Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Pandemic or not, they still need help with Felicity. Who else but the grandparents? Statistically the chance of any one particular person having covid is still small and I'm sure they senior Vuolos have been as careful as possible in anticipation of their trip.

Edited by Dehumidifier
Duplicate word.
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Pandemic or not, they still need help with Felicity. Who else but the grandparents? Statistically the chance of any one person particular person having covid is still small and I'm sure they senior Vuolos have been as careful as possible in anticipation of their trip.

Well, maybe the younger Vuolos could have pulled their weight a little more and not had a maskless shower, among other things? I've spent the last several months worrying very much about my grandparents and dad/stepmom contracting this. I can't imagine being that thoughtless toward my own baby AND my in-laws/parents. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
21 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wait... WHAT??? They had a maskless shower for Prop 2.0??? Seriously???

That's what people were saying whenever they had the shower recently. It was right after the pedicure. 

Edited: people were posting on Sunday about it being not socially distanced. So, maybe they were wearing masks, but they're still not really following the rules. 

On 11/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, Temperance said:

Princess Jinger had some sort of non-social distanced baby shower today. I feel so sorry for the delivery team she's putting at risk when she finally has the baby.  She is one selfish a**hole. 

Just quoting this to show where the information came from. Maybe @Temperance can elaborate on what she saw? I didn't see anything on Instagram, but it may have been a story.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Zella said:

Well, maybe the younger Vuolos could have pulled their weight a little more and not had a maskless shower, among other things? I've spent the last several months worrying very much about my grandparents and dad/stepmom contracting this. I can't imagine being that thoughtless toward my own baby AND my in-laws/parents. 

Exactly. They were out shopping, etc. And I’m sure continued attending the maskless mega church. Unbelievably irresponsible.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly. They were out shopping, etc. And I’m sure continued attending the maskless mega church. Unbelievably irresponsible.

I am 99.9% sure they continued attending MacArthur's Maskless Wonderland and just didn't post about it. Jeremy also seems to have a standing maskless breakfast date with that one dude. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Boosting their immune systems through exercise and exposure to sunshine. Most serious Covid victims have been found to be low in vitamin D.

Source?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Nah Michele doesn’t care and probably could not identify  Jinger in a line up.

M (w or w/o JB) can't go to LA to look after Felicity. Because if she/they did, they'd have to bring Jana and Hannie along to actually look after Felicity (and M & JB). 

But that can't happen because Jana and Hannie have to stay at the TTH to do the cooking, cleaning and laundry for the crowd that lives there. Since you certainly can't expect 20-something men to do those things. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

That's certainly interesting, but I find the idea that they're flouting valid COVID regulations to get vitamin D is somehow preferable to wearing a mask and social distancing pretty ridiculous. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Most times, what Jeremy sees as significant  is tagged.

DCD9F6CF-402B-45AC-B398-928E1188560E.jpeg

FEBBBE88-7FE9-44CB-AFAE-4DC0DE53DF3B.jpeg

Well, I have to say that this may be a decent business move. Jer's found somebody to shill for whose market probably includes at least a few people who'd like Jer -- I'm not sure how well he meshes with "urban culture," Christian or not. He mainly seems like a grandpa-ish get-off-my-lawn 45-year-old to me.

Nevertheless.....an amalgam of Christian culture and the young is much closer to the market he might appeal to and wants to appeal to than the mainstream markets of many of the products they've taken up. This guy's site has a fairly decent domain-authority ranking, so maybe he's even an up-and-comer. 

Rapzilla.com: Christian Rap & Urban Christian Culture

rapzilla.com

Christian Rap & Urban Christian Culture's most visited destination has been Rapzilla.com, since 2003. The top source for new Christian Hip Hop music, news, ...

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, EAG46 said:

I'm on the secular side but my faith and my ethnicity is not some damn toy.  Pompous ignorant jackasses.  

I couldn't imagine them having to refrain from work (aka the 'gram) for 25 hours at least once a week. 

Says the person who posts on Shabbat waaaaay too often... 😬

As for the grandparents being there, I think they're prepping for a homebirth for a birth special. Jeremy would have to be recording if they were in a hospital or birthing suite. They didn't do a special with Evy did they?

As reckless as they all are, it's probably better for Chuck and Diana to be there so Prop doesn't get to witness the miracle of life. That and Prop is probably confused as to whom Meech is. Is she Grandma? Is she Lolli? Is she a new Grandma? Are they all the same person???

