Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well, I was mostly observing that I can't imagine her having normal human emotions over the breakup with a man, lol.  The photo was secondary.

True.  I don’t think she’s ever been in love.  For a minute there, I thought she would make it with Jason, but just used him for a baby. She’s putting all her emotions in Bryn, but Bryn will want her own life soon and rightly so.  Bethenny tires of things and people very quickly.  I’ve never seen her so skinny tho.  Can’t imagine why.

• Love 8

Bethenny just can't help herself.  It is beginning to look like someone is having an existential crisis.  For the record, I don't disagree with the basis of her argument.  Ramona has long contended that her youthful appearance is nothing more than clean living, with minimal outside intervention.  Where I disagree is that it is "unfair" for people who don't have a lot of money.  Most that don't have the means, are elsewhere obsessed, not necessarily concerned with when their next procedure will take place, and what body part will be pulled/pushed/nipped/tucked.

bethenny-frankel-rants-about-plastic-surgery-calls-out-ramona-singer

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Bethenny just can't help herself.  It is beginning to look like someone is having an existential crisis.  For the record, I don't disagree with the basis of her argument.  Ramona has long contended that her youthful appearance is nothing more than clean living, with minimal outside intervention.  Where I disagree is that it is "unfair" for people who don't have a lot of money.  Most that don't have the means, are elsewhere obsessed, not necessarily concerned with when their next procedure will take place, and what body part will be pulled/pushed/nipped/tucked.

Please tell me this is not her next charity (typed in sarcastifont).

thumb_shes-emaciated-like-her-brain-abfa

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I’m confused. Is Frankel claiming that no surgeon has altered her appearance? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m confused. Is Frankel claiming that no surgeon has altered her appearance? 

I don't think so.  She's calling out Ramona and others for not openly admitting to having surgeries.  As usual, she's being judgemental, because as we all know, she comes from a place of yes, and efforts to empower women.  Did I say that right Bethenny?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I don't think so.  She's calling out Ramona and others for not openly admitting to having surgeries.  As usual, she's being judgemental, because as we all know, she comes from a place of yes, and efforts to empower women.  Did I say that right Bethenny?

She says she comes from a place of yes but she still hasn’t said yes to make her divorce final. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

She says on Instagram that she hasn’t had surgery. I say no f’n way. Google Bethenny before and after and behold the total transformation of her head. That isn’t a liquid facelift. They’d have to strap C4 to her jaw to achieve those results. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

She says on Instagram that she hasn’t had surgery. I say no f’n way. Google Bethenny before and after and behold the total transformation of her head. That isn’t a liquid facelift. They’d have to strap C4 to her jaw to achieve those results. 

Is she referring to just her face?  Cuz those titties aren’t natural.  And yes, also, that shovel face didn’t morph without some surgery. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Is she referring to just her face?  Cuz those titties aren’t natural.  And yes, also, that shovel face didn’t morph without some surgery. 

Ya I think just her face. Oof. Her bosoms. By my count she’s had them done three times. Her first set was in lieu of a lift, then she went up to major jugs and then she had them toned down to what she has now. Which are still pretty big considering the rest of her is so small. I’ve always said, there ain’t no shame in that game. Just don’t go on social acting like you haven’t had major overhauls. Ugh!!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Ya I think just her face. Oof. Her bosoms. By my count she’s had them done three times. Her first set was in lieu of a lift, then she went up to major jugs and then she had them toned down to what she has now. Which are still pretty big considering the rest of her is so small. I’ve always said, there ain’t no shame in that game. Just don’t go on social acting like you haven’t had major overhauls. Ugh!!

Yes, I looked at her recent Instagram posts, and she doesn’t acknowledge any of the work she has had done. Her fans are praising her for her completely natural appearance!

Her implants are still much too big. I’m actually surprised that she can purchase dresses off the rack that fit her shoulders, chest, waist and hips.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, geauxaway said:

On the show when she had to have her fibroid surgery she made some remark about how she had never had anesthesia or surgery ever and people called her out because she has talked about her two different breast implant surgeries. It’s her standard operating procedure to lie if it makes her story better.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
On 12/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Her implants are still much too big. I’m actually surprised that she can purchase dresses off the rack that fit her shoulders, chest, waist and hips.

