Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

🙋🏽‍♀️, we all age. Y'all are going to give this 50 something year old a complex folks. 😕😬😉👵🏽

I’m 60 years old, and there are a few guys that I graduated with who look younger than Jeremy.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m 60 years old, and there are a few guys that I graduated with who look younger than Jeremy.

Well I'll have whatever they're drinking! Jeremy sure doesn't look like he's nearing 60.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Well I'll have whatever they're drinking! Jeremy sure doesn't look like he's nearing 60.

I don’t think he looks 60 either. I don’t think he looks “old” I do think he looks tired, sad and worn out. Which makes me think it’s probably a poor pandemic diet (drinking and sweets), irregular sleep and irritability. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think he looks 60 either. I don’t think he looks “old” I do think he looks tired, sad and worn out. Which makes me think it’s probably a poor pandemic diet (drinking and sweets), irregular sleep and irritability. 

My husband had that look the last trimester of every pregnancy.  Apparently the fetus kicking woke him up at night and I apparently am not a peaceful sleeper with a large bump.   Added to the end of pregnancy, a pandemic, school, the crazy hot weather socal had this fall, and another child who may be restless and I'd be surprised if Jeremy looked well rested.  

• Love 10

Maybe Jeremy has had a weight loss and it's showing in his face.  I don't know!  He looks bad.

He's going to soon have two children and a wife to provide for.  Living in a home that he doesn't own and going to classes are both not ideal circumstances.

I'm thinking income comes from doing the show with Jinger Dugger!

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, thehorseofpower said:

I'm kind of a heathen so I may have this wrong...but at my childhood church the main stained glass window at the front of the church showed Jesus praying outdoors, alone in a garden. Didn't Jesus go to a garden the night before he was crucified to pray and communicate with God? Isn't that....OUTDOORS?? If it's good enough for Jesus himself in what must have been his most vulnerable and frightening moment, it seems it should suffice for his followers during a global pandemic. 

That is beautifully said. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think the number 3 comes up because the public-health people  in LA County mandated that once you know of 3 (or more) confirmed cases in your congregation, you're required to report to them. So once the church knew of at least 3 cases, somebody there must have realized that they'd better report or get into more trouble, potentially more serious. So they told the government -- "We're making your required report. We have 3."

And now while public-health investigators are tracking it (that's why they wanted the reports, obviously) and almost certainly know of more by now (although they're probably facing a lot of church members who will refuse to talk to them -- loyalty to your church has been a significant barrier to contract tracing everywhere), the church itself is almost certainly keeping mum to reporters. So nobody else has been able to find out how many in total the church actually knows of. And if you're reporting on it, you have to have evidence of what you say, so the media's stuck with saying "3" because that's all they really know for sure.

Nobody but the LA public health department probably has any idea how many there are. But there are certainly more than three. 

There were probably more than three by the time some of the church officer-members and employees learned that there were three and then finally succeeded in convincing MacArthur they had to report! (harder to argue that telling the truth about disease infringes on your first-amendment rights....especially since Jesus said that thing about the truth setting you free. 😁)

I have no doubt the number of cases are underreported.  MacArthur has made it clear from the start that he feels the pandemic is a hoax and that the restrictions on churches were meant to persecute good Christians.  If I know what he thinks about it, I am certain that everyone who has attended services there during the crisis knows it, too.  Finding clusters relies on two things:  1. people need to be tested and 2. people who test positive need to report all of their contacts to the authorities.  The church might be charged with reporting positive cases amongst its congregations; but that presumes that members who are sick are getting tested and that those who test positive are either cooperating with contact tracing and/or reporting their positive test to the church.  I don't see anyone in the congregation rushing out to get a COVID test unless they end up needing medical care nor do I expect those people to honestly report their contacts to the health department; particularly if some of those contacts attend a church where they are preaching that COVID is an anti-Christian hoax.    And, I expect that all of the congregants are perfectly willing to protect the church by not reporting the result to the church or cooperating with the tracers.

