Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I think it's their publicist calling the paps, his name also happens to be Jeremy. 

Did you notice the quotation marks where I said people.  I have heard of many a celebrity or wanna be celebrity who call the paps themselves.  

• Love 5

Many, many famous folks called the paps. Even Princess Diana did on occasion. I'm not sure the Vuolos did though. Where do they live? Who do they live near? Who is the neighbor? Maybe the paps hang in the general area, here and there, and this one happened to know who Jinger was. 

If it was the Vuolos, I'll give them credit for not quitting at something they seem to really want. Soon enough, "God will call them in another direction".

• LOL 3

Well, to me, the two options of this are:

1. They called the paps themselves to photograph Jinger giving flowers to a neighbor, who may or may not have wanted the flowers and may or may not have wanted to be photographer receiving the flowers.

2. There is at least one photographer who knows where the live and waits for them to leave their house at any given time to sell those photos to the Daily Mail, which kinda seems like stalking behavior to me.

Obviously, I lean towards option one. If it was at the Farmers Market on Fairfax or something, it could be a more organic thing (as some of their previous pap appearances have been). But since it was in their neighborhood, the only NOT concerning option for a pregnant woman with a small child at home is that they called them. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Many, many famous folks called the paps. Even Princess Diana did on occasion.

Absolutely. And they do it for a reason! Diana was fighting to promote herself  and her view of things against what she saw as enormous opposition from her husband and in-laws. 

That's why I think Jer does do it. Like Diana, he wants something that he figures the photos may give him.

In his case, he's fighting hard to parlay his tv fame into something more. Into a career and money and a lifestyle. (Maybe into that TLC spinoff for the "breakout stars" who are stars because....uh....because....uh....because they moved to LA.) And the photos everybody knows they take themselves or openly pose for and pay a photographer for aren't cutting it when it comes to those goals...

Given how common it is for celebs to pay for faked paparazzi shots, I'd be shocked if it's not a ploy that Jer is trying as well. Getting your photos published by a tabloid "proves" your fame and media value way more than anything you can accomplish for yourself......

Given that, I'd be very surprised if he isn't trying this. Partly because I don't believe there are many paparazzi who are both prowling around residential LA neighborhoods and sufficiently aware of what a low-level fundie reality-tv person like Jingle looks like or where the Vuolos live to have actually noticed Jinge coming out of the house -- just randomly carrying flowers -- and stopped to take those photos! ...Plus, Jingle's "angry at the pap" photo looks suspiciously -- and totally -- fake to me. 😁

Thus -- I find it sad and pitiful. If Jer just found it good fun to get their photos into various rags, then I'd say, heck, go for it.  But that's not the way he rolls. As far as I can see, he's a desperate climber after a life he aspires to and hasn't got.  And this won't help them get what he really wants. Not a chance, I suspect. He definitely needs God to point him in that other direction! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

I'm pretty sure they called the paps themselves and then she "acted" surprised to see them. 

Some time ago, I read an interview with Richard Madden where he was being interviewed at a restaurant (pre-pandemic), and the restaurant owner came to warn him there was paparazzi camped out front and to ask him if he wanted to leave through the front or the back. And Madden asked, "Who in their right mind wants to leave through the front when the paparazzi are out there?!" The restaurant owner was like, "Actually . . . most celebrities." 😂

If Jeremy were ever famous enough to warrant paps camping out for him, he would have probably dashed out the front door, armed with his schedule for the next week for them. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think it's their publicist calling the paps, his name also happens to be Jeremy. 

People have been able to leverage their position in life pretty significantly by posing as their own spokesperson and contacting the press.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

People have been able to leverage their position in life pretty significantly by posing as their own spokesperson and contacting the press.

Definitely, if they have something to offer. 

If you're a boring not-too-charismatic not-very-talented, not-witty, kinda ignorant, highly average person of little accomplishment, though, you can be your own PR agent all you want, and even be good at PR, and it's highly likely you still won't rise very high...or at all.

I'd put the Vuolos more in this category. 😁

ETA: All bets are off if you can convince people you're already a billionaire, of course. (but I'm pretty sure Jer can't do that, either)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
On 10/11/2020 at 6:47 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Sorry.. sometimes the quote box stalks me...

Why in the world would TLC want Jeremy and Jinger for a spinoff???

TLC wants freaks that's why they went after the Duggars in the first place...

Jeremy and Jinger are way too normal, she wears pants, they have a TV and live in a big city...

