Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

From a form that can't be linked here, I saw that Ben classifies himself as self-employed and lists his occupation as a tutor. I guess he'll be teaching kids at the TTH forever. 

I've often thought that Ben would make a great Primary School teacher. You know, a qualified one. In a school. Getting paid. With real money. Not whatever he's doing right now. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

So Ben is essentially surrounded by Duggars 24/7. I can see his relationship with his family suffering in the process. That poor guy sold his soul for sex with the hot Duggar daughter. News flash, Jessa was never and will never be the hot one. How more kids can they cram in that little house?

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

I've often thought that Ben would make a great Primary School teacher. You know, a qualified one. In a school. Getting paid. With real money. Not whatever he's doing right now. 

Well, we still don't know what he supposedly went to all those years of school for. He could have changed his major to education if whatever school he landed at offered it? Jessa posted that he finished school last spring. What she didn't say was that he graduated. Maybe that's why he's a tutor and not a teacher.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

From a form that can't be linked here, I saw that Ben classifies himself as self-employed and lists his occupation as a tutor. I guess he'll be teaching kids at the TTH forever. 

OMG.

He and Jessa thought they were pretty great with their big televised wedding and big modest gown and their expenses-paid European honeymoon (even though Jessa didn't give a crap about Europe...)

But now....let's just say they've both certainly hit the marriage-and-adulthood jackpot......

Regrets must be thick in the air around that house. And only thickening more as the years go by, I would think. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
42 minutes ago, Gweilo said:

Does he have a degree in education?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gweilo said:

He should do that. Collect a real salary with benefits and contribute to social security he will need in the future.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think we know anything about his qualification or what he's doing, except that he and Jessa are MADLY IN LOVE.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

With regards to Bin's supposed graduation, I saw no congratulatory post from Guinn. She posted when Danielle finished cosmetology school and Jessica completed the Police Academy, but nothing for Bin's Bachelor's? Jessa couldn't possibly be lying to us now, could she?

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa was very SLY. She said he "finished" school. She never said he graduated. 

Great, a lot of money down the toilet, so Ben can keep cleaning them. That young man was really led wrong regarding marrying into the Duggar empire. I still recall Papa Seewald’s pissy blog post about marrying young. It looks like Mike Seewald was looking after himself by being connected to the Duggar clan. Now Ben gets to be a professional breeder who is already ill equipped to provide adequate shelter for his family. It’s really sad. Derick is an insufferable jerk but will be able to provide for his family. That is, if he can obtain and stay at a decent job.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Gweilo said:

Uh Ben cannot work in a school, how is he gonna control a whole class of 30 kids? Some of the teachers might be heathens? What if someone laughs at him for calling his kid Spurgeon? How could he justify going to a school too teach other kids everyday while his kids are at home being “educated” by Jessa. 

6 hours ago, SMama said:

So Ben is essentially surrounded by Duggars 24/7. I can see his relationship with his family suffering in the process. That poor guy sold his soul for sex with the hot Duggar daughter. News flash, Jessa was never and will never be the hot one. How more kids can they cram in that little house?

At least 14! Didn’t JB and Mechelle have 14 kids in a two bedroom house? 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Uh Ben cannot work in a school, how is he gonna control a whole class of 30 kids? Some of the teachers might be heathens? What if someone laughs at him for calling his kid Spurgeon? How could he justify going to a school too teach other kids everyday while his kids are at home being “educated” by Jessa. 

At least 14! Didn’t JB and Mechelle have 14 kids in a two bedroom house? 

I think it was a three bedroom but still unacceptable. Maybe the Seewalds will start accepting “love offerings” like her neglectful parents.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't buy that they're MADLY IN LOVE!!!!111 They seem to barely tolerate each other.

I don't think they were ever madly in love.  I think Ben was horny and thought Jessa was hot and Jessa thought she was hot.  And in Duggar-land a couple can't have sex or get to know each other without being married, so they had no choice but to get married.  Now they have gotten to know each other realize they have nothing in common, but in Duggar-land there is no divorce.  

• Love 14

One would think that at this point Jessa and Ben would realize CO won't last forever and soon enough there will be more married with children siblings competing for air time. I wonder if either of them have a clue to how JB has made his money grow all these years.

Even if their kids never get into extracurricular activities, they still get more expensive as they grow. One of the Seewald parents is going to need a real job one day, and we all know many families depend on two paychecks to get by. Many entry level jobs with a degree start a fairly low pay, without a degree, even less. 

