Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I knew a lot of this but not all of it. Wow, Bravo sure does a lot of “controlling” for unscripted TV.

One of the rules says that Andy Cohen decides who returns each season (I didn’t think he still had that kind of sway).

I know this is a RHONY thread, but that would explain why Nene was asked back last year (despite production and other housewives not wanting to be near her) and will be asked back again.

• Love 3
(edited)

A lot of this information is dated I was surprised to see it was written a few months ago. I mean when was the last time any of these people wrote a blog. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

RHoNY was still doing blogs as of last season. I think they have been replaced by lifestyle articles. 

Not for every episode like they used to. Bethenny didn’t do them, Ramona did one, and the other three did them when they wanted so it clearly wasn’t mandatory and definitely not when you go across the other franchises.

• Love 3
(edited)

BH was still doing them as of last season 🤷🏼‍♀️ I remember Carole talking about getting behind with hers. I guess they decided they were passé. Who even goes to the Bravo website except to validate these things. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 2
(edited)

...Not RHoNY, but from the "Rules" link posted above - lordy, this is a lovely (albeit uber-filtered) photo of Erika, she-devil:

erika makeup.png

I do not like the Pretty Mess (she called a tween a threesome-ess!)

I do not like Miss Erika Jayne (she's always full of deep disdain!)

I do not like her bitter tongue (or any song she's ever sung!)

I do not like green eggs and sham.

I do not like her,  Sham She Am!

I don't get why Elyse is on the show; she doesn't register, value-add (to quote Drunkinda!) or bring uber-drama.

I feel like she has no idea what her role is, so neither do I. 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4

There are some HWs who look better when they apply a "less is more" philosophy, like Ericka and LVP.

Not sure of any of the NYC HWs that fit the bill, since none of them quite go over the top, but I do think some like Carole do look better when they keep things casual.

I think Ramona might look better if she went more casual as well.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, film noire said:

...Not RHoNY, but from the "Rules" link posted above - lordy, this is a lovely (albeit uber-filtered) photo of Erika, she-devil:

erika makeup.png

I do not like the Pretty Mess (she called a tween a threesome-ess!)

I do not like Miss Erika Jayne (she's always full of deep disdain!)

I do not like her bitter tongue (or any song she's ever sung!)

I do not like green eggs and sham.

I do not like her,  Sham She Am!

I don't get why Elyse is on the show; she doesn't register, value-add (to quote Drunkinda!) or bring uber-drama.

I feel like she has no idea what her role is, so neither do I. 

You are brilliant and so funny - much respect.

I am ambivalent about Erika, some days I like her, others, like the last episode, no. That being said, I think Erika is gorgeous, and is more so when she is natural.

• Love 8
On 5/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Her skin never looks this perfect on the show. What gives?

That picture has every filter made.   She is the first one on the show who is hiding who she is.  No information on how old she is, where she grew up, her education, etc.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

That picture has every filter made.   She is the first one on the show who is hiding who she is.  No information on how old she is, where she grew up, her education, etc.   

Those are some industrial-strength filters! On the show, her face is very lumpy, and it looks like she has many acne scars.

There is one New York Post article, May 21, 2020, that says that she is 56. I don’t know how reliable that is. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/05/21/who-the-heck-is-elyse-slaine-who-keeps-showing-up-on-rhony/amp/

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Those are some industrial-strength filters! On the show, her face is very lumpy, and it looks like she has many acne scars.

There is one New York Post article, May 21, 2020, that says that she is 56. I don’t know how reliable that is. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/05/21/who-the-heck-is-elyse-slaine-who-keeps-showing-up-on-rhony/amp/

Now she day trades as a living, ok.  She means she buys and sells her stocks from the money she earned marrying and dating ugly rich men.  She fits right in.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 10:28 AM, Midnight Cheese said:

During the latest Watch What Crappens podcast (hilarious, as always), Ronnie mentioned that courtesy of FB aka his favorite housewife “Soshall Medea,” he learned a little about our new friend-of, Elyse. He described some articles about her being on the NY Post - here’s most of what I saw. (Spoiler alert: monster ahead).

https://nypost.com/2014/11/02/protesters-mob-park-ave-apartment-after-nanny-debacle/

https://pagesix.com/2012/01/26/surprise-courtroom-star/?_ga=2.148475127.1585112210.1589035705-763760043.1589035705

https://pagesix.com/2014/03/13/elyse-slaine-gets-park-ave-pad-in-split-with-donald-drapkin/?_ga=2.144369909.1585112210.1589035705-763760043.1589035705

https://nypost.com/2017/03/01/late-hedge-fund-honchos-ex-gal-pal-battling-his-kids-over-park-avenue-pad/

I posted earlier that while NYC is my hands-down favorite of the RH franchise, I don't think I'd like any of the women if I met them on the street.  

