Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I just noticed that Gabby Barrett got a feature story in the Washington Post today. Cade got one mention--as her husband and former Idol winner. Jeremy chased the wrong one in that duo. 

It’s going to be interesting if Cade doesn’t start to get his headship in a knot over being outshone by his “Little Mama.” They do like ‘em meek and adoring. His post about how Godly and Wifely and all-the-things-the-world-doesn’t-want-women-to-be she is still makes me gag.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Autocrats gotta autocrat. Keep everyone dancing as fast as they can.

Jer should have a backup plan in case he and the family lose the house and their latte and pocket square benefits. They might have to move in with the Duggars or the Vuolos. Jinger would be OK, but Jer would break into a thousand pieces. 

At least he will have plenty of pocket squares to cry into!

• LOL 12
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s going to be interesting if Cade doesn’t start to get his headship in a knot over being outshone by his “Little Mama.” They do like ‘em meek and adoring. His post about how Godly and Wifely and all-the-things-the-world-doesn’t-want-women-to-be she is still makes me gag.

Yeah I agree with you. It's contest between Cade's ego and his greed (wife makes the money). 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yeah I agree with you. It's contest between Cade's ego and his greed (wife makes the money). 

If her career really takes off, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the supreme sacrifice and puts his own career “on hold” to become her manager, making decisions for her and speaking publicly on her behalf. That would allow him to create the illusion that he’s still the big shot in their marriage and also to help himself to hefty “management fees”.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

I started listening to a recent podcast.  I made it as far as Jinger stating how she would be taking a break once she had the baby. Jeremy said he’d still be doing it. He sounded obnoxious.

Jeremy discussed how revealing the gender basically leads to better gifts because they wouldn’t be neutral. Jinger said the advantage to that is, people wouldn’t give gifts they wouldn’t end up using.

Click, I was done.

This is what it was supposed to be:

AA4098D7-B646-4EF5-930F-B836C63AA507.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I've listened to some of the podcasts and some of Jeremy's other videos on Instagram. He is not a Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyer, not even close. Jeremy does not have that gift of being able to suck people in with his charm and way of speaking. How much does the average not-famous pastor make in salary? I didn't think was that much, and Jeremy (and now Jinger) seem to have expensive taste and are used to living the good life in Los Angeles. I remember their first apartment in Laredo seemed really small, but then they moved to a house? I just wonder if they are in for a rude awakening, or if they will end up living off Jim Bob like the other kids. Jim Bob won't pay for Los Angeles, I'm sure.

• Love 16

Out of 168 hours available, most weekly podcasts take a few hours to record, edit and post.  Jeremy doesn't need to take a break if he doesn't want to, as most people who have them are still fully capable of doing other jobs, hobbies, activities and tasks within that same week.  Obviously he likes doing them, so will continue. 

And obviously Jeremy doesn't mind Jinger choosing not to participate, or else she wouldn't have mentioned it at all, and continued on with it.  

People airing podcasts don't need subject knowledge, charisma or valuable content.  Just as celebrities don't necessarily need any particular talent, musical artists don't need to know how to sing, and government leaders don't need to know the law. 

The social media monsters we've created demand virtually nothing from people other than their time.  Jeremy is no different from millions of content creators.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I started listening to a recent podcast.  I made it as far as Jinger stating how she would be taking a break once she had the baby. Jeremy said he’d still be doing it. He sounded obnoxious.

Jeremy discussed how revealing the gender basically leads to better gifts because they wouldn’t be neutral. Jinger said the advantage to that is, people wouldn’t give gifts they wouldn’t end up using.

Click, I was done.

This is what it was supposed to be:

AA4098D7-B646-4EF5-930F-B836C63AA507.jpeg

Because she just won’t have that extra 30 min to do a podcast anymore? Give me a fucking break.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Because she just won’t have that extra 30 min to do a podcast anymore? Give me a fucking break.

I don't know. I give her a pass on this.

I doubt she enjoys doing the podcasts at all. But they know her name needs to be on it so they have a shot at getting an audience of any size at all.. ....

And Jer's not doing this for fun. He's hoping to make a living for himself and his family off all this media stuff.  And from things Jingle's said over the years, he's got her onboard with that hope. And she's also said things that show she likes the idea of contributing to the family income in whatever way she can. 

I expect this just gives her a convenient excuse to stop participating, at least for a while. I can't begrudge her that.

If you don't enjoy doing these, they're going to be a major drag for you. Especially when they're not pulling in the volume of audience and money you hoped for.

But for the sake of the hope they hold for earning a living as media people, she really can't come out and say any of that. Especially since part of their deal is that she's the ideal Christian wife whose husband makes all the significant decisions so they're in total Jesus-y harmony.  

We can say as often as we like that she shouldn't let herself be put in that position. But it's all she knows and all she's been trained to consider good for her entire life. First at home and then with Jer, who--despite his appearances to some--is a dyed-in-the-wool enthusiast of another very patriarchal, misogynist group.

Jingle's had literally no influences that offer an alternative to that kind of system that I can see. None. More than a quarter-century of nonstop indoctrination can really put a person in a box. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Out of 168 hours available, most weekly podcasts take a few hours to record, edit and post.  Jeremy doesn't need to take a break if he doesn't want to, as most people who have them are still fully capable of doing other jobs, hobbies, activities and tasks within that same week.  Obviously he likes doing them, so will continue. 

And obviously Jeremy doesn't mind Jinger choosing not to participate, or else she wouldn't have mentioned it at all, and continued on with it.  

People airing podcasts don't need subject knowledge, charisma or valuable content.  Just as celebrities don't necessarily need any particular talent, musical artists don't need to know how to sing, and government leaders don't need to know the law. 

