Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

She showed a wrestling video about three years ago and Ben was practically awarded the Father of the Year award. Jessa must not be feeling any Ben the Dad love from her followers.

I know I mentioned this then, but I'll say it again. My husband worked until around 8pm many nights. Sometimes he worked until 6pm. If he wanted to come home anytime in between he had to call me and ask for permission. No joke. My kids would get excited just having daddy walk in the door. So depending on where we were in the bedtime routine (and how the day went), I might ask him to wait to come home. This is one request he never failed to honor.

No way, no how would my kids be wrestling "to get tired for bed".

• Love 16
11 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Jessa's voice really grates on me - it's entirely devoid of warmth and emotions. She's also a lazy slob, living in a filthy house.

And her exaggerated southern accent. 🤮 

49 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure he will be digitally morphed into a cherub until he's of courting age.

She sees cherub, I see creepy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Oh my!  Is dear little Ivy hell-bound for wearing what looks like OshKoshBGosh overalls?  

Could be a jumper?  If it is, BOO!  Jessa is a total suck-up to her hideous parents, so it's probably a jumper.  

Yeah, wrestling before bed is such a good idea, NOT!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

Spurgeon is facetuned.

Oh, yeah, is he ever. Now I can't unsee that. He looks like Spurgeon of Madame Tussaud's. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

No way, no how would my kids be wrestling "to get tired for bed".

I think it's really really odd that she's had kids as long as she has, plus being big sister to so many kids before that, and yet she still doesn't realize that this absolutely doesn't work. 

Is there something unique in Duggar genes that makes it work for them? Or is it just that they don't really have to get up in the morning so they don't notice? 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, yeah, is he ever. Now I can't unsee that. He looks like Spurgeon of Madame Tussaud's. 

I think it's really really odd that she's had kids as long as she has, plus being big sister to so many kids before that, and yet she still doesn't realize that this absolutely doesn't work. 

Is there something unique in Duggar genes that makes it work for them? Or is it just that they don't really have to get up in the morning so they don't notice? 

Or that she simply lies a lot?

• Love 15
54 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

45 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Considering winding kids up, does not settle them down and make it easier to fall asleep, nor does make them sleep longer, Jessa received a lot of praise a couple years ago for a similar video and it was still light out when they were wrestling, I'm going with Jessa lies a lot.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Yea that's true, raising them in the tradition of a useless Duggar . Stay up late, get up late, never be on time, don't contribute to society at all.

Well they do things a little different, don't forget. 🤣

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jessa feels the need to hype Bin up as Super Dad, because what else is there to brag about? He's a comatose cabbage compared to the other in-law husbands. Jessa has to grasp at whatever straws she can.

Who knows?  He may work for the Mafia for all we know! 😎

• LOL 10
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Who knows?  He may work for the Mafia for all we know! 😎

Maybe he's a collector and threatens people with the dirty diapers his wife collects like a hoarder. I'd probably rather have my legs broken than take that. LOL

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm going to try and delicately say, that for a period of time I thought Spurgie was an absolutely adorable infant. To me Henry is the Seewald cutie.

And Henry wasn’t a, umm, really cute infant.  It’s funny how looks can completely change.  Something that I’ve found to be true much of the time is that really cute babies grow up to be not-so-attractive adults and vice versa.  I realize that it’s not always the case but I’ve personally witnessed it a lot.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

And Henry wasn’t a, umm, really cute infant.  It’s funny how looks can completely change.  Something that I’ve found to be true much of the time is that really cute babies grow up to be not-so-attractive adults and vice versa.  I realize that it’s not always the case but I’ve personally witnessed it a lot.

I've noticed this too. Also, a lot of hot people I know have really average-looking parents and quite a few of the not-so-hot have very attractive parents. Genetics is some weird shit. 

• Love 7

That's one of the big pressures of being a celebrity child, according to an article I read a long time ago.  Everyone has an awkward phase and yet celebrity children are expected to be photogenic their entire childhood from birth to adulthood. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

That's one of the big pressures of being a celebrity child, according to an article I read a long time ago.  Everyone has an awkward phase and yet celebrity children are expected to be photogenic their entire childhood from birth to adulthood. 

Which makes the situation of the Duggar grandchildren even sadder, because they are not celebrity children. They're children of barely celebrity adults.

I don't think famous parents need to go the Michael Jackson route, covering their kids with veils and masks, but plastering them on SM to get clicks, money and some weird kind of parental pride isn't good either. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I still don't get it, though.

If the idea is to show Bin as the hero dad who's really good about playing with his kids, there's no need to say what time of day she shot the video. Just show him playing with the kids and, poof, he's a hero. 

But add the part about how they do that at bedtime -- which is the only part that can actually be a lie, since we can't see the time in the video -- and, poof, you've made yourself out to be an idiot.

Either because you encourage this thing at bedtime that makes it nigh impossible for everybody to get to sleep. Or because you're lying and saying this sleep-destroying thing happens at bedtime when in fact it doesn't.

So what's the benefit from lying? Why would you tell a lie that makes you look like an ignorant fool about kids and sleep when you're obviously trying for the Parents of the Year award?

I know Jessa lies. But this lie seems completely counterproductive. So I guess she's truly a stupid stupid liar who lies even when the truth would be way more beneficial? I didn't think she was quite that dumb or such a devoted liar that she lies even when it'd be better for her not to, but she is, I guess. Or else the Duggar genes do include some magic sleep gene. 😵

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If the idea is to show Bin as the hero dad who's really good about playing with his kids, there's no need to say what time of day she shot the video. Just show him playing with the kids and, poof, he's a hero. 

