Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Good thing the bottom drawer on that end table was open, otherwise it would have tumbled over with Ivy in the top drawer. Good thing Ivy was nimble enough not to knock over the plant. Or maybe Jessa set up the entire photo shoot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

The thing that drives me nuts is the boys bedroom, they have to share it with Ben and his bookcases etc. And a big queen sized bed and a toddler bed...it takes up the whole damn room and their beds look like rat nests that they crawl into each night.

If they have to share with Ben then go get a bunkbed for the boys, they'd probably love it and could take turns on who gets to sleep bottom or top and that way they'd have some floor space for playing, it would give Ben more space as well.

• Love 7

I don't think the Duggar kids spent much time in their bedrooms except when sleeping. Since Jessa has the kids' toys and books in the living room, her kids probably aren't spending much time in there unless they're in trouble or sleeping.

ETA: They obviously need a larger home, though. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It looked like Henry and Ivy hiked to the garden together.  That’s how child abductions happen.  These people are fools.

Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped from her bedroom, Jaycee Dugard while walking to the school bus stop in a semi-rural area. I can go on and on. Suffocating one's children won't necessarily keep them from harm. 

Topic: Ivy looks a lot like Jinger, to me. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped from her bedroom, Jaycee Dugard while walking to the school bus stop in a semi-rural area. I can go on and on. Suffocating one's children won't necessarily keep them from harm. 

Topic: Ivy looks a lot like Jinger, to me. 

There’s a huge difference between giving your children normal freedoms and actively choosing to exploit them on tv, YouTube, and SM.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

There’s a huge difference between giving your children normal freedoms and actively choosing to exploit them on tv, YouTube, and SM.

Did I miss an announcement that a Duggar child had been kidnapped? Point: it's disingenuous to say that child abductions happen because someone didn't watch their children on their gated property. 

Topic: I think Henry is the cutest of the Seewald children so far. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Spurgeon is going to be the smuggest, most obnoxious Duggar ever if Jessa doesn't watch it. Plus, put the damn phone down and start interacting when your children do something potentially harmful.

I think it might already be too late to save Spurgeon. He has princess Jessa as a mom. 😢

• Love 4

Ben or at least his knees & lower legs made an appearance in the garden video. IIRC, jessa told Ivy to give Daddy a small tomato or whatever else she was munching on. The picture panned to a pair of legs wearing longer shorts and at first I thought it was Jessa wearing the shorts but then realized it was Ben.  It gave me the vapors for a moment.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Those children are way too young to be allowed to wander off without supervision - anywhere!

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Ben or at least his knees & lower legs made an appearance in the garden video. IIRC, jessa told Ivy to give Daddy a small tomato or whatever else she was munching on. The picture panned to a pair of legs wearing longer shorts and at first I thought it was Jessa wearing the shorts but then realized it was Ben.  It gave me the vapors for a moment.  

Ben was the voice of reason who said, “I think we need to get these kids some dinner.” or something along those lines.  He recognized that if a kid is eating pepper after pepper from the garden, then he’s most likely hungry.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ivy’s features seem to be coming together. She may yet be a very pretty girl. Too bad about the giant feet and cankles, but there are worse things. Hopefully someone will point her in the direction of stylish boots in the future. 

On 10/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, Suzn said:

Those children are way too young to be allowed to wander off without supervision - anywhere!

Gated property or Ben and Jessa's much smaller home -- either one can contain numerous hazards for small children.  Keeping a sharp eye on small ones who are going through a stage of growing abilities at the same time their ability to understand dangers is in no way suffocating or even stifling exploration and/or independence.  

• Love 9
On 10/18/2020 at 11:15 AM, Genevrier said:

Ivy’s features seem to be coming together. She may yet be a very pretty girl. Too bad about the giant feet and cankles, but there are worse things. Hopefully someone will point her in the direction of stylish boots in the future. 

Cankles at Ivy's age don't mean she'll still have them at age five or six.  A lot of kids outgrow them.

Edited by Absolom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 10/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, Genevrier said:

I don't get letting kids play in and on the furniture this way.  This all looks precarious to me.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

If having cankles is the worst thing that happens to her she will have a good life.

I hope she grows up to be fierce and confident enough in herself to not care too much about her appearance. But with vain Jessa as a mother, that seems unlikely.

• Love 5

Have they been posting any more about the Hogs? It cracked me up that they were making a big deal out of a game that nobody else seemed to care about. But now that the Hogs seem to be on a roll and everyone else I know in Arkansas is going batshit crazy about them on social media--I include usually skeptical myself in that--they seem to have lost interest. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Zella said:

Have they been posting any more about the Hogs? It cracked me up that they were making a big deal out of a game that nobody else seemed to care about. But now that the Hogs seem to be on a roll and everyone else I know in Arkansas is going batshit crazy about them on social media--I include usually skeptical myself in that--they seem to have lost interest. 

We have close relatives in Fayetteville, and were lucky enough to go to a hogs game two years ago. It was ELECTRIC in the stadium. So much fun. The band was great, too! And they won, so our dinner after the game was very celebratory.The Duggars should be very excited about their local team.  Woooooooooo, Pig! Sooie!

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Those kids are bored to death in that little house.

Ivy is probably fine, but Henry and Spurgeon should be in nursery school, at least a couple of days a week. Those poor little boys, everyday must be groundhog's day for them. And for Jessa too. They seem to alternate between home and the TTH, so Jessa goes from one couch to another and the boys go from cramped and unstimulating to an echo chamber of pure chaos. 

