Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Do Jeremy's parents live closer to Cali than Michelle and Boob? I wonder why Jinger and Jeremy asked them to come.

I'm assuming Jinger needs help with Felicity. Jeremy's parents visit frequently and Felicity is probably more comfortable being left alone with them than she would be with Michelle and Boob.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if Baby no 2 is here. I wonder why else Jeremy's parents would be there. Also, I'm sure J'Chelle is pissed  that she's not there. 

Nah Michele doesn’t care and probably could not identify  Jinger in a line up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is he trying to brag about the pool behind him or does his shirt have some sort of significance that I am missing completely?

I think it was a not-so-humble-brag to show off his baller lifestyle. It's like the Insta-whores who post pictures of manicures while their hands rest next to the Mercedes symbol on the steering wheel of their cars.

• Love 14

Do Jeremy's parents live closer to Cali than Michelle and Boob? I wonder why Jinger and Jeremy asked them to come.

They don't live close. They probably are there to babysit for Felicity while Jinger is giving birth. I've been told pre-COVID the new thing was to let Dad stay over. If Jeremy is allowed to, he will probably be staying with Jinger and the baby until it's time to go home. 

No idea if the baby was born. If the baby isn't born yet, she's late to her own birth. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Jinger’s parents still have minor children at home. Not that they actually take care of them, but y’know. That’s one justification.

I actually bet that Jinger didn’t even think of calling her parents to come help her lol

• Love 7
12 hours ago, beckie said:

Amy is a proper name by itself.  It's not always a nickname of Amelia. 

Yes but I was thinking they would give her a nickname, they were right out the door with saying that Felicity would goby Lissy

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've only known one Amelia that I recall, and she didn't have a nickname, per se, but was always sort of called 'Melia, with the initial "A" swallowed. It also makes me think of twins I knew in college whose names were Audrey and Andrea, but they didn't really have nicknames either. If a name doesn't have more than a couple of syllables, there's really not any need to shorten it, though organic nicknames happen, and aren't necessarily shorter than the original name. My granddaughter's (age 2 1l2) name is Remy, but my daughter almost exclusively calls her "Boo-boo", while my son-in-law calls her "Rembo". 

And since a few people here have been forthcoming about their names lately, my name is Ivona. Three syllables, with no real way to shorten it. I've never had a nickname unless you count Iguana (which I actually like, but only because of the history behind it).

Is it eevona or eyevona? 

4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Is it eevona or eyevona? 

Eevona, though not with such a long "E". Hence the Iguana. If you pronounce my name like "Iguana", but with a ''v'' instead of ''gu'', that's probably about as close as you'll get to the original Polish.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Amelia can me Emmy or Lea 

I had a crazy neighbor named Emilia she ruined the name for me 

8 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Eevona, though not with such a long "E". Hence the Iguana. If you pronounce my name like "Iguana", but with a ''v'' instead of ''gu'', that's probably about as close as you'll get to the original Polish.

I got Polish roots I think I am pronouncing it right 

No one called you Evie? 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think it’s a beautiful name! and I’m not at all a nickname person, so think it’s just fine that you ever had one. Neither did I.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Amelia can me Emmy or Lea 

I had a crazy neighbor named Emilia she ruined the name for me 

I got Polish roots I think I am pronouncing it right 

No one called you Evie? 

Nope. Not entirely sure why it never came up, but it never did. Maybe I was just always too much of an introvert/recluse, and outside of school, where I rarely had more than a couple of friends, most of my further circle was through the Polish scouting association, which my dad was a pretty senior part of, and, as I've said, Polish doesn't tend to shorten names, and even when they do, they tend to add another syllable (usually with a "k") in it's place. Once I reached adulthood, my name was just my name, and no one ever questioned whether I went by anything else.

For instance, my dad's name was Franciszek. The diminutive of that is Franek, but the even more diminutive of that is Franuisiek. Well, in his case, his family just took the end of that, and he was known by "Nuisiek". My cousins still refer to him as "Uncle Nuisiek", even though his brothers were the only ones who ever referred to him by that name, but he was the youngest brother, and they were pretty much the only family he had left after WWII. Polish can be a bit hard to fathom.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Poor Jinger looks so miserable there. 

I personally don't think either set of parents should be traveling to California during the pandemic, but I don't blame them at all for picking Jeremy's parents over Jinger's. I figure they would at least make themselves useful. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

No idea if the baby was born. If the baby isn't born yet, she's late to her own birth. 

So she’s on Duggar time. I bet Jeremy is thrilled about that. 

• LOL 9
13 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

My four year old is an Amelia. Amelia Lucille actually ( named after two awesome red heads 😉 ). We tend to call her Millie or Meals. 

I know two Amelias, one called Mia and the other called Millie. I love the name Millie!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Is he trying to brag about the pool behind him or does his shirt have some sort of significance that I am missing completely?

I live at the beach & take loads of photos there of myself and others.  I don't legally own a single square inch of the sand, but often I just happen to be there when it's photo time.  I'm am there a LOT. 

Maybe people think all those shots are just me bragging.  Luckily I don't give a rats ass, as Jerm doesn't seem to.    

