Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, AnnA said:

I agree about White House staffers not wanting to appear on a HW franchise although there might be an exception or two.   I don't know if Monica Lewinski is making the kind of money she could from Bravo.  And the one ex-White House staffer that comes to mind is Omarosa Manigault.

Nearly every organization that has employed Monica Lewinsky over the past 20 years has been threatened with or subject to a boycott campaign, including the businesses she's started that have nothing to do with politics. She's barely been employed and has been largely supported by her family for the majority of these 20 years. Bravo would never hire her because she is poison.

Omarosa spent 2 years in the Clinton/Gore White House. They thought she was a terrible employee. She goes on Celebrity Apprentice and the only politician who didn't know to not hire her is the one who has never served or governed a day in office before being elected. There have been rumors that Omarosa will be the new housewife on Real Housewives of (insert city). Andy Cohen has been on the record that it's a hard pass.

I never worked in the White House. The shit House and Senate staffers put up with and the larger public has never heard of is reason enough for me to say that Real Housewives of DC with insiders will never happen. The ratings were actually good for that one season. The closest they got to an insider was Cat's husband, a photographer. However, the stink from the Salahis crashing a state dinner killed the show and all they did was show up to a party they weren't invited to.

The only insiders they will ever get would have to be richer than God, suicidal, or dying of a terminal disease. Or someone with a grudge so massive that they'd be willing to go scorched Earth on everyone and everything.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Hiyo said:

The Salahis aside, I actually enjoyed RHODC for the most part. It wasn't a classic, but it had potential. And kudos for actually having one WOC on the cast.

I remember the discussion back then. The main issue (Salahis aside) was that there weren’t enough WOC bc DC is known as “Chocolate City”. Lots of complaints.

I liked DC, though. Certainly more than Miami. I don’t know how that one got 2 or 3 seasons before being declared dead.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

I wondered about that after looking at the url. Don't think inquisitr.com is a reliable news source. 😂

So many of these websites take bits and pieces from older articles. It's the "headline" that sounds juicy that gets you.

LVP doesn't want to associate herself as a "Real Housewife" - she quit you know

I could see her wanting the 2 shows as they would be infomercials for the businesses. The only way Vegas would work is if some of the original cast moved there. The 2 Toms are tied to TomTom. (therefore Katie/Ariana are out), Stassi and Kristen don't do anything with restaurant/bars for revenue. Jax allegedly works part time at SUR and they just bought a house in LA. James has a serious drinking problem and do you want to put him in Vegas? Lala is allegedly sober. So who do you send? Max, Pandora, Scheana & Peter are not enough of a draw.

I would rather see a spin off of Dorinda and her Aerobics Charity classes

• Love 4
On 9/21/2019 at 12:19 PM, Dutchgirl said:

Also, Eileen wasn't my favorite HW, but can we take a minute to appreciate that this chick is 60 (SIXTY!!) and looks like this ... 

I would be thrilled to look like ED when I am 60. Ramona? No, thank you. Those crazy eyes? Beady when they are not crazy. Play-Doh nose. And wine gut. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I would rather see a spin off of Dorinda and her Aerobics Charity classes

No!  No!  No!   A thousand times NO. 

Since I often agree with you, I'm hoping that was sarcasm. 😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

No!  No!  No!   A thousand times NO. 

Since I often agree with you, I'm hoping that was sarcasm. 😜

18 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

But Dorinda promises she will make it nice...

Well the other choice was On Tour With The Countess.

So I would rather go with Dorinda.

Step to the right, Raise your hands, Cliiiippp!

Step to the left, Lower your hands, Cliiiippp!

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Why is it that even in thread about the NYC Housewives everyone has to talk about LVP?

Weird.

Not that weird — this thread has gone off the rails a few times the past couple pages. LVP and her spinoffs, RHODC and potential other RH cities, Eileen Davidson.

It’s been a real grab bag in here, LOL. I’m glad it’s veered back into RHONY territory, though.

• Love 3
One could make the argument that there will be three newbies, considering Sawnya's new face and all.  
p.s.  This brunette newby's face should serve as a cautionary tale, as to the downside of fillers 'n such.  "Allll aboard to Lumpytown!!"
Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

Oh fabulous. Another boring brunette tagging along with the regular cast that they can eventually ice out like they always do.

