Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think they should be rid of Sonja too. It’s uncomfortable watching her when she gets so drunk. She can barely speak. I’ve stopped watching anyway so I double I’ll be back. I especially won’t if they build the show around Leah. 

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't particularly care one way or the other if Ramona is let go but I do think it would be a bit unfortunate if she's let go at the same time as Dorinda because IMO Dorinda's behavior is egregiously beyond the pale, it's unfair to Ramona to suggest there is some sort of equivalency.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they want to "clean house" and go younger. It's similar to what they did with OC. 

I'd like to see how they do for a season without all the hostility before they go revamping the whole cast. I was so looking forward to a Bethenny-free season, but Dorinda ruined that for me. 

If they add a new woman or women, I hope she is an actual friend or well known acquaintance.., or at least a better fit than Leah, who seems to have nothing in common with these women other than being a New Yorker with an arrest record.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'd like to see how they do for a season without all the hostility before they go revamping the whole cast. I was so looking forward to a Bethenny-free season, but Dorinda ruined that for me. 

If they add a new woman or women, I hope she is an actual friend or well known acquaintance.., or at least a better fit than Leah, who seems to have nothing in common with these women other than being a New Yorker with an arrest record.

I agree. Sonja's been pretty cool the last few episodes or two, and maybe the firing will sober her up a bit. I hope so, because I really like her.

• Love 5

I read somewhere that they’re maybe going to revamp the show around Leah. I guess they want to target a younger audience, but i won’t bother to watch that. 

They should take the word Housewives out of the title and change it to Drunks of NY. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Ref. the words of Carol about Dorinda departing.  I think she was in a position to know. I won't miss Dorinda, because, I'm done with this show.  So, it makes no difference to me.  I only watched Beverly Hills after LVP left, because of covid, and I wish I hadn't. Total ship show.  Finally done with that one too.  So, let's see, LVP out, Leanne out from Dallas and Dorinda out from NYC.   I think my plan to exit this franchise is perfectly aligned now.  I'll miss the ladies on the forums here, but, the Housewives brand is just too FAKE and painful now days.   I think a show with the same premise, but, done in a better way, might be enjoyable. 

https://people.com/tv/carole-radziwill-calls-dorinda-medley-only-real-housewife-rhony/

• Love 4
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

According to her good friend Carole she was let go. 

Carole's bitterness confounds me. And I certainly question her judgment is she thinks Dorinda was "real."  IMO, the only reason that Carole believes that is because Carole really developed an active dislike of Bethenny and Dorinda backed her up on it.

I don't know what really is behind Carole and Bethenny's falling out - I'm inclined to believe they were both responsible somehow - but she seems to have a hard time letting go of the anger its created inside her. 

• Love 12
On 8/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, biakbiak said:

According to her good friend Carole she was let go. 

Truth about what?!?!  The only possible "secret" that seems to have been floating around NYC for a while is Dorinda's own drug use.  The only other thing I can come up with is Tinsley's relationship with Scott. This post makes no sense. 

I've read a random post on Twitter that Dorinda was let go because she failed to acknowledge / fix her behavior.  Luanne is posting that while she'll miss Dorinda, she "supports her decision" - as if to say it was Dorinda who chose to leave.  These two sentiments together make sense.

The following article talks about Dorinda being mean when she drinks and that her behavior wasn't in alignment with what the show wants to portray. 

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/25/dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-for-being-a-mean-drunk/

This article says producers want to diversify the cast.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/26/real-housewives-of-new-york-city-producers-want-diverse-cast-all-white-diversify-season-13/

I've heard nothing about Ramona being let go but it wouldn't surprise me.  I think her days are numbered just so they can get a fresh start.  Same with Sonja and Luanna but they might keep one or both or possibly all 3 for another season or two for continuity purposes - just in case a newbie doesn't work out.  

Maybe they'll do with Ramona and Sonja what they did to Tamra and Vicki in the OC.  Make Ramona a "friend of" one season followed by Sonja the next. Or, maybe not.  That didn't go over so well!