Jeremy is dreaming..... if he wants TLC to give him a spinoff he needs to have a secret affair with Jessa❤... The relationship produces a love child named Notbens which fits right in with those crazy names and no one is the wiser... Hijinx and laughter abound!!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Sorry.. sometimes the quote box stalks me...

TLC wants freaks that's why they went after the Duggars in the first place...

Jeremy and Jinger are way too normal, she wears pants, they have a TV and live in a big city...

Jeremy is dreaming..... if he wants TLC to give him a spinoff he needs to have a secret affair with Jessa❤... The relationship produces a love child named Notbens which fits right in with those crazy names and no one is the wiser... Hijinx and laughter abound!!

They really need to have quintuplets. Twice. 

• LOL 15
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Because Jeremy really really wants a spinoff! I have a feeling that he believes he is very compelling listening and viewing. And can't imagine that, if given a chance to discover him, the world wouldn't fully agree. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Jeremy hasn't asked for my opinion or my advice, but here it is, Jeremy: given the time you've already put into your current academic program, may I suggest going for a PhD and heading into academia, rather than continuing to try to persuade us that a focus on what you regard as the finer things in life is somehow compatible with the life of a (supposedly) Christian pastor, or try to persuade TLC that delivering flowers to a neighbor is somehow interesting enough to justify a spinoff show?

• Love 19
22 hours ago, quarks said:

Jeremy hasn't asked for my opinion or my advice, but here it is, Jeremy: given the time you've already put into your current academic program, may I suggest going for a PhD and heading into academia, rather than continuing to try to persuade us that a focus on what you regard as the finer things in life is somehow compatible with the life of a (supposedly) Christian pastor, or try to persuade TLC that delivering flowers to a neighbor is somehow interesting enough to justify a spinoff show?

Good advice. You know, a Duggar doing something kind and generous for anyone at all - much less for someone outside the family - is certainly a "breakout" move. She apparently didn't deliver the flowers with a Bible tract attached, and although it's possible that she proselytized the neighbor through the open door, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and think she didn't. 

OTOH, her generous gesture was duly photographed and shared with the media, so I suppose it's not much different from the "charitable" stunts we saw the Duggars do on their TV shows. Like the time they piled into the stinkbus to go bless the victims of a very recent tornado with the presence of their flip-flop clad crew of kids, [or that time they passed out food (and then asked for it back when the filming was done)- EDITED later to add that I probably got the deets wrong here but IIRC a discussion that the Duggs had brought food to be filmed by the crew "donating" it, but then they ended up taking it home so maybe they didn't actually "give" it to anyone before wrapping the shoot, just took it home before it got given away.]. The usual flow of charity and giving is toward the Duggars, not away from them to others. 

Edited by Jeeves
my un-photographic memory and the duggars are still disgusting
  • Love 10

None of the kids are interesting enough to carry a show by themselves. Hell, collectively they're barely interesting enough to be on TV.

A reality show has to have a theme. The Duggars current theme is getting married and having babies. Jeremy and Jinger don't do anything that promotes a theme. Being social media influencers isn't enough because you can't fill 20 minutes of TV time with continuous clips of them going out to eat and TLC isn't going to put their boring religious based podcast on TV.

Austin and Joy are the only ones I think might be able to sustain an audience as a low-rent Flip or Flop series if Joy were more involved (or pretended to be more involved) in flipping houses.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Nysha said:

None of the kids are interesting enough to carry a show by themselves. Hell, collectively they're barely interesting enough to be on TV.

A reality show has to have a theme. The Duggars current theme is getting married and having babies. Jeremy and Jinger don't do anything that promotes a theme. Being social media influencers isn't enough because you can't fill 20 minutes of TV time with continuous clips of them going out to eat and TLC isn't going to put their boring religious based podcast on TV.

Austin and Joy are the only ones I think might be able to sustain an audience as a low-rent Flip or Flop series if Joy were more involved (or pretended to be more involved) in flipping houses.

Good points. And although Austin's house flipping business has potentially the most interest of anything that crowd does (which isn't saying much), he seems to be not at all interested in being on TV, so there's that. I don't see him going through the gyrations and accommodations that would be required for them to film his house flipping (or house building) work. Maybe he'd do it for a big enough paycheck, of course. Never underestimate the call of the dollar.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, quarks said:

Good advice, Jeremy is pretentious in just the right way for a professor 😂 And he loves to lecture.

Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the brains for a career in academia. Or frankly, for an academic PhD.

I don’t know what career would be viable for him...there just aren’t a lot of job openings nowadays for “fop” or “bounder.” 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

And there are already more than enough house flipping shows on TV. No need for another.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, rue721 said:

Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the brains for a career in academia. Or frankly, for an academic PhD.