Maybe they look at Sierra, who seems to live okay with one salary, a few influencer gigs, raising a gaggle of kids.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The associates degree was in political science, I think. I believe he'd taken a few business courses at that school, too,. 

And then at Moody he was working on some sort of divinity degree, although it was never clear to me which one of their degrees it was -- whether it was mainly focused on bible and theological studies or one more focused on the practicalities of pastoring. No clue about when or if he completed that degree. 

So, no, no degree in education. And, except for bible stuff, hardly any classes in subject areas that you need to know something about to teach in a one-room schoolhouse, either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The associates degree was in political science, I think. I believe he'd taken a few business courses at that school, too,. 

And then at Moody he was working on some sort of divinity degree, although it was never clear to me which one of their degrees it was -- whether it was mainly focused on bible and theological studies or one more focused on the practicalities of pastoring. No clue about when or if he completed that degree. 

So, no, no degree in education. And, except for bible stuff, hardly any classes in subject areas that you need to know something about to teach in a one-room schoolhouse, either. 

Ya, that's what I thought. It seems to me the only job Ben is qualified for is fixing windshields.

Although it seems he has a better education than the Duggars, he doesn't appear to be all that smart, nor exceptionally good with, or interested in, children, so I'm not seeing him as a fake school teacher or a real one.

To me Ben seems to be a bit of a hillbilly in chinos.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jessa's been on television regularly since she was 15. She's almost 28. She should have the money to buy her bigger house. 

What people get paid for being on reality tv is so mysterious. The only thing I can gather is that it's all over the map. So I still think it's very much up in the air how much any of the Duggarlings has actually reaped from shows that have so many people on them (especially when in the early years most participants were the minor children of greedy-guts Jim Bob, the only person with whom the network would have had to sign a contract for Jessa's early participation...) 

I read this piece the other day that shows both the mystery and the apparent randomness of the pay. Don't know how true it is, but it does name sources, so that's something. https://www.celebuzz.com/g/reality-tv-star-salary/4/

For example -- 

"The couples on 90 Day Fiancé do get paid, but not much. An insider told Radar Online that cast members get around 1k – 1.5k per episode, along with 2.5k for the tell-all special — which totals to around $14,500 for a 12-episode season. However, that’s ONLY the member of the couple that’s not on a visa. The snitch said that the visiting half of couple 'can’t even get paid because they have to wait for a work permit. It’s of course different if filming takes place in their country.' It’s a little different with the spinoffs. Reality TV superfan John Yates told Newsweek that a couple on Before the 90 Days makes around $500 per episode, while those on Happily Ever After get between $2,000 and $7,500 per episode."

and....

"It’s well known that any contestant on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette isn’t going to make a lot of money from the show itself — no, it’s the instant fame, end payout, and career opportunities that come AFTER the show that really helps pay the bills. But according to Amy Kaufman’s book, Bachelor Nation, the show salary depends on the pay they’d normally earn at their day to day job. The second ever bachelorette, Meredith Phillips, revealed that she was paid around $10,000 for her season, but Kaufman writes that nowadays, it’d be 'incredibly rare for someone to make less than six figures.'

but then....also regarding The Bachelor/Bachelorette -- "To be on the show, you get paid… nothing. In fact, Jillian Harris even remortgaged her home so she would have enough money for the show, and wrote on her blog that she spent “something like $8,000” to get clothes and makeup for the show."

They give a lot more examples of what insiders have said about the pay on these shows, too......But no actual pattern emerges. So, to me anyway,  how much money Jessa's likely to have accumulated by now remains a huge mystery.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 10
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What people get paid for being on reality tv is so mysterious. The only thing I can gather is that it's all over the map. So I still think it's very much up in the air how much any of the Duggarlings has actually reaped from shows that have so many people on them (especially when in the early years most participants were the minor children of greedy-guts Jim Bob, the only person with whom the network would have had to sign a contract for Jessa's early participation...) 