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I still enjoy this show, for the most part, even if this wasn’t the best season overall. I’m still enjoying RHOBH too (Lisa Vander Who?), NJ had a good year, and with Vicki and Tamra gone from OC, I will def watch next year as well. Potomac is also still entertaining enough to keep my attention this year as well.

If this show wants some diversity, they should tru coax Cynthia from RHOA to move to NYC; she is friends with Luanne and has lived in NYC previously. 

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3

I was reading some comments on Twitter and Instagram (probably not the best idea) and I'm honestly shocked at all the "I can't believe she's leaving, she was the best HW, I won't watch without Dorinda" comments. Has nobody actually watched this season? I don't understand people brushing off that type of behavior, even if she is a fan favorite. 

I'll forever love the CLIP! CLIP! CLIP! moment because that was probable one of the funniest moments on any HW show. Actually that whole season was great. But her bullying was horrible and I'm glad she's gone. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I was reading some comments on Twitter and Instagram (probably not the best idea) and I'm honestly shocked at all the "I can't believe she's leaving, she was the best HW, I won't watch without Dorinda" comments. Has nobody actually watched this season? I don't understand people brushing off that type of behavior, even if she is a fan favorite. 

That and I can't believe the other HW's like Sonja, LuAnn and even Bethenny with their comments. All of them had season's where Dorinda came at them with guns blazing. She was horrible to all three. Ruined Bethenney's business dinner and kept bitching that she didn't thank her enough for the freakin' nutcracker. The season when Sonja was her target, screaming in her face at Ramona's Hamptons dinner party, insinuating she was a whore and cheated on her ex, then of course the big fight with Luann that lasted all season about her mug shot and how dare Luann mention she was drinking too much when they were on vacation. Yet, they are all kissing her ass on social media. This isn't going to help Dorinda realize that she needs help. They are enabling her. What a bunch of phony's. 

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

This isn't going to help Dorinda realize that she needs help. They are enabling her. What a bunch of phony's. 

They are probably kissing her ass because she has a lot of dirt of them. 

Has anyone wondered how she treated her beloved Richard?   Not to mention embarrassing the hell out of him in social situations? Then he becomes a saint and their marriage was made in heaven after he dies?

I have seen that happen. My uncle died and I walked into this remember session at my aunts one night. They had had a very unhappy marriage, she drank (which no one did or said anything about) and he was actually very nice to everyone but her.    There everyone was, taking turns talking about how wonderful everything was and I am thinking.........This is the guy who wore a "Im with Stupid t-shirt with an arrow pointing to her on it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

They usually wait until after the reunion to announce firings/departures. This is unusual. Dorinda must have really pissed off Andy and alot of people to let this out before the reunion. I can't wait to see it!

This is my line of thinking.  Carole got the boot after attacking Andy for “being scared” of Bethenny.  I think Bethenny, LVP, Kim Z and the Manzo sisters left on their own accord and that’s about it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

I'll forever love the CLIP! CLIP! CLIP! moment because that was probable one of the funniest moments on any HW show. Actually that whole season was great. But her bullying was horrible and I'm glad she's gone. 

I noticed on Dorinda’s Instagram stories, she’s posted several comments from fans that are disappointed she is leaving.  Between Caroles speaking out and Dorinda’s postings, it’s pretty obvious she was fired and this was not a choice.

As for diversity, age, socioeconomic status, etc., does every show on TV have to appeal to 20 year olds?  Will they allow women over 35+ to watch shows that appeal to them, which includes women of a certain age? Middle aged women put these housewives shows and Bravo on the map.  One of my daughters, who is 20 something year old, has been watching these shows on her own for years.  The other one?  Watches her own shows.  Why change the formula?  I’m not excited that Braunwyn and a younger cast will be the new focus on RHOC.  I like a mix, but don’t want a focus on the youngens’ There are plenty of shows that feature a young crowd. The appeal to me was watching rich, spoiled-ish women, that take themselves too seriously...then we can snark on them. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I saw a blind item yesterday that says Ramona is next - that the news will be announced today.