Recall, not that long ago, Jill R explained to all of us that she had a 'friend' who is a nurse who told her that the test results are being falsified, that even tests with no specimen are being reported as positive.  I have a family member, not a fundamentalist, but someone who doesn't like the pandemic guidelines. who told me a similar story.  An acquaintance claimed that reports that a politician died of COVID after attending a political rally without following guidelines didn't really die of COVID; that hospitals get more money for COVID patients so they lie about results and that the political opposition probably arranged for the story to get out in order to scare people away from the other guy's political events.  I have a feeling that many of those attending services a MacArthur's church have similar beliefs and are highly skeptical of getting tested and would not report their contacts truthfully if they did test positive because they want to protect the church above all else.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I have no doubt the number of cases are underreported.  MacArthur has made it clear from the start that he feels the pandemic is a hoax and that the restrictions on churches were meant to persecute good Christians.  If I know what he thinks about it, I am certain that everyone who has attended services there during the crisis knows it, too.  Finding clusters relies on two things:  1. people need to be tested and 2. people who test positive need to report all of their contacts to the authorities.  The church might be charged with reporting positive cases amongst its congregations; but that presumes that members who are sick are getting tested and that those who test positive are either cooperating with contact tracing and/or reporting their positive test to the church.  I don't see anyone in the congregation rushing out to get a COVID test unless they end up needing medical care nor do I expect those people to honestly report their contacts to the health department; particularly if some of those contacts attend a church where they are preaching that COVID is an anti-Christian hoax.    And, I expect that all of the congregants are perfectly willing to protect the church by not reporting the result to the church or cooperating with the tracers.

Recall, not that long ago, Jill R explained to all of us that she had a 'friend' who is a nurse who told her that the test results are being falsified, that even tests with no specimen are being reported as positive.  I have a family member, not a fundamentalist, but someone who doesn't like the pandemic guidelines. who told me a similar story.  An acquaintance claimed that reports that a politician died of COVID after attending a political rally without following guidelines didn't really die of COVID; that hospitals get more money for COVID patients so they lie about results and that the political opposition probably arranged for the story to get out in order to scare people away from the other guy's political events.  I have a feeling that many of those attending services a MacArthur's church have similar beliefs and are highly skeptical of getting tested and would not report their contacts truthfully if they did test positive because they want to protect the church above all else.

These people are morons. Like the ones defying our no indoor dining mandate and doing what they want. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Same here in my area of Ohio. Our city paper’s fb site is full of people telling others NOT to get tested. Funny because they’re the same ones preaching “freedom” about everything else! Don’t we also have freedom to get tested if we choose?

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

These people are morons. Like the ones defying our no indoor dining mandate and doing what they want. 

Same people here! It’s so frustrating.

• Love 15

I don't think aging is something to criticize either, but there's two things with Jeremy that cause me to make an exception.

1- The irony: This is the guy who hires a photographer to take "spontaneous" pictures of Jer and his perfect family but the camera is not treating him kindly these days.

2- Nosiness: almost everyone's extra stressed right now, but Jer and Jinge have a mysterious (and deep) money pot, aren't dealing with any of the stresses of working (or looking for work) in a pandemic world, and don't seem to be in a group that takes the pandemic too seriously. Is there something going on that's making him look seriously older? If so, what?

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I don't think aging is something to criticize either, but there's two things with Jeremy that cause me to make an exception.

1- The irony: This is the guy who hires a photographer to take "spontaneous" pictures of Jer and his perfect family but the camera is not treating him kindly these days.

2- Nosiness: almost everyone's extra stressed right now, but Jer and Jinge have a mysterious (and deep) money pot, aren't dealing with any of the stresses of working (or looking for work) in a pandemic world, and don't seem to be in a group that takes the pandemic too seriously. Is there something going on that's making him look seriously older? If so, what?

It still could be the pandemic. I guessing even the folks who aren't directly impacted by covid still feel the restraints of navigating the world. I would imagine the fear of becoming severely ill by it, peeks out every so often as well. And then there's the one thought that everyone struggles with, no matter where they fall in the pandemic spectrum - when is it finally going to end.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2020 at 3:38 PM, Churchhoney said:

Jer's wrinkles are particularly scary when I think of the facial progression of someone I love -- W. H. Auden.

Nothing substantive to add, just joining you in your love of Auden.

