Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

If I'm remembering correctly, a few years ago, in an episode when Jana comes to help Jessa prepare for Henry, Jessa did grab Spurgie's shoulder. I think 1 year old Spurge was playing in an infant bouncy seat, Jessa became frustrated for some reason and grabbed him harshly.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

OK I'll go out on a limb and say that I don't think Lissy is a pretty baby either, she's got Jeremy's bird beak nose and Jinger's dark sunken eyeballs.

When Ivy loses some baby fat and her features show as more refined, she may be pretty, but I think Lissy is a homely baby.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Suzn said:

When Ivy loses some baby fat and her features show as more refined, she may be pretty, but I think Lissy is a homely baby.

I never thought that Lissy was a particularly cute baby even back when she was smaller, but I do think that she has a fighting chance of growing up to be quite striking. Not necessarily beautiful - I think she will have fairly sharp features - but if she somehow develops the right mix of confidence, style, and likeability, she could appear quite stunning. Then again, most people with those attributes manage to seem extraordinarily attractive whether they have classic features or not.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I bet Ivy and Jessa will go toe-to-toe.  I am certain that outside of camera range that Jessa is a teeth-clenched, upper-arm-gripping, threat-hissing mother

I have no doubt.  I also don't think Ivy is a particularly pretty little kid, Spurgeon is just ok, in my book.  To me, Henry is the best of the bunch lookswise, it isn't even close.  Right now, Ivy's eyes are too big for her face and she has that Angela Merkel thing going on.  I'd like to see what AM looked like as a toddler to see if that's the direction she's headed.  AM has many fine qualities, I am sure, but nobody would mistake her for a great beauty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

If I were going to have a "unique" phase, I'd much rather it happen young. I have a cousin who was gorgeous as a child but puberty didn't agree with her and she hit the wall as a teen. 

I think both Ivy and Felicity will turn out good looking. If you consider the J'Slaves, they were all late bloomers. The Duggar boys were the reverse, cherubic as little ones, paunchy and greasy as adults.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

OK I'll go out on a limb and say that I don't think Lissy is a pretty baby either, she's got Jeremy's bird beak nose and Jinger's dark sunken eyeballs.

Hee!  At my house we call it an eagle beak.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It seems to me both Ivy and Spurgeon had small windows when they were very cute.  I thought Ivy was "doll-baby" gorgeous in her infant stage.  I'm not sure what's happened, but she's taken a turn...

I think Jill's boys are handsome. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I have no doubt.  I also don't think Ivy is a particularly pretty little kid, Spurgeon is just ok, in my book.  To me, Henry is the best of the bunch lookswise, it isn't even close.  Right now, Ivy's eyes are too big for her face and she has that Angela Merkel thing going on.  I'd like to see what AM looked like as a toddler to see if that's the direction she's headed.  AM has many fine qualities, I am sure, but nobody would mistake her for a great beauty.

AM has many great qualities that are far more important than her looks.

• Love 16

Henry was cute, at least to me, when he was Grumpy Baby.  Now he's even cuter, but sadly, he will probably never outshine his older Jessa-Look-Alike brother, at least to his dear momma.  

How are these people traveling and socializing willy-nilly, amid a pandemic, without getting themselves or others sick?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Henry was cute, at least to me, when he was Grumpy Baby.  Now he's even cuter, but sadly, he will probably never outshine his older Jessa-Look-Alike brother, at least to his dear momma.  

How are these people traveling and socializing willy-nilly, amid a pandemic, without getting themselves or others sick?

Exactly! I am soooo sick and tired of these idiots not taking it seriously. I read that Dr. Fauci‘s daughters have already decided not to visit for Thanksgiving. It’s just not worth the risk.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

I find Mary-yella not cute. And Evelyn. I like ivy’s looks, and all of jessa’s kids!  Jill’s Sam is a cutie but I’ve never found Israel attractive. Reminds me too much of Deertick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I think Jessa's kids look decent. I think of all the grandchildren right now, the best looking one by far is Sam. He has really striking features. The least attractive baby to me is Addison. I think all of the other kids generally look cute and fall somewhere in between.

• Love 3
On 10/7/2020 at 5:42 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

I may be in the minority but Ivy is not a pretty kid....neither is Spurgeon. Ok there, I said it.

Ivy is kind of odd-looking, but she may grow into her looks at some stage. It’s very hard to predict what toddlers will look like as adults. Lissy is plain, but seems bright and cheerful.

• Love 2

I think Jana wears pants. She has decided she needs to appeal to wider range of guys and she's started to wear pants so seem less fundie. This is the second time it looks like pants and no skirts. Considering she's 30, she should dress as she wants.  She also should be social distancing from Jessa, but it's par for the course with these people. 

Jessa might want to think about Morgan Wallen and the possible consequences of not even appearing to social distance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think Jana wears pants. She has decided she needs to appeal to wider range of guys and she's started to wear pants so seem less fundie. This is the second time it looks like pants and no skirts. Considering she's 30, she should dress as she wants.  She also should be social distancing from Jessa, but it's par for the course with these people. 

Jessa might want to think about Morgan Wallen and the possible consequences of not even appearing to social distance. 

Jessa's not going to get canceled from anything. That doesn't make her failures to socially distance any better. 

At this point, it's obvious that the Duggars just paid lip service to the entire notion of masking and distancing for TLC's cameras (or their own, so they claimed). They were having unmasked family nights back in April or May, as stupidly documented by Anna.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1602217456647116575928.jpg

image.png

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Is Jana wearing pants?...

Nope, don't think so.

It's a skirt over leggings. On her right knee, you can see where the (navy?) skirt stops and the (black?) leggings begin. And on her left thigh you can see a seam down the side of the skirt (which leggings don't have) and wrinkles that you never see with leggings under her butt.

They probably spent 10 minutes arranging her clothes so people would wonder and speculate about Jana wearing pants. Jessa the posing-and-facetuning-for-mystery woman took the photo, after all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
On 10/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Does Jessa read here? Now we get homeschooling curriculum.

My son was an avid reader at a very young age so I don't know if that is what a 5 year old reads. My son was reading simple books by 2. So Michelle used that? Back when she actually taught her kids! 

• Love 2

Based on Common Core standards and what is being taught at the local elementary school, Spurgeon is doing fine reading.  The expectation is that by the end of kindergarten average children will be able to read very simple books such as the ones he's reading now or just slightly more advanced. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, EVS said:

I guess I’m in the minority. I think Ivy is adorable. I love her big eyes. 

I agree.  I think she’s a little doll, but I also love her personality.  I find myself with a big goofy smile every time I watch her videos.

• Love 8

I think Ivy is way cuter than Felicity. But Jessa’s kids have always been cute to me. Felicity just has very plain features and never had that cute baby look. Her face looks grown up to me other than it being small. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I hope Jessa doesn’t stomp out Ivy’s personality. 

I think that's an absolute given and there is no hope for any of the Duggar children who are in the TTH orbit. Might be some hope for the kids Jill and Jinger have. But brainwashing can be for life.

• Love 7
On 10/9/2020 at 4:20 PM, EVS said:

I guess I’m in the minority. I think Ivy is adorable. I love her big eyes. 

Same. I do think she looks like Angela Merkel, but I also don't think she's an unattractive kid. I think her eyes are striking. I may be biased because when I was in elementary school I was teased for having big eyes. (Which seemed like a weird thing to be picked on about. I have much worse features to target.) 

• Love 7