I saw a blind that says a second long time NY housewife is also gone, and going to be announced within the next few days. Lu, Sonja or Ramona? 

If Ramona or Lu, they will move on as they just seem to bounce right back after shit happens. 

Poor Sonja would starve to death.

Too bad they couldn't have sent Dorinda to Beverly Hills. Watching Kyle and Rinna's wide eyed/mouths agape reactions to her would be worth the price of admission, not to mention Teddi trying to force her to be accountable.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I saw a blind that says a second long time NY housewife is also gone, and going to be announced within the next few days. Lu, Sonja or Ramona? 

If Ramona or Lu, they will move on as they just seem to bounce right back after shit happens. 

I think Lu is safe. Agree about Sonja. I do wonder if it’s Ramona. Even though I drag her all the time, that would feel like a much bigger shake up than S5, and would take some getting used to. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Too bad they couldn't have sent Dorinda to Beverly Hills. Watching Kyle and Rinna's wide eyed/mouths agape reactions to her would be worth the price of admission, not to mention Teddi trying to force her to be accountable.

Teddi trying to force Dorinda to be accountable. I would watch that and would pay money to see it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

I think Lu is safe. Agree about Sonja. I do wonder if it’s Ramona. Even though I drag her all the time, that would feel like a much bigger shake up than S5, and would take some getting used to. 

i wouldn't watch anymore if lu or ramona are gone.  i've never really liked sonja from her first season i always thought her fake.  i thought no 'real' morgan would go on a reality show....this was before we knew anything about her.  i don't particularly care for lu and never did but she's very watchable.  i also never thought she was an alcoholic.  she always held her liquor well until the stumble into the shrubs and that was hilarious.  that was probably my favorite scene right behind bethenny wearing jill's wigs  going around yelling for bobby in jill's voice. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

i wouldn't watch anymore if lu or ramona are gone.  i've never really liked sonja from her first season i always thought her fake.  i thought no 'real' morgan would go on a reality show....this was before we knew anything about her.  i don't particularly care for lu and never did but she's very watchable.  i also never thought she was an alcoholic.  she always held her liquor well until the stumble into the shrubs and that was hilarious.  that was probably my favorite scene right behind bethenny wearing jill's wigs  going around yelling for bobby in jill's voice. 

I agree.  Both Lu and Ramona drive me crazy, but they’re the foundation of this show.   I think Sonja’s time is up.  She brings very little to the show.  

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Both Lu and Ramona drive me crazy, but they’re the foundation of this show.   I think Sonja’s time is up.

We should probably start a betting pool.  None, one, two or three are gone....My guess is that Sonja stays and Ramona leaves.  Ramona got her wish when she said she would quit or something to Production at her birthday party?  Seriously, I have no idea but it is fun to speculate.

Lu seems to have redeemed herself (and I never thought I would type that).  I keep checking back to see the latest....

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, albarino said:

We should probably start a betting pool.  None, one, two or three are gone....My guess is that Sonja stays and Ramona leaves.  Ramona got her wish when she said she would quit or something to Production at her birthday party?  Seriously, I have no idea but it is fun to speculate.

Lu seems to have redeemed herself (and I never thought I would type that).  I keep checking back to see the latest....

I don’t know what Sonja brings.  Ramona is always guaranteed to be a lightening rod, but there are redeeming qualities to the woman.  

I know Bethenny rubs people the wrong way (I love her) but I think there is always a chance she comes back.  I can’t see that happening without a couple regulars still in the cast.

i do think Dorinda likely crossed a line with Andy at the reunion.  It’s very unusual for this all to have happened before the airing of the reunion, but after it taped.  

Bravo seems to be responding to backlash.  I mean, no way would Tamara have been back after “baked wasted” had it been during or post the Me Too movement.  

On the other hand if Ramona were to be canned, than a heck of a lot of woman from the other franchises should be nervous too.  Crazy Leanne got the boot from Dallas.  Bravo seems to be constantly tired of Nene. Vicky and Tamara are gone.  

