Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I imagine being far away from family and not being able to hop, skip, and jump whenever she wants hasn't helped. Her siblings have been in areas with relatively lax restrictions too. If they wanted to get away from their "best friend forever" they could haul Jana out for a girl's day whenever. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

....back on topic....I think quarantine has been a very rough road for the Vuolos. 

I think it's been a pretty rough road for everyone. JinJer try to portray a carefree, luxury-filled lifestyle that's probably not the best image right now, especially for a wannabe man of god. That's Jer's doing, and I don't feel any sorrier for them than for anyone else struggling in difficult times. OK. I feel a bit sorry for Jinger for getting saddled with this poseur. 

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s possible RFP’s delusions of grandeur are dying a slow painful death...yet again...and he may be freaking out that he kissed the wrong butt in that now-exiled Mahoney schmuck.

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. 

What could his next adventure possibly be? I feel like this dude is running out of places and fame seeking opportunities. Especially with a wife and two kids in tow. 

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Marry in haste, repent at leisure. 

What could his next adventure possibly be? I feel like this dude is running out of places and fame seeking opportunities. Especially with a wife and two kids in tow. 

"God" will lead him somewhere. Even if its to live a humble life next to JD & Abbie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

It’s possible RFP’s delusions of grandeur are dying a slow painful death...yet again...and he may be freaking out that he kissed the wrong butt in that now-exiled Mahoney schmuck.

Given Jer's favored placement on the (likely doomed, thank goodness) cruise ship program, he seems to have successfully transferred his lips from Mahoney over to Phil Johnson's homophobic ass. So he probably doesn't even have to freak out about that. 

Johnson, by the by, is one of the loudest evangelical proponents of the now-increasingly-viewed-as-unChristian-even-by-evangelicals "idea" that "homosexual desires are every bit as sinful as homosexual actions" (i.e., very very very very very sinful). "a sinful perversion" that's worse than most other things you can do wrong.

"People sometimes suggest that all sin is equally vile," said this creep to whose butt Jer's lips are now plastered (when he's forced to pry them away from MacArthur's personal ass.) "That's simply not true. It's true that all sin is damnably wicked, but Jesus Himself made clear that some sins are worse than others (John 19:11; Luke 10:12-14). And Scripture clearly portrays certain sexual perversions (lesbianism...among them) as unusually and unnaturally perverse." (See, for example, Romans 1:26-28.)   http://teampyro.blogspot.com/2018/05/by-phil-johnson-ull-disclosure-here-is.html 

What a charmer.

I hope the next non-conservative-Christian retailer Jer tries to shill for finds out about his devotion to this lovely idea and its fervent proponents MacArthur and Johnson and shuns him with the vigor with which he apparently would shun others. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am old and don't understand the world of influencers but in order to be one, don't you have to be - you know - influential?

Yep. But to be a wannabe influencer, all you need is to be 10 years old. 

Seems every survey they conduct with young kids these days reveals the top career aspiration of 8-13- year-olds is overwhelmingly "influencer and youtube personality." 

And that's Jer's aspiration. So I'm guessing that's his mental age as well. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I hate those shoes. The suit too, but shoes are worse

So do I. How many photos did he have taken in that ugly getup? 

Now to be fair (ha,ha), at least his pants are hemmed. I get so tired of seeing photos in which the guys' pants are puddled around their shoes. Maybe in a family of 15, it's too much trouble to hem up a pair of pants that's likely to be passed down again to the next kid in a few months. Maybe it's Pinterest. I just don't see the attraction of pants that are long enough to trip on or drag in the dirt.  

Those pants are badly wrinkled. Is it the fabric, or is it Jer crawling around kissing ass in the presence of the big shots at the school? Hard to say. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"God" will lead him somewhere. Even if its to live a humble life next to JD & Abbie.

If it comes to that I think "God" will be left in the dust while RFP puts some of those fancy pens of his to work writing a tell all spilling either Duggar secrets or those of his spiritual leaders -- whichever will get a publishing deal and sell enough books to keep them out of Arkansas.   If it comes to it he'll ghostwrite Jinger's story of growing up Duggar.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

We are so very screwed.

At 10 years old, kids are allowed to have unreasonable dreams. When I was that age, kids wanted to be pop stars, or pro-athletes. And then they grow out of those dreams into real careers. 

Topic: Jeremy that suit is straight out of the seventies. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I’m just picturing Jeremy and Jinger in a trailer with two kids and JD & Abbie live next door! Jer would be miserable.I’m sure that’s his worst nightmare come true and he'll have to beg JB for money lol not gonna happen.

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The suit is very 70s. Maybe it’s his dads haha. 

Jeremy living in a warehouse or a trailer he would rather ditch Jinge and run off. 

No doubt. JereME would pack up his pocket squares and fountain pens and be taillights...