The social media monsters we've created demand virtually nothing from people other than their time.  Jeremy is no different from millions of content creators.  

Frighteningly true!  The appetite for the mediocre, trite and meaningless content on social media seems endless.

And speaking of frightening!

image.thumb.png.60022813a1adac0ad4dc8e1945a558b1.png

Edited by Suzn
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

It wouldn't surprise me if Jinger hates doing the podcasts. She's basically only there to parrot and prop up Jeremy, and given his penchant for correcting and discrediting her opinions, I can't imagine she gets any enjoyment out of it.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

One wonders how long an 8 3/4-months pregnant Jinger stood in the parking lot, and how many photos were sacrificed to the trashcan, for her to get just the right composition shot of facial scruff, sock, tie, coffee cup, and pensive gaze towards the unknown and mysterious horizon.  I hope that Jeremy is losing sleep over the fact that - had he been wearing a pocket square, and that square had been artfully reflected in the bike's mirror - the photograph would've surely been worthy of the Louvre.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
On 11/11/2020 at 4:01 AM, ginger90 said:

From this article: 

https://moderndayzorro.medium.com/grace-community-church-get-your-house-in-order-how-the-firing-of-michael-mahoney-the-impending-a3410333d676

“They claim that he was fired for “deception” and that “whatever you’re thinking it is, it is far worse”. The elders investigated and let him go. Everything pertaining to him was cleared from gracechurch.org, shepherdsconference.com, and tmus.edu. As if he had never been there. At Grace, when you’re gone, you’re gone.”

Holy shit (literally). I just read that blog link and the quoted story from MacArthur’s book about the young girl who was “possessed” and tossing a steel desk around and how the demons were magically scared away by MacArthur’s arrival? You know, I do TRY to be tolerant but anyone who believes that crap needs psychiatric intervention and/or an emergency operation to have a working bullshit detector installed.

THIS is the wagon RFP has hitched them to?????

What....the....actual....fuck....

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

In other news -- 

"Tweet      Ana Cabrera

"JUST IN: The ship's captain announces 5 people have tested positive for #COVID19 on SeaDream 1, the first cruise ship to embark on a voyage in the Caribbean since the #coronavirus shut down the cruise industry."

Now imagine what'll happen on a cruise full of MacArthurites. A nationwide band of fervent followers of the Covid rebels of LA County. 

Something tells me Royal Caribbean isn't going to want to host them in January. And the CDC isn't going to want it either.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

In other news -- 

"Tweet      Ana Cabrera

"JUST IN: The ship's captain announces 5 people have tested positive for #COVID19 on SeaDream 1, the first cruise ship to embark on a voyage in the Caribbean since the #coronavirus shut down the cruise industry."

Now imagine what'll happen on a cruise full of MacArthurites. A nationwide band of fervent followers of the Covid rebels of LA County. 

Something tells me Royal Caribbean isn't going to want to host them in January. And the CDC isn't going to want it either.

Then watch as Macarthur, Baucham, et al, cry persecution. 🙄

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Then watch as Macarthur, Baucham, et al, cry persecution. 🙄

Yep. Because I'm pretty sure that's the whole impetus behind what MacArthur's done to begin with.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
On 11/11/2020 at 11:02 AM, lascuba said:

Now THIS is the kind of stuff that makes for some fun speculation! And social media torture! I almost want to follow them so I can post random comments on their posts asking about the Mahoneys.

I will!  I’ll ask him if they’re still hanging out!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I've listened to some of the podcasts and some of Jeremy's other videos on Instagram. He is not a Joel Osteen or Joyce Meyer, not even close. Jeremy does not have that gift of being able to suck people in with his charm and way of speaking. How much does the average not-famous pastor make in salary? I didn't think was that much, and Jeremy (and now Jinger) seem to have expensive taste and are used to living the good life in Los Angeles. I remember their first apartment in Laredo seemed really small, but then they moved to a house? I just wonder if they are in for a rude awakening, or if they will end up living off Jim Bob like the other kids. Jim Bob won't pay for Los Angeles, I'm sure.

Exactly Jer doesn't "get it" you need to sound humble and sort of like an "oh shucks folks" kind of down home unsophisticated meat and potatoes type, not a pocket square, pompous ass who's looking down his nose and lecturing like he thinks he's better than you, name dropping and showing off his designer clothes and fountain pens. 🙄

Joyce Meyers has it perfected, I'm not one of her followers but I have to admit if I'm channel surfing and come across her telling some story I usually listen to hear how the story ends.

• Love 14
On 11/12/2020 at 1:40 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Whenever I hear about JereME and Jinger's podcast, all I can think of is Brick Heck's Fontcast from The Middle.

I miss that show..along with the big bang theory...could have used some Frankie and Sheldon this year ..

• Love 3

Jeremy is so insufferable and pompous I just cannot stand him. That Vespa photo OMG. Punchable Toothy McSquare with a coffee and fancy socks and his high opinion of himself just gushes out of the picture. 

Toothy you are NOT all that. Aahhhhhh screams into the oblivion. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

In regards to the hanger-on of MacArthur being fired, it's possible that he had an affair... with a man. It's generally "forgivable" in these churches to have an affair with someone of the opposite sex. It's abhorent to have one with someone of the same sex. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

After seeing that photo of Jeremy on the Vespa scooter, I went off on a rant about that guy to my husband.  I never talk to him about the Duggars and their cult, but I had reached my limit with the wannabe preacher and his pocket squares.  After I finally shut up, my husband (an Italian American) calmly says, so he's a Roman dandy.  Yep, he's a Roman dandy!

I had to Google “Roman dandy.”  But YES! Oh yes..

• Love 2