Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, beckie said:

When is the baby due again?

The baby is due Nov. 19. Baby could be here any day now, and will probably arrive in less than 2 weeks. 

@Zella You previously guessed Irene after John MacArthur's mother. Would you like to keep that guess?

I'm keeping track of people's baby name and birthdate guesses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Seriously I don’t need to keep seeing Jinger’s smug face while she posts about pretend8nf to work 😖

as for names Audrey Rose 

changed my name choice because I just remembered cousin Amy .. so I doubt they would use Amelia 

Edited by Totally
  • Love 8

I wondered if it was Dawsonville Georgia,  being from Georgia myself. But then I  thought, surely not! Is it really here in Georgia? Why on earth would he travel this far to preach in a small North Georgia town?

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I wondered if it was Dawsonville Georgia,  being from Georgia myself. But then I  thought, surely not! Is it really here in Georgia? Why on earth would he travel this far to preach in a small North Georgia town?

It's gotta be a church connected with MacArthur and the Master's Seminary. Lots of grads of that seminary (and of Johnny Mac's college next door to the seminary), so there are connections around the county. 

Last year he went to Florida and preached to a church and a bible college with that connection. (and went to Universal theme park, of course) That one especially pissed me off because the undergrads at the bible college had WAY more education in religious subjects than he has. Yet he, a relative know-nothing, was deemed suitable for preaching to them. 

But he's a MacArthur-and-coterie pet, and, of course, he may help beef up the congregation size on the day of his visit coz he's a TeeVee breakout stah. So he gets the junkets and the resume padders. 

And the arrogant little creep gets his already bloated ego padded, I'm sure, since in his mind it all certainly speaks to his (pretty scarce) "merits."

I've listened to your sermons and your podcast, creephead. They're not worth a helluva lot. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

I've never been pregnant so I have never nested, but I have worked and tried to take care of my home while working and having to pay my own bills. Sorry Jing, no sympathy for you.  
I know she was induced early with Prop #1.   Has anyone heard if she is going to do that this time as well? 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

It looks like Jinger was tagged, so maybe she didn't go in her delicate condition.

I think Jinger is the person who posted that, not someone who tagged.  It's possible someone sent her the image. I think it would be dumb to travel out of state while 9 months pregnant especially during a pandemic, but fundies!

1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

I know she was induced early with Prop #1.   Has anyone heard if she is going to do that this time as well? 

She was induced the day before her due date, so not exactly early, (she was full term. Due dates are imprecise so one day doesn't make a difference.) She hasn't said anything about being induced again, but it may dependent on if she goes into labor before her due date of the 19th. 

• Love 1
On 11/6/2020 at 9:15 AM, Albanyguy said:

As ludicrous as this photo is, I'll give credit where it's due: all the groomsmen's' suits actually fit, no baggy jackets with shoulder seams hanging down their arms or pants cuffs dragging on the ground. Quite a departure from most Duggar weddings, so I can only assume that Jeremy was in charge of wardrobe.

Also, didn't all of us just put up with whatever silly pose our photographers put us in? When getting our wedding photos done, we just did as told to get it over with!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

The baby is due Nov. 19. Baby could be here any day now, and will probably arrive in less than 2 weeks. 

@Zella You previously guessed Irene after John MacArthur's mother. Would you like to keep that guess?

I'm keeping track of people's baby name and birthdate guesses. 

I forgot about doing that, but sure! 😄  

8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

There are pictures like that? 

Ron Howard narrator voice: There were not. 😉 

• LOL 9
On 11/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

What a pompous twit... standing there like a peacock 

Jinger is standing WITH her group but not Jeremy, he plants himself wayyyyyyy out front, hands on his lapels with his smug face and bird beak nose.... He's in focus while his entourage is just a blurred mess.... What a douche! 🙄

He needs to stick that nose in the Bible and learn about humility.

I'm not crazy about the dresses in all different colors... Was that Jinger's choice or was it done to save money?

That was Jinger’s choice and trendy for 2016. The only thing I like about that trend is that the bridesmaid is more likely to have a dress in a color she likes. 

• Love 7

I have totally thrown things, yelled, poked and generally been a nuisance to someone I'm playing a game against in order to distract them.  because it's not cheating!!

He seems to have a good sense of humor about the whole thing.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I see he's been getting coaching in the hand gestures. 

If they don't fix his voice, his demeanor and his brain, it won't do much good, though. 

What?? No pocket square?? I'm shocked!! What a tool. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ouinason said:

I'll pick Verity.  They would maybe shy away from the cutesy alliteration, but I think it's lovely.  

I hope they don't pick Verity. I really like that name! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Allegra would have been a lovely name to match with Felicity, but Big Pharma ruined it for everyone.

My pick is Seraphina Amelia. 

That'll kill Jill, I believe Seraphina is one of her girl names.

