Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Ivy looks like baby Josie.

No she doesn't, at least not to me. Josie had a tiny face and was small for her age. She still is. Ivy is not tiny and doesn't have a small face. 

(Ivy is still cute imo.)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Spurge is one of those head-sweaters, but I just can't with his sweaty hair. Give the kid a buzz cut, for goodness sake.

I hope not. It may just be the weather or his hair is wet. He'll grow up and get the ALERT cut soon.  I like that Jessa keeps his hair longer. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I hope not. It may just be the weather or his hair is wet. He'll grow up and get the ALERT cut soon.  I like that Jessa keeps his hair longer. 

But does Spurgie? It must feel uncomfortably hot and gross.

• Love 6
On 9/1/2020 at 5:46 AM, Quof said:

Hiking..... is just walking.

Not that the parent needs to put it out for public consumption because they don't actually want to get an actual J O B, but for kids a lot of ordinary things can be a fun adventure.   If nothing else, I hope this walk was as much fun as the picture of the two boys arm in arm gives the impression it was.   It's unlikely they'll have the opportunity for a genuine education or to form friendships outside the family boundaries, so I hope they at least have plenty of "magical" childhood moments and memories along the way.     

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Tikichick said:

for kids a lot of ordinary things can be a fun adventure

This is absolutely true. It’s all a matter of attitude. My mother could make anything into a chore. My stepmother could make anything into an adventure. It was a revelation for me.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

This is absolutely true. It’s all a matter of attitude. My mother could make anything into a chore. My stepmother could make anything into an adventure. It was a revelation for me.

I would turn bedroom cleaning into a bedroom challenge of sorts. Fill this basket with dirty laundry. Put all books on shelves. Fill this basket with trash. The kids would race, laugh and usually end up helping each other.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Genevrier said:

I'm glad you at least had someone to shine a positive light for you.  All kids need and deserve that.   

Like a lot of people I wished for more and better for the Duggar kids, namely education leading to the full array of options of careers and the ability to get to experience life outside the bubble.  For the most part I'm now moving on to the next generation, because I see less and less hope for JB and M's brood to expand their horizons.   I'll take any and every positive opportunity for the grands.  That's why I say, at the very least I hope the kids are having lots of magical little childhood moments and memories, because who knows if they'll ultimately wind up chained to this same system, with little understanding and few options of getting out.  At the rate we're going I'm afraid we're not far from the timeclock to start ticking on Mackenzie courting and becoming a mother herself before she's had the chance to see she has choices. 

• Love 10
On 9/8/2020 at 9:35 AM, FizzyPuff said:

Dear TLC if you’re reading this please follow Ben to work (all the guys actually) but I want to know exactly what he does, is he still cleaning JB’s toilets? How much does he get paid? He always seems to be around for filming (as do all the other guys), how much work is going on here? 

I did notice Austin's comment at the dadchelor party about "I'm trying to figure out how to explain to everyone just what it is I've been doing all day."  in regards to the festivities and activities.   It seemed he understood the ridiculousness and the waste of time and the fact he should have been doing something productive with his time.

• Love 16

Before bedtime the kiddos often ask Ben, “Can we wrestle first?” Ben will turn on some epic movie soundtracks and pretend to be a giant or a wild beast, and the boys have the best time trying to take him down. Even Ivy has started to get in on the action! Definitely a great way to get them tuckered out and ready for 😴. I love watching from the sidelines and they have me laughing so hard at some of their tactics and maneuvers. 🤣 In the words of my father, “These are the best days of our lives and we don’t even know it.” 💞 Cherishing the moments because they grow up too quickly.

I'd like to know what the "epic" movie soundtracks are. She sped up the video, so I can't tell.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Well it’s not like the parents have real jobs!

Yea that's true, raising them in the tradition of a useless Duggar. Stay up late, get up late, never be on time, don't contribute to society at all.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

And every time I see that birthin’ couch, I hope to God someone seriously cleaned it. Otherwise... ewwww.

Bens a germaphobe I’m surprised he didn’t throw that thing out before setting it on fire. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3