Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

yc08phmysov51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I just sat through two-thirds of the hour-plus Moody Bible Institute 2020 graduation,  featuring individual at-home cameos from many of the students, staff and faculty......And, while I know that there  were certainly people in there who are annoying pompous jerks in real life, because there are people like that everywhere, I can say with certainty that in their videos not one single person looked or sounded like the kind of pompous dumb-ass that Jer looks and sounds like every time I see or hear him.

And there were a large number of women teaching at and graduating from that seminary. .... Gosh! The horror! They'll be more than elders in churches -- and even that's the work of Satan! Many of these will be actual pastors! According to the Master's Seminary, they and everybody who's enabled their rise to that position are hellbound!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Brunch in Venice Beach? Is that anywhere near their church?

In LA terms, no.  It's over an hour and if the traffic takes a slight turn to worse easily an hour and a half.  With church either 8:30 to 10 or 10:30 to 12 plus walking to and from the church parking, I certainly wouldn't try it for brunch.  If they went after the earlier service, I'd consider it lunch and trying to go and get back for the 10:30 service would mean going more for breakfast.  Plus what a morning that would be.  I think it would be too much for a pregnant woman with a two year old.  I think they went to brunch and didn't bother with church or maybe church went solely online as it should have.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 7
11 hours ago, Normades said:

Well, at least a few parents made the extraordinary effort and followed the Pearls resulting in the death of children.  So, if one follows it, that's one too many.  "All that it takes for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing."  Jeremy is not only doing nothing, he's endorsing it.  At least that's how I see it. 

Agree. Especially with the far reaching platform he’s aiming to reach with his podcast, SM, and cruise gig. 

10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear what you're saying. But that would mean that folks who are members of mainstream religions and say nothing are complicit as well. Many religions make their beliefs on LGBT+, birth control, reproductive rights, etc, very clear. If one believes differently, but attends those churches every week and says nothing, aren't they doing the same thing?

I'm just wondering why Jeremy should be held to different standards. 

Nope, I hold them all to the same standards. They should denounce what is wrong and stand up for the teachings of Jesus, if that’s what’s they’re purporting to follow. 

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Okay, I'm going to step into dangerous waters ...

Has every priest, deacon, bishop, etc stood up and publicly denounced pedophilia? Should we now assume priests who have said nothing about it, agree with it?

Yes. Silence is complicity. 

Speaking of which, I’ve gone and done it. I spoke my mind on Jeremy’s feed. I usually keep my Duggar and Bates SM comments  bland and inoffensive to avoid banning, but this took it over the top. 

• Love 23
58 minutes ago, drafan said:

The Fonz.

"The Fonz," kinda yeah. 

Sweet, kind, modest, hard-working Henry Winkler, not so much. 

And yet Henry Winkler is very famous and very influential, and he has a crap ton of money. Think about it, Jer. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Felicity is her paternal grandmother all over again.

Don't try to make 'thumbs up' happen again, Jer.  Next thing we know, he'll be using the word 'fetch.'

I was just going to say the same thing. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

This shit is $38.

Well, I guess it had to be so. The mascara Kendra's shilling is $28. So for a Vuolo, a break-out star in LA!!!!!!, after all, you'd need mascara that's at least 36% more needlessly pricey for most people in these tough economic timesmore valuable!!!

But....I still don't get who is a) so devoted to Duggars like Jingle and Kendra that they wanna buy their shit and b) simultaneously flush enough with cash to afford everyday major luxuries like this in the middle of a pandemic (when no matter how dressed up you are, there still isn't much of anywhere to go) and a super-high-unemployment recession (or worse).

Are homeschooled way-conservative-Christian stay-at-home moms with six kids or grandmas from Arkansas really going to buy this makeup in 2020? Or did the Duggar women somehow amass a bunch of upscale, urban, college-educated fangirl finance executives who'll risk their looks on an unknown makeup brand with a big price tag merely because they hang on every word uttered by the Duggar stay-at-home wives and are panting to be just like them? And, if so, how the heck did that happen? 

