Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 9/14/2020 at 12:38 AM, lascuba said:

I tend to think Jessa lies about her feelings more than actual events (though she does lie about tangible events as well). And I know the general belief is that Ben is constantly henpecked by Jessa, but I think she caters to his ego a lot of the time. Jessa also has a pathological need to prove people wrong about their correct assumptions about her specifically and fundies in general. With that in mind, I'm going to believe her when she says that Ben wrestles with the kids before bedtime. And, sure, it's possible that her kids are different from the vast majority and this actually tires them out rather than riles them up, but it's more likely that Ben's doing it thinking it tires them out, and Jessa bites her tongue on that because she's already asked him to do/not to do xyz and this is a compromise to keep him sweet.

So the benefits are:

• A fuck you to the heathens who say that fundie men don't do any childcare.
  • A passive aggressive way to encourage Ben to continue spending one-on-one time with the kids so she gets a bit of a break, even though it ends up being more work for her down the line.
  • A fuck you to the haters who say they're unhappy with each other.

This would all be just like Jessa--having a specific goal in mind with her social media posts but wildly missing the mark because the general public is smarter than she is.

I think it’s Ben who bites his tongue to keep the peace. I remember him saying in a talking head that does that with Jessa

• Love 3
On 9/20/2020 at 10:35 AM, Scarlett45 said:

IMO there’s a big difference between “less than clean”(like dust or dirty floors) and human/animal waste just laying about!!

I grew up in a home with adults in diapers (my sister still wears diapers full time and my grandfather did at the end of his life)- I probably had as much experience with that as Jessa did growing up. It would never occur to me to leave the diaper on the table. You wrap it in a plastic bag, tie that up, throw it in the big trash- and take the big trash out EOD (or when it’s full).  

Basic infant care is something Jessa should know like the back of her hand. I legit wonder how they wash their hands seeing someone of their habits (shudder). 

To be fair to Jessa, she likely learned a lot of basic infant care by watching peers (sisters) who were learning as they were going along and then following along herself.   I don't even see her mother, you know the one who's famous by virtue of being the mother of 19, having enough interest in what was going on in that house to see to it that her daughters were instructed in childcare before being assigned a brood to care for. 

• Love 7

Ivy is adorable and has some resemblances to Felicity.  I hope Jessa allows her to continue to express herself.

I think she really needs to tame Spurgeon's hair.  He's developing a bit of a tendency to resemble Mykelti's husband on Sister Wives.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Except Henry is shoeless in the last couple pics.  He may just be one of those kids who takes his shoes off at every opportunity.

My cousin's son took his shoes and shirt off at every opportunity when he was that age. It would tickle me if Henry was the same way because I feel like it would drive Jessa crazy. 

Edited by emma675d
  • LOL 5

I'm guessing Ivy won't be subjected to Jessa's faux-hawk hair cuts, so her light waves will get weighed down and her hair will no longer be 'curly'. I wonder if in the next couple of years when Ivy's hair grows in, Jessa will finally give the boys real hair cuts and actually comb their hair. Can't be having the brothers having 'nicer' hair than the sister.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I mean it looks like they’re in their house, and I rarely wear shoes at home. I’d probably put some on if I was getting dressed up like that though. 

I'm guessing maybe a, before church picture.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

And no one has shoes on, lol.

This was the text that went with it. 🤣🤣🤣

16577BFC-FF6F-4BB1-8BB0-7B0017660B6C.png

2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

And no one has shoes on, lol.

Always hillbillies.

First step to creating a “delightful” place for kids to grow up in - Grift a free house from daddy or the church!

• LOL 22

Them not wearing shoes inside actually doesn't bother me (I personally find it weird when people wear shoes in their house), but I am in fact a hillbilly who runs around barefoot all the time too. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Always hillbillies.

How are these people 'already experts'?  Because they've managed to put tab A into slot B and made some babies? What is peaceful or delightful for Jessa's kids living in a house that gets dusted once every 6 months, where dirty diapers pile up on the furniture and where no one even wipes off the stove before cooking a meal?

How is it peaceful or delightful for Felicity to be raised as an accessory to her parents; being photographed nearly every waking minute and being dragged around to restaurants to pose?

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Them not wearing shoes inside actually doesn't bother me (I personally find it weird when people wear shoes in their house), but I am in fact a hillbilly who runs around barefoot all the time too. 😁

I am usually barefoot in the house, but would put on shoes for photos!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I am usually barefoot in the house, but would put on shoes for photos!

I have no shame. LOLOL I probably should. I have some big-ass feet for a woman my height. 😉 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Always hillbillies.

