Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, zoomama said:

how odd. cant find it now but i was reading here and saw someone mention grifting and then said they had seen a online family's video of opening 'mail' that was actually a ceiling high pile of amazon boxes. i bet i watched that same video!

Was it one of the Crazy families?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Was it one of the Crazy families?

yes. i do get a kick out of watching them both but i also feel like its taking all their privacy away. they give full names and birthdates of those children and that just sets them up for credit theft their whole dang lives. i will say, the all do seem to be happy kids. 

• Love 2

Missing kids is no big deal to Duggars, it’s a tradition. Remember a very young Jackson left in the airport bathroom and the crew heard the announcement before the breeders were even aware? When a visibly shaken Jackson sought comfort they shoved him off to Buddy Jana. They were too busy getting their closeups.

Of course there is no mention of Ben. He is busy at work, doing the very important, manly man, headship, provider things he does. 🙄

• Love 8

Jessa calling Ivy "Sister" always makes me cringe... I know it's a southern thing and not a Jessa-specific thing, but that Ivy is going to be defined as a "sister" (and potentially a sister-mom) for her entire youth just makes me stabby.

I also find it a little weird that Jessa frequently calls her just "Jane" (once in this video, and I've heard it in others), as well as "Ivy" and "Ivy Jane." I know some kids get called by their middle name instead of their first name, but switching off indiscriminately seems odd.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Because he’s an ass? That was the same episode where Jinger commented on Jeremy’s “massive bed”. 🤣

Oh man, I have to see this it sounds hilarious! 😂

What season should I look for and is it on 19 kids and counting?

And I have to ask... Why did Jeremy’s closet stink? Does he have sweaty shirts, dirty socks or something in his closet?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jessa calling Ivy "Sister" always makes me cringe... I know it's a southern thing and not a Jessa-specific thing, but that Ivy is going to be defined as a "sister" (and potentially a sister-mom) for her entire youth just makes me stabby.

I also find it a little weird that Jessa frequently calls her just "Jane" (once in this video, and I've heard it in others), as well as "Ivy" and "Ivy Jane." I know some kids get called by their middle name instead of their first name, but switching off indiscriminately seems odd.

I find that creepy, too. Does she call the boys by their first and middle names?

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I've never heard Spurgeon Elliot or Henry Wilberforce. Nope.

Omg Wilberforce!?!?!????... 😂 

I had no idea Henry's second name was Wilberforce... Wtf does that even mean...or I mean is there a long lost grampa Wilberforce on one branch of the twisted family tree?.... My goodness what a strange name.... I thought Spurgeon was the only nutty name in the Seewald tree. 😮

• LOL 8
38 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Wilberforce was another 19th century preacher, similar to Surgeon. At least with Henry, they learned their lesson and made it his middle name. 😂

I don't know Spurgeon and Wilberforce are better names for famous people and attention seekers. Henry is one of the most popular names in the country. Ivy is also very popular. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I know some kids get called by their middle name instead of their first name, but switching off indiscriminately seems odd.

There’s a Chinese proverb: A loved child has many names. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Wilberforce was another 19th century preacher, similar to Surgeon. At least with Henry, they learned their lesson and made it his middle name. 😂

Pure speculation but I felt Jessa was not on board with Spurgeon as a first name. During the video announcement they volleyed back and forth if the other was sure. I think Ben announced the name and said Charles Spurgeon was instrumental in their lives. I thought Jessa was going to roll her eyes.

Maybe Jessa wanted to play her helpmeet role. For a little while I remember her using Elliot. The baby was called Quincy until they announced the name. Jessa used it a while longer. But eventually had to face the music. Ben was in charge (😂) and that was the name. Then nicknames like Spurge and Spurgenator were use by some  of Ben’s friends (when he had non Duggar friends) They also call him Spurgie.

When Henry was born the name revealed seemed to have Ben somewhat tense. Jessa said she always liked the name Henry, while Ben seemed to sulk. Maybe Jessa read about the ridicule against Spurgeon.

With Ivy Jane Jessa admitted she just like the name. Not a peep from Ben who saw the writing on the wall about how the helpmeet honeymoon was over. Time will tell what happens when the inevitable gaggle of kids arrive.