If you're looking to shill products, don't you look for a product that's likely to sell well to a large percentage of your most engaged audience?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, I guess it had to be so. The mascara Kendra's shilling is $28. So for a Vuolo, a break-out star in LA!!!!!!, after all, you'd need mascara that's at least 36% more needlessly pricey for most people in these tough economic timesmore valuable!!!

But....I still don't get who is a) so devoted to Duggars like Jingle and Kendra that they wanna buy their shit and b) simultaneously flush enough with cash to afford everyday major luxuries like this in the middle of a pandemic (when no matter how dressed up you are, there still isn't much of anywhere to go) and a super-high-unemployment recession (or worse).

Are homeschooled way-conservative-Christian stay-at-home moms with six kids or grandmas from Arkansas really going to buy this makeup in 2020? Or did the Duggar women somehow amass a bunch of upscale, urban, college-educated fangirl finance executives who'll risk their looks on an unknown makeup brand with a big price tag merely because they hang on every word uttered by the Duggar stay-at-home wives and are panting to be just like them? And, if so, how the heck did that happen? 

If you're looking to shill products, don't you look for a product that's likely to sell well to a large percentage of your most engaged audience?

Honestly, mascara might be that niche product that Fundies actually spend real money on.

Other than that, I don't think Kendra and Jinger care. They get the free product(s) for doing a one minute video. The companies hope they get a few new customers and if they don't they move on. Fairly cheap advertising, in the scheme of things.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

That would take actual thought and consideration.  And as we all know, Duggars do things a little differently.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Honestly, mascara might be that niche product that Fundies actually spend real money on.

Other than that, I don't think Kendra and Jinger care. They get the free product(s) for doing a one minute video. The companies hope they get a few new customers and if they don't they move on. Fairly cheap advertising, in the scheme of things.

Yeah, you're probably right that Kendra and Jingle are such clueless infants and so excited about getting makeup in the mail that the fact that this supposed career brings in no actual income doesn't matter to them.....(I know the companies don't care. Why should they?)

Jingle did talk about influencing being their and her career at one point early in their LA life, though. And if your "career" brings you nothing but some very overpriced mascara, you may have a problem down the line! 

And I would bet that Jeremy cares about these things producing some actual cash (even though he's not much better at it than she is). Seems pretty clear to me that he's thinking about influencing as a money maker for his family. 

And I also have a hard time believing that the whole Duggar family has been pushed toward influencing by someone if all they really want is to get some bundles of overpriced crap, and not money. Somebody has clearly pushed Jana to do it,, because there's no way she chose to do it on her own. And the fact that all the daughters and daughters-in-law pretty much started doing it simultaneously suggests to me that somebody in the family is looking at it as an income replacer as tv and other moneys dwindle. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, you're probably right that Kendra and Jingle are such clueless infants and so excited about getting makeup in the mail that the fact that this supposed career brings in no actual income doesn't matter to them.....

Jingle did talk about influencing being their and her career at one point early in their LA life, though. And if your "career" brings you nothing but some very overpriced mascara, you may have a problem down the line! 

And I would bet that Jeremy cares about these things producing some actual cash (even though he's not much better at it than she is). Seems pretty clear to me that he's thinking about influencing as a money maker for his family. 

I kinda thought they gave up on the influencing with products for money, because they failed so badly, and are now going for YouTube clicks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I kinda thought they gave up on the influencing with products for money, because they failed so badly, and are now going for YouTube clicks.

Have they got anything on youTube other than posts of the podcasts and a couple of their Q&As? That's all I've ever noticed....and those are not moneymakers.

They'll have to start getting little Shirley Temple to perform if they want to build their channel's viewership. I don't think many people really want to listen to -- and watch -- Jer drone on about various epistles.  