First step to creating a “delightful” place for kids to grow up in - Grift a free house from daddy or the church!

And make sure to include a Bible and a fig leaf plant.

• LOL 6
45 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh I never wear shoes inside either but I also don’t wear a dress jacket inside   like Bin and Henry are in the picture. I didn’t see the description about them being experts with invaluable advice 🤦🏽‍♀️ That is hilarious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I have no shame. LOLOL I probably should. I have some big-ass feet for a woman my height. 😉 

Join the club! I am 5'3". and have size 9 (to 9 1/2) feet. Wide. And flat. I also only wear shoes under protest, and there are, in fact, plenty of pictures to prove it. I will wear shoes and play nice when I am out and about or at someone else's house, but at home, I'm always barefoot. I'm not really a hillbilly, though...my dad tried until his dying day to instill the importance of shoes into me, but it never stuck.

It wouldn't even register in my mind that they were not wearing shoes in that photo unless someone pointed it out. I just don't find it a particularly interesting detail, but that's just me.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Join the club! I am 5'3". and have size 9 (to 9 1/2) feet. I also only wear shoes under protest, and there are, in fact, plenty of pictures to prove it. I will wear shoes and play nice when I am out and about or at someone else's house, but at home, I'm always barefoot. I'm not really a hillbilly, though...my dad tried until his dying day to instill the importance of shoes into me, but it never stuck.

It wouldn't even register in my mind that they were not wearing shoes in that photo unless someone pointed it out. I just don't find it a particularly interesting detail, but that's just me.

Okay that's funny. We are pretty similar. I'm 5'4" and am rocking 10W feet. I can get away with non-wide men's shoes that are 8.5 and I often just buy those instead. 😁

• Love 3
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

How are these people 'already experts'?  Because they've managed to put tab A into slot B and made some babies? What is peaceful or delightful for Jessa's kids living in a house that gets dusted once every 6 months, where dirty diapers pile up on the furniture and where no one even wipes off the stove before cooking a meal?

How is it peaceful or delightful for Felicity to be raised as an accessory to her parents; being photographed nearly every waking minute and being dragged around to restaurants to pose?

They’re Duggars. They were born “experts.” 

• LOL 10
21 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Fellow big feet gals, my peeps! I’m 5’7 with size 9 1/2 feet. In my defense I also have a giant head to balance it out. 

Given the housekeeping skills we’ve seen at the Seewald house, I would definitely wear shoes inside. 

I’m 5’7” with 9.5 feet, too!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Okay that's funny. We are pretty similar. I'm 5'4" and am rocking 10W feet. I can get away with non-wide men's shoes that are 8.5 and I often just buy those instead. 😁

I technically am a 10W and usually wear 11s.  But, according to my drivers license I am 5'8" so my feet are more balanced. 

• Love 1

That is a newer slide and it looks to be getting moldy like the last one.

I had kids, slides really aren't that exciting, especially when the slide is barely a body length long. Maybe they're using it with their cars and trucks, but even then the novelty wears off quickly.

Spurgeon will be 5 soon. I wonder if he'll attend 'school' at the TTH, or will Jessa do it alone?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

That is a newer slide and it looks to be getting moldy like the last one.

I had kids, slides really aren't that exciting, especially when the slide is barely a body length long. Maybe they're using it with their cars and trucks, but even then the novelty wears off quickly.

Spurgeon will be 5 soon. I wonder if he'll attend 'school' at the TTH, or will Jessa do it alone?

It wouldn't surprise me if she sent him to the TTH but denied it. If she doesn't post about homeschooling him and gets defensive when asked, we will know. 😁

• Love 9

I will say in Jessa and Ben’s defense, at least they’re saving their money for the future. Those two must have the money to buy a bigger house and drive new cars, and they don’t. They live in that tiny mold house and still drive that crappy white van. They don’t go on fancy dates, buy expensive clothes, or even hire a housekeeper. They have to be making at least $150K a year between the show, their Instagram followers, and their YouTube channel. In fact, I’d bet they’re making more than that, but they don’t spend their money the way Jing and Jere seem to. I think they are setting themselves up for their own Duggar compound some day, debt free. If I had to predict the future, I’d say Jessa and Ben end up with a 3000 square foot house on 15 acres of land in the next five years. By then they’ll have at least six kids, so they’ll be able to justify the size of the house too. 

I also think Jessa is the smartest of the bunch. She knows what’s up, and I don’t think she has any delusions of grandeur about who she is, what she wants, or how the public perceives her, and for that, she’s actually my favorite. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

I’d say Jessa and Ben end up with a 3000 square foot house on 15 acres of land in the next five years.

