Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 10/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, Temperance said:

Sorry not sure what's up with the quote box..

I think Jeremy typed out what he thought would look childish but intelligent... lol

It has capital letters and lower case and it's gibberish mixed with things that almost look like words.

Jeremy probably thinks he's making Lissy look like a genius child  🤓

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Love2dance said:

To me, the capital letters are proof that Felicity did not type it out.

I agree. Its not that I don't realize kids get into their parents' phones, but I don't think Felicity did. Most of the letters are where thumbs would be if an adult was holding the phone with two hands. I can't imagine a two year old would have the dexterity to manage a phone like that.

• Love 10

When they moved to California I thought that they would embrace more modern lifestyle, maybe change for the better (even if it was little steps, like Jill)

But they actually became the most boring Duggar couple. 

• Love 18
17 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I don't have kids.  Can a kid that young acutally get into messaging and do this?  I'm assuming the phone was unlocked?

Also, how would a little kid type periodic capital letters into a string of lower-case ones? And with each line beginning with a capital letter, too. That seems like a very unlikely maneuver to me....

ETA: oops, @Love2dance. Day late, dollar short on this. But, yeah, don't see how that could happen....And happen repeatedly, too.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

I hate to stop the disbelief train but an iPhone starts with capital letters when you first start typing. If a child is typing, there's nothing stopping them from hitting the up arrow and causing a capital letter in the middle of lowercase ones. My evidence, plenty of similar messages from my child. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
49 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I hate to stop the disbelief train but an iPhone starts with capital letters when you first start typing. If a child is typing, there's nothing stopping them from hitting the up arrow and causing a capital letter in the middle of lowercase ones. My evidence, plenty of similar messages from my child. 

Oh, good to know. My Android phone doesn't do that in texts....or maybe I just haven't found the setting that makes it do that...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, good to know. My Android phone doesn't do that in texts....or maybe I just haven't found the setting that makes it do that...

Same. Mine capitalizes the first word and any word after a period.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Sorry not sure what's up with the quote box..

I think Jeremy typed out what he thought would look childish but intelligent... lol

It has capital letters and lower case and it's gibberish mixed with things that almost look like words.

Jeremy probably thinks he's making Lissy look like a genius child  🤓

Like a chip off the genius block! (he thinks...har har)

What a tool.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Regarding Felicity’s random text,  and not to belabor the point (well, maybe I am, LOL), most of the capital letters were not at the beginning of a sentence or after a punctuation mark. I can’t imagine that a toddler would have the dexterity to make a capital letter so many times in such a short period of time. Especially if she is on an iPad or iPhone. 

• Love 10

Honestly, you're reading to much into it. On an iPhone, which is what that is, you don't have to have dexterity or anything else to shift up to a capital letter. The up arrow key is on the right corner of the keyboard, it's easy to hit while typing. If a child is randomly pressing keys on a phone, they will most definitely capitalize some letters. It would be more suspicious and likely staged if the only capital was at the start of the string. 

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, Tasya said:

Honestly, you're reading to much into it. On an iPhone, which is what that is, you don't have to have dexterity or anything else to shift up to a capital letter. The up arrow key is on the right corner of the keyboard, it's easy to hit while typing. If a child is randomly pressing keys on a phone, they will most definitely capitalize some letters. It would be more suspicious and likely staged if the only capital was at the start of the string. 

My 3 year granddaughter has sent texts to me that look a lot like Felicity's. She sees her mom pressing buttons and then imitates it. It's interesting when they find the emojis!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Tasya said:

Honestly, you're reading to much into it. 

Have you been on this thread before?  *LOL*

And I'm sitting here wondering if there would be a single post here if the words "pocket square" didn't exist.  The Vuolos may be boring, but they seem to at least try to post semi-fresh material.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Have you been on this thread before?  *LOL*

And I'm sitting here wondering if there would be a single post here if the words "pocket square" didn't exist.  The Vuolos may be boring, but they seem to at least try to post semi-fresh material.  

THIS was semi fresh?

• Love 6

I don't know how Jinger is pitching the personal smoothie thing, but to me it looks like something someone would bring to work. So they could make smoothies there. I can't think of any other place where that would make sense.

• Love 9

It would be more effective if she would flip the screenshot so it's not a mirror image. That way her viewers could read the brand on the front of the mixer.

I wonder if she has allergies and has been rubbing her eye enough to bruise the skin? I had a joke about domestic abuse, but it's really not a funny subject.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

The Vuolos may be boring, but they seem to at least try to post semi-fresh material.  

Since they are the worst of this bunch for reposting old content and trying to pass it off as new, I'm not sure I'd apply the descriptor "semi-fresh" to their social media content. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

THIS was semi fresh?

Lol, if this was fresh content, I’d hate to see their boring, repetitive stuff!  (Oh wait, we have!)

And anytime Jinger shills something from now on, I’ll only think “jill’s promoting lube. Sorry, can’t beat that!” 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I don't think her eyes look all that bad. Even if they're a little puffy, IMO it could be bad air, as @CalicoKitty said, or related to her pregnancy - or from any number of fairly innocuous causes. Even a bad night's sleep. I do think it's supremely stupid to post a mirror image of the item you're shilling when it means people can't read the brand name. Sheesh.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Shilling something else. Until the company drops her. What is going on with her left eye?

A22E5C25-DFCC-46BF-AB4B-63689F9274E8.jpeg

I think these portable type mixers/smoothie makers have been sold on QVC before mainly at the beginning of summer. Maybe not this year since people didn't travel much because of Covid but I know they were hustled somewhere.  I'm sure they were cheaper (both in price and quality) from QVC than whatever company Jinger was promoting.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

hilling something else. Until the company drops her. What is going on with her left eye?

A22E5C25-DFCC-46BF-AB4B-63689F9274E8.jpeg

Ivy looks just like Jinger when her eyes are all puffy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Translation: “You’re already being scammed, so why are you being mean and not letting us scam you?”

Ah, but when the holy monetize you, it's certainly not a scam. It's serving Jesus (tm Jill Rodrigues), and you do want to serve Jesus, don't you?

It probably isn't a scam even when the near relatives of the holy scam you! (See MacArthur, Mark, son of MacArthur, John, and esteemed podcast guest expert on financial ethics of Vuolo, Jeremy; now charged with fraud (wrongly, of course) by the SEC)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5