13 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think the number 3 comes up because the public-health people  in LA County mandated that once you know of 3 (or more) confirmed cases in your congregation, you're required to report to them. So once the church knew of at least 3 cases, somebody there must have realized that they'd better report or get into more trouble, potentially more serious. So they told the government -- "We're making your required report. We have 3."

This is exactly what I think, too.

12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ive noticed during this pandemic everyone I know is either drinking more alcohol or eating more sweets (or both).

I can't imagine what you mean (sips martini) (checks out cart full of Lindt truffles).

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Who says he’s hiding it from Jinger?

Ive noticed during this pandemic everyone I know is either drinking more alcohol or eating more sweets (or both). My mom is essential was still working part time yet had fun making new cocktails several times a week. She went from someone who had 1 alcoholic drink a week to 4-5. 

I don’t drink at all, but yeah I’ve been eating more sweets. 

I can see Jeremy going to a glass of wine at dinner to several. Add in the emotional stress of this pandemic, raising a toddler, “feel good carbs”, bad skin care- I can see why he looks the way he does. 

I wasn't suggesting he'd hide it from Jinge that he was having alcohol. And obviously my entire post was just speculation. But yeah, if he were drunk around their tiny daughter on a daily basis, my first guess would be that he'd prefer to keep that from his naive child bride. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm kind of surprised Jeremy hasn't tried his hand at being a wine snob on social media. I mean, it just seems so on point for the persona he tries to project. 

Sideways-Merlot-Meme.jpg?ssl=1

I loved that movie on first watch but haven't been able to ever watch it again.  Too sad.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It still could be the pandemic. I guessing even the folks who aren't directly impacted by covid still feel the restraints of navigating the world. I would imagine the fear of becoming severely ill by it, peeks out every so often as well. And then there's the one thought that everyone struggles with, no matter where they fall in the pandemic spectrum - when is it finally going to end.

I just don’t see RFP as being that deep a thinker or even half that empathetic to the rest of humanity. It’s more likely IMO that things aren’t magically falling in place for him...again. He’s not rich and famous. Again. 😱😱😱😱

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I just don’t see RFP as being that deep a thinker or even half that empathetic to the rest of humanity. It’s more likely IMO that things aren’t magically falling in place for him...again. He’s not rich famous. Again. 😱😱😱😱

That's why the pandemic is getting to him. He'd totally be rich and famous right now if it weren't for that pesky virus!

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, Jinger is carrying that baby very high up. She looks good for someone who is only a couple weeks away from delivering. Adelaide Mianna better not be born on my kid's birthday.

She better not be born on Halloween, which is my sons birthday. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

There's that big cruise scheduled for January. I wonder if that's still a go. 

According to the website, yep. I'm guessing the level of "public persecution" the best Christians are being subjected to in these days of public-health tyranny means they desperately need to huddle together around a Royal Caribbean buffet three or four times a day gathering strength. 

In other news, Jer's apparently been promoted to headliner alongside such leading lights as Voddie Baucham. Yeesh. There'll be a whole lotta talk about public persecution of Protestantism, kid spanking and complementarianism! With good old modern mainstream regular-nice-guy-and-respecter-of-women Jer in worshipful agreement with those he sucks up to, no doubt. Guess headliner status on a Royal Caribbean cruise is what continuous sucking up, TeeVee fame and Jingle's social-media following will do for you. Yeehaw!

Wonder if Jingle'll attend, with a toddler and a near-newborn? 

Public Persecution and Big Buffets! 

https://g3conference.com/g3-at-sea/

"As we consider our place in history, we must be prepared to stand firm in the midst of cultural trials, personal trials, and public persecution. Join us as we remember the important stand of Luther 500 years ago and as we prepare our hearts to remain faithful in our present day.

"From January 10-15, 2021, we invite you to join G3 Ministries as we sail to the Eastern Caribbean and the Bahamas on board the magnificent Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas. This will serve as a retreat and conference where we will consider the importance and necessity of firm Christian conviction.

"During this round-trip Cruise embarking from Miami, FL, Voddie Baucham, Josh Buice, Phil Johnson, and Jeremy Vuolo will lead us in exploring God’s Word throughout our journey together at sea.