I wonder the same.

Probably has every single dress altered or special ordered.

Just like all the women she believes she "empowers".  Just like all the women in Haiti to whom she handed debit cards.  Yeah, Beth, you're just like the rest of us.

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Oh my

‘RHONY’ friend’s husband secretly recorded au pair having sex, nude: suit

Jen Gilbert's ex-husband was arrested..

-

“Unbeknownst to her, defendant Egeth watched her undress, enter her bed naked, and exit her bed naked in the morning, during those 600 consecutive days and nights,” the suit charges.

The discovery “horrified and traumatized” her, the court papers say.

De los Rios reported the situation to the cops, who arrested Egeth a few days later on Sept. 17, and seized his iPad, iPhone and Apple watch, the court papers say.

Prosecutors found 11 video clips of de los Rios on his iCloud account, the criminal complaint alleges.

Egeth was charged with unlawful surveillance, according to the complaint. His case is still pending, according to court records.

--

https://pagesix.com/2020/12/15/rhony-friend-husband-secretly-recorded-au-pair-having-sex-nude-suit/?

• Love 1

Jen Gilbert's ex-husband was arrested

I remember reading their engagement story and thinking it sounded a little "off" - like, if it wasn't for his Wall Street career and the people she'd meet to help her business grow, the guy would have likely stayed in the FriendZone. Back then, his waiting for her, and pining for her while she dated other guys could come across as romantic. But reading it now, there's a weird vibe about it, knowing how he watched the nanny and violated her privacy from the start. It wouldn't surprise me if he stalked Jennifer (while she was single) without her knowing it.

• Love 5

Yep, a little off, kinda creepy, and red flags flying.

From NYT article:

'He became my girlfriend,'' Ms. Gilbert said.

“When she broke up with a boyfriend and was teary, he passed her tissues. They went to London, where they shared a room but slept in separate beds. She would try on a dress, ask him if she looked fat in it, and he would say it hung a little funny, and she would take it off.”

“Obsessively, he began saving her messages on his answering machine.”

''Friends said, get over her,'' Mr. Egeth recalled. ''Move on. We have to deprogram you.''

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9057559/Ex-husband-Real-Housewives-star-secretly-filmed-nanny-having-SEX-lawsuit-claims.html#comments

"Gilbert, 51, and Egeth, 59, divorced earlier this year after nearly two decades of marriage. Gilbert says she and Egeth have not lived together for years."

"Des los Rios lived at Eget's home and tended to his three young children between January 2019 and August 2020."

3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Wasn't it at Jenn Gilbert's house when Alex and Jill got into a nasty argument over Bethenny and Jill went into a closet to cry?

I just rewatched S1-S3 and I've already forgotten for sure, but I think it was Jenn's house, but it was Jill and Kelly who went into the closet...but I could be mistaken. It was kind of a funny scene.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:26 PM, Stats Queen said:

I don’t go on social media much but thanks for sharing this brilliance.

I just started dabbling in social media this year. It doesn't generally interest me, but I need to know a bit for work.

I do just a little bit of Twitter and Instagram. I'm actually dreading having to contend with Facebook, but that time will come. 

Social media is a total time suck, and people can be pretty vile. I learned quickly that I just need to engage in very limited ways and in just a handful of interest areas.

The good news is that every once in awhile it pays off as it did with me landing on RHONY the Musical 🙂

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
On 11/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel sad posting this.  I hope she is ok.  All the responses on Twitter are like "You look fabulous!" but damn, it really scared me seeing this.

EnnBrnXXcAQf4YB.jpeg

Edited by Silver Bells
On 12/23/2020 at 8:18 PM, Jextella said:

I'm late to the party on this one....I just discovered RHONY the Musical on Instagram.

Bless you for sharing! I got the feeling, watching these, that this guy is going to go FAR and that we are watching a star being born. 

• Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 8:14 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I know the info about antibodies/immunity is fuzzy, but she did test positive last summer, so it could be any of them really.  

