Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Totally said:

It was always there for each ..  I remember getting shut down ages ago when I voiced the idea that he was less than stellar 

and I’m probably the lone person who didn’t like the colours of Jin’s bridesmaid dresses 

I'm not too keen on those bridesmaid dresses.   The tones clash especially whichever Duggar daughter who is in the wrong shade of lavender.   The rest of the dresses are more muted than that bright purple. 

• Love 5

I don't remember having much of an opinion of Jeremy (positive or negative) until it became clear how much he was absent from Laredo while he pretended to be a pastor. I tended to be pretty sporadic in following what the Duggars are up to until the past couple of years, so I had a hard time forming opinions on most of the in-laws since I also don't watch the show. I don't remember having an opinion on his clothes until right before they moved to California. I just remember some picture of them outside with him sporting these ridiculous old man clothes, and we were all giggling about how he must have been dressing to impress MacArthur. LOL 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

My guess for the baby's name was Evanglia/Evangeline until Joy used Evelyn, so now my best guess is Seraphina. I think Cecilia would go with Felicity but Lissy and Cissy might be a bit too matchy.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, ouinason said:

who is the darker skinned brides maid?  Is she naturally darker or is that a really aggressive tan?

I think there was an African American bridesmaid. I can't remember her name. IIRC, Jenni Hartono was also a bridesmaid, but she's not that dark-skinned.

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AC338456-96BD-46C7-9551-1F6320AB0E47.jpeg

A58E8E1F-2A01-420F-A526-5D3DBDB45C2A.jpeg

So I misread that as “Cathedral of the Berks.” While that’s sort of accurate when the place is full of Duggars, it’s also further proof that I REALLY need some sleep after these past few nights...

Edited by Panopticon
Apostrophe Abuse
  • LOL 15
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AC338456-96BD-46C7-9551-1F6320AB0E47.jpeg

This pic looks like it should be a TV show or movie about investment bankers like "American Psycho".... The way they're all standing there mimicking Jeremy...holding their lapels like a bunch of cyborgs.

What's up with the facial expressions.... It's his wedding for goodness sake.. Maybe try smiling or at least look less like a pretentious jerk.

I'd bet a million dollars that Jeremy would obsess over his business card.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, awaken said:

That was a gorgeous dress!

the pic is fuzzy for me- of the guys, just joe To represent the Duggar males?  (And bin sort of- I know he and jerm had their own connection).   

No actually that's John David. But yes John David and Ben are representing the Duggars. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

image.png.86fd143c5e9aacd14ec8d183e67ad966.png

Anyone with a micron of self awareness would want a photo like this only as a big joke. And would treat it that way always. 

So I sure hope Jer intended it that way and always treats it that way. .... But why do I fear he secretly doesn't think of it as a joke at all? 

I hope he's a lot more self aware than I'm imagining he is. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Totally said:

It was always there for each ..  I remember getting shut down ages ago when I voiced the idea that he was less than stellar 

and I’m probably the lone person who didn’t like the colours of Jin’s bridesmaid dresses 

Nope, I thought the exact same thing. Come over here and sit with me!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Totally said:

I think the colors might be fine, just one color family or color group at a time.  I don't know if it's warm colors vs. cool colors, or simply jewel tones versus pastels.  I think it would have benefited from the idea of picking a lane and staying in it -- preferably the jewel tones for my taste, but simply a single lane would have improved things.  

• Love 14

I think all the colors of the bridesmaids dresses work except Jill’s and Johannah’s. I could almost forgive Johannah’s color, because she’s technically a junior bridesmaid, and I can see putting a younger girl in pink no matter what, but it could have blended better. That said, they still one million percent had the classiest looking Duggar wedding. 

Now we just need to get them dancing like “normal” couples, even though they didn’t get to at their own wedding. I’m sure they’ve slow danced at events since then. Will they let their daughters do a dance class? Slow dance on camera for an anniversary episode? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Anyone with a micron of self awareness would want a photo like this only as a big joke. And would treat it that way always. 