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, there is some evidence. Nevertheless, NO knowledgeable or responsible person would ever say that you shouldn't also wear masks and social distance, along with boosting your vitamin D levels if you can. Among other reason, of course, is the fact that even if you're one of those who exhibits extremely mild Covid symptoms or even none at all, you can still spread it to others. 

Does vitamin D protect against COVID-19?

There is some evidence to suggest that vitamin D might help protect against becoming infected with, and developing serious symptoms of, COVID-19. We know, for example, that people with low vitamin D levels may be more susceptible to upper respiratory tract infections. One meta-analysis found that people who took vitamin D supplements, particularly those who had low vitamin D levels, were less likely to develop acute respiratory tract infections than those who didn't.

Vitamin D may protect against COVID-19 in two ways. First, it may help boost our bodies' natural defense against viruses and bacteria. Second, it may help prevent an exaggerated inflammatory response, which has been shown to contribute to severe illness in some people with COVID-19.

Our bodies make vitamin D when exposed to sunshine. Five to 10 minutes of sun exposure on some or most days of the week to the arms, legs, or back without sunscreen will enable you to make enough of the vitamin. Good food sources of vitamin D include fatty fish (such as tuna, mackerel, and salmon), foods fortified with vitamin D (such as dairy products, soy milk, and cereals), cheese, and egg yolks.

The recommended dietary dose of vitamin D is 600 IU each day for adults 70 and younger and 800 IU each day for adults over 70. A daily supplement containing 1,000 to 2,000 IU of vitamin D is likely safe for most people. For adults, the risk of harmful effects increases above 4,000 IU per day.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/treatments-for-covid-19

Since my SIL lives in one of the sunniest places in the US, which, currently has one of the highest infection rates in the country, I'm not sure how much stock I put in that.  

I'm sure that Mr Pocketsquare and Jing aren't worried about getting it. They're so Godly that He will surely protect them. Who needs masks and social distancing? Irresponsible idiots. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Since my SIL lives in one of the sunniest places in the US, which, currently has one of the highest infection rates in the country, I'm not sure how much stock I put in that.  

I'm sure that Mr Pocketsquare and Jing aren't worried about getting it. They're so Godly that He will surely protect them. Who needs masks and social distancing? Irresponsible idiots. 

Well, as they say here -- "some evidence to suggest." That just means that It may well help, or at least may help some people, but don't drop all other precautions and bet your life on it.  

There are a list of solid scientific reasons to think that vitamin D may help some here, given the mechanisms of this virus and the things in your body that vitamin D affects. And there have been studies that show some effects.  

But studies of nutrients never show full-scale prevention of anything. There's too much else involved in how your body and diseases operate. And nobody responsible ever says -- Yeah, just take that vitamin and you'll be safe from X, Y or Z. 

Plus, who thinks these two dunderheads even know about this information? They obviously don't know anything about masks and social distancing and what they're really for. Why would they know about anything else either? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Moderator Announcement- your post should be PRIMARILY about Jeremy and Jinger. If they are briefly mentioned you may take the conversation to small talk- if they aren’t mentioned at all the conversation ONLY belongs in Small Talk. 

• Love 3

Pregnant women are at higher risk for severe complications from covid, so that alone should have made Jin and Jer to take the precautions seriously. NYC is shutting down schools as their positivity rate nears 3, LA has a positivity rate of over 4, another reason for Jin & Jer not to be careless.

I'd say the fact that 12 million US citizens, from every state, came down with the same virus in 9 months, would make one think its highly contagious. 

I hope for the new baby's sake, they are all covid free, but they're idiots to roll the dice the way they have been.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I thought Jinger was having another hospital birth? I'm not sure where I got that aside from Jinger not liking pain and Jeremy probably not liking a big mess in his grifted house.

I'm sure the owners of the house don't want a ruined couch.

• LOL 9

I don't see a homebirth AT ALL for these two. (And that's one of their smarter decisions.) I could be wrong, but I just don't see Jinger punching out a kid on the sofa like Jessa. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Pandemic or not, they still need help with Felicity. Who else but the grandparents? Statistically the chance of any one particular person having covid is still small and I'm sure they senior Vuolos have been as careful as possible in anticipation of their trip.

There’s nothing to suggest that any of these people would be as careful as possible, or careful at all. Everything we’ve seen indicates the opposite. 

• Love 16
41 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't think Jinger would have Prop #2 at home for the pittance they might receive from TLC. She was extremely quick to chose a hospital birth for Felicity. 

Were they able to film for Felicity's birth? I can't remember.

