Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

However, an open question is "what kind of idiot?"  An Amish idiot? A mafia made-man idiot? A Jimmy Stewart driving through Pottersville idiot? Just a guy who drives his car wearing long underwear idiot?

Bin's beards have made me suspect he often plays characters that are in his head and assumes getups that fit the characters. (maybe as a form of desperately needed escapism...😁)  So who is he now, driving the car?  And where is he driving to, in his mind?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

However, an open question is "what kind of idiot?"  An Amish idiot? A mafia made-man idiot? A Jimmy Stewart driving through Pottersville idiot? Just a guy who drives his car wearing long underwear idiot?

Before I saw your post, first thing I thought he looked like an Amish idiot..lol! I do notice from that side view though, Henry is all Ben..

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Bin's beards have made me suspect he often plays characters that are in his head and assumes getups that fit the characters. (maybe as a form of desperately needed escapism...😁)  So who is he now, driving the car?  And where is he driving to, in his mind?

I think he looks like he's a moonshiner driving a load through the mountains during Prohibition.  

• LOL 17

I thought he looked like some guy driving along, paying attention to the road, and the person in the passenger seat decided to take a picture.

2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Ben is cosplaying as Weird Al.

I don't see that, but the video is hilarious!

• Love 2

I don’t think getting excited about trash/recycling pick-up means they’re bored. It IS a cool thing to watch, especially for kids that young. When my boys were about Spurge and Henry’s ages, they would watch any truck doing anything. The highlight of their spring one year was when their grandparents had a pool put in... not the finished product, but watching the trucks do all the work of digging the hole.

In general, I’m not sure what else Jessa could be expected to do to entertain three young children. She has all kinds of play equipment in the backyard, a house full of books that they seem to enjoy, and a decent selection of toys . She lets then ride little bikes in the house and has them help her make smoothies and do other cooking. She brings them to the big house to play with aunts and cousins. I feel like they have a pretty good day-to-day life.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Those poor kids are BORED.

Not necessarily.  I grew up in the 60’s and my sister and I had some toys, a swing set, trikes/bikes, a large yard, and that’s about it, but we were never bored, that I remember.  We made our own fun, because we were young and imaginative, and we loved watching people work at doing anything, including trash pickup.  Personally I don’t think Jessa’s 3 kiddos have that bad of a life, and they always appear to be happy and content.  Sorry for veering off-topic for a minute. 😔

• Love 4
On 11/2/2020 at 11:59 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

What is that thing on the couch next to the phone? I keep looking at it and can't make sense of it. Glasses?

A dried-up umbilical cord?

14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Those poor kids are BORED ING.

There, fixed it for ya.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I’ll believe that before I believe she has a “generous attitude.” 

Kind spirit?!

Jessa told Jana/Michelle that the internet thinks she's a cold hearted, selfish bitch.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I watched the video and Spurge's birthday week consisted of opening gifts I'm 99% sure were just random shit sent by fans. Jessa didn't even bother to wrap anything properly and delivered his biggest gift, a tool box, in a pillowcase. Classy stuff. Spurge also received an adult-sized hammer, two boxes of nails and pliers; perfect items to have laying around in a house with small children and lax supervision. 🙄

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I watched the video and Spurge's birthday week consisted of opening gifts I'm 99% sure were just random shit sent by fans. Jessa didn't even bother to wrap anything properly and delivered his biggest gift, a tool box, in a pillowcase. Classy stuff. Spurge also received an adult-sized hammer, two boxes of nails and pliers; perfect items to have laying around in a house with small children and lax supervision. 🙄

Last Christmas "Santa" brought my then 3 year old nephew his own tool box.  The tools were all child-size but also are actual tools.  The hammer is a legit hammer and could actually be used to hammer in a nail.  This was not my sister's intent when purchasing, just what ended up happening.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Last Christmas "Santa" brought my then 3 year old nephew his own tool box.  The tools were all child-size but also are actual tools.  The hammer is a legit hammer and could actually be used to hammer in a nail.  This was not my sister's intent when purchasing, just what ended up happening.

