Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And “nesting” generally just means staying at home and in her case, getting some new baby (nursery?) ready. I assume they already have much of what’s needed. I just don’t think it’s all much of a change from her life before “nesting.”

For me nesting included everything, from the essentials to the crazy. Yup, need the newborn clothing washed before the baby is born and I think I'll wallpaper the the hallway. Lol

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For me nesting included everything, from the essentials to the crazy. Yup, need the newborn clothing washed before the baby is born and I think I'll wallpaper the the hallway. Lol

Since they’re still living rent free in someone else’s house, I don’t think they’re putting up any wallpaper🤣.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sephora Vuitton Vuolo

Chanel Prada Vuolo

Dior Hermes Vuolo

(Hey, it’s all about the branding, right?)

Michelle: Oh, no, she really wants to name the baby Walmart Mainstays Vuolo.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
On 11/8/2020 at 1:24 AM, Gemma Violet said:

I'm way behind the name guessing, but I'm going with Eleanor.  I know a couple of people have already mentioned it upthread, but it's my all-time favorite name, so Eleanor it is.  I don't think Hope will be the middle name. 

I thought she was going with the American Girl  Doll theme, so maybe Kit, Samantha or Josefina.

• LOL 11
22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd love it if they used an 'M' name, just to piss off Anna.  Not Michelle, though.

Marguerite, Martha, Marilyn, Margaret, Millicent.  Can you tell I'm old?  heh

Melody or Melodia would go well with Felicity.

• Love 7
On 11/8/2020 at 10:56 PM, madpsych78 said:

Serena Joy Vuolo. Blessed be the fruit!

Nah, she wouldn't dare use the name of a sister that wasn't her bestie, Jessa.  Jessa's nostils would flare like they've never flared before.

I'm way behind the name guessing, but I'm going with Eleanor.  I know a couple of people have already mentioned it upthread, but it's my all-time favorite name, so Eleanor it is. 

Our two-year-old granddaughter is named Eleanor but is better known as Leni.  Lissy and Leni would be cute sister names.

• Love 8

I can’t believe that none of these people have named one of their kids Liberty yet. I’ll vote for Liberty Faith Vuolo. Yes, this would give them a Libby and a Lissy but Jinger grew up in a house where multiple kids had similar names. Joy Anna and Johannah will always make me go 🤔

• Love 6
12 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

I thought she was going with the American Girl  Doll theme, so maybe Kit, Samantha or Josefina.

I could totally see them using Josephine. 

I imagine joy would like Liberty. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Kirsten was the one who wore prairie dresses like it was 1850.... get back to your roots, Jinger! 

• LOL 9

This is already old news but MacArthur's #2 man, Michael Mahoney, was fired from Grace Church back in August without any explanation. Jeremy used to kiss Mahoney's ass, his family has been featured on the show, they had Jinger's surprise party at their house. Their daughter, Madisen, was the Vuolo's personal photographer and did their quarantine shoots and baby #2 announcement People pics. All pictures of the Vuolos and Mahoneys have been scrubbed from both their social media. It's all very fishy.

Screenshot_20201110-195353_Google.thumb.jpg.80d9c84c0b3727001061c9012b57e341.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-195252_Google.thumb.jpg.76f507541ae3a5e9330f70489f37beb2.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-195312_Google.thumb.jpg.d640462e70d92e7b127908c0c5a8399b.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 10
  • LOL 5

I remember that smarmy dude's face and how much Jeremy was kissing his ass. The great Stalinist purge of him from their social media is hilarious. I think their daughter may have been who people were thinking of as the nanny, IIRC. Them having a personal photographer comes across as worse, to me. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Who is the long haired dude (if it's a dude and not a rough looking woman) on the far left of the picture?

For some reason he/she looks familiar to me. 🤔

That's Punchable Aunt Cade! Jeremy's American Idol boyfriend who sings and is outshined in the music world by his wife.

• Love 8
Just now, Zella said:

That's Punchable Aunt Cade! Jeremy's American Idol boyfriend who sings and is outshined in the music world by his wife.

Ohhhhhhh lol thanks I'm still trying to catch up and put names to faces.

Now that you mentioned it I think I saw a video of him singing or on stage.... Punchable indeed!  😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ohhhhhhh lol thanks I'm still trying to catch up and put names to faces.

