Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'm still guessing Rosemary Charlotte as a name for the new baby. If you would like to guess too, people can start guessing names and dates.  I'll keep track of the guesses and if anyone gets it, I'll announce the winner.

Jinger is due Nov. 19 so she's getting close. 

(Part of this is intended to be a distraction from the world.)

I do NOT want them using Charlotte! Always one of my favorite names.

• Love 4

People who don't have oily skin or hair (which is really skin, i.e., the scalp) may not know this but the more you wash, the oilier they get. Soap seems to stimulate oil production. There is a theory that if you don't shampoo for weeks the cycle will be broken. If I had thick hair I might attempt it but, alas, I don't and haven't tried it.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

People who don't have oily skin or hair (which is really skin, i.e., the scalp) may not know this but the more you wash, the oilier they get. Soap seems to stimulate oil production. There is a theory that if you don't shampoo for weeks the cycle will be broken. If I had thick hair I might attempt it but, alas, I don't and haven't tried it.

Yes, the harsh sulfates found in most shampoos strip the hair of oil and cause the scalp to produce more.  I have fine hair and switched to sulfate-free shampoo a few years ago.  I now wash my hair every other day and probably could stretch it further, but choose not to.  Jeremy probably also uses too many products and too much of those products for this to work though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe they'll start calling him by his true name:   Vain Hope

If he was a woman, he would be Hope Leslie Vayne.

2 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

In keeping with her big sister, Publicity, I’m thinking Property (aka Prop), Opportunity or Persnickety.

Duplicity?

• LOL 14
On 11/3/2020 at 2:41 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes, the harsh sulfates found in most shampoos strip the hair of oil and cause the scalp to produce more.  I have fine hair and switched to sulfate-free shampoo a few years ago.  I now wash my hair every other day and probably could stretch it further, but choose not to.  Jeremy probably also uses too many products and too much of those products for this to work though.

I tried using sulfate free shampoo a few years ago and couldn't do it. My hair was so greasy it looked like I hadn't even washed it at all. It looked and felt terrible. I can't remember how long I stuck with it but it had to be at least a few weeks before I became too embarrassed to leave the house and switched back to regular shampoo. I would love to be able to wash my hair less as it would save me oodles of time getting ready in the morning if I didn't have to blow dry it every single day (well, it would have back when I was actually going into the office...now I haven't heat styled my hair since March!), or even if I could shower at night, but my hair looks and feels gross after sleeping on it no matter how late the shower is. 

Perhaps Jeremy is jumping on the no-shampoo trend where you take it even further than using sulfate free products and don't wash your hair for a week or more. I would expect him to document the process on social media with lots of wannabe witty commentary if he was doing that, however. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 11/3/2020 at 3:08 AM, Temperance said:

I'm still guessing Rosemary Charlotte as a name for the new baby. If you would like to guess too, people can start guessing names and dates.  I'll keep track of the guesses and if anyone gets it, I'll announce the winner.

Jinger is due Nov. 19 so she's getting close. 

(Part of this is intended to be a distraction from the world.)

Mary Leona was Grandma's name.  I think Jinger was close to her grandma.  I think she will honor her with one of the names as a middle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I hope they don't use Hope. Its one thing to name your podcast after your child, its a whole other thing to name your child after your podcast.

As @Jeanne222 suggested, Mary or Leona would be a good middle name and would avoid any hurt feelings with Michelle and Diana. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Liberty Belle Vuolo

Chastity Belt Vuolo

Virtue Vanity Vuolo  

I'm wondering if they'll do the Duggar thing and have a bunch of kids with "F" names?

Fatima Fern Vuolo

Fancy Fawn Vuolo

My vote is for Fancy Fawn!!!!!

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope they don't use Hope. Its one thing to name your podcast after your child, its a whole other thing to name your child after your podcast.

As @Jeanne222 suggested, Mary or Leona would be a good middle name and would avoid any hurt feelings with Michelle and Diana. 

That is why I suggested Trinity Marie. Marie would be in honor of Mary. However,  in a nod to our own Temperance on this board, I think that Temperance Leona or Temperance Marie would work . Nickname Tempie. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm wondering if they'll do the Duggar thing and have a bunch of kids with "F" names?

I've always thought Jeremy is a snob who may agree with the Duggars' Fundamentalist beliefs, but despises their shabby vulgarity. He probably regards the whole "J Name" theme as silly and tacky. Especially since the only other Duggar couple who've followed Jim Bob and Michelle's lead in this are Josh and Anna. I don't think he wants anyone to think that he and Jinger have anything in common with them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
55 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I've always thought Jeremy is a snob who may agree with the Duggars' Fundamentalist beliefs, but despises their shabby vulgarity. He probably regards the whole "J Name" theme as silly and tacky. Especially since the only other Duggar couple who've followed Jim Bob and Michelle's lead in this are Josh and Anna. I don't think he wants anyone to think that he and Jinger have anything in common with them.

I agree, but I think he will continue on giving his daughters virtue names.  That will be his theme just like Ben with his  Protestant Hall of Fame names.  As far as those virtue names go, I'm going to throw out Mercy as a possiblity.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I agree with you 100%--Jeremy will never do the name theme because he thinks he is above that--but I'm not sure why the quote pondering about the name theme is attributed to me since I never said that. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Needs a little zuzhj   -- Vainglorious Hope.   Now it's bespoke enough for the reverend.   

I can see the cousins saying this one. Even Jackson mangled Spurgeon.

Meet my cousin Vaginorious.

• LOL 7

If Jeremy and Jinger dont go with a virtue name, I wonder if they would go with something Greek in origin.   Since, you know, Jeremy has been busy studying Greek in the seminary.   I have been looking up Greek names, and Iris means from the rainbow.   I could see Iris Diana Vuolo.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I can see the cousins saying this one. Even Jackson mangled Spurgeon.

Meet my cousin Vaginorious.

Vagino for short 🤣🤣🤣

I think they will pick a nice name for prop #2. 
Frankie would be cute.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I think they will pick a nice name for prop #2. 
Frankie would be cute.

Frankie, for a girl?    How many bows would they have to festoon her head with to be sure no one doubted for a millisecond she was a boy?   I get a headache on the poor kid's behalf just thinking about it. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
Just now, Zella said:

I'd always seen Jeremy's slide into pretension as a more recent manifestation, but that douchy pose in the wedding pic makes me question my grasp of the facts. 

True. Looking back, the signs were all there. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

It was always there for each ..  I remember getting shut down ages ago when I voiced the idea that he was less than stellar 

and I’m probably the lone person who didn’t like the colours of Jin’s bridesmaid dresses 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He said perilous mountain of life not marriage so I think he's going more for thanks for joining me on the perilous journey of life than saying marriage is a dangerous mountain.

Oops! That's what I get for skimming his blather. 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

What a pompous twit... standing there like a peacock 

Jinger is standing WITH her group but not Jeremy, he plants himself wayyyyyyy out front, hands on his lapels with his smug face and bird beak nose.... He's in focus while his entourage is just a blurred mess.... What a douche! 🙄

He needs to stick that nose in the Bible and learn about humility.

I'm not crazy about the dresses in all different colors... Was that Jinger's choice or was it done to save money?

• Love 15