I don’t even know why the show bothers inserting these randoms into the cast. They never last because they never truly fit in with the rest of these women and they usually can’t handle drowning among all those far stronger personalities...cue crying/whining from each and every one of them about how they’re misunderstood and not being accepted by “the group”(mostly Ramona). Let’s think back to Cindy, Jules, Barbara...and now this nobody. I guess Bravo thinks this is a winning formula for the NY ladies, but I’m pretty damned tired of it myself. 

• Love 9

I don’t even know why the show bothers inserting these randoms into the cast.

A way to have an extra person there occasionally without having to pay them a full HWs salary?

• Love 2

It should be fun watching the remaining HWs scramble and battle it out to see who the next HBIC will be. After a bloody battle royal, it could be Dorinda, assuming she stays sober long enough.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I am probably going to start watching again this season since BF is gone. I recorded all of last season and only watched spurts of it live. I just couldn't tolerate BF anymore. 

I am going in knowing nothing about the two newbies and looking forward to a new dynamic between the regular gang. I hope we have a lot of Hamptons stuff. I liked watching Luanne going around the town getting things for a brunch. Would love to see a party at  Ramona's updated (for her, I know!) Hampton's home because she has fun with her guests.

Deep, happy sigh...BF is gone.

I feel the same. It is interesting to me how many individuals on MS/TA, including Martha’s daughter and one of her high-ranking executives, determine that Frankel is manic, unfocused, polarizing, hypocritical, unpleasant to work with and unprofessional. That was many years ago, before the money exacerbated all of those traits.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel the same. It is interesting to me how many individuals on MS/TA, including Martha’s daughter and one of her high-ranking executives, determine that Frankel is manic, unfocused, polarizing, hypocritical, unpleasant to work with and unprofessional. That was many years ago, before the money exacerbated all of those traits.

They also said that she did not connect to her team. She just doesn't play well in the playground. If everyone won't go her way, she is taking her ball and going home.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

When was the big Carole/Bethenny feud, season before last? Heather has some weird timing, I would have loved this goss in the midst of the onscreen drama.

Now it’s just a former HW talking about another former HW befriending another former HW for the wrong reasons. Kinda feels like RHONY turducken.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, link417 said:

When was the big Carole/Bethenny feud, season before last? Heather has some weird timing, I would have loved this goss in the midst of the onscreen drama.

Now it’s just a former HW talking about another former HW befriending another former HW for the wrong reasons. Kinda feels like RHONY turducken.

I don't disagree, but she was probably responding to questions, and some outlets picked up on the interview.  Pretty much a nothingburger.

• Love 4

Looool

The Real Former Housewives of New York City...

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 10/26/2019 at 12:18 AM, link417 said:

I agree yet I’m still enjoying the (room temperature) tea. Keep it coming, mama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Luann de Lesseps says ‘RHONY’ cast was ‘relieved’ Bethenny Frankel left the show

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/29/luann-de-lesseps-says-rhony-cast-was-relieved-bethenny-frankel-left-the-show/?_ga=2.185071849.1130511826.1567771806-93000535.1567554636

“Hell of a way to leave a show that’s been so good to her,” de Lesseps said, revealing Bravo and the co-stars found out through Instagram. “Let me tell you, when she tanked in her talk show, she came back with her tail between her legs to ‘Housewives.'”

She added, “God, if I had a dime for every Skinny Girl party I had to promote, and then she can’t even promote my cabaret show and be happy about it.”

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, divsc said:

Luann de Lesseps says ‘RHONY’ cast was ‘relieved’ Bethenny Frankel left the show

https://pagesix.com/2019/10/29/luann-de-lesseps-says-rhony-cast-was-relieved-bethenny-frankel-left-the-show/?_ga=2.185071849.1130511826.1567771806-93000535.1567554636

“Hell of a way to leave a show that’s been so good to her,” de Lesseps said, revealing Bravo and the co-stars found out through Instagram. “Let me tell you, when she tanked in her talk show, she came back with her tail between her legs to ‘Housewives.'”

She added, “God, if I had a dime for every Skinny Girl party I had to promote, and then she can’t even promote my cabaret show and be happy about it.”

She's probably right, but...

sour-grapes.jpg

• LOL 10
13 hours ago, divsc said:

Agreed!!! And I don’t even mind Bethenny, but I *hated* the vibe she brought to the past several seasons, with all the HW’s desperately jockeying to be in her good favor and not piss her off. I don’t care how much she claims that she had no influence over production—I just find it interesting that beyond Ramona/LuAnne, all the other Housewives who dared cross her path were gone after that. It was a weird power dynamic I was tired of seeing and it’s nice to finally see these ladies not be brought down/affected in all their scenes by Queen Bethenny. 

