turn off some potential buyers.... And who runs an ad with an element that you're sure will turn off some (any!) potential buyers? It's nuts!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

Add me to the list of people who are baffled Josh is paid spokesman even if it's just a local fishing store.

If it was the other Duggars, it would make sense. Fundies love talking about veterans even if most of them haven't served and won't let their kids serve. Fundies also often love fishing; it's something to do and goes with the 19th century fantasy most of them have.  

But it could be Joe and Kendra; why Josh and Anna?

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

They’re like the Romneys - dozens of sons but none have ever joined the military.

You know I love ya big time.  Yeah.  However, there is no longer a draft. No longer an incentive to serve.  How many Kennedy children have served?  The members of Congress who have served is awful considering the role they play in deciding military matters,  though my House member is a youngish vet who also has advanced degrees in foreign policy.

The last job my husband worked before retirement was Mormon owned and he served in Viet Nam with the owner.

If this is too political, please delete, though perv Joshie started it.🤬

• Love 5
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

She will never leave Josh. The only way this marriage will end is if he leaves her and that looks very unlikely at this point. 

6 kids and he's got metabolic syndrome. There's always leaving feet first.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Add me to the list of people who are baffled Josh is paid spokesman even if it's just a local fishing store.

If it was the other Duggars, it would make sense. Fundies love talking about veterans even if most of them haven't served and won't let their kids serve. Fundies also often love fishing; it's something to do and goes with the 19th century fantasy most of them have.  

But it could be Joe and Kendra; why Josh and Anna?

Or Joy and Austin. Those two are the most believable as spokesmodels for outdoor gear of any kind. I'm not sure Austin has the famewhore gene, though. Who can envision Josh wanting to do anything outdoors?

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Ever since Joy and Austin married, I thought they would be a perfect young military enlisted couple.  Austin would be a success because he works hard,  and Joy has the ability to enjoy life as it comes to her.  

This is probably very true. As a military wife, I've seen a lot of failed marriages/careers due to spouses who were too tied to their families and home communities to ever agree to doing tours outside of their home states. Often this meant the career languished and petered out, or the military spouse did an unaccompanied tour which resulted in the marriage failing way too often.

Maybe it's partly because I was the only child of overly protective Polish immigrant parents who clung firmly to their heritage, but I was thrilled to death to head off to Scotland, Guam, Hawaii, and other places every couple of years. Life was always an adventure!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

It's been how many years since the 1st scandal and then the 2nd scandal?

Time has not helped at all.  Josh is still so repulsive, obnoxious and a fucking lazy idiot. 

The molestations came out May 2015, and Ashley Madison came out in August 2015 I believe. After Ashley Madison Josh was shipped off to Jesus Jail and Anna had Meredith a few weeks earlier (between the Molestation reveal and Ashley Madison). 

• Love 1

So for those of you keeping track, it only takes four years of lying low to overcome molesting your sisters and be back in the public eye. WTF if wrong with Josh, Jim Bob, and Michelle? YOUR ARE NOT STARS. YOU ARE NOT INTERESTING. Go away! To the depths of hell, forever! It's over!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

So for those of you keeping track, it only takes four years of lying low to overcome molesting your sisters and be back in the public eye. WTF if wrong with Josh, Jim Bob, and Michelle? YOUR ARE NOT STARS. YOU ARE NOT INTERESTING. Go away! To the depths of hell, forever! It's over!

That's what you think.... 😃

The Duggars -- and the Duggar TeeVee empire -- are like  zombies. You just can't stop them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Or Joy and Austin. Those two are the most believable as spokesmodels for outdoor gear of any kind. I'm not sure Austin has the famewhore gene, though. Who can envision Josh wanting to do anything outdoors?

I could so see them doing an add for camping equipment or hiking boots..... I don't think Austin would ever do it though. 

and I agree that they would have made a good military couple. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

how many times has he knocked her up since all this happened?