But add the part about how they do that at bedtime -- which is the only part that can actually be a lie, since we can't see the time in the video -- and, poof, you've made yourself out to be an idiot.

Either because you encourage this thing at bedtime that makes it nigh impossible for everybody to get to sleep. Or because you're lying and saying this sleep-destroying thing happens at bedtime when in fact it doesn't.

So what's the benefit from lying? Why would you tell a lie that makes you look like an ignorant fool about kids and sleep when you're obviously trying for the Parents of the Year award?

I know Jessa lies. But this lie seems completely counterproductive. So I guess she's truly a stupid stupid liar who lies even when the truth would be way more beneficial? I didn't think she was quite that dumb or such a devoted liar that she lies even when it'd be better for her not to, but she is, I guess. Or else the Duggar genes do include some magic sleep gene. 😵

Jessa always needs a qualifier to steer the reason from why she is posting. She's obviously going for Super Dad, so stupidly she posts this as a parenting tip, because she thinks she is the master of manipulation.

A better lie would been something like, It delays bedtime, but the kids have so much fun wrestling with dad. 🥰🥴

Jessa has other options too. Just post it with no explanation, tell the truth, or don't post it at all. But she needs everyone to think Ben is something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

After my kids were bathed, I wanted them to 'come down' from their day and relax....AND stay clean, not get sweaty, before getting in their beds. I can imagine what dirty sheets Jessa and her children sleep on. Hopefully, they are not still vomit covered ones.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I tend to think Jessa lies about her feelings more than actual events (though she does lie about tangible events as well). And I know the general belief is that Ben is constantly henpecked by Jessa, but I think she caters to his ego a lot of the time. Jessa also has a pathological need to prove people wrong about their correct assumptions about her specifically and fundies in general. With that in mind, I'm going to believe her when she says that Ben wrestles with the kids before bedtime. And, sure, it's possible that her kids are different from the vast majority and this actually tires them out rather than riles them up, but it's more likely that Ben's doing it thinking it tires them out, and Jessa bites her tongue on that because she's already asked him to do/not to do xyz and this is a compromise to keep him sweet.

So the benefits are:

• A fuck you to the heathens who say that fundie men don't do any childcare.
  • A passive aggressive way to encourage Ben to continue spending one-on-one time with the kids so she gets a bit of a break, even though it ends up being more work for her down the line.
  • A fuck you to the haters who say they're unhappy with each other.

This would all be just like Jessa--having a specific goal in mind with her social media posts but wildly missing the mark because the general public is smarter than she is.

• Love 13

Could the lie be that this occurs at bedtime so we forget to wonder why it takes place mid day when Bin should be at work? Jesse lies so much it must be hard to keep track of what agenda she is pushing at any given moment.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

4i52hvanhum51.jpg

Those craft project pictures of the kids behind the sofa drive me nuts. I know we've had many discussions about them but why couldn't Jessa have evened them out more & cut them into square shapes to get rid of the extra white spaces at the top?  She (or anyone) could have taken one look and realized they don't look correct with all the empty white space at the top. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4

Ben seems to enjoy the baby train quite a bit. So does Chad Paine. Just because they're tired or stressed doesn't mean that they don't enjoy having kids and want to quit. Ben's parents seemed to have deliberately stopped at seven kids, but Ben grew up in a bigger family than the one he has now. 

I refuse to feel sorry for these young men. They seem to like having sex and kids and until one of them actually says they want to stop having kids I'm going to believe they want more kids.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

After my kids were bathed, I wanted them to 'come down' from their day and relax....AND stay clean, not get sweaty, before getting in their beds. I can imagine what dirty sheets Jessa and her children sleep on. Hopefully, they are not still vomit covered ones.

Are you my long lost twin? I could have written that.  After bathtime is quiet time. Not wrestle around time. 

• Love 10
Just now, QuinnInND said:

Are you my long lost twin? I could have written that.  After bathtime is quiet time. Not wrestle around time. 

Seems like I was like that eons ago, and daughter in law too.  My sons are adults and grandkids mostly grown but when we were there it was bath, books, lights out.   But, then again, Duggars do things different.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Ben seems to enjoy the baby train quite a bit. So does Chad Paine. Just because they're tired or stressed doesn't mean that they don't enjoy having kids and want to quit. Ben's parents seemed to have deliberately stopped at seven kids, but Ben grew up in a bigger family than the one he has now. 

I refuse to feel sorry for these young men. They seem to like having sex and kids and until one of them actually says they want to stop having kids I'm going to believe they want more kids.

Chad Paine actually works.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I meant I doubt Bin was too tired out from any “work” like Chad is.

Well Chad wants more kids "to give Carson a brother".

My point is these guys are chosing to not to prevent pregnancy and I refuse to feel sympathy that unprotected sex leads to pregnancy. They are as responsible as their wives every time there is a new pregnancy. 

Edited by Temperance
wrong word
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I strongly suspect that if he had any kind of substantial employment or education, his wife would be shouting it to the masses all over social media.  She's very image conscious and very aware of what's said and written about her family.  Two of her sisters get to post about their husbands who are working towards advanced degrees and she makes only vague, occasional references about Bin coming home from work.  IMHO, that says a lot.  If she had something to brag about, she'd be bragging.

IIRC, not long ago, one of Jessa's fans on Instagram innocently asked what Ben was doing these days and Jessa became furious and completely overreacted. Ben's employment (or lack thereof) is a very touchy subject.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19