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I don’t know what Sonja brings.  Ramona is always guaranteed to be a lightening rod, but there are redeeming qualities to the woman.  

Thanks for your response; I always enjoy conversations with all y'all (I lived in Louisiana for a few years).  With Sonja, I always go back to her role on Scary Island where she was the sole voice of reason (at least that is how I remember it).  That is why I like her; she had some smarts about her and I really wish we could see more of that side of her.

Please don't get me wrong; she has been completely wacky.  Water pills causing dementia or whatever we witnessed?  I absolutely don't believe it.  So, that is why I want Sonja to stay.  I've never felt any love for Lu or Ramona.  They strike me as insufferable.  Let's see what happens next!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, albarino said:

Thanks for your response; I always enjoy conversations with all y'all (I lived in Louisiana for a few years).  With Sonja, I always go back to her role on Scary Island where she was the sole voice of reason (at least that is how I remember it).  That is why I like her; she had some smarts about her and I really wish we could see more of that side of her.

Please don't get me wrong; she has been completely wacky.  Water pills causing dementia or whatever we witnessed?  I absolutely don't believe it.  So, that is why I want Sonja to stay.  I've never felt any love for Lu or Ramona.  They strike me as insufferable.  Let's see what happens next!

I agree that she was great that season.  Oddly, Ramona did her best to heal the rift between Bethenny and Jill (Luanne got in the way) that season.  

• Love 4

I wouldn't miss Sawnya for a hot second, I would miss Ramona for about an hour.  Of the three remaining "og's" of NY, I think Luann has positioned herself the best for going forward.  She's rarely hateful, keeps her nose relatively clean on camera, and has done a really good job of character rehabilitation since the whole cop-threatening/marrying Tom debacle.  I find the cabaret stuff annoying and laughable, but I still think there is a place for her.  I could do without Leah for the most part.

Start over Bravo, it was a good run.

• Love 7

I will stand up and say I haven't been watching this season, but Dorinda was the only remotely intelligent and funny housewife left, and she has been meaner and drinking more, but I think the changed dynamics have more to do with Bethenny and Tinsley leaving than anything else. Essentially when Ramona is the least of the drunks you are in trouble. We have wall to wall drunks and addicts on this show, one who is on/off but yeah shocking to then realize there is not one reasonable sober person in the room. EVER. Mean Drunk Dorinda, Sad Drunk Sonja, Recovering drunk Luann, Crazy Drunk Leah, Wine Drunk Ramona.

I think Leah had potential to be that kind of witty one cutting through the other ladies UES bs, but drunk Leah isn't intelligent or funny she's just kind of William Hurt in Altered States. Not a lot of fun to watch and almost as sad as Sonja. RHoNY has always been my top tier of these shows along with BH, and now Potomac, but they really need to figure out how to get the right cast mix, someone like Tinsley/Sonja who are bright/sunny/dingbatty but not sad drunks on the regular, someone witty/snarky and funny like Bethenny/Dorinda who are not mean drunks on the regular. And they need a Jill Zarin/Heather/Carole who really is just kinda norm core professional who doesn't really drink like it's their job. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Tinsley looks beautiful. Ramona’s face is way off. I like the wave in Leah’s hair. Sonja’s cut is very cute. Luann is gorge. 

Ramona’s yellow hair extensions are embarrassing.   

• Love 7

Scroll down past the reunion clip and watch Luann toasting Dorinda at her birthday party.    

Gotta say, at least Dorinda got in that spiel before she got canned.  It was epic, hilarious and Luann deserved it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, Happy Camper said:

My guess is Sonja.  She hasn't added anything to the show in quite a while besides party-til-you-drop and pawing men everywhere she goes.  The entrepreneur story is awfully thin these days despite this season's Century 21 opening which I found boring as hell because it's too hard for me to believe Sonja was responsible for very much of it.  I think Bravo wants to get rid of the ones who aren't pulling their weight (or in Dorinda and Vicki G's cases, too hard to work with.)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

My guess is Sonja.  She hasn't added anything to the show in quite a while except messy falling-down drunkeness.  She's getting to be pathetic with her pawing at men and bringing sexual innuendo into everything.  I think Bravo wants to get rid of the ones who aren't pulling their weight (or in Dorinda and Vicki G's cases, too hard to work with.)

