Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm kind of surprised that the Fundies haven't invented the pose of having the father squat down and stick his mug right next to the mother's huge belly, cropping the actual mother right out of the photo.  I mean that's what it's all about - the manly man-dude who is man enough to continually knock up his baby delivery system.

True.   To be certain no one gets the wrong idea, maybe better to have father comfortably seated with mother standing behind so as to put the vessel into frame.   Simply frame the shot from neck down on mother, capturing father regally gazing at his impending progeny. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

That’s not a cheap toy, either.

I think they run about 3 grand.  Nice workout if you can get it, I suppose.  I'm sure someone is already notifying Nordic Track about the Vuolo's abhorrent beliefs and the promo will be gone soon enough.

3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Labor Day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHyCJ3ll6Bw/?igshid=jputoysv86m9

I can't believe she's selling Nordic Tracks.

Someone needs to inform Jinger that a bandanna is NOT a mask.

• Love 21
49 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

No, but apparently they qualify as a face covering for going to the store or being where masks are required. I prefer masks though. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm surprised Jer conjugated that verb in Hebrew. This suggests he studies in between photo shoots, lattes, and sucking up to possibly helpful people. Maybe that fat pen has a microchip inside. 

Well, much like other languages (NOT English), conjugation is a pattern. If you know the pattern, and if you know the infinitive, filling in all the conjugations isn't that hard. I did notice, though, that he writes his Hebrew in all "print" letters (as opposed to "cursive"). And he uses vowels. So, basically, he writes hebrew like a second grader. How long has he been at it? Two years now? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Bandanna can be used as a face covering in NY.

Whats silly is that Jinger doesn’t wear her masks consistently so why bother wearing one now?

Jinger and Jeremy wear masks when it's required.  They'll wear them when photographed at doctor appointments, indoors. or purchasing food (ex. the pedicure and flower market photos  with her friends as well as Jeremy at the coffee stand).  They also took a photo outdoors at Descanso Gardens with masks on because Descanso mandates it.  I live semi-local to her and they would be told off  if they didn't wear masks in certain locations.   It's clear she doesn't really take it seriously since she has no problem standing practically cheek to cheek with friends.  My bar is so low that I appreciate they wear masks when they do so that strangers aren't exposed.  Sadly, I think that there are a lot of people who are inconsistent mask wearers like them and don't have a problem going maskless around friends and extended family.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, skatelady said:

Well, much like other languages (NOT English), conjugation is a pattern. If you know the pattern, and if you know the infinitive, filling in all the conjugations isn't that hard. I did notice, though, that he writes his Hebrew in all "print" letters (as opposed to "cursive"). And he uses vowels. So, basically, he writes hebrew like a second grader. How long has he been at it? Two years now? 

I think this is just his first year, actually. Last year he was starting Greek, and they don't make them start both languages at once. They'd probably lose a lot more students if they did. lol 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

are there not supposed to be vowels in Hebrew?  and is there a reading/understanding difference between print and cursive?  I ask because I would NEVER use cursive in a test situation where I wanted a good grade.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, ouinason said:

are there not supposed to be vowels in Hebrew?  and is there a reading/understanding difference between print and cursive?  I ask because I would NEVER use cursive in a test situation where I wanted a good grade.

In the modern Hebrew alphabet there are twenty-two letters, all of which are consonants, but the nikkudot (vowel pointings) are added above and below the consonants to represent the vowel sounds.

• Useful 11
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think they run about 3 grand.  Nice workout if you can get it, I suppose.  I'm sure someone is already notifying Nordic Track about the Vuolo's abhorrent beliefs and the promo will be gone soon enough.

Yes, I’m hoping they drop her by tomorrow. Disgusting.

2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Jinger and Jeremy wear masks when it's required.  They'll wear them when photographed at doctor appointments, indoors. or purchasing food (ex. the pedicure and flower market photos  with her friends as well as Jeremy at the coffee stand).  They also took a photo outdoors at Descanso Gardens with masks on because Descanso mandates it.  I live semi-local to her and they would be told off  if they didn't wear masks in certain locations.   It's clear she doesn't really take it seriously since she has no problem standing practically cheek to cheek with friends.  My bar is so low that I appreciate they wear masks when they do so that strangers aren't exposed.  Sadly, I think that there are a lot of people who are inconsistent mask wearers like them and don't have a problem going maskless around friends and extended family.

