Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

If Johanna is of in OK with Joy, Jordyn is in CA, Jed Jer and Jana flying somewhere. Josie shown with Anna, Abbie and Jessa recently - does that mean Jennifer is running the TTH with Jason, James, Jackson and Tyler? She is what 13 or 14?

7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

These days, the general recommendation is to induce labor if the baby is a week late.  There's research that shows the babies are healthier and mom is less likely to need a cesarean than if they wait for labor.

Yeah well 49 years ago with me that wasn't going to happen. I was a breech so a cesarean was needed. I hope Jinger won't need one and she and the baby will be okay. A pandemic is no time for complications, especially with a family of hangers-on and nincompoops.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, EAG46 said:

Yeah well 49 years ago with me that wasn't going to happen. I was a breech so a cesarean was needed. I hope Jinger won't need one and she and the baby will be okay. A pandemic is no time for complications, especially with a family of hangers-on and nincompoops.

My son was breech. I remember being splayed out talking football with the doctor and my ex. 

Edited by libgirl2

I had wondered if maybe Jennifer was with Kendra and Joe, helping Kendra with her littles since she’s pregnant again. No evidence to suggest that, just a thought.

I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy vetoed having Josie come because she’s too messy for their California lifestyle.

• Love 2

The buddy teams are the end teams. The kids were reshuffled several times while Michelle was still having kids. 

As for having the baby, it's possible she had the baby and they're waiting to announce until after she leaves the hospital. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

...does that mean Jennifer is running the TTH with for Jason, James, Jackson and Tyler? She is what 13 or 14?

Fixed that for you. 

Since the oldest 4 daughters were raising their siblings and running the house before they were teens I pretty sure the Duggars have no problem expecting Jennifer to meekly serve her brothers. And for an added bonus, she probably gets to watch her nieces and nephews any time their moms want a break.

ETA, my niece was due Saturday and still hasn't had the baby. She doesn't want to be induced but the doctor told if she hasn't had the baby by next Monday she will be.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 7

Good thing Jinjer are having all of those out of town guests and a new baby!

from NYT:

California reported 17,694 new cases on Monday, well more than it or any other state had ever done before, according to a New York Times database. Over the past week, it has averaged 12,712 new cases a day — more than Maine’s total for the whole pandemic.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Perspective:

Population of Maine:  1.344 million people

Population of California:  39.51 million people 

Then there is the population density factor. 

Maine has 141 covid deaths per 1 million people..

California has 475 Covid deaths per 1 million people.

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Monday's new cases are artificially high because of delayed reporting from over the weekend.  Sunday reported roughly 8,800 new cases. Still way too high, but when the two days are averaged, Monday is on trend for the week.  There's been a surge in testing because of Thanksgiving so it will be interesting to see the numbers in the coming days.

Edited by birkenstock
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

My niece-in-law is due in three weeks or so. She and her husband are quarantined...no relatives, no friends, no trips or errands. My sister and BIL begin quarantine after getting tested Friday. Same protocol. They will go care for the older child when NIL goes into labor. No parties, no thousands of relatives, let alone any flying in...and we’re all still scared.

These selfish arrogant mindless Duggar morons are flatout pissing me off.

P.S. Latest map from CDC showing cases per 100,000 population...

D782DAA9-308A-4F09-9114-9C9EDD0FC03C.jpeg

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 5

As I said there is a population density factor.  It seems to be a major factor in many situations.  It's much easier to catch the virus living in a high rise apartment than a single house on an acre of land.  Although risky behavior anywhere is also a major factor.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

As I said there is a population density factor.  It seems to be a major factor in many situations.  It's much easier to catch the virus living in a high rise apartment than a single house on an acre of land.  Although risky behavior anywhere is also a major factor.

Montana? North Dakota? South Dakota? Wyoming? Not much population density in any of those...

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Just like the Duggars, there is a lot of risky, non-mask wearing behavior going on in many of those places.

Los Angeles is definitely high enough to make non-mask wearing Duggar visiting quite the foolish thing to do.  

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

South Dakota is actually the most dangerous place in the world, Covid wise.

I wonder how much of the Dakota's surges is due to the Sturgis motorcycle festival?

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Some people think that was a superspreader event.

South Dakota also has a moron for a governor. 

Topic: I hope Jinger has an easy delivery and nobody gets covid. 

• Love 10

The rest of the family hasn't seemed to stop posting, which makes me think she's likely already had the baby and they are waiting to post versus complications. Then again, these people can be pretty thoughtless, so maybe not. I remember around Joy's due date they all seemed to go quiet, which seemed rather ominous. 