Sonja May have frequented the craft services table one too many times for free food.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

When Dorinda said to Luanne " I don't need to be cool with the girls"  I thought that was the end of her.  After all, it isn't the Dorinda show and if she hates everyone and they hate her then she doesn't fit in and the show won't work.  I thought that was a big red flag.   Dorinda was recklessly attacking everyone  and only tolerating their presence.  All the "I love yous"  in the world could not cover that up.

Ramona might be the one to go because she keeps leaving when they are filming and although I think she would love her own show, she is not going to get it.    However, I do think if you followed her around in real life you would get some interesting footage: like the time her daughter went to Fed EX and tried to use their account to move all her stuff from one apartment to another.  The trouble is Ramona is fake for the camera and saves the good stuff for her own time.   Ramona survived because she figured out early on she had to mend fences and apologize but I don't think half of them are sincere as she is incapable of empathy or self awareness.  She has serious personality issues that I don't think anyone can cure.

(I wonder if Dorinda knew early on she wasn't coming back which would explain her full out attack on everyone. )

Edited by tranquilidade
after thought
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2020 at 11:17 PM, ichbin said:

If they do keep Lu, Ramona, and Sonja (and I hope they do), Uchitel has the potential to be a far better fit within the cast than Leah.  I think it's hysterical that she is yet another connection to the infamous Harry Dubin.  

And the article says she dated PK (RHOC).   Ewwwwwww!

• Love 2
On 8/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, bichonblitz said:

They usually wait until after the reunion to announce firings/departures. This is unusual. Dorinda must have really pissed off Andy and alot of people to let this out before the reunion. I can't wait to see it!

Agreed. 

Dorinda must have been awful during the reunion on camera and off. 

1 hour ago, politichick said:

Yes, remember this season when she threw "tea party" for all the ladies on the roof top recreation area of the building.

Now is makes sense: it was a way to showcase the building.  

• Love 5

I saw a commercial for the Finale show and it looks like Dorinda's gotten her hand surgery because she's in all sequins and a SLING.  Most interesting part to me is her shouting "CONTRACT blah blah blah".....  I couldn't tell.  But I definitely heard the word: CONTRACT as it looks like she storms off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, bichonblitz said:

They do, but the timing of this makes it seem like a more typical firing. Carole filmed the reunion and announced she was leaving immediately afterwards. They film those reunions for 12+ hours; no producer is really in the right frame to declare that evening that Carole had to go. It's not totally clear that Carole quit, but it's more likely than not that she did. Heather had been hinting about quitting before before they taped the reunion and ratcheted it up after they filmed the reunion. She announced her departure right after the reunion aired. I think she also quit.

I think Dorinda was given an ultimatum that she had to go to therapy and/or rehab and it had to be part of her storyline next season. I think Dorinda quit rather than officially admit that she has an alcohol problem, problems with other substances, and other behavioral health issues. Dorinda kept harping on the difference between Lu's drinking and her own. Getting arrested is this clear boundary line for Dorinda. Officially announcing her problems is just something she doesn't want to ever do. From the moment Lu was arrested, viewers have consistently said that they didn't think Luann was alcoholic, but that Dorinda, Sonja, and Tinsley might actually be. When Dorinda saw this she stopped drinking for a time, got a personal trainer, and tried to act as if quitting alcohol was just part of her new fitness routine. She'll never admit her substance problems.

The end of August is around when they'd normally begin early contract negotiations and preproduction. They might have told her that she needed to be in rehab for 28 days, they didn't want to lose her for principal photography, and this meant she had to go to rehab in the next month or so. Dorinda probably flipped out and quit.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9