Having brains is not a prerequisite for working in academia, especially in the private fundy setting. I think Jeremy would be a better biblical professor than preacher but I don't think it pays what he expects to get when he is handed his own mega-church. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Having brains is not a prerequisite for working in academia, especially in the private fundy setting. I think Jeremy would be a better biblical professor than preacher but I don't think it pays what he expects to get when he is handed his own mega-church. 

Also probably doesn't cut it when it comes to his preferred crowd size. 😁

• LOL 9

And most of the PhD's I work with are in no way pretentious. Not to say there aren't pretentious people with terminal degrees, pretentious people are everywhere and many of them don't even have a college degree, for example Jill R, and ask me about my sister-in-law.

Edited by Chicklet
the typos are out to get me
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

“House Flipping in Flipflops with the 4site Family” 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And most of the PHD's I work with are in no way pretentious. Not to say there aren't pretentious people with terminal degrees, pretentious people are everywhere and many of them don't even have a college degree, for example Jill R, and ask me about my sister-in-law.

Very true. I also think the PhD culture has changed in recent years. Maybe because more folks have advanced degrees now.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I have a PhD. If anybody gives Jeremy a PhD for shilling free breakfasts and coffee after I worked my ass off for five years, I may start throwing things. 

Well, complaints to WASC from some graduates, students and current and former faculty about his seminary noted with fury some instances in which favorite people of head honcho MacArthur were handed PhDs based on quite insufficient evidence, according to the complainers. That may mean nobody including Jer is likely to get one just at the moment as Mac tries to show the world that the complaints were all false whispers motivated by Satan. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Good advice. You know, a Duggar doing something kind and generous for anyone at all - much less for someone outside the family - is certainly a "breakout" move. She apparently didn't deliver the flowers with a Bible tract attached, and although it's possible that she proselytized the neighbor through the open door, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and think she didn't. 

OTOH, her generous gesture was duly photographed and shared with the media, so I suppose it's not much different from the "charitable" stunts we saw the Duggars do on their TV shows. Like the time they piled into the stinkbus to go bless the victims of a very recent tornado with the presence of their flip-flop clad crew of kids, or that time they passed out food (and then asked for it back when the filming was done). The usual flow of charity and giving is toward the Duggars, not away from them to others. 

I am not sure they even asked for their food back.  As I recall, someone at the food bank where they filmed said they walked in with the camera crew with multiple Duggars carrying bags of groceries ostensibly for donation to the charity.   As soon as the crew finished filming, the Duggars picked up their 'donations', got back in the car and drove off.  No mention of any request to have the food returned to them, they just took it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

But didn't the info come from an "eye witness"? There seemed to be all kinds of pictures of that day, but I don't remember a pic of them removing the box or of an empty trunk.

I can't imagine even the Duggars doing that. Unless they could find no takers that day and asked a family to pretend to need supplies. That's pretty shady as well - to the viewers, but like everyone says, reality TV isn't reality.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I also seem to remember that they filmed a family getting a box of food. That was taken away when the Duggars left.

8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I am not sure they even asked for their food back.  As I recall, someone at the food bank where they filmed said they walked in with the camera crew with multiple Duggars carrying bags of groceries ostensibly for donation to the charity.   As soon as the crew finished filming, the Duggars picked up their 'donations', got back in the car and drove off.  No mention of any request to have the food returned to them, they just took it.

Well, I started this by referring to the Duggars being filmed donating food and then taking it back when the shot was over. I just remembered it from discussions here, and I don't claim the world's most photographic memory. I'm inclined to agree with @doodlebug as to the details, and at least I was close on the gist of it: fake made-for-TV "giving" to others. 

• Love 4

I believe it was Jinger shown selling a car on an episode. After that, it was said that the person she “sold” it to on the show,  ended up being someone that a member of the filming crew brought in to “buy” it, from what I recall.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
Just now, ginger90 said:

I believe it was Jinger shown selling a car on an episode. After that, it was said that the person she “sold” it to on the show,  ended up being someone that a member of the filming crew brought in to “buy” it, from what I recall.

Oh I totally believe most of the stuff filmed for the show was created for the show. Fake "work" and "car sales" would be on a par with their fake "charitable giving." I don't have the deets, but I'm sure there are numerous examples of made-for-TV fakery in those episodes over the years. 