Yep, and it’s the friends and extended family gatherings that are the main spreaders now. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Rumor and investigation on Reddit shows that perhaps Amelia will be Prop #2's name.  The a and the 2 are quite similar to Jinger's writing.

0e0vclirra061.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

That was one of my guesses a couple weeks ago. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, EAG46 said:

Why does a fundamentalist Christian even have one of the most sacred Jewish prayers in Hebrew on a pen, anyway?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shema_Yisrael  My rabbi doesn't have The Lord's Prayer on a T-shirt.  

Jinger was the J'Slave that always had a Star of David necklace on back in the day. I'm not surprised.

These folks are the worst. At least the Messianic Jews, you know where they stand. They have a cohesive movement, even though it makes zero sense. The fundies, effffffffffff... Judaism is happy fun playtime for them. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jinger was the J'Slave that always had a Star of David necklace on back in the day. I'm not surprised.

These folks are the worst. At least the Messianic Jews, you know where they stand. They have a cohesive movement, even though it makes zero sense. The fundies, effffffffffff... Judaism is happy fun playtime for them. 

I think that was Jill who wore the Star of David. And then there's their first born Israel David.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Rumor and investigation on Reddit shows that perhaps Amelia will be Prop #2's name.  The a and the 2 are quite similar to Jinger's writing.

0e0vclirra061.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Oh I changed my first guess of Amelia because I didn’t think they would want to name the baby after cousin Amy

11 hours ago, EAG46 said:

Why does a fundamentalist Christian even have one of the most sacred Jewish prayers in Hebrew on a pen, anyway?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shema_Yisrael  My rabbi doesn't have The Lord's Prayer on a T-shirt.  

With most fundamentalist Christians I would say it's because Jesus quotes the prayer in the Gospel of Mark and says it's the most important commandment. I was definitely taught this - in English, not Hebrew - in various Sunday Schools.

In the case of Jeremy, I would say it's because he's a pretentious pseudo intellectual who thinks we are all fascinated by his pens.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, quarks said:

With most fundamentalist Christians I would say it's because Jesus quotes the prayer in the Gospel of Mark and says it's the most important commandment. I was definitely taught this - in English, not Hebrew - in various Sunday Schools.

In the case of Jeremy, I would say it's because he's a pretentious pseudo intellectual who thinks we are all fascinated by his pens.

I read

by his pens

as

by his penis 🤣🤣🤣 

Oy 

• LOL 20
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think that was Jill who wore the Star of David. And then there's their first born Israel David.

They all did at times but I distinctly remember Jinger in particular wearing hers all the time as a teen/young adult.

Granted Jinger was the one really into accessories and make up compared to the rest. She probably would like to forget how orange she was for a good chunk of her life. 

• LOL 13
13 hours ago, ouinason said:

That makes sense, though I would think that Jeremy would be studying biblical Hebrew.

Biblical hebrew also skips the vowels-I remember that from Hebrew school, when we learned to read from the Torah we would learn it with the vowels and then learn it without. I've forgotten like 95% of my hebrew, but I do I know that most formal Hebrew doesn't include the vowels, so it indicates either Jeremy is very early on in his Hebrew or he's not great with it. Or both. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, questionfear said:

Biblical hebrew also skips the vowels-I remember that from Hebrew school, when we learned to read from the Torah we would learn it with the vowels and then learn it without. I've forgotten like 95% of my hebrew, but I do I know that most formal Hebrew doesn't include the vowels, so it indicates either Jeremy is very early on in his Hebrew or he's not great with it. Or both. 

He just started it in August/September.

In their curriculum, they start Greek first. He started Greek in fall 2019. So he wouldn't have taken Hebrew in the last school year. They don't have the students start the two languages at once.

The school does offer some of their language courses in their very limited summer sessions, which offer nothing but the language courses (demonstrating how much trouble the men have with those courses, I expect).