"During our time together, we will have hours of biblical teaching, but we will also enjoy unique time together over meals with intentional fellowship time that is typically not possible during a busy conference setting."

Phil: Complementarianism!  Stamp Out Woman Elders and the Sinful Men Who Allow Them! 

(Is he actually wearing a mask?!) 

Voddie: Paddle the "Selfish Sin of Shyness" Out of Your Toddler! 

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/06/17/voddie-baucham-prescription-for-spanking-and-the-shy-child/

'And, they desperately need to be spanked and they need to be spanked often, they do. I meet people all the time ya’ know and they say, oh yeah, “There have only been maybe 4 or 5 times I’ve ever had to spank Junior.” “Really?” ‘That’s unfortunate, because unless you raised Jesus II, there were days when Junior needed to be spanked 5 times before breakfast.” If you only spanked your child 5 times, then that means almost every time they disobeyed you, you let it go.

'Why do your toddlers throw fits? Because you’ve taught them that’s the way that they can control you. When instead you just need to have an all-day session where you just wear them out and they finally decide “you know what, things get worse when I do that.”

''THE SELFISH SIN OF SHYNESS

'Let me give you an example, a prime example. The so-called shy kid, who doesn’t shake hands at church, okay? Usually what happens is you come up, ya’ know and here I am, I’m the guest and I walk up and I’m saying hi to somebody and they say to their kid “Hey, ya’ know, say Good-morning to Dr. Baucham,” and the kid hides and runs behind the leg and here’s what’s supposed to happen. This is what we have agreed upon, silently in our culture. What’s supposed to happen is that, I’m supposed to look at their child and say, “Hey, that’s okay.” But I can’t do that. Because if I do that, then what has happened is that number one, the child has sinned by not doing what they were told to do, it’s in direct disobedience. Secondly, the parent is in sin for not correcting it, and thirdly, I am in sin because I have just told a child it’s okay to disobey and dishonor their parent in direct violation of scripture. I can’t do that, I won’t do that. I’m gonna stand there until you make ’em do what you said.'

Edited by Churchhoney
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

They'll have to wait and see if the CDC extends the No Sail Order again.

Yep. I expect that's having an undesired effect on their ticket purchases! Maybe that's why they promoted Jer-- they need to lean on his tv fame to goose sales. 

Can't imagine the cruise will actually happen. But, hey, they have faith. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

They'll have to wait and see if the CDC extends the No Sail Order again.

If I weren't concerned for the general public upon their return, I'd be 100% for them all getting on a boat together.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

According to the website, yep. I'm guessing the level of "public persecution" the best Christians are being subjected to in these days of public-health tyranny means they desperately need to huddle together around a Royal Caribbean buffet three or four times a day gathering strength. 

In other news, Jer's apparently been promoted to headliner alongside such leading lights as Voddie Baucham. Yeesh. There'll be a whole lotta talk about public persecution of Protestantism, kid spanking and complementarianism! With good old modern mainstream regular-nice-guy-and-respecter-of-women Jer in worshipful agreement with those he sucks up to, no doubt. Guess headliner status on a Royal Caribbean cruise is what continuous sucking up, TeeVee fame and Jingle's social-media following will do for you. Yeehaw!

Wonder if Jingle'll attend, with a toddler and a near-newborn? 

Public Persecution and Big Buffets! 

https://g3conference.com/g3-at-sea/

"As we consider our place in history, we must be prepared to stand firm in the midst of cultural trials, personal trials, and public persecution. Join us as we remember the important stand of Luther 500 years ago and as we prepare our hearts to remain faithful in our present day.

"From January 10-15, 2021, we invite you to join G3 Ministries as we sail to the Eastern Caribbean and the Bahamas on board the magnificent Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas. This will serve as a retreat and conference where we will consider the importance and necessity of firm Christian conviction.

"During this round-trip Cruise embarking from Miami, FL, Voddie Baucham, Josh Buice, Phil Johnson, and Jeremy Vuolo will lead us in exploring God’s Word throughout our journey together at sea.

"During our time together, we will have hours of biblical teaching, but we will also enjoy unique time together over meals with intentional fellowship time that is typically not possible during a busy conference setting."

Phil: Complementarianism!  Stamp Out Woman Elders and the Sinful Men Who Allow Them! 