Now that you mentioned it I think I saw a video of him singing or on stage.... Punchable indeed!  😂

Everything about that dude is just noxiously obnoxious. 

• Love 9

I find it interesting that Jinger is not giving any information about this pregnancy/birth. With Lissy, we had videos, doctor's appointments, she explained why she is planning to have hospital birth. Now, nothing.

Only Hope we hold, that's almost everything she posts on Instagram (stories)

• Love 6

From this article: 

https://moderndayzorro.medium.com/grace-community-church-get-your-house-in-order-how-the-firing-of-michael-mahoney-the-impending-a3410333d676

“They claim that he was fired for “deception” and that “whatever you’re thinking it is, it is far worse”. The elders investigated and let him go. Everything pertaining to him was cleared from gracechurch.org, shepherdsconference.com, and tmus.edu. As if he had never been there. At Grace, when you’re gone, you’re gone.”

• Useful 13

Mahoney was the one responsible for dealing with Los Angeles over meeting inside the church.  I'm guessing since that hasn't gone as well as MacArthur wished there is a part of the problem.

Jeremy is still attending seminary so perhaps he danced away quickly enough.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

This is already old news but MacArthur's #2 man, Michael Mahoney, was fired from Grace Church back in August without any explanation. Jeremy used to kiss Mahoney's ass, his family has been featured on the show, they had Jinger's surprise party at their house. Their daughter, Madisen, was the Vuolo's personal photographer and did their quarantine shoots and baby #2 announcement People pics. All pictures of the Vuolos and Mahoneys have been scrubbed from both their social media. It's all very fishy.

Screenshot_20201110-195353_Google.thumb.jpg.80d9c84c0b3727001061c9012b57e341.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-195252_Google.thumb.jpg.76f507541ae3a5e9330f70489f37beb2.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-195312_Google.thumb.jpg.d640462e70d92e7b127908c0c5a8399b.jpg

Now THIS is the kind of stuff that makes for some fun speculation! And social media torture! I almost want to follow them so I can post random comments on their posts asking about the Mahoneys.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5

Since Jer's still on the bill for the cruise in January, it appears he has managed to dance away. In the comments on the article, I found this: 

'Since Phil Johnson was apparently the “lead” elder handling the investigation the circumstances are even more muddy.' -- i.e., in charge of the Mahoney investigation. And Johnson is a leader of the cruise conference. If Jer were out of favor, I expect he would have been jettisoned from that lineup or at least not be one of those given top billing. 

This line in the article kind of cracked me up, in light of Jer's determination to be--and apparent designation as--a top-favored JM sycophant --  "John MacArthur...has gone on several firing sprees as long as I have known him."

I worked for a boss like this for a number of years and it wasn't just detractors and competitors that got the axe. I watched successive sycophants proudly flex their muscles against others at the boss's behest and then get suddenly and ignominiously axed themselves. 

I ran into one of the dumped sycophants at an airport a couple years after he was flung from the top story and found him willing to talk to me without condescension for the first time ever. I asked him why he'd participated in a couple of crap, ethically suspect events I'd witnessed, and he said, "I thought it'd never happen to me." 

Look out, Jer. It can happen to you. Even if you remain the most dedicated toadie on the planet until the bitter end. Some of them especially enjoy axing the toadies, probably because the toadies are so shocked by their own demise.  That was the case with my old boss. And it might be the case with Johnny M, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Since Jer's still on the bill for the cruise in January, it appears he has managed to dance away. In the comments on the article, I found this: 

'Since Phil Johnson was apparently the “lead” elder handling the investigation the circumstances are even more muddy.' -- i.e., in charge of the Mahoney investigation. And Johnson is a leader of the cruise conference. If Jer were out of favor, I expect he would have been jettisoned from that lineup or at least not be one of those given top billing. 

This line in the article kind of cracked me up, in light of Jer's determination--and apparent designation--to be a top-favored JM sycophant --  "John MacArthur...has gone on several firing sprees as long as I have known him."

I worked for a boss like this for a number of years and watched successive sycophants proudly flex their muscles against others at the boss's behest and then get Saturday-night-massacred themselves. 

I ran into one of the dumped sycophants at a airport a couple of years after he was flung the top story and found him willing to talk to me without condescension for the first time ever. I asked him why he'd participated in a couple of crap, ethically suspect events I'd witnessed, and he said, "I thought it'd neve happen to me." 