We'll see how starved for content TLC is with their "breakout" stars. At the rate Counting On airs things, Prop #2's birth will be re-packaged to aired before their book release. That is, if there is any footage. 

6 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Sucked when the preliminary results came out because they won't cover Vitamin D supplements for me and the pharmacies have been out of Vitamin D supplements for ages.

Amazon has Vitamin D available, if that helps. I really don’t think Jinjer are planning their COVID prevention strategy around vitamins—or at all. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Does this mean Meech is also in town? Don't these people listen to the advice not to travel?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH57Civltpp/?igshid=1bh4twrwhvsbp

When he posted the picture of Jordyn's "baking," it made me wonder if part or all of the Duggar circus had shown up. Because it seemed unlikely that he'd post her if she wasn't present. (Like, I don't see the family sending him that picture and him then posting it.)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Anna posted that pic yesterday with Josie at the sale. So we know she didn't go. Why Jordyn? She was on Jessa's buddy team.

It is weird. If they are there, I wonder how many of them there are. 

Would just like to note that Arkansas has been setting virus records almost every day for the past week or so. I can't really overstate how foolish it is for them to be traveling. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

So we know that Mr & Mrs Vuolo senior are there, Jordan and possibly an adult Duggar.  I wonder how dear Jinger is doing...

I'm hoping the fact that Jeremy and Jordyn are goofing off together means that she's okay and not having any complications or issues. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Maybe Michelle only brought Jordyn with her and left the other kids under the care of the DILs and and Jessa, with JB either hanging around doing nothing or hanging around doing nothing in LA.

Hannie is Jinger's last buddy, but she's babysitting for Joystin in OK this weekend. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, Zella said:

When he posted the picture of Jordyn's "baking," it made me wonder if part or all of the Duggar circus had shown up. Because it seemed unlikely that he'd post her if she wasn't present. (Like, I don't see the family sending him that picture and him then posting it.)

Yes, jordyn is an interesting choice of kids to bring along. I wonder why her?  And if any of the other siblings are also there?  Jana just posted herself and brothers flying somewhere. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, awaken said:

Yes, jordyn is an interesting choice of kids to bring along. I wonder why her?  And if any of the other siblings are also there?  Jana just posted herself and brothers flying somewhere. 

So they're basically all traveling? 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

So they're basically all traveling? 

Interestingly, the plane Jer (and passenger Jed!) used to fly with Jana earlier today is not one that can be publicly tracked. I think Jinger's had the baby by now, or is close to delivering. 

• Love 5

Not all babies come at their due date. I was almost two *weeks* late. Let's hope Jinger doesn't have to wait that long. Or the people waiting with her. Especially the TLC film crew. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, EAG46 said:

Not all babies come at their due date. I was almost two *weeks* late. Let's hope Jinger doesn't have to wait that long. Or the people waiting with her. Especially the TLC film crew. 

That's the truth.  Mine were all over a week overdue, with the last one almost three weeks overdue.  I learned after the first one to not announce my due date.  People constantly asking why the baby wasn't here yet got really annoying.  For the second I announced late and tried to tell people that the baby could come a couple weeks before or after the estimated delivery date.  Same problem with people complaining "Why is this taking so long?"  For the last, I announced late and simply said "Sometime in _____________."

• Love 7
12 hours ago, EAG46 said:

Is the TLC film crew going to travel to California at this time? California is in bad shape because of Covid, with new restrictions daily. Jeremy might have to film this one on his phone.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, EAG46 said:

These days, the general recommendation is to induce labor if the baby is a week late.  There's research that shows the babies are healthier and mom is less likely to need a cesarean than if they wait for labor.  Since Jinger was due on the 19, I expect she will be induced Wednesday if she hasn't been already since Thursday is the holiday.  We know Jing and Jer have no problems with inducing labor, so I am sure it will happen sooner rather than later.

Even if hospitals are full due to COVID, they're going to have room for women to give birth.  

5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is the TLC film crew going to travel to California at this time? California is in bad shape because of Covid, with new restrictions daily. Jeremy might have to film this one on his phone.

They wouldn't be allowed into the hospital anyway.  I am sure they can find a film crew in Southern California if they want shots of the new family at home.  Don't the Duggars' usual film crew fly in from California when they film in Arkansas?  There has been plenty of footage of the Vuolos in LA, I am sure TLC can dispatch a crew on a moment's notice.

• Love 8

TLC could dispatch a crew, but I’m not sure that they will in these worsening circumstances. Especially given that Jinjer‘s household is now full of anti maskers that have been traveling cross country. Could be a super spreader event!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 7