Elyse is no exception.  I really like her on the show and hope she stays, but the same rule applies.  She sounds like a terror in real life.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
On 5/27/2020 at 9:26 PM, RedDelicious said:

BH was still doing them as of last season 🤷🏼‍♀️ I remember Carole talking about getting behind with hers. I guess they decided they were passé. Who even goes to the Bravo website except to validate these things. 

Carole actually WROTE her blogs - they were several pages and like its own version of a LiveJournal or Xanga (I’m dating myself, I know). They were as much a highlight of the week as the actual episodes were for me. In her last season, she couldn’t blog because she was so behind on her book that her publisher called bullshit if she had time to blog every week. 

Dorinda and Bethenny would also routinely turn ones in that were thoughtful, funny, and obviously written by them. Ramona and LuAnn would write about two paragraphs. Sonja’s would be lengthy but it would be a bunch of ads for whatever she was promoting, and then asides like “Oh, well, I’m a Pisces moon!”

I miss them.

• Love 8
(edited)

This is absolute Bull 🙂  Bethenny NEVER had to follow this rule.

ggggggg.jpg

Anyways, in this second pic, Sonja looks beautiful (Season 6.)

She looks like she's in a fashion editorial!

ten-gallon-spats-yell-it-on-the-mountain-bury-the-hatchett-news-photo-1585005617.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Lu makes the most sense because she was always renting places for the show. 

Yeah,, but this supposedly happened "years ago" & Luann was divorced after season 1.

The interior designer thought all was well, but more drama ensued. “Then her husband calls and her husband’s like, ‘No, you just really need to do this for free,’ and tried to bully me into doing it for free."

“They said, ‘You know what? Then let’s go to court. This’ll be good TV. It’s easier for us just to have our lawyer deal with it than it would be to actually pay you.’”

From his manner of speaking, it was obviously a couple. Who was married? Ramona/Mario, Jill/Bobby, Alex/Simon, Heather/her husband, Aviva/her husband.  That's it, right?

Oh, and no thanks, Tamra

Edited by snarts
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, snarts said:

Yeah,, but this supposedly happened "years ago" & Luann was divorced after season 1.

The interior designer thought all was well, but more drama ensued. “Then her husband calls and her husband’s like, ‘No, you just really need to do this for free,’ and tried to bully me into doing it for free."

Who was married back then? 

Oh, and no thanks, Tamra

That part, to me, makes me think it was Alex and Simon, maybe Aviva. I don't see Mario making this demand, and Lu's husband probably didn't care enough.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

That part, to me, makes me think it was Alex and Simon, maybe Aviva. I don't see Mario making this demand, and Lu's husband probably didn't care enough.

Really? It sounds exactly like Ramona and Mario.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, snarts said:

“They said, ‘You know what? Then let’s go to court. This’ll be good TV. It’s easier for us just to have our lawyer deal with it than it would be to actually pay you.’”

From his manner of speaking, it was obviously a couple. Who was married? Ramona/Mario, Jill/Bobby, Alex/Simon, Heather/her husband, Aviva/her husband.  That's it, right?

Oh, and no thanks, Tamra

Why didn’t he tell us who it was , because I having nothing else interesting going on. I would have thought Teresa and Joe Giudice but wrong show.

Tamra, please just go away forever..

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for solving the mystery.  I liked Aviva, but as with all of them, odds are pretty good I wouldn't like any of them in real life - despite how entertaining they are on the show.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Thanks for solving the mystery.  I liked Aviva, but as with all of them, in real life, odds are pretty good I wouldn't like any of them.

Remember the "leg throw," the birthday party at the dick museum wanting a trophy for showing up for some girls trip island vacay with her husband (none of the of the others brought their SO's), and last but not least...her father! I would cross the street to avoid her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Remember the "leg throw," the birthday party at the dick museum wanting a trophy for showing up for some girls trip island vacay with her husband (none of the of the others brought their SO's), and last but not least...her father! I would cross the street to avoid her.

She did turn out to be a poser for the camera.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Just thinking about her father makes chills run up and down my spine. What a creep.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

LOL, she was SO HORRIBLE on that trip!  I think it was St. Barth's.  She was awful.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I thought Aviva expected them to give the trophy to her husband, since without him she wouldn't have been able to overcome...something, to get on the plane for the trip to begin with? Maybe anxiety?

• Love 4
On 5/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, RedDelicious said:

Fascinating!  I had always assumed that they just had a massive interview with each cast member toward the end of each season -- makes sense that they interview them sporadically throughout but require them to wear the same outfit/makeup each time.  

• Love 2
On 5/29/2020 at 7:21 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, this show was basically Masterpiece Theatre before Leah came along.  I recall in an early season, Ramona made out with a female friend in a swimming pool while a young Avery looked on in disgust and called them "lesbos."  That must be the kind of dignified content to which she is referring.    

• LOL 4
  • Love 5