Jessa has always said that she wanted to live in a small shack, but she may be forced to expand that idea if her family grows further.  Especially if they end up adopting.

1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Jessa has always said that she wanted to live in a small shack, but she may be forced to expand that idea if her family grows further.  Especially if they end up adopting.

I don’t think those two will ever adopt. Anyway, who in their right mind would give them a child? 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I don’t think those two will ever adopt. Anyway, who in their right mind would give them a child? 

Pretty much any judge or adoption agency in the country. The only issue right now is they don't have enough bedrooms. You can have more than 2 children in a room as long as they all have their own beds, but boys and girls are generally expected to be separated after the oldest turns 5.

While we don't have any proof Ben has a paying job, we don't have any proof he doesn't. Their house is adequately clean, the children and their clothes are well-kept, and the kids seem to be happy and healthy. A lot of adoptive parents home school, spank, and have strict evangelical beliefs. As long as there aren't any red flags that the child would be abused, they'd qualify in a heartbeat.

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:
I would go absolutely stir crazy in that house. The filth alone would give me hives. Every time I see those kitchen cabinets, I just want to either douse them in bleach or tear them down. I cringe any time one of those kids puts a toy near or in their mouths. Jessa's voice grates on my last nerve..lol. I also think that all Duggar houses smell like dirty feet..lol.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Or when they have their twins!  😂

• LOL 11

Does anyone else get the feeling that their kids are very naive and limited for their age?

Spurgeon seems very babyish to me for a 5 yr old, he emptied the roll of toilet paper into the toilet because "he didn't know better"... he still wears a diaper to bed at night.. Etc. 

Spurgeon talks and acts very babyish and I can barely understand anything that Henry says.

the house and the yard are so sparse and just thrown together without any sense of pride from a job well done... It's like the house is just a roof over their heads and the yard is just weeds and dirt... No real lawn or garden plus the sound of traffic roaring past in the background is horrible.... It sounds like there's a highway outside their window.

Jessa hung Henry's birdfeeder in the trees and left the great big tag hanging off it... They drive me nuts with their half-assed way of doing everything.

their family cook out was frustrating to watch, the way Ben was trying to start the fire with a handful of little tiny twigs and then Spurgeon brings a bunch of damp, moldy looking leaves and dumps them on the fire.

I hadn't really noticed before but I watched a video of them taking the kids for a hike and Ben has a weird body... He has big soft looking calves and cankles.

Ben's also kind of dumb, I was watching them try to trick the kids into thinking Ben found some grubs outside and ate them so he could try and get the kids to eat one and the way he went about it was stupid.... if you want kids to try something don't make faces, grimace and say how gross it tastes 🙄

the entire Duggar family is like watching juveniles who were home schooled and don't know anything about the outside world yet for some reason they think they know best.

• Love 22

I agree that Spurgie needs to attend a kindergarten. He seems behind a bit to me too. Henry needs the speech interaction and the FREE speech therapy that the public school system would offer. Those boys are bored to death over there. Most of their cousins have speech issues IMO. Lots of them have lisps. Henry needs to hear children speak correctly. Jessa speaks to her children coldly. She sounds unnatural and 'tries' to sound warm but she just isn't a warm personality type. She's cold and dictatorial....just ask Ben. That man needs to take his balls back from Jessa's jar on the nightstand and take charge of his life. Another associate pastor???? How many pastors/associate pastors does this family need? IMO, it's what you do when you can't work for Daddy because you're not educated, trained to do anythng else.

• Love 13

Spurgeon must hate his siblings by now. He always has to be nice because his siblings are younger, yet he is only four and has been an older sibling since he was one. Sometimes you have to let the little one's cry and let the older one play with their toys - for more than 5 minutes. 

Jessa's teaching Spurgie to be a resentful pushover. After typing that, I realized that is how Jessa has trained Ben to be, too.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Spurgeon must hate his siblings by now. He always has to be nice because his siblings are younger, yet he is only four and has been an older sibling since he was one. Sometimes you have to let the little one's cry and let the older one play with their toys - for more than 5 minutes. 

Jessa's teaching Spurgie to be a resentful pushover. After typing that, I realized that is how Jessa has trained Ben to be, too.

Jessa's secret mission in life may be to turn as many people as possible into resentful pushovers. That way, she can push them all over and then enjoy vengefully punishing them for any resentment they fail to repress afterward. What's not to like?! 

Actually, I think she may have learned that approach from her cult and the family brand of religion. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8