The tools came in separate Amazon packages, not inside the box as a complete set. It wouldn't even phase me except the Duggars are lazy idiots who don't watch their kids. 

• Love 14
On 11/5/2020 at 10:47 AM, auntieminem said:

Sorry...Not sure what's going on with the quote box.

Just watched Spurgeon opening his gifts.... A full sized hammer, tape measure, nails and pliers around those kids with the habit of bare feet and little supervision seems like an injury in the making.... Spurgeon was banging nails into old boards laying on the ground and I'll be surprised if they don't wind up with a nail through a foot.

I thought it was funny when Ben's one rule for the hammer was "Don't hit the house" it made me wonder if they have aluminum siding.

Also noticed that starving Henry the Pepper King was carrying around a big bag of carrots and gobbling them up one after another.

Overall it was a drab looking birthday with gifts in plastic shopping bags, cardboard boxes and pillow cases..... Didn't see any cake or other party favors and while Spurgeon seemed OK with the gifts I didn't think there was any real excitement or surprise over any of them.

To each their own but our kids always liked the birthday atmosphere as much as the gifts because it was their special day, the way Jessa does it is "hand the kid a shopping bag or pillow case with an item tossed inside every day for a week"  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Spurgeon's hair is a victim of Jessa's home haircuts. If she wants him to keep the curly mop, she has to take him to an actual hair dresser. Not just cut it herself. 

He's going to end up with a buzz cut the way Jessa is going. I trimmed my bangs three times before I felt comfortable going to the hairdresser and I caused quite the mess. It's going to take a couple more professional cuts to fix them. Jessa, stop cutting his hair! Leave it to the pros!

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Spurgeon's hair is a victim of Jessa's home haircuts. If she wants him to keep the curly mop, she has to take him to an actual hair dresser. Not just cut it herself. 

He's going to end up with a buzz cut the way Jessa is going. I trimmed my bangs three times before I felt comfortable going to the hairdresser and I caused quite the mess. It's going to take a couple more professional cuts to fix them. Jessa, stop cutting his hair! Leave it to the pros!

But...but... but home haircuts are part of the Duggar Brand®. Jessa ain't toppling that apple cart; it pays her bills.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But...but... but home haircuts are part of the Duggar Brand®. Jessa ain't toppling that apple cart; it pays her bills.

Exactly... That wouldn't fit with the super, happy, FRUGAL, mommy, wifey, helper, incubator etc.

Paying someone to cut your kids hair when you can hack it off yourself is a waste of your HUSBANDS money. 💵 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly... That wouldn't fit with the super, happy, FRUGAL, mommy, wifey, helper, incubator etc.

Paying someone to cut your kids hair when you can hack it off yourself is a waste of your HUSBANDS daddy’s money. 💵 

Fixed that for you, since daddy pays the husband for toilet scrubbing and tutoring 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Of all the Duggar Brand Hills Jessa is willing to die on. 😂 I'm pretty sure JD is the only one who has a home hair cut now. 

It's not like Jessa has to take him to an upscale kid's salon either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

For a couple of years, I bought pretty pillow cases, put draw strings in them, and used them for the wrapping for Christmas gifts.  The pillow case/draw string bag was part of the gift.  But I bought pretty ones (usually on sale), and put time into making them useful.  So, pillow cases CAN make nice gift bags.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

For a couple of years, I bought pretty pillow cases, put draw strings in them, and used them for the wrapping for Christmas gifts.  The pillow case/draw string bag was part of the gift.  But I bought pretty ones (usually on sale), and put time into making them useful.  So, pillow cases CAN make nice gift bags.

When's the last time Jessa sewed something? Can she even sew at all?

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

When's the last time Jessa sewed something? Can she even sew at all?

She could put a little effort in and just put a pretty ribbon or string in the top hem of the pillow case and not even have to sew.  But you are correct.  Cutting two tiny slits and finding a safety pin to thread the ribbon may be beyond her skill set.

• Love 4