I read this piece the other day that shows both the mystery and the apparent randomness of the pay. Don't know how true it is, but it does name sources, so that's something. https://www.celebuzz.com/g/reality-tv-star-salary/4/

For example -- 

"The couples on 90 Day Fiancé do get paid, but not much. An insider told Radar Online that cast members get around 1k – 1.5k per episode, along with 2.5k for the tell-all special — which totals to around $14,500 for a 12-episode season. However, that’s ONLY the member of the couple that’s not on a visa. The snitch said that the visiting half of couple 'can’t even get paid because they have to wait for a work permit. It’s of course different if filming takes place in their country.' It’s a little different with the spinoffs. Reality TV superfan John Yates told Newsweek that a couple on Before the 90 Days makes around $500 per episode, while those on Happily Ever After get between $2,000 and $7,500 per episode."

and....

"It’s well known that any contestant on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette isn’t going to make a lot of money from the show itself — no, it’s the instant fame, end payout, and career opportunities that come AFTER the show that really helps pay the bills. But according to Amy Kaufman’s book, Bachelor Nation, the show salary depends on the pay they’d normally earn at their day to day job. The second ever bachelorette, Meredith Phillips, revealed that she was paid around $10,000 for her season, but Kaufman writes that nowadays, it’d be 'incredibly rare for someone to make less than six figures.'

but then....also regarding The Bachelor/Bachelorette -- "To be on the show, you get paid… nothing. In fact, Jillian Harris even remortgaged her home so she would have enough money for the show, and wrote on her blog that she spent “something like $8,000” to get clothes and makeup for the show."

They give a lot more examples of what insiders have said about the pay on these shows, too......But no actual pattern emerges. So, to me anyway,  how much money Jessa's likely to have accumulated by now remains a huge mystery.

One of the best kept secrets! Years ago I went down the reality TV pay rabbit hole and found some info on the Gosselin clan, the housewives industry, etc and came to a guesstimate. But the Duggar set up is complicated and makes comparisons difficult.

I'm guessing the kids, other than Jill, received no pay for the years they were minors. I'm not even sure the adult unmarrieds receive anything from TLC or anything consistent from JB. I do think the married couples receive consistent pay, either from TLC or JB.

I don't think they're becoming rich off the show, but I do think they make enough to live comfortably, doing what is a part-time job. 

But if we look at it from a different angle, the angle of how much money they appear to spend, compared to their expenses, I'm guessing the Seewalds must bring in around $40,000 - $70,000 a year. I live in an expensive part of the country so I sometimes overestimate the cost of living in other areas.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think they're becoming rich off the show, but I do think they make enough to live comfortably, doing what is a part-time job. 

That's pretty much my guess, too, although I doubt their comfortable lifestyle includes much in the way of saving and investing for future needs. I think it's likely to just be hand to well-fed mouth. And, let's face it, they buy a lot of stuff, but they don't replace the damn molding around their front door. And even if they don't believe their kids need education funds, they need retirement funds and now would not be too early for them to start putting away a bit towards that, if they are actually living comfortably. But I doubt they do. And for me life isn't really comfortable unless you're saving or investing at least a little bit regularly, to prepare for the unknowns to come.

Even more crucially, as you mentioned above, the show won't last forever and they're going to need a lot of stuff TOMORROW.... as everything gets more expensive, the growing kids get more expensive, the house that appears to be pretty neglected now really falls apart...and the two adults there will have to support that more expensive life -- when they're 30-something-and-beyond with no or next to no education, training, or job experience they can parlay into immediate good employment. 

When the show does finally end and her kids are no longer cute little chubsters who talk baby talk, how much will Jessa really be able to make as an IInstagram/youTube influencer? Will people still watch her videos with no little kids in them and no tv show to remind people who she is? I wouldn't be too sure of that, if I were Jessa. 

One would hope they're carefully planning for this, but I doubt it. I think Duggar planning is probably a lot like Duggar time. Not much connection to reality. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17

Everything you said, @Churchhoney. When this is all over and Ben has to get a real job, what experience does he have? He’s not going to be able to go out a get a job that pays enough to support his family. The same can be said about most of the Duggar boys (at least the ones that “work” for daddy). Once you take away the Counting On money, how much does running a used car lot actually pay (not much, for sure)? Once JB is gone, I bet they will run his businesses into the ground with in few years. I doubt that JB is really letting them run his businesses in any meaningful way now, so they will be ill prepared in the future. Plus, as the younger ones grow up and expect their piece of the pie, everyone’s share is going to get smaller. Whatever wealth JB has managed to put together is going to be decimated in the next generation.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, not you again said:

Speaking of Sierra, I never see any posts about her anymore.  Has she gone radio silent?  Did the last kid send her over the edge and screaming into the night, lol?  She used to pop up occasionally with either Jill/Jessa or on the Sweet Friends thread, IIRC.