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Have they got anything on youTube other than posts of the podcasts and a couple of their Q&As? That's all I've ever noticed....and those are not moneymakers.

They'll have to start getting little Shirley Temple to perform if they want to build their channel's viewership. I don't think many people really want to listen to -- and watch -- Jer drone on about various epistles.  

As far as I know, just the podcast. From what I understand a click is a click, is a click. I'm not sure which poster has knowledge on this, but it has the potential to make money. I'm not agreeing that Jing & Jer will be successful, but it seems to me that is the direction they're going in.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

As far as I know, just the podcast. From what I understand a click is a click, is a click. I'm not sure which poster has knowledge on this, but it has the potential to make money. I'm not agreeing that Jing & Jer will be successful, but it seems to me that is the direction they're going in.

Okay, I get it! They do know that influencing has bombed so they're trying something else that they probably also imagine will be a sure thing for them -- youTube. That's their kind of thinking all right. 

I'm just saying that, while anything on youTube has the potential to make money, very few things actually do. I read awhile ago that 90 percent of the views go to three percent of the channels. And that that skewing is only getting more pronounced as the number of channels increase. And it means that most people get hardly any views at all. 

So if they actually are thinking of youTube as an income plan -- after giving up on influencing as an income plan because they're too lazy and stupid to make it work -- they're going to have to produce stuff that people want to look at a lot more than anybody wants to look at their podcast. Their podcast isn't popular as a podcast, even though those have the useful feature that you can just listen to them while you walk, run, ride or drive.

Hardly anybody's going to want to sit and look at their podcast. People don't want to look at adults sitting around a table on youTube unless the talk is really interesting. And these guys can't manage to make even interesting subjects interesting. 

Influencing for money is hard, but in fact it's probably easier than making money on youtube. Just saying "follow Jesus" over and over isn't going to do it. If they want to make money, they're going to have to follow Jessa's example and get the kids involved. 

According to Inc., where they're enthusiastic about entrepreneurial activities,

"2. Even those top 3 percent [who get 90 percent of the views] aren't making a living. 

"To get into that rarefied top 3 percent of Bärtl's sample, you would have to have more than 1.4 million views per month. Maybe you think you can make it to that level--you'll be posting really great content every day and sharing it with your large social media following. Great plan! But even at 1.4 million views per month, according to Bärtl's research, your average payment from YouTube will amount to less than $17,000 a year. That's based on an estimate of $1 per 1,000 views, which seems reasonable, according to those familiar with YouTube's partner and advertising programs. The company doesn't release its payment formula, but insiders say it can range from a low of $0.25 per 1,000 views to a high of $5 per 1,000 views."

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/even-youtube-stars-with-14-million-monthly-viewers-earn-less-than-17000-a-year-research-shows.html

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 10/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, FizzyPuff said:

Jeremy is the only one who looks happy in these photos, Jinger looks like she needs a rest and Felicity just looks disinterested. 

So jinger is supposedly all annoyed by the photographers yet magically all their clothes color coordinate. Give me a break. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And what about their life has changed sooo much? They seem to be mostly doing the exact same things they were before. Give me a fucking break!

I was wondering this too. Like, of all the people to act like they are so over 2020, it seems a bit weird coming from people who have altered their behavior very little or not at all. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

People on reddit are saying they sound flirty. Wonder if Jinger found their text exchange and he posted it to SM to downplay it. Nobody cares about Jessa's dumb tree.

I thought it sounded real, like something I would  did say to my daughter when she told me she decorated her house for Christmas 2 weeks ago. It only sounds flirty because it's an actual conversation and not the usual 'way to go' bland Duggar exchange.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Wouldn't be the first time that there was speculation of sexual tension between Jeremy and Jessa. Jessa was the one who noticed and commented on Jeremy's sweater when she first met him, apparently. Butting heads over Jeremy's apartment. And when both couples participated in a video chat, there was discussion about how Jessa and Jeremy were the ones talking all night while Jinger and Ben were just there listening.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Wouldn't be the first time that there was speculation of sexual tension between Jeremy and Jessa. Jessa was the one who noticed and commented on Jeremy's sweater when she first met him, apparently. Butting heads over Jeremy's apartment. And when both couples participated in a video chat, there was discussion about how Jessa and Jeremy were the ones talking all night while Jinger and Ben were just there listening.

