Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I just can't get excited about any of these people pumping out baby after baby.  It's always the same- they wait for some magazine to pay for photos, they recite the party line about being so blessed and how older sibling(s) are so excited.  Same old, same old.

As far as the Duggars travelling to LA goes- you can't fix stupid I guess.  For the past two years my husband and I have been going to my daughter and her husband's place for Thanksgiving.  She has had to work so I would make the dinner.  This year she told us not to come- she doesn't want to possibly expose us after working in the hospital.  So we are staying home.  

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Evangeline is such an elegant name, tacking "Jo" on to the end kind of cheapens it. Evangeline Joanna would've been prettier.

You can take the girl out of hillbilly Arkansas, but you can’t take the Arkansas out of the girl 🤣. I hate that they named her Evangeline because that’s one of my favorite Matthew Sweet songs. Meh. But of course they will use a nickname (I prefer full names).

34 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

She’s going to be “Evvy Jo” and you can practically hear the banjos.

RFP did not think that through.

Exactly!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Evangeline is such an elegant name, tacking "Jo" on to the end kind of cheapens it. Evangeline Joanna would've been prettier.

I thought so too. Sounds like something out of a Petticoat Junction episode. (Not that I dislike Petticoat Junction--I like the show, but it's not where I'd draw my inspiration for names from!) 

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

Not like Evy Jo is going to be spending any length of time with her cousins Ivy Jane and Evy Mae for it to be a huge issue. 

There's 19 of them who are reproducing at ridiculous rates. A lot of the popular names for girls have a similar feel or cadence right now. Ivy and Evelyn are super popular. Evangeline is gaining in popularity so...

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I just can't get excited about any of these people pumping out baby after baby.  It's always the same- they wait for some magazine to pay for photos, they recite the party line about being so blessed and how older sibling(s) are so excited.  Same old, same old.

As far as the Duggars travelling to LA goes- you can't fix stupid I guess.  For the past two years my husband and I have been going to my daughter and her husband's place for Thanksgiving.  She has had to work so I would make the dinner.  This year she told us not to come- she doesn't want to possibly expose us after working in the hospital.  So we are staying home.  

It is incredibly stupid that they have relatives from all over the country traveling and visiting during a pandemic. Besides Covid, there is another virus, RSV, that affect infants and cause a lot of harm.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Not a huge fan of Evangaline, I hope they call her Eva.  Hopefully not Vaggy.

There was a character on a soap named Evangeline and they called her Vangy. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 6

Like many of you, I think that the Jo middle name is just a bit short to go with Evangeline.  I admit that I'm not a fan of giving a child one name and then stating, "but we're going to call her/him this other name".  Why not just name the kid that name that you are calling them by?  I've always felt that nicknames need to spontaneously happen and not specified.  I could be biased since my childhood nickname is in no way connected to my name.  That being said, I am glad that they are all healthy and hopefully no one contracts COVID.

• Love 17

Jo is a weirdly humble way to end an elegant name like Evangeline but I get the shortness.  They wanted to honor the “Joseph” in Jeremy’s name.  Any variation of “Joanna” or “Johanna” would have been too close to her 3 sisters with the same name.  “Evangeline Josephine” (too much of a rhyme scheme) or “Evangeline Josephina” would have been a mouthful.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Jo is a weirdly humble way to end an elegant name like Evangeline but I get the shortness.  They wanted to honor the “Joseph” in Jeremy’s name.  Any variation of “Joanna” or “Johanna” would have been too close to her 3 sisters with the same name and “Evangeline Josephine” or Evangeline Josephina” would have been a mouthful.

If the idea is honorific, then why not use a variant on Jeremy's first name? Not that there's really a feminine form of Jeremy, but I have heard of girls named Jeremie, which actually wouldn't sound bad with Evangeline.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Evangeline Jo? Never would have guessed that one. Glad the birth went well though.

I guessed Evangeline. It makes sense they went with Jo, since they used Jinger's middle name for Felicity.

ETA: Josh and Anna are the only Duggars to have a child with a J name and it's in the middle. I wonder how many grandchildren it will be before J rears it's head again?

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 7
On 11/8/2020 at 10:52 PM, awaken said:

I think seraphina or evangeline would be possible choices. Although I really like those names and would be sad to see those dimwits use it. 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:45 PM, awaken said:

I could totally see them using Josephine. 

@awaken came the closest with her guesses of Evangeline and Josephine. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 13
On 11/18/2020 at 8:37 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Yeah I thought Jinger would be induced early like she was with Felicity. Although pandemic restrictions and all that in LA, I am going to assume they're told Jinger to wait until she's in labor. Unless they're doing a homebirth so Vuolo #2 gets a birth special. 

My bet is on Evangeline Diana or something like that as the name. 

@PikaScrewChu is a close second with their guess of Evangeline Diana. (I agree Diana (Jeremy's mother's name) was a good guess for a middle name.)

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. I prefer to call adults with all of their cognitive abilities by their legal names. Of course I know that’s ME, I respect people enough to call them what they want. To my ear a diminutive like “Jo” is for a baby not an adult woman. 

You would never make it in most Hispanic families. I have 6 cousins and no one is called by their actual full name! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 11/5/2020 at 6:44 PM, Nysha said:

My guess for the baby's name was Evanglia/Evangeline until Joy used Evelyn, so now my best guess is Seraphina. I think Cecilia would go with Felicity but Lissy and Cissy might be a bit too matchy.

Honorable mention goes to @Nysha for mentioning Evangeline in her guess. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I thought so too. Sounds like something out of a Petticoat Junction episode. (Not that I dislike Petticoat Junction--I like the show, but it's not where I'd draw my inspiration for names from!) 

I was just coming on here to say that! Waiting for Bobbie Jo, Billie Jo and Betty Jo to come from Hooterville on the Cannonball!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Zella said:

LOL, it was my first thought.

I think Evangeline is a pretty name, but Jo?  Ugh.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

LOL, it was my first thought.

I think Evangeline is a pretty name, but Jo?  Ugh.

Evangeline is really a gorgeous name. And I don't really think Jo is a great name, though I think it can be a cute nickname. The two of them paired together is like, I don't know, going to a hoedown in a prom dress. Or a prom in overalls. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I was just coming on here to say that! Waiting for Bobbie Jo, Billie Jo and Betty Jo to come from Hooterville on the Cannonball!

I actually had the honor of meeting the Petticoat Junction girls in 1996.  
I had won a radio station contest trip to LA to attend the Hollywood premiere party for Nick At Nite.  You had to correctly identify 5 tv show theme songs after hearing  5 second clips.  At the end of the week, the station picked a winner from the 5 daily winners.

I had a wonderful time.  The PJ ‘girls’ were lovely and quite friendly.  The party was on the Paramount backlot, and we got to tour some of the sets (Fraiser was my favorite).  The meals were served on aluminum TV dinner trays, and there were lots of other celebs there.

A great time was had by all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

I had won a radio station contest trip to LA to attend the Hollywood premiere party for Nick At Nite.  You had to correctly identify 5 tv show theme songs after hearing  5 second clips.  At the end of the week, the station picked a winner from the 5 daily winners.

I had a wonderful time.  The PJ ‘girls’ were lovely and quite friendly.  The party was on the Paramount backlot, and we got to tour some of the sets (Fraiser was my favorite).  The meals were served on aluminum TV dinner trays, and there were lots of other celebs there.

I bet that was a blast!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, marypat57 said:

I loved that show as kid! 

• Love 3