This post is from July and Sierra has done many posts since, but she seems to be living her best life ... on SM anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I actually really liked her post, and her kids look very happy and well-fed, as opposed to the Rodlet starvelings.

Me too!  I thought her message was a good one and it sounds like she and her family are in a good place right now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I actually really liked her post, and her kids look very happy and well-fed, as opposed to the Rodlet starvelings.

And she looks happy. I was worried she was headed for a breakdown during her last pregnancy, her posts seemed to be very depressing.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

One would think that at this point Jessa and Ben would realize CO won't last forever and soon enough there will be more married with children siblings competing for air time. I wonder if either of them have a clue to how JB has made his money grow all these years.

Even if their kids never get into extracurricular activities, they still get more expensive as they grow. One of the Seewald parents is going to need a real job one day, and we all know many families depend on two paychecks to get by. Many entry level jobs with a degree start a fairly low pay, without a degree, even less. 

Maybe they look at Sierra, who seems to live okay with one salary, a few influencer gigs, raising a gaggle of kids.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to to avoid working when they just don't want to, no matter how dire their circumstances. They just "find a way to make it all work!", including grifting and various shady businesses.  I imagine having been regularly on tv for years would make those people even less inclined to work a 9-5. I'd go as far as to say that most Duggars--if the show ended and they weren't worth anything in the fundie speaking gig circuit or they couldn't make a business profitable--would secretly attempt getting on public assistance before working a W-4 job.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

One of the best kept secrets! Years ago I went down the reality TV pay rabbit hole and found some info on the Gosselin clan, the housewives industry, etc and came to a guesstimate. But the Duggar set up is complicated and makes comparisons difficult.

I'm guessing the kids, other than Jill, received no pay for the years they were minors. I'm not even sure the adult unmarrieds receive anything from TLC or anything consistent from JB. I do think the married couples receive consistent pay, either from TLC or JB.

But if we look at it from a different angle, the angle of how much money they appear to spend, compared to their expenses, I'm guessing the Seewalds must bring in around $40,000 - $70,000 a year. I live in an expensive part of the country so I sometimes overestimate the cost of living in other areas.

I'm not sure they spend anywhere near as much as it appears. The family is full of grifters, and they are surrounded by people happily willing to be conned continuously. If Jill R can manage to get cars and a house from kindly fools, the Duggars could go generations comfortably living of fundie largess.

• Love 8

Of course, Jill R's kids are starving. And she and her kids are crammed into a hunk of tin that's nevertheless a fire trap with no central heat.

The Duggarlings will certainly grift.

But I'm not sure the grifting is often as successful as it would need to be to support all of them in the style to which they've become accustomed -- and keep on doing it into their old age, for which they won't be prepared.

Not sure Jessa is going to be very good at grifting/begging, either. Seems to me that other people have mostly done that for her. And unless and until she has a whole lot more kids, she won't have the gimmick that her parents and Jill R primarily use to fuel their massive grifting.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
46 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Not sure Jessa is going to be very good at grifting/begging, either. Seems to me that other people have mostly done that for her. And unless and until she has a whole lot more kids, she won't have the gimmick that her parents and Jill R primarily use to fuel their massive grifting.

That's when Jessa will go the adoption route. Judging by what I see on YouTube, if you're a white couple with a racially diverse assortment of photogenic kids you make absolute bank. I watched an "opening viewer mail" video from one of those families and their living room was packed floor to ceiling with Amazon boxes. Of course the downside is innocent children are exploited for money, but hey, beats working for a living, right?

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That's when Jessa will go the adoption route. Judging by what I see on YouTube, if you're a white couple with a racially diverse assortment of photogenic kids you make absolute bank. I watched an "opening viewer mail" video from one of those families and their living room was packed floor to ceiling with Amazon boxes. Of course the downside is innocent children are exploited for money, but hey, beats working for a living, right?

Yeah, as you say, she certainly wouldn't be the first to do that. Let's hope Bin picks up a job skill instead. Not beyond the realm of possibility. He wasn't raised with the Duggar lack-of-work ethic. Or maybe, as some suggest, he actually does have a job other than TTH tutor and is just keeping it quiet at the request of his employer. Hoping that's the case.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, Jill R's kids are starving. And she and her kids are crammed into a hunk of tin that's nevertheless a fire trap with no central heat.