(Is he actually wearing a mask?!) 

Voddie: Paddle the "Selfish Sin of Shyness" Out of Your Toddler! 

https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/2013/06/17/voddie-baucham-prescription-for-spanking-and-the-shy-child/

'And, they desperately need to be spanked and they need to be spanked often, they do. I meet people all the time ya’ know and they say, oh yeah, “There have only been maybe 4 or 5 times I’ve ever had to spank Junior.” “Really?” ‘That’s unfortunate, because unless you raised Jesus II, there were days when Junior needed to be spanked 5 times before breakfast.” If you only spanked your child 5 times, then that means almost every time they disobeyed you, you let it go.

'Why do your toddlers throw fits? Because you’ve taught them that’s the way that they can control you. When instead you just need to have an all-day session where you just wear them out and they finally decide “you know what, things get worse when I do that.”

''THE SELFISH SIN OF SHYNESS

'Let me give you an example, a prime example. The so-called shy kid, who doesn’t shake hands at church, okay? Usually what happens is you come up, ya’ know and here I am, I’m the guest and I walk up and I’m saying hi to somebody and they say to their kid “Hey, ya’ know, say Good-morning to Dr. Baucham,” and the kid hides and runs behind the leg and here’s what’s supposed to happen. This is what we have agreed upon, silently in our culture. What’s supposed to happen is that, I’m supposed to look at their child and say, “Hey, that’s okay.” But I can’t do that. Because if I do that, then what has happened is that number one, the child has sinned by not doing what they were told to do, it’s in direct disobedience. Secondly, the parent is in sin for not correcting it, and thirdly, I am in sin because I have just told a child it’s okay to disobey and dishonor their parent in direct violation of scripture. I can’t do that, I won’t do that. I’m gonna stand there until you make ’em do what you said.'

That is utterly sickening.  It's so hateful toward women and children that I find it hard to believe that women go along with this program.

• Love 21
6 hours ago, Suzn said:

That is utterly sickening.  It's so hateful toward women and children that I find it hard to believe that women go along with this program.

Women are victims themselves. They have no rights or a voice. They are a baby factory.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Women are victims themselves. They have no rights or a voice. They are a baby factory.

The fundies ascribe to the biblical verses that state that women should be silent in the church. Some churches, like the ones Jill Rod frequents, allow women to teach other women. But they can't, under any circumstances, instruct men. 

eta: Voddie deserves his own circle of hell.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The fundies ascribe to the biblical verses that state that women should be silent in the church. Some churches, like the ones Jill Rod frequents, allow women to teach other women. But they can't, under any circumstances, instruct men. 

eta: Voddie deserves his own circle of hell.

What I don't understand is how a woman in 2020 can accept this treatment.  I get basis of it, I just don't get women acquiescing to this.  I think of Jinger and Felicity being treated this way and I am sickened.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm pretty sure that attitude explains why Jeremy treats Jinger the way he does when she expresses an opinion different from him. I rag on him for his pretentious bullshit because it is pretentious and stupid and he is laughably inept at it, but truthfully, none of that bothers me anywhere near as much as the way he treated her during those games of "Would You Rather." I suspect that everyday with Jeremy is a very long day of constantly being informed of why he knows so much more than you. And while I don't think Jinger is in danger of becoming a brain surgeon or rocket scientist any time soon, nobody deserves to be treated like that. 

No matter how "meek" and submissive Jinger is, that has to hurt.  And yet she smiles and smiles and smiles...  What about Felicity - is she getting enough daily spankings?  Has she yet been "worn out" and had her spirit broken?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

What I don't understand is how a woman in 2020 can accept this treatment.  I get basis of it, I just don't get women acquiescing to this.  I think of Jinger and Felicity being treated this way and I am sickened.

There are many, many women who use misogyny as a tool to obtain some semblance of power for themselves. They see themselves as the right type of women, and if they play by the rules, they will be favored by men. Women who are semi-savvy are able to use their acquiescence to gain influence and control their lives. Michelle and Kelly Jo are the obvious examples, here.

This isn't limited to the super religious, either. The same thinking is at play when women think of child support as something only greedy mothers demand, for example.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 14