6 hours ago, BrianJ1962 said:

He reminds me of Pee Wee Herman in a dirty movie theater

That was Paul Reubens in that movie theater...not his character.  #ILovePeeWee

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MamaMax said:

how many times has he knocked her up since all this happened?

She was pregnant with #4 when the first scandal broke. Since then they had a boy two years ago and now this pregnancy. 

I think they all suffer from Stockholm syndrome in a way . And JB and MEchelle  are fans of the Pearls (which they now try to hide ) . The "child training" didn't stop with blanket training  for babies , the goal is to create obedient robots for Jesus .

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, lianau said:

I think they all suffer from Stockholm syndrome in a way . And JB and MEchelle  are fans of the Pearls (which they now try to hide ) . The "child training" didn't stop with blanket training  for babies , the goal is to create obedient robots for Jesus .

I believe Michelle is doing a speech on “child training” or similar at the Big Sandy conference right now.

20 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They make me sick.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder if they are living in the TTh. Is so are 

they staying boys with boys and girls with girls?

I think somebody noted background in recent J&A photos indicated they're living in the guesthouse.

• Love 4

For everyone suggesting (very reasonably) that Josh or any of the boys or girls could get trained for a trade or join the military, they won’t do that because it might require them to take instructions/orders from a woman. Or a Muslim, or someone from LGBTQ+ community, or a Wrong-Kind-of-Christian, or an unmarried mother, or someone that has had an abortion, or whatever. That would be unacceptable in their belief system, and I honestly don’t think any of them would be capable of tolerating it for long. 

To be clear, I don’t agree with this view in any way but I do think it’s where they’re coming from.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

There are articles online stating Anna registered a LLC. They all refer to a Facebook page that I haven’t gone to since a victim’s name was posted. The articles show a picture from a newspaper.

• Love 1

Is Smuggar's farm house off the market? I think the house is in Siloam Springs but I no longer see the listing for it. I can't believe it would sell that fast given the asking price verses other properties in the area. It's not listed for rent either.

Pickles reported that Smugs is appealing the "Privacy" lawsuit that he lost (or was thrown out).  Documents included dated May 1.   I hope the courts involved laugh as they shred it up.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

[random extra space, sorry]

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Anna’s virtual location of her LLC perks:

085B4D49-11A0-4A3A-8815-015E3A1662BE.png

"Cyber cafe's"? Cyber cafe's what? So is she starting a place the rents PO boxes or something? I'm confused.

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

[random extra space, sorry]

"Cyber cafe's"? Cyber cafe's what? So is she starting a place the rents PO boxes or something? I'm confused.

My impression is that it is a service that provides a physical address that is not a post office or a home address and gives her the option of having a professional-looking meeting space/an office outside the home if needed. 

Not gonna lie, I started my own home business late last year, and if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere, those options would definitely appeal to me because I basically had to pick providing my home address or a post office box. Not wild about using my home address, but I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't visit the post office frequently enough for that to work. 

The exact purpose of her business and what specific services she is using, though, I'm not sure. My money is on the address being the main thing. I suspect it is a means to provide a little more privacy concerning whatever their home address is now.

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, that above information just indicates the mailing address Anna gave on the company formation documents, IMO (source:  I form corporations for a living, basically, and have for many years now). I say "IMO" because I'm not precisely sure where that particular address came from, because it's not listed under the company's name search record:

https://www.sos.arkansas.gov/corps/search_all.php

There is, however, a "registered agent" (read: faceless conglomerate firm) on the record of Anna's LLC, who is responsible for accepting lawsuit documents if the company is ever sued (a mere statutory requirement; everyone is asked to name one if they are forming any type of business entity in the U.S. states and territories). I agree with @Zella that the DaVinci gang, whoever they are, are functioning as a proxy address so that people don't know Anna's real address, just like UPS, the USPS, Mailboxes Etc., and so forth, provide for a fee.

Edited by queenanne
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2