The Duggarlings will certainly grift.

But I'm not sure the grifting is often as successful as it would need to be to support all of them in the style to which they've become accustomed -- and keep on doing it into their old age, for which they won't be prepared.

I hope you're right but people are stupid, and that stupidity becomes monumental when any level of celebrity is involved.

48 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Bite your tongue. They've been doing it for years but still, every time they talk about adoption, my blood runs cold.

• Love 6

Bin might have ended up with a degree in Bible, but his schooling didn't seem to end with any kind of celebration.  It's probably more of an embarrassment than anything since it's worthless and he isn't going to do anything with it.  Bin has no self-confidence and being a Duggar drone hasn't done him any good.

ETA:  Bin needs to get past this expectation that he should be a preacher and realize that there are other possibilities out there.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 12

I can understand Ben’s low self-esteem. He was emasculated the second Papa Seewald urged him to move into JB’s warehouse.

I’ll never forget JB pulling him by his tie at Jill’s wedding. Of course Boob was braying like the disgusting donkey he is. Looking at the camera. He knew he was humiliating Ben on national TV. I was furious, I can’t believe his father didn’t come get him after seeing that. Ben was just a teen, a misguided, horny teen. Boob is still dragging him around by his... let’s say tie. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I’ll never forget JB pulling him by his tie at Jill’s wedding. Of course Boob was braying like the disgusting donkey he is. Looking at the camera. He knew he was humiliating Ben on national TV. I was furious, I can’t believe his father didn’t come get him after seeing that. Ben was just a teen, a misguided, horny teen. Boob is still dragging him around by his... let’s say tie. 

Oh wow. What led up to this?

I must confess, I wasn't aware of this incident. I've always placed a lot of blame on the Seewald family for encouraging such an idiotic courtship, but that's especially egregious for them to continue promoting it after that happened. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Oh wow. What led up to this?

I must confess, I wasn't aware of this incident. I've always placed a lot of blame on the Seewald family for encouraging such an idiotic courtship, but that's especially egregious for them to continue promoting it after that happened. 

I think they were in the area where the males were getting ready. Seemed like Ben’s tie was not tied to Boob’s standards. Boob said “we can’t have that,” and pulled Ben by the tie while looking at the camera knowing damn well he was humiliating that teen.

I am not suggesting Boob hurt him physically, but that smug look on his donkey face triggered my mama bear instinct. The cruelty is the point.

I’m sure other people here recall better than me. It’s like when Boob said Jeremy’s closet smelled, and asked how he was going to support Jinger’s thrift shopping on a small salary. 

Or when he body slammed Josiah while paint ball and on his talking head was gloating. “Oh you saw that,” Boob said during the talking head, very proud of body slamming a kid so much smaller than him. Boob is a cruel, abusive, POS.

Papa Seewald should make amends by helping his son get a pair, and move close to his family. IIRC Ben worked at his father’s windshield business and at an insurance office prior to his emasculation.

OK, rant over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, SMama said:

I think they were in the area where the males were getting ready. Seemed like Ben’s tie was not tied to Boob’s standards. Boob said “we can’t have that,” and pulled Ben by the tie while looking at the camera knowing damn well he was humiliating that teen.

I am not suggesting Boob hurt him physically, but that smug look on his donkey face triggered my mama bear instinct. The cruelty is the point.

I’m sure other people here recall better than me. It’s like when Boob said Jeremy’s closet smelled, and asked how he was going to support Jinger’s thrift shopping on a small salary. 

Or when he body slammed Josiah while paint ball and on his talking head was gloating. “Oh you saw that,” Boob said during the talking head, very proud of body slamming a kid so much smaller than him. Boob is a cruel, abusive, POS.

Papa Seewald should make amends by helping his son get a pair, and move close to his family. IIRC Ben worked at his father’s windshield business and at an insurance office prior to his emasculation.

OK, rant over.

Yeah that sounds pretty on point for JB. I knew he also made snide comments to Jeremy about being able to support Jinger's shopping habit--I think about that a lot when Jeremy whips out another fashionista item for himself hehe--but I didn't realize he said Jeremy's closet smelled. Damn I don't even like Jeremy, but that's just childish. 

• Love 13

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he said it smelled of dirty shoes. Or something related to shoes. This is rich coming from the cheap bastard who bought Walmart flip flops for his daughters, and used shoes for all his kids. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, SMama said:

OK, rant over.