It'll be even sadder in a couple of years. Spurge and Henry will be 7 and 6, likely with two younger siblings, staring at the same four walls, day after day, with another small body cramped in there.

If Jessa and Ben insist on this life for their kids they should at least buy a bigger house that allows for some separation, with a nice, safe, fenced in yard. They should also have some type of schedule that resembles the real world. 

Bored now, with only more boredom in their future.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ben and several of his siblings have them. 

That was one of the first things I noticed about Ben....

He looked normal enough when I first saw him but then I saw him in shorts and I couldn't believe his calves and ankles... They looked like soft pudgy women's legs, no definition or muscles and he had on Keds with white ankle socks like a school girl would wear.

I seriously wondered if he was into girls or if he thought they were icky!

• LOL 8
On 10/18/2020 at 1:40 PM, MunichNark said:

Spurgeon is going to be the smuggest, most obnoxious Duggar ever if Jessa doesn't watch it. Plus, put the damn phone down and start interacting when your children do something potentially harmful.

Surely no one can be as smug as Josh? 

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Love2dance said:

We have close relatives in Fayetteville, and were lucky enough to go to a hogs game two years ago. It was ELECTRIC in the stadium. So much fun. The band was great, too! And they won, so our dinner after the game was very celebratory.The Duggars should be very excited about their local team.  Woooooooooo, Pig! Sooie!

That's awesome! 🙂 I have lived here most of my life, and I still am in a little bit of awe over how diehard most Hogs fans are, especially considering how poorly they have been playing for a long time. We have a rule at our library to not schedule events during a Hogs game. No matter how bad they're playing, people will get up and leave during the middle of whatever you're doing to watch the Hogs. Actual quote: "I'm sorry, mister, this has been a great presentation, but we have to leave. The Hogs are on in 10." 

Did you get to call the Hogs? One time the fans did this in a press conference for a new coach, I swear to God, he looked like he was ready to bolt out the door. 😂

Back on topic: I guess what stands out to me with the Duggars is there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to when they post about the Hogs. They have posted enough that I am sure they do watch games, but they also seem to be sporadic about it. Like, it's weird to me that more than one of them made such a big deal out of watching that one late game (didn't Anna also post about it?), but now none of them seems to care about the Hogs beating Ole Miss. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Love2dance said:

There is nothing more exciting than big time college football in a stadium full of fans with a talented marching band.  When I was looking for colleges, I told my father I wanted to go someplace with a good football team because I wanted that to be part of my social life.  My dad was somewhat skeptical of my criteria; but suggested Notre Dame because he liked the fight song and the fact that they played the service academies.  He couldn't afford to send me there, however.  I lucked out and went to Ohio State which has the best dam*ed band in the land and have never regretted it.  It is hard to describe the excitement in the atmosphere at a game, especially a Big 10 game, and Michigan Saturday is off the charts.  National championship games are also fun, especially when your team wins.  Highlight of my life as a sports fan.

The Duggars are just wanna-be Hogs though.  It doesn't count if no one in the family ever attended the school, let alone graduated.  I had a cousin who did a graduate program at U of Arkansas and I just remember he sent his younger brother a red plastic hat shaped like a razor back.  Very classy.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Like, it's weird to me that more than one of them made such a big deal out of watching that one late game (didn't Anna also post about it?), but now none of them seems to care about the Hogs beating Ole Miss. 

Maybe they don't understand how the whole thing works. 

Wouldn't surprise me. 

• Love 5

Was the opposing team part of an ongoing rivalry? Like the Sox playing the Yankees? We have Thanksgiving game every year in our area of two rival high schools. Everyone shows up for that one game, and then many don't pay any attention to the rest of the season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Was the opposing team part of an ongoing rivalry? Like the Sox playing the Yankees? We have Thanksgiving game every year in our area of two rival high schools. Everyone shows up for that one game, and then many don't pay any attention to the rest of the season.

No, it was Mississippi State. Ole Miss (aka Ole Piss by less civilized Razorback fans), LSU, and Mizzou (though that one seems sort of artificially manufactured in recent years to me) are way more heated rivalries for the Hogs. That's why it's weird to me that they weren't going crazy about Arkansas beating Ole Miss this weekend. 

Edited to add: I know a lot of older Hogs fans who hate Texas teams, but I think that is a holdover from before Arkansas joined the SEC. I grew up concentrating more on LSU and then Ole Miss. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

he sent his younger brother a red plastic hat shaped like a razor back.  Very classy.

I have Razorback slippers that look like giant hogs, and they're the only slippers I ever wear. I'm not going to judge. 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I thought they called Michelle Lolli? In that video the grandkids were calling Michelle grandma many times. They are full of it. I think Pops and Lolli as just something Anna invented in her post.

Actually, I think Jessa is the one who tried to make that stick and Anna went along with it. I'm thinking Jessa was a little late in the game, seeing as Mack had already been around for 6 years, calling Michelle Grandma. 

• Love 4

So another example of Jessa losing one of her kids? Or a picture of her poor parenting and blaming it on the kid? Either way, I think it takes her out of the running for MOTY.

And what about that picture does she think is so special that makes it worthy of a cute or embarrassing graduation/wedding slideshow moment? The photo is cute enough because Henry is cute, but it really is nothing special.

• Love 10