Oh and her crying. The constant crying jags of BetheME...let’s hope she’s decided to let folks witness her perimenopausal outbursts elsewhere for good.

And sour grapes or not, I’m loving this tea Lu is finally spilling on her, hahah!!

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Dorinda and Sonja made it unscathed.

Yes, but they all made up rather quickly when they did battle with her. And they all have worshipped her and been her loyal minion at various points as well. It’s the ones who never really bonded with her and/or had horrible fights with her and never repaired things who end up getting the boot. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Dorinda and Sonja made it unscathed.

Not sure how much influence Sonja has, but Dorinda knows a lot of people and has a lot of connections. Beth is probably careful not to burn that bridge, lest she need another FAO Schwarz toy soldier type favor.

Maybe someone clued her in on who Richard Medley really was.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I had to google her, and was surprised she’s only 37. She looks much older.

Apparently, she and Tinsley are friends. 

Not a fan of the bad girl schtick, she’s currently in my “dislike” pile with Ramona.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, link417 said:

I had to google her, and was surprised she’s only 37. She looks much older.

Apparently, she and Tinsley are friends. 

Not a fan of the bad girl schtick, she’s currently in my “dislike” pile with Ramona.

I think they're newish friends as Leah only began hanging out with her recently. I've followed Leah on Instagram for a few years after hearing her on a podcast and as I said a few pages ago she's an odd choice. Barbara, some other former cast members at least had real, long term friendships with some of the ladies. Leah's not in that world.

The Bad Girl Schtick is real! A Penthouse advice column, a street wear line, many friends in the hip hop and music community, a sharp tongue. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I hope Jill knows it's not such a big loss. lol

Did anyone notice if Sonja was there for Bravocom?  It was so crowded, I didn't notice. 

Rumor has it that Sonja was there in all her glory but she supposedly spent a good time hiding under the tables secretly negotiating her current and upcoming contracts.  Multiple inside sources were available to confirm this rumor.  

(Disclaimer:  Any time I start off with 'Rumor has it' you know it's bs and also I don't even know if there were tables there as I haven't been following.  )

• LOL 8
10 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Rumor has it that Sonja was there in all her glory but she supposedly spent a good time hiding under the tables secretly negotiating her current and upcoming contracts.  Multiple inside sources were available to confirm this rumor.  

(Disclaimer:  Any time I start off with 'Rumor has it' you know it's bs and also I don't even know if there were tables there as I haven't been following.  )

Well, they strolled out together and then sat down for a quick chat, then moved back....so, I don't recall any tables.  It was very crowded on that stage though.  I do recall seeing Tinsley, Luann, Ramona, Dorinda and the NEW girl very well.  While I'm at it, I will say that the new housewife is rather unusual.  She looks as old as Ramona, but, is actually only 39.  I'm wondering if she just had a bad night. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, they strolled out together and then sat down for a quick chat, then moved back....so, I don't recall any tables.  It was very crowded on that stage though.  I do recall seeing Tinsley, Luann, Ramona, Dorinda and the NEW girl very well.  While I'm at it, I will say that the new housewife is rather unusual.  She looks as old as Ramona, but, is actually only 39.  I'm wondering if she just had a bad night. 

Well ... according to my sources ... that was when she slipped off with the head guy ... can’t remember his name though.  It must have been all hush-hush considering the secrecy.  All signs point to total agreement from what others could hear.

🙄😁

Edited by Ellee
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Well ... according to my sources ... that was when she slipped off with the head guy ... can’t remember his name though.  It must have been all hush-hush considering the secrecy.  All signs point to total agreement from what others could hear.

🙄😁

Word on the street is that Luanne jumped in a cab with that guy and took off, leaving Sonja high & dry in her Depends.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Word on the street is that Luanne jumped in a cab with that guy and took off, leaving Sonja high & dry in her Depends.

Well .... that's LuLu for you.  I don't think she's ever met a guy and cab that she wasn't partial to.  And, sometimes I think she is just partial to the cab guy.  😄

Is it true that Sonja really depends on her Depends?   I for some reason thought she used them for general clean-up  They do absorb a lot of moisture. 🙄😀

• LOL 5