Guinn did and IG stating that while she understood the significance of the chosen name, to her he would be Baby Darling. Not sure it lasted.

Edited by SMama
OMG, need to proofread before posting. 🤗
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I love names, nicknames and learning about colloquialisms, but calling kids sister and brother in the context of the Duggars seems like another way of indoctrination - stripping them of their identity. I don't think Jessa, JB and Michelle do this on purpose, because they're not smart enough, but it just feels wrong.

Does anyone know what Jessa had in her hand during that video? And what a mixed message she was giving Ivy.

Lastly, because we know the adults plop themselves on the TTH couches as the herd of grandchildren run amok, Jessa certainly invites criticism when she starts a post writing about losing kids.

• Love 12

Jessa calling Ivy "Sister" always makes me cringe... I know it's a southern thing 

Friends called their daughter "Sister" (or "Girly") for the first several years of her life, and they definitely weren't southern.  The entire family did the same.   Stubbornly, I refused, otherwise the child wouldn't have responded when the teacher called her real name on her first day of kindergarten.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Names can be weird.  My mother in law to this day calls my husband "boy" in conversations about him more often than not because of the junior/senior issues involved in his first name.  His dad has used a bunch of variants of the name between childhood and now and we all get confused about who we are talking about after a while unless it's just "dad and boy" to be clear.  

Sister is used a lot by my family and "Sissy" as a nickname for kids as well as Brother and "Bubba".  And my sister mixes around her daughter's names and middle names constantly.  Also there is a common anecdote about my dad not knowing that his legal name was actually the opposite of what he thought until he was an adult, because his mother had always called him by his middle name and then his first name his entire life.  She even signed him up for school that way.  He dropped out pretty young and didn't get a license for a long time, so the first time he really had to look at his birth certificate for anything was when he went to get his marriage license with my mom when he was 18.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Names can be weird.  My mother in law to this day calls my husband "boy" in conversations about him more often than not because of the junior/senior issues involved in his first name.  His dad has used a bunch of variants of the name between childhood and now and we all get confused about who we are talking about after a while unless it's just "dad and boy" to be clear.  

Sister is used a lot by my family and "Sissy" as a nickname for kids as well as Brother and "Bubba".  And my sister mixes around her daughter's names and middle names constantly.  Also there is a common anecdote about my dad not knowing that his legal name was actually the opposite of what he thought until he was an adult, because his mother had always called him by his middle name and then his first name his entire life.  She even signed him up for school that way.  He dropped out pretty young and didn't get a license for a long time, so the first time he really had to look at his birth certificate for anything was when he went to get his marriage license with my mom when he was 18.

Something a wee bit similar happened to my mom. She was born on a farm and her mom died before my mom was ten. Her brother, who was 20 years older than her, went to get her a birth certificate when she was around 13. For some reason the clerks office insisted that she have a middle name, so her brother gave her their mom's middle name. So the clerk makes up the birth certificate, puts it in the envelope and gave it to my uncle. Turns out, when they looked at it some years later, the clerk used that name as my mom's first name. She continued to use her original name as her first name and two or three times in her life when she would have to provide her proper name, she would be addressed as her first name. My mom would just sit there and not respond, because no one ever used that name.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When a child goes missing? 🤦‍♀️

It's that tone-deaf thing again. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Did anyone click on the link? I'm curious as to why Jessa has grapes and apples in quotes.

I think part of it is probably  that video she did a week or so ago with Ivy apparently thinking a cherry tomato was a grape -- "grape" -- and spitting it out in disgust. 

Don't know about the "apple' but maybe there was a similar event with a cucumber mistaken for an apple and similarly spat upon the ground in horror at its lack of sweetness or something. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oh man, I have to see this it sounds hilarious! 😂

What season should I look for and is it on 19 kids and counting?

And I have to ask... Why did Jeremy’s closet stink? Does he have sweaty shirts, dirty socks or something in his closet?