So I sure hope Jer intended it that way and always treats it that way. .... But why do I fear he secretly doesn't think of it as a joke at all? 

As ludicrous as this photo is, I'll give credit where it's due: all the groomsmen's' suits actually fit, no baggy jackets with shoulder seams hanging down their arms or pants cuffs dragging on the ground. Quite a departure from most Duggar weddings, so I can only assume that Jeremy was in charge of wardrobe.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 23

I'm not sure this photo would be an accurate depiction of Jeremy's arrogance back then, as I assume the arrangement and poses were at the request of the photographer. However it may have opened that can of worms, because I'm guessing this was the first time Jeremy was ever front and center, rather than being part of something bigger than him.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'll ask the stupid question - does the hand position mean something?  it just looks odd to me.

3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I think the colors might be fine, just one color family or color group at a time.  I don't know if it's warm colors vs. cool colors, or simply jewel tones versus pastels.  I think it would have benefited from the idea of picking a lane and staying in it -- preferably the jewel tones for my taste, but simply a single lane would have improved things.  

The colors are so random and I don't think they look good together.  I agree that choosing a color group that are in harmony would be so much better.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I'll ask the stupid question - does the hand position mean something?  it just looks odd to me.

The colors are so random and I don't think they look good together.  I agree that choosing a color group that are in harmony would be so much better.

My guess its suppose to mimic a guy adjusting his suit coat.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

It's a pretty typical pose of male models showing off suit jackets. 

Don't know if it's a typical action in any other realm. But I know I've seen it often in that context. 

Maybe Jer figured it'd do double duty by beefing up his modeling portfolio. He definitely had (has?) one. And--bonus!-- he could subliminally prove to talent scouts how much cooler and handsomer he is than those schlubs in the line behind him.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It's a pretty typical pose of male models showing off suit jackets. 

Don't know if it's a typical action in any other realm. But I know I've seen it often in that context. 

Maybe Jer figured it'd do double duty by beefing up his modeling portfolio. He definitely had (has?) one. And--bonus!-- he could subliminally prove to talent scouts how much cooler and handsomer he is than those schlubs in the line behind him.

Looks to me like they're channeling John Travolta, wearing his white suit, at the dance contest in Saturday Night Fever.  Not that many of them were allowed to watch it, most likely.

It seems pretty typical for Mr. RFP to put himself first.  Pretentious, and then some!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Insufferable.  Why do I think Jinjer always feels inferior (besides the penis/headship thing) to His Greatness Mr. RFP?  

What a way to (not) live.

She may feel inferior to His Greatness, but she comes across as feeling superior to everyone else.  My sense is that she's genuinely happy with her life right now.  

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

She may feel inferior to His Greatness, but she comes across as feeling superior to everyone else.  My sense is that she's genuinely happy with her life right now.  

You're probably right.  Ma & Pa Kettle instilled that sense of superiority in her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

You're probably right.  Ma & Pa Kettle instilled that sense of superiority in her.

Oh my gosh.... the Kettles. 😂

It was before my time but I loved when they'd broadcast oldies like  "Tugboat Annie"

Jinjer used to be my favorite but since she met and married JERKemy I've changed my mind... I can't stand how cowed she is to her master, she's so humble and grateful and obedient that it makes me sick and on the other hand she's trying to be the next Kardashian, looking snippy at the paparazzi, constantly shilling and influencing and posting dribble about how much she loves and how grateful she is for her husband. *barf*

I guess it's the hypocrisy that drives me nuts.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

Could Jeremy not find it in his heart to post a picture for his dad's birthday in which his dad was the center of attention and not himself? 

Can he also not repeat pictures? This isn't this picture's first rodeo.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Didn't like the two nots in one sentence
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Can he also not repeat pictures? This isn't this picture's first rodeo.

Yep. When I first saw it, I was like, "Again with the maskless shit!" Then I was like, wait a minute, I recognize this picture from the maskless once upon a time world. . . . 

• Love 8