Excellent rant. Duggar-parent ego has caused a lot of harm. And goes on causing it.

And as far as I can see, it causes no good whatsoever. Yet the world's rewarded it mightily. And they believe that God has, too. 

Blast you, TLC. 

7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah that sounds pretty on point for JB. I knew he also made snide comments to Jeremy about being able to support Jinger's shopping habit--I think about that a lot when Jeremy whips out another fashionista item for himself hehe--but I didn't realize he said Jeremy's closet smelled. Damn I don't even like Jeremy, but that's just childish. 

"'Childish,' thy name is Jim Bob." 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, lascuba said:

It's amazing the lengths people will go to to avoid working when they just don't want to, no matter how dire their circumstances. They just "find a way to make it all work!", including grifting and various shady businesses.  I imagine having been regularly on tv for years would make those people even less inclined to work a 9-5. I'd go as far as to say that most Duggars--if the show ended and they weren't worth anything in the fundie speaking gig circuit or they couldn't make a business profitable--would secretly attempt getting on public assistance before working a W-4 job.

I'm not sure they spend anywhere near as much as it appears. The family is full of grifters, and they are surrounded by people happily willing to be conned continuously. If Jill R can manage to get cars and a house from kindly fools, the Duggars could go generations comfortably living of fundie largess.

IMO Duggar time is, and will be, a significant psychological obstacle for any of them to confront in order to accept the reality that full-time, gainful employment is the only way to keep a roof over their rapidly multiplying heads, food in their mouths, clothes on their backs and flip flops on their feet.  It will not be a small thing for any of them to grapple with the idea that it is in fact possible to get into a routine, follow a schedule and report to work at a designated time and place, every work day, not just if it suits what you think is your priority for the day or if you will miss someone's gender reveal or would rather hop in the private plane to visit someone a few hours flight away instead.

I think introduction of a structured schedule is one of the things that's done Jill a world of good.

Edited by Tikichick
  • Love 20
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, how did I miss all that? I'll have to go back and try and watch these episodes. They only thing I remember is JB asking Jeremy if he'll be able to afford Jinger's shopping habit.

Correct me if I’m wrong. I recall the Ben incident but read about Jeremy’s closet here. And if it happened, why in hell was Boob looking in a grown man’s closet?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Correct me if I’m wrong. I recall the Ben incident but read about Jeremy’s closet here. And if it happened, why in hell was Boob looking in a grown man’s closet?

He's someone used to having financial control over his brood and being in a persistent position of headship -- why would any of them have a closet door, a drawer, a computer or anything that he was not free to access as he wishes?

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, SMama said:

And if it happened, why in hell was Boob looking in a grown man’s closet?

Because he’s an ass? That was the same episode where Jinger commented on Jeremy’s “massive bed”. 🤣

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, SMama said:

It was an episode about JB, Michelle, and Jinger going to Laredo to see Jeremy's place, so JB poked his nose everywhere and made snide/"funny" comments. They later went out to eat and talked about Jeremy's future plans re: Jinger.

While I don't give the Duggars or their hangers on much benefit of the doubt on anything, I do tend to dismiss a lot of their onscreen interactions as exaggerations for the cameras. But that episode? JB meant every word he said. He looked pissed. If I thought Jinger had the spine, I'd think JB had tried to end the relationship and Jinger refused, maybe even threatening to go to the media if he pushed. The tension emanating from JB in that episode was palpable in a way I hadn't seen before or since.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It was an episode about JB, Michelle, and Jinger going to Laredo to see Jeremy's place, so JB poked his nose everywhere and made snide/"funny" comments. They later went out to eat and talked about Jeremy's future plans re: Jinger.

While I don't give the Duggars or their hangers on much benefit of the doubt on anything, I do tend to dismiss a lot of their onscreen interactions as exaggerations for the cameras. But that episode? JB meant every word he said. He looked pissed. If I thought Jinger had the spine, I'd think JB had tried to end the relationship and Jinger refused, maybe even threatening to go to the media if he pushed. The tension emanating from JB in that episode was palpable in a way I hadn't seen before or since.

taking my reply to the Jeremy& Jinger thread.

how odd. cant find it now but i was reading here and saw someone mention grifting and then said they had seen a online family's video of opening 'mail' that was actually a ceiling high pile of amazon boxes. i bet i watched that same video!

• Love 1