Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Spurgeon, just go to bed. The Hogs will do nothing but blow the lead and piss you off.*

*Spoken from years of personal grief 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hey, I found the AR game on the $EC Channel!

eta: It got pretty wild at the end, but Arkansas held on to win!

I've been afraid to watch their games for years and just opt for checking news updates every Saturday. LOL Maybe they finally are on the upswing. 

Cropped for privacy but this FB post from that was making the rounds in Arkansas last year sort of sums up how I've felt about the Hogs for awhile.

Razorbacks.jpg.b39604087e3abc5682cd5fb5680b639d.jpg

Joking about the Hogs aside, I wonder if Ben spends time thinking about how different his life had been if rather than getting married to a Duggar daughter at 19, he had gone to the U of A and gotten a degree. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
49 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Why don’t they just get a TV? 

I know that some kids watch way too much TV but no TV at All is so extreme.

It's not that difficult to monitor the TV watching especially when kids are young and there's a lot of good programs for children, nature shows, learning shows like Sesame Street, Disney's has a lot of good programs for children.... I can't imagine how desperate poor little Spurgeon is for something interesting that he'll sit up watching sports on a little laptop.

• Love 5

I don't have a TV & it doesn't seem to bother my grandchildren when they visit. They're just as happy watching videos on my phone as they are watching on my 30 inch computer screen. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have a tv... as the monitor for my computer.  They can put away the laptop, which is a plus with kids sometimes.  Like the TV being there means it must be on.  Out of sight, out of mind and all.

• Love 3

If Henry was put down, they might not have been sitting right there very long.  Most likely they started out with it on the dining room table and moved to the couch to get the kids more relaxed for bed.

Also, I put my laptop on my lap, on a pillow all the time.  At least for a short period of time anyway.  I sometimes wish I could still do that, but this computer is a bit more unwieldy.  

10 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm not a parent, so I don't know...but it is strange that Henry was put down before Ivy? You would think the youngest would be put down first and the oldest would be put down last.

I get the impression they put Henry to bed because he fell asleep. Personally, I would have done my utmost to put Ivy to bed also after that happened (because she clearly seems to be up past her time now) and left Spurge to enjoy being the big kid on his own.

But maybe they tried that....and... I don't know...Ivy had such a fit that Bin and Spurge couldn't even watch the game or something....Who knows.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm not a parent, so I don't know...but it is strange that Henry was put down before Ivy? You would think the youngest would be put down first and the oldest would be put down last.

i have 4 grands and the 18mo old is the last to go to bed because she is the only one who still takes naps during the day and the only one who doesn't need to get up at 7am for virtual school.

I too, thought Henry was tired and just fell asleep. maybe football bores him or he gets up super early, so gets tired earlier. we have 1 grand who is awake every morning at 6 am.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Why don’t they just get a TV? 

It's all about the brand..."Look! We don't have a TV!"

56 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I get the impression they put Henry to bed because he fell asleep.

Maybe Henry didn't want to spend time in his place of birth. Ick. That couch.

Has Jessa been spotted in her Old Navy Medium Tall swing dresses yet?

• LOL 18
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Also, I put my laptop on my lap, on a pillow all the time.  At least for a short period of time anyway.  I sometimes wish I could still do that, but this computer is a bit more unwieldy.  

Part of my job is IT, you shouldn't put your laptop on a pillow, it blocks the fan airflow and it can cause your laptop to overheat. Overheated laptop is a dead laptop. Handy hint.

And Ben doesn't care because he can just buy a new one with all the money they have, right?

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

In defense of the laptop on a pillow thing, I also have a Macbook Air and they are so lightweight and rarely get super hot, especially if you're just streaming a video.

Also, I have a feeling they don't "put down" their kids.  I suspect they drop off whenever and then are carried to the bedroom.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

In defense of the laptop on a pillow thing, I also have a Macbook Air and they are so lightweight and rarely get super hot, especially if you're just streaming a video.

Also, I have a feeling they don't "put down" their kids.  I suspect they drop off whenever and then are carried to the bedroom.  

No, Jessa showed us what they do before bedtime. Ben wrestles with them to get their energy out so that they'll be all tired by the time they go to sleep!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

No, Jessa showed us what they do before bedtime. Ben wrestles with them to get their energy out so that they'll be all tired by the time they go to sleep!

at least that one time for a video

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

The kids don't have school and Jessa wasn't raised with a schedule, plus they spend a lot of time at the big house, so bedtime & nap time is probably whenever & wherever the kids fall asleep. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The kids don't have school and Jessa wasn't raised with a schedule, plus they spend a lot of time at the big house, so bedtime & nap time is probably whenever & wherever the kids fall asleep. 