• Love 2
On 11/5/2020 at 3:44 PM, Nysha said:

My guess for the baby's name was Evanglia/Evangeline until Joy used Evelyn, so now my best guess is Seraphina. I think Cecilia would go with Felicity but Lissy and Cissy might be a bit too matchy.

Lissy and Cissy being too matchy-matchy for the family that has a Jedediah and a Jeremiah, a Joy-Anna and a Johanna? That is right up their alley!

• LOL 6
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That'll kill Jill, I believe Seraphina is one of her girl names.

I'm sure she'll be fine with having a niece with a name she loves if they chose one of "her" names. 

5 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

Lissy and Cissy being too matchy-matchy for the family that has a Jedediah and a Jeremiah, a Joy-Anna and a Johanna? That is right up their alley!

That's not necessarily Jinger's and Jeremy's style. 

I think it's fine if people guess the same names. 

• Love 1
On 11/7/2020 at 3:14 PM, louannems said:

Also, didn't all of us just put up with whatever silly pose our photographers put us in? When getting our wedding photos done, we just did as told to get it over with!

I don't know. I just have a feeling Jer never wants to get his time in front of the camera over with. Not only has he hired more than one professional photographer to travel around photographing him (while he changes his outfits--more often than his wife does, for the same shots!), he's assembled a fairly extensive modeling portfolio, although I believe he's not yet actually modeled. 😁

• Love 11

I don't get the anger at Jinger for saying that she's working. Stay at home mothers do a lot of work, just because women stay home doesn't mean they lay around with their feet up eating bonbons. I really dislike that characterization. 

• Love 20
18 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I don't get the anger at Jinger for saying that she's working. Stay at home mothers do a lot of work, just because women stay home doesn't mean they lay around with their feet up eating bonbons. I really dislike that characterization. 

Part of it is that her life hasn’t changed much during the pandemic. She makes it sound soooo overwhelming when it’s just the same.

• Love 24

Now I'm more confused because Jinger's post that we are discussing said she was doing projects before baby arrives, because nesting.  It was upbeat and she was seeming to enjoy her nesting time and the stuff she was accomplishing. 

No covid, or quarantine or pandemic mention at all.  

• Love 8

Many SAHMs work extremely hard. Mine did. She cooked 3 homemade meals a day, cleaned obsessively, even made our clothes. I don’t think Jinger does any of that. She has mentioned napping multiple times a day. Which is great, when you’ve not the time and are privileged enough to have that freedom. There’s not a lot of freedom in most full time jobs outside the home. And THEN moms must also do all the same cooking, cleaning, etc that SAHMs do. I’d like I know what “projects “ she is actually working on. I don’t even have kids and when I work an 8-5 job I am exhausted when I get home. No idea how some do it. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Many SAHMs work extremely hard. Mine did. She cooked 3 homemade meals a day, cleaned obsessively, even made our clothes. I don’t think Jinger does any of that. She has mentioned napping multiple times a day. Which is great, when you’ve not the time and are privileged enough to have that freedom. There’s not a lot of freedom in most full time jobs outside the home. And THEN moms must also do all the same cooking, cleaning, etc that SAHMs do. I’d like I know what “projects “ she is actually working on. I don’t even have kids and when I work an 8-5 job I am exhausted when I get home. No idea how some do it. 

Ya, the "work, work, work" stood out to me too, and I was a SAHM for 10 years. She should have just stuck with "nesting". Nesting can be exhausting, but its a good and excited exhaustion.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ya, the "work, work, work" stood out to me too, and I was a SAHM for 10 years. She should have just stuck with "nesting". Nesting can be exhausting, but its a good and excited exhaustion.

And “nesting” generally just means staying at home and in her case, getting some new baby (nursery?) ready. I assume they already have much of what’s needed. I just don’t think it’s all much of a change from her life before “nesting.”

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

She also has a part-time nanny, doesn't she?  Housework is definitely work so I can't fault her for that.

I'm not sure about this.

I thought that was just some internet rumor that came up because for a while they were kind of frequently photographed with the family of that one Grace Church guy. And his teenagerish-or-young-20s-ish daughter was in some photos near Felicity....One photo in particular showed just the young woman and Felicity walking hand in hand. But I thought the picture was just one shot from some day when the two families were together.....And that that was the basis of the rumor. But I don't know if that's the case or not. 

Anybody have solid information on this one way or the other? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm not sure about this.

I thought that was just some internet rumor that came up because for a while they were kind of frequently photographed with the family of that one Grace Church guy. And his teenagerish-or-young-20s-ish daughter was in some photos near Felicity....One photo in particular showed just the young woman and Felicity walking hand in hand. But I thought the picture was just one shot from some day when the two families were together.....And that that was the basis of the rumor. But I don't know if that's the case or not. 

Anybody have solid information on this one way or the other? 

I doubt she has a nanny but we do know that Duggars aren’t known for doing a lot of housework.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3