Her story had a bunch of contradictions and incorrect information so who knows if it was even true, but her story was she got it in February of 2020 before she went to Florida so it’s been almost a year. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Apparently there are rumors that Heather Thompson is coming back in Dorinda's place.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Sometimes she seemed okay, but she could definitely be annoying.  I hope she will at least give "Holla" a rest. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I'm just going to leave this here: https://pagesix.com/2021/01/27/former-rhony-star-barbara-kavovit-enters-nyc-mayoral-race/

From the article:

Former “Real Housewives of New York” star Barbara Kavovit has officially announced she’s running for mayor of New York City — adding to an already crowded field of Democratic candidates.

The Bronx-born Kavovit made it official on her Instagram Wednesday, saying her beloved Big Apple “is in a state of crisis” under Mayor de Blasio’s watch.

“I may not be a politician, but I’m a Bronx-born New Yorker who isn’t fearful of the hard work and tough decisions that lay ahead,” she wrote. “It will take a builder to rebuild #NYC, and I’m the woman to do it.”

In September, Kavovit, the CEO of Evergreen Construction, floated her dreams of Gracie Mansion, telling Page Six she was ready to rebuild the city.

ETA: I wonder if her campaign slogan will be "Barb the builder. Can she fix it? Yes, she can!"

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm just going to leave this here: https://pagesix.com/2021/01/27/former-rhony-star-barbara-kavovit-enters-nyc-mayoral-race/

From the article:

ETA: I wonder if her campaign slogan will be "Barb the builder. Can she fix it? Yes, she can!"

That’s a good slogan even if you were joking . I admire her for running for mayor of New York City. She knows how to run a business, so that’s good.

But what’s her stance on spray tans and getting that stuff all over sheets?

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 9

Kind of telling that none of the NYC Housewives have commented. Just the jokers from other cities who can't vote lol. She sure didn't impress with her leadership or relationship building skills. None of her castmates gave her the time of day that season.

https://pagesix.com/2021/01/27/real-housewives-react-to-barbara-kavovit-running-for-nyc-mayor/

As of press time, none of Kavovit’s former “RHONY” cast mates had commented on the Instagram post.

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, politichick said:

I believe Ramona stated at one point that she and Avery have the anitibodies. 

I'm confused about some of the covid stuff, but from recent experiences on the home front, I thought that if you carried the antibodies, you aren't contagious because your body has fought off the virus.  So, all those walking around with antibodies are sort of the lucky ones???

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I believe Ramona stated at one point that she and Avery have the anitibodies. 

I'm confused about some of the covid stuff, but from recent experiences on the home front, I thought that if you carried the antibodies, you aren't contagious because your body has fought off the virus.  So, all those walking around with antibodies are sort of the lucky ones???

The current understanding is that the benefits of having the antibodies only last a few months. Even so, she could still spread it.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

Thanks for sharing this, but I'm confused. 

It seems like just the other day filming stopped because a cast member had tested positive for Covid. 

Do you think its a full season or a shortened one?

Two separate bits from the article make me think they got enough for a season:

RHONY typically follows the women from Labor Day through Christmas or early January.

While production was forced to shut down in early 2021 because a cast member had COVID-19, producer John Molloy confirmed on February 14, 2021, that season 13 wrapped.

• Love 4

Wasn't a fan of crazy Leah.  That wasn't entertaining.  I hope these ladies will bring the bling, fancy restaurants and travel. (as much as they can during this covid time)  Dont need arguing-- at this point we need escape! RHNY was my favorite among the franchises but last year was just a mess and mainly, in my opinion, because of Leah.  

• Love 16

Thanks for all the information everyone.

Hope we get the premiere date soon.

Bravo has yet to announce a premiere date for season 13 of RHONY, but it sounds like it's going to be well worth the wait.

• Love 4
(edited)

Shall we start taking bets now on which of the current HWs will be the first in saying something offensive to one of the newbies?

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Shall we start taking bets now on which of the current HWs will be the first in saying something offensive to one of the newbies?

I’m hedging my bets by treating Ramona/Sonjia as one person.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 3/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, stcroix said:

Wasn't a fan of crazy Leah.  That wasn't entertaining.  I hope these ladies will bring the bling, fancy restaurants and travel. (as much as they can during this covid time)  Dont need arguing-- at this point we need escape! RHNY was my favorite among the franchises but last year was just a mess and mainly, in my opinion, because of Leah.  

I loved last season.  

I might be bored by sober housewives. TBD.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2