That is two areas where their cousins, Israel and Sam, are way ahead of them. I really wonder what effect living in the real world will have on their relationships.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jessa is probably pregnant already. No pics of her lately.

She was doing that before, but then it turned out she wasn't pregnant. She probably is pregnant, because Ivy is 16 months. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

She was doing that before, but then it turned out she wasn't pregnant. She probably is pregnant, because Ivy is 16 months. 

Yes, it seems this is one of the games Jessa plays. She stops posting pictures of herself to encourage speculation of a pregnancy and gain hits on her SM. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, it seems this is one of the games Jessa plays. She stops posting pictures of herself to encourage speculation of a pregnancy and gain hits on her SM. 

...and no one cares. Even is it's twins!

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

...and no one cares. Even is it's twins!

4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

. . . and even if it's possibly adopted twins!

*Jessa sobs into Diaper Mountain because she doesn't have a pocket square* 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 15
On 10/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Temperance said:

I love Starbucks cake pops in their various flavors including the one Henry got. 

Apparently lots of fundie love Starbucks cake pops. Carlin is biting into one in a photo on Bates girls boutique. Carlin and the cake pop

There are two photos. Be sure to see the second one. 

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Henry doesn't GAF, Ivy is petrified she's going to fall off, Spurgie is waiting for his close up.  Little poser.

Spurgeon doesn't have the cognitive abilities to be a poser. He's four and the only positive attention he gets is when he shines for the camera, so of course he is going to put on his best happy face when he sees it. It's a damn shame that these are the skills Jessa and Ben are actively promoting, but it's not his fault his parents suck.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

Spurgeon doesn't have the cognitive abilities to be a poser. He's four and the only positive attention he gets is when he shines for the camera, so of course he is going to put on his best happy face when he sees it. It's a damn shame that these are the skills Jessa and Ben are actively promoting, but it's not his fault his parents suck.

Exactly. It's depressing as heck to see them constantly molding him in this way. And the fact that he's probably not going to get any other significant influences for a long long time, if ever, makes it even worse. But Jessa sees her livelihood depending on the kids performing for the camera. Another example of how being handed fame for fame's sake can really make things worse for people.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Nysha said:

Spurgeon doesn't have the cognitive abilities to be a poser.

I do not know what this means.  I didn't think there was a cognitive factor in posing for pictures. 

Spurgeon poses constantly, and his siblings have so far shown that sometimes they are just not into it.  My niece got to about 4 before the constant picture taking and "smile, come on look at me, smile" became too much and she started to vocally oppose having her picture taken.  Her cousin has never minded.  They are both 10 now and one still hates it and the other still doesn't care.  Kids are different.  I really hope that Jessa's kids are allowed to be themselves and that they aren't forced to follow Spurgeon's lead.

ETA:  My niece was in a very uncommon situation with picture taking.  Her aunt has mental and physical handicaps and copied all the gushing picture taking that happened when the child was an infant and toddler and was extremely pushy and demanding that she get millions of pictures on a daily basis.  They lived together and it became a source of stress for the little girl who wasn't old enough to understand why her aunt was constantly in her face with an ipad and demanding smiles and poses.  I mention this not because it's comparable with Spurge and his mom, but only to explain that the poor kid wasn't being exploited or something.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I do not know what this means.  I didn't think there was a cognitive factor in posing for pictures. 

Spurgeon poses constantly, and his siblings have so far shown that sometimes they are just not into it.  My niece got to about 4 before the constant picture taking and "smile, come on look at me, smile" became too much and she started to vocally oppose having her picture taken.  Her cousin has never minded.  They are both 10 now and one still hates it and the other still doesn't care.  Kids are different.  I really hope that Jessa's kids are allowed to be themselves and that they aren't forced to follow Spurgeon's lead.

I think @Nysha was referring to a poser/poseur in this sense:

a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others..

• Love 14
1 hour ago, CouchTater said:

I think @Nysha was referring to a poser/poseur in this sense:

a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others..

Yes, I've never heard/read poser being used in the literal sense of someone who poses. It's always been used to negatively describe someone who isn't authentic yet deliberately tries to pose so he/she looks authentic. Kind of like the majority of the pictures Jeremy & Jinger post of their perfect big-city christian life. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 21
8 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I may be in the minority but Ivy is not a pretty kid....neither is Spurgeon. Ok there, I said it.

I think Ivy is going to have a feisty personality, and give Jessa a run for her money.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4