Look out, Jer. It can happen to you. Even if you remain the most dedicated toadie on the planet until the bitter end. Some of them especially enjoy axing the toadies, probably because the toadies are so shocked by their own demise.  That was the case with my old boss. And it might be the case with Johnny M, too. 

It all sounds so very Scientology.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23

I want to want to believe that the Elders “investigated”, but considering that he was working on Tuesday and Wednesday and did not show up on Thursday is suspect. In fact, I did ask two Elders and they stated that they had no idea he was let go.

So, the story continues…this will be another item in a long string of undiscussed and ignored topics. John MacArthur always takes the position that the members and employees (not to mention student, ref. accreditation probe) are not “owed” an explanation. 

This gave me flashbacks to C of O. 

If my experiences there is any reflection of what doing business with MacArthur is like, Jeremy would serve himself a lot better if he kept his mouth shut and kept his head down until he GTFO. What you wrote also sounds eerily familiar, @Churchhoney.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jeremy immediately got on board with the new train and disavowed any pretense of friendship with Mahoney. The survivors tend to do that in places like that, but he shouldn't expect anyone there to do anything different when it's his turn to be cast aside.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

And now it even includes a cruise ship! 

Big Daddy Mac would also totally pull an L Ron Hubbard and make people clean a bathroom floor with their tongue. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, iwantcookies said:

Maybe he had an affair like Carl Lentz. Definitely something juicy . Hmmmmmm.

Haha I read that as his affair with Carl Lentz, and my curiosity was piqued. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Gabby Barrett. She's a pretty big star...I saw her name featured for some upcoming awards show.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, drafan said:

Gabby Barrett. She's a pretty big star...I saw her name featured for some upcoming awards show.

Yeah I know her name. I just don't enjoy making fun of her as much as I do Punchable Aunt Cade. 🤣

• LOL 9

I’m going to guess Mahoney’s departure didn’t have much to do with extracurricular sexual activity...this crowd always blames the Other Woman or Satan anyway. Nor do I think they’d boot him for mismanagement of Covid rules...that seems to be a badge of honor among these chucklefucks.

Either Mahoney tried to stage an internal coup of MacArthur’s headship and one of the co-conspirators ratted him out to the old man or he had been embezzling. You don’t mess with the money in the prosperity Gospel grift, ever.

I worked for a narcissist tech billionaire at one point who often fired his perceived favorites just because they got cocky and/or failed to keep up with their ass kissing quota. And some days he’d just fire someone because they looked at him wrong. Sometimes he’d fire them, wait until they had new jobs, lure them back...and fire them again. Mostly he liked breaking people. It made him happy. The one thing I learned from that mess is that being filthy rich doesn’t make people happy...if anything, it makes them miserable and inclined to share that misery.

• Love 14

Autocrats gotta autocrat. Keep everyone dancing as fast as they can.

Jer should have a backup plan in case he and the family lose the house and their latte and pocket square benefits. They might have to move in with the Duggars or the Vuolos. Jinger would be OK, but Jer would break into a thousand pieces. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Jinger would be OK, but Jer would break into a thousand pieces. 

This is the premise of either a mediocre network sitcom or a gritty premium cable drama. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is the premise of either a mediocre network sitcom or a gritty premium cable drama. 

Starring neither Jeremy nor Jinger. These shows would need actors who are more watchable than the dishwater-dull Jinger/Jeremy combo.  

13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Punchable Aunt Cade has some serious hair, but that rug and bad denture set Mahoney’s got going on is cracking me up. 

And he's short too. (Disclaimer: my husband is short, so I don't care. However, Mahoney is objectionable on so many levels, it's worth a mention along with his fake hair and teeth.)

• LOL 9
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Starring neither Jeremy nor Jinger. These shows would need actors who are more watchable than the dishwater-dull Jinger/Jeremy combo.  

And he's short too. (Disclaimer: my husband is short, so I don't care. However, Mahoney is objectionable on so many levels, it's worth a mention along with his fake hair and teeth.)

I totally envision a movie exec evaluating them going about like this: "And the try-hard pocket square and fountain pen dude is too much. Lose him! Who? Her? There's a her? Oh I forgot about her. Paint would rather watch paint dry. Lose them both!" 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10

I just noticed that Gabby Barrett got a feature story in the Washington Post today. Cade got one mention--as her husband and former Idol contestant. Jeremy chased the wrong one in that duo. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 17