Yes, that's why it read as flirty to me. I don't think it read as quite as flirty if they'd never seemed to have a something. (Like, if Ben had sent that to Jinger or, say, Austin had sent it to Jessa, it wouldn't read as flirtatious to me.) Our conversations on here speculating when/if Jeremy is going to get bored with Jinger and cheat on her doesn't help with the impression. 

Also if they were normal people who weren't part of a system that strictly limits interactions between men and women.

I saw some folks on Reddit pointing out that it is a group chat, and maybe having the context of the group chat--who's in it and what was said--would make it seem less flirtatious. Like, if everyone was giving her shit about it, and he just was the latest to pile in. 

That being said, I sincerely hope neither Jessa nor Jeremy would, you know, cheat with a sibling's spouse/spouse's sibling. That's just cruel. Actually that happened in my extended family with an aunt cheating with her husband's brother. Her husband is an emotionally abusive asshole who's had his own adultery issues, and she figured the best way to get back at him was to fuck his brother. (I'm not real clear on what the brother's motivation was.) That couple is still somehow together, but even over 40 years later, he's still never forgiven her for banging his brother, and she's never forgiven him for not being his brother. And yes that dynamic is every bit as uncomfortable to witness in person as you imagine. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So jinger is supposedly all annoyed by the photographers yet magically all their clothes color coordinate. Give me a break. 

No one who aspires to be an influencer and who thinks they may be a breakout star because they're the one who moved to LA is "annoyed by the photographers." No one. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Its interesting that this text is seen by Reddit posters as flirty. I wonder if they would they see it as  condescending if Jeremy sent it to Jinger?

Probably. I don't see it as flirty at all, just a playfully normal exchange between people who usually seem incapable of normal conversation or playfulness (which is why I don't blame people for seeing it as flirty). Pretty similar to exchanges I've had with various relatives, in-laws, ad dfriends. If Jeremy had sent it to Jinger, though, she wouldn't have taken it as light-hearted teasing so her response would have been completely different.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Probably. I don't see it as flirty at all, just a playfully normal exchange between people who usually seem incapable of normal conversation or playfulness (which is why I don't blame people for seeing it as flirty). Pretty similar to exchanges I've had with various relatives, in-laws, ad dfriends. If Jeremy had sent it to Jinger, though, she wouldn't have taken it as light-hearted teasing so her response would have been completely different.

Yeah, it's true. Anything that approaches normal conversation from a denizen of Duggar surprises everybody and leads to a search for explanations. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think it sounds friendly and playful. It doesn't come off as flirty to me at all -- what's sexual about it? I can see myself having the same conversation with one of my good friends.

Actually, that's the most surprising part to me -- it sounds like human beings who have a friendly, playful, comfortable friendship?! Who knew that any of the Duggars were actually capable of friendships like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't know how they found these, but the Pretentious Ones and Prop had a maternity shoot.

Would it be too much to have at least one photo without a hand on the bump?

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Would it be too much to have at least one photo without a hand on the bump?

How about one without the smug smile?  Maybe it's just me, but her expression in every one of those pictures looks smug and superior.  Maybe that's her idea of an earth mother smile, but it looks like a smirk to me - as if reproducing somehow makes her superior.  

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

How about one without the smug smile?  Maybe it's just me, but her expression in every one of those pictures looks smug and superior.  Maybe that's her idea of an earth mother smile, but it looks like a smirk to me - as if reproducing somehow makes her superior.  

She has looked smug in all of her pictures for at least a year now. Makes me sick.

• Love 13