• Love 8

Re: Duggars 'working' at a Food Bank:

The way I heard it, they walked into the food bank with bags of groceries and waited while one of their producers drove up.  Then they loaded up the groceries (which were returned later off camera).  But while that was happening, another car drove up with a couple in it.  Thinking it was a drive-up service, they got in line behind the producers car and some Duggars told them to open the trunk and they put some groceries in, then shut the trunk.  As soon as the producer drove off  a crew member told the people in the second car to go park "over there".  

The other couple was confused and wondered if they'd been given someone else's groceries by mistake, so they parked where they were told to and someone came up to them and asked them to open the trunk again.  The couple was sure now that there'd been a mistake, so they opened the trunk and waited for someone to ask them what kind of food they could use, how big their family was, etc.

They were pretty much ignored as the Duggars loaded up and drove off, and the crew started packing up their equipment.  Eventually, someone from the crew told them that they had just finished shooting a segment for a TV show, and people who really needed help should go into the building and talk to the real food bank workers.

Again, this is just what I heard a long time ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Wasn’t there also something with giving donuts they got for free to a homeless couple. 

I think Derick bragged about that.  They all went and got free donuts at Krispy Kreme, including getting freebies for Israel, who was a baby at the time. They took a bunch of the younger Duggars with them, grabbing 14 dozen donuts in total. Then, upon seeing a family on the street who was supposedly homeless, they made a big deal of giving away a dozen donuts.  Took pictures and posted them online.  Then went home with the 156 donuts they kept for themselves.

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1096571/duggars-take-advantage-of-their-large-family-to-get-free-food-photos/

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8
Just now, doodlebug said:

I think Derick bragged about that.  They all went and got free donuts at Krispy Kreme, including getting freebies for Israel, who was a baby at the time. They took a bunch of the younger Duggars with them, grabbing 14 dozen donuts in total. Then, upon seeing a family on the street who was supposedly homeless, they made a big deal of giving him a dozen donuts.  Took pictures and posted them online.  Then went home with the 156 donuts they kept for themselves.

https://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1096571/duggars-take-advantage-of-their-large-family-to-get-free-food-photos/

Hey, it was almost tithing! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Here you go

At that point, cameras began to roll and all the Duggars, including pregnant Jessa Duggar Seewald, each grabbed a large box full of what onlookers described as “junk food” from a truck and brought them inside. But producers still weren’t happy with the shots they were getting, directing the Duggars to take the boxes back outside and bring them in again at least three times before they were happy with the shot.

Next, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar greeted the Martinez family, with Jim Bob telling a story about how, when he was growing up, his family was so poor that he cooked some rice in a jar that was supposed to be decorative.

“That was our dinner!” he told the family.

One of the Duggar sons took a box of food out to the Martinez family car — but, once the cameras were turned off, the box of food was taken back out and returned to one of the Duggar family SUVs.

Jim Bob directing traffic really sells it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/5/2020 at 9:23 PM, riverblue22 said:

That looked like a pretty expensive bouquet of flowers that Jinger was sent "yesterday night."

I guess "yesterday night" is courtesy of her awesome home school education.

I know that some home schoolers do a good job but the Duggar's aren't those people.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I guess "yesterday night" is courtesy of her awesome home school education.

I know that some home schoolers do a good job but the Duggar's aren't those people.

Honestly, I wonder if she thinks "yesterday night" sounds more educated than "last night" and that's why she said it. So bad education meets pretentiousness.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

Honestly, I wonder if she thinks "yesterday night" sounds more educated than "last night" and that's why she said it. So bad education meets pretentiousness.

Some Deaf people who use ASL (American Sign Language) write " yesterday night" because that is the more literal translation of how it is signed. Actually that is a simplified way to explain that because the relationship between ASL and English is very complex, and would require a whole book to explain.  That is the only situation in which I have ever seen " yesterday night" written.  Highly educated Deaf people don't use it, only younger students who have not developed written English skills. I have no clue why Jinger would use it. I don't think she has ever studied ASL. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Some Deaf people who use ASL (American Sign Language) write " yesterday night" because that is the more literal translation of how it is signed. Actually that is a simplified way to explain that because the relationship between ASL and English is very complex, and would require a whole book to explain.  That is the only situation in which I have ever seen " yesterday night" written.  Highly educated Deaf people don't use it, only younger students who have not developed written English skills. I have no clue why Jinger would use it. I don't think she has ever studied ASL. 

I really think it's as simple as Jinger trying to sound smart. Because unless it's a regional saying (in which case I take back my mockery), I don't think it's something she was ever taught. "Yesterday has two whole syllables more than last, so it must be better," Jinger, probably.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2