If he was still playing soccer at the time it could have been his soccer gear; it stinks.  I know his professional career was over, but he could have been playing in some other group.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SMama said:

With Ivy Jane Jessa admitted she just like name. Not a peep from Ben who saw that writing on the wall from from how the helpmeet honeymoon was over. 

Or he may simply not care what their daughters are named.

• Love 3

I have doubt Jeremy's closet even stunk. Saying it smelled, is right on par with what a 10 or 11 year old would say, for the sake of saying it. Most of the Duggar males have not moved beyond grade school humor.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, SMama said:

Pure speculation but I felt Jessa was not on board with Spurgeon as a first name. During the video announcement they volleyed back and forth if the other was sure. I think Ben announced the name and said Charles Spurgeon was instrumental in their lives. I thought Jessa was going to roll her eyes.

Maybe Jessa wanted to play her helpmeet role. For a little while I remember her using Elliot. The baby was called Quincy until they announced the name. Jessa used it a while longer. But eventually had to face the music. Ben was in charge (😂) and that was the name. Then nicknames like Spurge and Spurgenator were use by some  of Ben’s friends (when he had non Duggar friends) They also call him Spurgie.

When Henry was born the name revealed seemed to have Ben somewhat tense. Jessa said she always liked the name Henry, while Ben seemed to sulk. Maybe Jessa read about the ridicule against Spurgeon.

With Ivy Jane Jessa admitted she just like the name. Not a peep from Ben who saw the writing on the wall about how the helpmeet honeymoon was over. Time will tell what happens when the inevitable gaggle of kids arrive.

Guinn did and IG stating that while she understood the significance of the chosen name, to her he would be Baby Darling. Not sure it lasted.

I think Jessa got forced into Spurgeon by her own ego.  We know that one of Ben's sisters jumped the gun and announced the birth online before Jessa did.  She referred to the baby as 'Gabriel'.  Later, when Jessa finally announced the baby's name. after trying to drum up interest by withholding the information for days; Gabriel was nowhere to be found and he was Spurgeon.  I think that Spurgeon was originally supposed to be Gabriel Spurgeon  similar to Henry Wilberforce; but, when Ben's sister spilled the beans,  Jessa threw a tantrum and couldn't stand that her SIL had scooped her so Gabriel disappeared without a trace and Spurgeon was the name.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Seeing that picture again has me thinking it was taken at Lauren's. It looks as though they're setting up paper lanterns for something. I wonder why Spurge is in his jammies.

Wasn't that during a stay at Grandma Guin's house? I think he was in pajamas because he'd been spending the night there for a few days. 

50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Wasn't that during a stay at Grandma Guin's house? I think he was in pajamas because he'd been spending the night there for a few days. 

Looks like Lauren's piano by her French doors, to me.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:39 PM, luvbadtv said:

So is Jessa saying that Ivy made it all the way down to Jana's garden, outside, by herself?  I guess no one is in charge at the big house.

It looked like Henry and Ivy hiked to the garden together.  That’s how child abductions happen.  These people are fools.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Looks like Lauren's piano by her French doors, to me.

I'm about 99 percent sureI remember some of the discussion of that picture. People were busy criticizing it as a bad photo by Jessa. Bad attempt to be artsy or whatever.

Then it turned out that Guinn had taken it and posted it and that it was Spurge during a sleepover visit with his grandparents. 

Right now she's reposted it at the top of their instagram page (Mike and Guinn's page)  https://www.instagram.com/seewaldfamily/?hl=en

I guess the Seewald in-laws and Lauren just have the same piano. 😊

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m in procrastination mode, so.....Lauren and Josiah’s piano:

C22FACA7-C8D8-4EF0-90C8-27C3CDB95215.jpeg

D4E201DF-7CEA-4A38-BA84-DB1ECF77ED23.jpeg

Thanks!

(Me, too, on procrastination.....) 

Lauren and Josiah's piano and Mike and Guinn's piano -- wood grain looks kind of similar but interesting doodads on the Seewald's. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

It looked like Henry and Ivy hiked to the garden together.  That’s how child abductions happen.  These people are fools.

Fools who not only let their children wander off, but exploit them on tv and social media, as well as making it obvious where they live.

• Love 6