• Love 3

It's possible they're waiting either for tabloids or some kind of news story. 

They also may be waiting for Jinger, new baby, and Jeremy to leave the hospital to announce, especially since the hospitals are in lockdown mode.

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Absolom said:

You're right, in the beginning density was the major factor. LA, NYC, nursing homes, cruise ships, jails, etc.

But now the virus has moved beyond that. Super spreader events are popping up in small gatherings now. Once one of those folks infected at a family dinner, moves throughout the community, it grows. Its all about behaviors now and with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming, combined with cold weather, risky behaviors are only going to make it worse.

The other contributing factor is nobody thinks they're an asymptomatic carrier. Just yesterday my husband and I were grocery shopping (we go together because he's older and we can go during 'senior hour') and a woman shopping was wearing a face shield with no mask. We changed our course of direction and went a different way than her. Was she an asymptomatic carrier? Who knows. But I doubt she thought she was, and we weren't taking any chances.

So when folks like the Duggars and Vuolos travel from state to state and mix with other folks, they could be unknowingly spreading covid. Unfortunately over 3 million other US citizens also travelled to see family this week. I'm guessing the next new covid fact will be that flying isn't as covid-safe as it has appeared to be so far.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

I knew a couple of Evangelines in college. They just went by Evangeline. One of them was the daughter of the head of the Religion department. Her father spoke weekly at chapel and always referenced Bonhoeffer. The pretentiousness of the name checks out, although it is beautiful. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmm, Evie, Angel, Leenie? Evie is very close to Joy's Evy, but I can't imagine them calling her by her formal name. Its quite a mouthful.

Maybe they will go for some alliteration. Vannie or Vanna Voulo almost has a bit of a ring to it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

You're right, in the beginning density was the major factor. LA, NYC, nursing homes, cruise ships, jails, etc.

We're still have proximity spreading.  As people have gone back to work, businesses are among one of the top sources of outbreaks.  Working next to people all day seems to not be a good thing.  

I'm certainly not discounting the spread due to gatherings.  Far from it.  I cringe every time we see a group of Duggars together mixing households much less all their travel.  I've seen far, far too many parties on my own street.  The disregard for a potentially deadly virus is astounding and people like the Duggars just encourage it. 

• Love 11

7 lbs seems like a normal weight. It's the almost 10 pounders that are weird.. Duggars. Glad that everything went well.  I wonder if they'll call her Eva. Eva, Evy and Ivy. 

Of course JereME needs a child named after him in some capacity. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Absolom said:

We're still have proximity spreading.  As people have gone back to work, businesses are among one of the top sources of outbreaks.  Working next to people all day seems to not be a good thing.  

I'm certainly not discounting the spread due to gatherings.  Far from it.  I cringe every time we see a group of Duggars together mixing households much less all their travel.  I've seen far, far too many parties on my own street.  The disregard for a potentially deadly virus is astounding and people like the Duggars just encourage it. 

Tell that to the place I work. We are a library. Many libraries are going curbside. We are staying open. They removed all the chairs so people will just come in and get what they need and not linger. They didn't take into consideration the built in benches along the walls were now people are making themselves comfy and staying for hours. Luckily, I work in the back but again, we are crammed into an office. We have had 6 positives since 11/3. 

Maybe it’s everything else. Maybe it’s because these two are just so arrogant, especially when so many are in a world of hurt. Maybe it’s just Another Duggar Has Another Baby Fatigue.

But I really don’t care. RFP and Jinger can stuff it and I hope the new kid is a screamer.

25 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Hmmmm... I was close on the name. I thought they would have honored Jeremy's mom though.

Why do that when you can honor RFP instead?

Feh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Maybe it’s everything else. Maybe it’s because these two are just so arrogant, especially when so many are in a world of hurt. Maybe it’s just Another Duggar Has Another Baby Fatigue.

But I really don’t care. RFP and Jinger can stuff it and I hope the new kid is a screamer.

Why do that when you can honor RFP instead?

Feh.

Couldn't even go with Josephine. Yes, mouthful but Jo?

If I didn't know any better I would think that they were stopping at two after "honoring" Jeremy. I fully expect a boy to be Jeremy Joseph Vuolo II.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Evangeline is such an elegant name, tacking "Jo" on to the end kind of cheapens it. Evangeline Joanna would've been prettier.

I think they should have used the "Hope" that so many of us were speculating about. Evangeline Hope would have been really pretty. But since my daughter's middle name is Hope, I'm probably biased, and maybe just a little relieved that they didn't use it!

• Love 7