I think looking for "significance" in every photograph is a full time job for some people.  Sometimes it's JUST a photo. 

• Love 8

Lol, I’m going to think of Prop #2 as Amelia no matter what they call her because this discussion has gotten so in-depth. As for my Amelia experience, I’ve only known one. She’s about 7 years old and goes by her full name.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I live at the beach & take loads of photos there of myself and others.  I don't legally own a single square inch of the sand, but often I just happen to be there when it's photo time.  I'm am there a LOT. 

Maybe people think all those shots are just me bragging.  Luckily I don't give a rats ass, as Jerm doesn't seem to.    

I think looking for "significance" in every photograph is a full time job for some people.  Sometimes it's JUST a photo. 

In no way was I remotely referring to someone like you. My comment has absolutely nothing to do with you.   I was soley referring to Jeremy Vuolo and his constant efforts to show off with every move and photo op.  He most certainly considers himself an influencer of sorts, so there will always be some significance to his photos.   He would never post just a photo.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, Totally said:

Yes but I was thinking they would give her a nickname, they were right out the door with saying that Felicity would goby Lissy

They call her both, don't they? And, as far as I know, Jinger doesn't have any problems with her cousin. But who know? They are so weird, they'd probably pick something pretentious. 

• LOL 1
46 minutes ago, lascuba said:

My god, she is a dead ringer for Josh in that photo.

I think because Jinger (especially) and Josh are two of the kids that look the most like Michelle

To me, Jinger looks like her mother’s clone in a lot of pics. Funny, because I think Jessa is a dead ringer for their father. For the most part, I think the Duggar boys tend to look like their mom, and the girls like their dad.

• Love 4

Jeremy with his grey beard, pre-morning shower outfit, and weird facial expression... such a terrible picture. I can’t imagine seeing that odd look on my face and that outfit and thinking — yes! POSTED! 😂 But wtf do I know 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Temperance said:

They don't live close. They probably are there to babysit for Felicity while Jinger is giving birth. I've been told pre-COVID the new thing was to let Dad stay over. If Jeremy is allowed to, he will probably be staying with Jinger and the baby until it's time to go home. 

Yes, I think once the father is in, if he leaves he can't come back. So it makes sense they are watching Felicity. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, I think once the father is in, if he leaves he can't come back. So it makes sense they are watching Felicity. 

Most people have relatives babysit older children regardless of whether there's a pandemic. Mom goes to the hospital to have a baby and grandparents or another relative comes to stay with the older children. Among other reasons, Dad and Mom are at the hospital for the birth, and usually they don't want the toddler in the room. 

I also know some people don't have relatives or friends to stay with the older kids, so they find another solution. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Is she shilling a product with this photo? Like a special labor headband? I thought Jeremy’s arm was a pillow. Of course he has a dress shirt on to go to the hospital. He’s such a twat. 

This is from a video. It was Jinger, Jeremy, and Jeremy’s mom. Jeremy’s mom spoke a bit about donating to Swan4kids.

• Useful 4
On 11/20/2020 at 2:07 PM, Pinke said:

*Mine is the French version (Amélie).

I love that name! I’m a big fan of Amélie Nothomb, especially her memoirs. 

Amélie Catherine was the name of our fictional younger sister, on whom my twin and I would blame various unfortunate happenings. Our parents thought it was creative and hilarious, so she really did get us out of trouble a time or two. We’d be interviewed separately, and if (a) there was no proof pointing to one of us specifically and (b) both of us blamed Amélie while keeping a straight face, we’d face pretty minimal consequences. We didn’t overuse poor Amélie, since we were both pretty invested in getting the other one in trouble, so the parents never quite reached the eye-rolling stage with that excuse. Our cousins also had a fictional Amy Katherine, and I don’t really know which of us stole it from the other. The cousins were a bit older, but we were more than a bit smarter. 🙂

Er. I also really love the name Hope, but I don’t mind if Jinje and Jer use it. (We could all use some, these days.) If they do go with another virtue name, they’re kind of committing to the theme, IMO. Their first son, of course, will be named Christian. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Most people have relatives babysit older children regardless of whether there's a pandemic. Mom goes to the hospital to have a baby and grandparents or another relative comes to stay with the older children. Among other reasons, Dad and Mom are at the hospital for the birth, and usually they don't want the toddler in the room. 

I also know some people don't have relatives or friends to stay with the older kids, so they find another solution. 

Well, we know Jeremy and Jinger didn’t bother to quarantine before the arrival of his older parents. And his parents probably didn’t either. And they probably won’t wear masks. Irresponsible twats.

• Love 8
On 11/18/2020 at 4:03 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I assume it’s in part Kelly.

I think its really high fundie standards, and high standards for looks as well. Anyone who meets those standards is likely out of their league, or just simply doesn't exist.

Their sisters are incredibly beautiful, so I think they are looking for an equivalent who is also super fundy and super subservient. AND who would be interested in them as well. Tall order, I think. They will likely be bachelors for a long time and wind up marrying an 18 year old when they are pushing 30. 

The only book I'd be interested in reading from the Duggar Daughters is Jill's book. Everyone else will be sticking to the party line. Nothing new to see there.

• Love 8