But in summer 2020, Jer said again that he was taking Greek. So that means either that he never finished the first-year Greek courses and had to catch up in the summer, or that he wanted to start one of the second-year Greek courses  ahead of time. One summer photo showed a Greek textbook that looked to me to be something he'd have used in the first year, so I think the best guess is that he was doing catch-up work in Greek over the summer. I could be wrong about that, though. 

These are the first-year Greek courses that he posted online that he at least began in the 2019-2020 school year --- Beginning Greek I & II -- Learn vocabulary, grammar, the basic principles of Greek syntax, and the effective use of lexical, grammatical, and syntactical tools. Translate portions of the Greek New Testament.

This is the second-year Greek curriculum, which he either began in the summer or is supposed to be starting this semester, along with the beginning Hebrew -- Greek Exegesis I & II -- These courses are designed to make Greek a useful tool for interpreting the New Testament. The first semester builds Greek vocabulary, increases confidence in translation, highlights the significance of important grammatical features and syntactical structures, and introduces the practice of exegetical procedures. The exegetical method employed is both synthetic and analytical, with primary applicability to the didactic and epistolary literature of the New Testament. The second semester provides extensive opportunity for the application of exegetical methodologies in careful study of several epistles.

Alongside that second-year Greek curriculum, he's scheduled this year (2020-2021) to take these beginning courses in Hebrew -- Hebrew Grammar I & II  The first course will provide you with basic vocabulary and understanding of the essential principles of phonology, morphology, and syntax. In the second course, you will read selected portions of the Hebrew Old Testament (with a view towards greater dexterity in handling the Hebrew text), increase vocabulary, learn the basic use of language tools, and gain exposure to the major genres of the Old Testament.

In the 2021-2022 school year, his third full year in the program, this is the Hebrew course he's scheduled to take -- Hebrew Exegesis     Designed to prepare you for independent exegesis of the Hebrew text, this course emphasizes principles of translation, syntactical analysis, and procedures in lexical word studies. Includes introduction to textual criticism, literary analysis, and relationship of ancient near eastern backgrounds to exegesis. Focuses on exegetical methodology with exposition as the goal.

To get the Master's of Divinity degree, they're required to take the two years of Greek and the two years of Hebrew. They can opt to take more of the languages as electives in their third and fourth years, but no more is required. 

Based on what we see, Jer's supposed to earn his degree at the end of the 2022-2023 school year. You can't finish in much under four years because the summer semesters don't offer anything but the required language courses, so you can't get ahead of schedule in any of the other course tracks. I expect he'll get a free house for the whole time. lol 

One thing that his language study shows is that he likely completed very little of his curriculum when he started it via their Texas distance-learning program in the 2018-2019 school year. He certainly did none of the language courses in Texas, based on what he's said he's been studying since he got to Los Angeles.  

https://tms.edu/academics/degree-programs/master-of-divinity/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 9
14 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

In the modern Hebrew alphabet there are twenty-two letters, all of which are consonants, but the nikkudot (vowel pointings) are added above and below the consonants to represent the vowel sounds.

However, there are no vowels in the Torah. Which makes it more challenging to read than Hebrew with vowels. And as a dyslexic, Hebrew seems impossible to learn. Pretty looking language, but the letters look too much alike for me. I had a friend who tried to teach me Hebrew. Just the alphabet to start. Nope. Can't do it.  I'm fairly impressed that Mr Toothy Pocketsquare can read it. 

Edited by QuinnInND
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I'm on the secular side but my faith and my ethnicity is not some damn toy.  Pompous ignorant jackasses.  

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I wonder if Baby no 2 is here. I wonder why else Jeremy's parents would be there. Also, I'm sure J'Chelle is pissed  that she's not there. 

I think that it is quite possible that the baby is here but that they are trying to sell the story to the highest bidder. When that is done, we will get an announcement.  And then we will have to wait to learn the name for several days until the high bid for that story happens.  They have to stretch it out to get the most money possible.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do the magazines actually pay them? I was thinking they might get a photo shoot out of it, but no money.

You surely know that Jeremy and Jinger are the BREAKOUT STARS of TLC's Counting On!!! And they're beautiful people in LA too! Jeremy, the great contract negotiator, is on top of this. 

• LOL 22
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Do the magazines actually pay them? I was thinking they might get a photo shoot out of it, but no money.

I assumed that they got paid, but I could easily be mistaken.