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Aaaaannnd there it is..... I knew this was coming right after the podcast. Taking theJer and Auj Roloff route and writing a book 2 seconds after marriage. Maybe that's why they keep calling the paps because they need to stay relevant until the release.

1022613231_Screenshot_20201117-182712_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.9ab0c788496ab9e0fa19bcb9bcbd235a.jpg1070835544_Screenshot_20201117-182733_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.63d5138a0a6364bcadb312ca1d015ed0.jpg1251899314_Screenshot_20201117-183526_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.eaea9233be85166a70f058afe7a12502.jpg

Screenshot_20201117-183134_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• LOL 17
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Not mentioned anywhere in Amazon description. Self-published?

That's my guess. I asked because I was wondering if any of the bigger name Christian publishers (or smaller ones) were throwing money at the breakout stars. Apparently not. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Found it...”Worthy Publishing” of the Hatchette Group. Christian publishing, apparently.

It's a vanity publisher! 

Edit: Maybe not? It was purchased a couple of years ago by Hatchette. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

What’s that mean?

You pay to be printed. But maybe I'm wrong? What's weird is I'm not finding submission guidelines for them. 

I hate navigating Hatchette's website for imprints because the info is a big amount of nothingburger.

But this is what a press release said when Hatchette bought the company a couple of years ago:

An established boutique publisher in the Christian market, Worthy publishes high-quality books across a broad spectrum: inspiration, fiction, Bible study, current events, devotion, leadership, biography, and personal growth. Worthy has built a stellar catalog of bestselling inspirational authors, complemented by a strong presence in the gift and children’s markets. 

So, maybe it's not vanity publishing. I'm assuming, if their market hasn't changed too much, they're thinking this fits their inspirational/gift market. As tone deaf as they are on social media, this . . . might get interesting. It would not surprise me if there's a ghostwriter, either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

According to Dun & Bradstreet, the company had revenues of $438 million in 2019. 

But it’s highly unlikely they paid the Breakouts any kind of real advance, especially since they probably had to pay for a ghostwriter to try to make it readable.

We’ll see if there’s any kind of a PR push behind it...I’m going to say no, that they’re going to count on the free PR for baby Hope’s birth. Shameless.

MAN I hope the scans were wrong and this baby turns out to be male! 

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

You pay to be printed. But maybe I'm wrong? What's weird is I'm not finding submission guidelines for them. 

What do you mean by submission guidelines? I'm not familiar with publishers.

eta: They absolutely had a ghostwriter. Jinger's barely literate, and reading Jeremy would be excruciating. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 12
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

What do you mean by submission guidelines? I'm not familiar with publishers.

Publishers that accept unsolicited submissions will have their rules posted as submission guidelines. What they're looking for in a manuscript and what they want in the packet. (Pro tip: Follow those rules exactly if you don't want them to throw out your shit unread on a technicality. I watched someone do that on an old publishing job I had.) 

When I thought it was a vanity press, I was also wanting to see what their, for lack of a better word, menu of options are because the more you pay, the more services you get.

But I saw none of that stuff. 

It's possible you have to have an agented submission. Let me find my Writer's Guide and see what it says. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Why is it we can't get the book published that we actually want? Just more propaganda for the oh-so-special-and-Godly Duggars' cult. If a book were released that were an actual tell-all, I'd read it. I wouldn't buy it because I don't want this grifting clan to get any more money, but I'd borrow it from the library. Deertick keeps teasing he'll release one, but I really don't see that becoming a reality, and the story of his wife and her family isn't his to tell.

• Love 9

Hmm I am not finding them in there, either, so I assume it has the same policy Hachette does of requiring agented submissions. Since the publisher is sort of niche and seems to reuse a lot of the same authors, my assumption is they may not even look at too many submissions because they have their own stable they keep returning to, so it is interesting to me they have made this deal. I weep for their editor. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Thanks. I was going to ask about agents. I'm sure they're represented. 

From another thread, @MaryAnneSpier said: 

Even though I love academia, I've always preferred the more down-to-earth, practical approach to preaching as opposed to the more "scholarly" type. The latter oftentimes comes off condescending, unwelcoming and snobbish, whereas the former is more appealing and can help with day-to-day application of the message.  For me, if a preacher tries to show his/her superiority to his/her congregation, I tune out the whole sermon. You've gotta be likeable and relatable, just like all jobs in the public eye.

This is precisely why I would never read anything Jeremy writes. Cold and humorless. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Thanks. I was going to ask about agents. I'm sure they're represented. 

I think you're right. And that agent will take a nice piece of the pie.

Damn Jeremy. I was planning on spending the evening admiring Pernell Roberts in old Bonanza episodes, but now I might have to abandon that to snoop around on Worthy. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Seriously, if they name this baby Hope and pimp out her arrival to sell their shitty little book they will zoom to the number one spot on the ALL-TIME DUGGAR ASSHOLE Hall of Fame for all eternity, supplanting both Smuggar and Ma and Pa, who started this whole nightmare.

• Love 16