Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is awful news. What I cannot understand is why he is saying on his Instagram that he has been under self quarantine for several days because he was not feeling well. Yesterday on his Instastory he was out for a walk with Ben and today he was picking up a burger from a place that he was touting as the best burger place in NYC.  He has since deleted those Instastories. 

Why? 

Yeah, I wondered that too, as I follow him on Instagram.

My guess as to why he deleted those stories is because he'd get backlash.  People saying, "well you say you're in quarantine, but clearly you're not".

In other words, he meant that he was in quarantine the way the rest of us are:  doing his work from home, but getting out to grab food or take a walk.  

He didn't feel great, but had no idea he had the coronavirus, so wasn't in "full" quarantine.

Unfortunately, he's in a densely populated city with so many infected, he could have just gotten it from someone who walked close to him and sneezed nearby.

I do hope he recovers well.  Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson seem to be heading towards recovery (only mention that since they are similar age ranges, although Andy is a bit younger I believe).

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This is awful news. What I cannot understand is why he is saying on his Instagram that he has been under self quarantine for several days because he was not feeling well. Yesterday on his Instastory he was out for a walk with Ben and today he was picking up a burger from a place that he was touting as the best burger place in NYC.  He has since deleted those Instastories. 

Why? 

Because he's a self-important asshole?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
self-import is something different altogether
  • Love 19

I just read an article where Andy thinks he may have gotten it from someone in his building, as there have been people who have tested positive there.  As simple as breathing the same air in the elevator, or touching the elevator button, etc.

Up until he had symptoms, he was sheltering in place like everyone else, only venturing out to take walks & pick up food, and doing his show from his apartment.

They also think he could have gotten it via the central ventilating system, which is scary.  
My dad had recommended a few weeks ago, when we were still considering to travel, to wipe down hotel vents with antiseptic wipes.  I was like, yeah dad, I'm gonna get a ladder in a hotel room.  He may have been onto something.

In any event, I don't wish this on anyone.  I wish Andy a peaceful recovery.

I do wonder where Ben is.  Maybe with Andy's parents?

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8
On 3/23/2020 at 12:19 PM, druzy said:

This makes me nervous.  With all that's going on in NY......I would imagine that most of the RHWONY are having copious amounts of alcohol.  I can't say I blame them though. 

• Love 5

The new housewife's tagline is "I may float like a butterfly,  but I sting like a bitch" - which, hunh? The original quote they're riffing on (coined by Muhammad Ali) is "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." So why not go with "I may float like a butterfly but I sting like a Queen B."  

~yes, i am actually dissecting taglines as if they were the Dead Sea Scrolls because i have too much time on my self-isolating hands & it's either this, or stress-eating the last of the peanut butter cups.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, film noire said:

The new housewife's tagline is "I may float like a butterfly,  but I sting like a bitch" - which, hunh? The original quote they're riffing on (coined by Muhammad Ali) is "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." So why not go with "I may float like a butterfly but I sting like a Queen B."  

~yes, i am actually dissecting taglines as if they were the Dead Sea Scrolls because i have too much time on my self-isolating hands & it's either this, or stress-eating the last of the peanut butter cups.

You have peanut butter cups?! 🤨

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I had vowed to not watch this season.  I actually went cold turkey on Bravo, but, with the current situation, I think I will watch it.  Not just due to having more time at home, but, I want to see what NY was like in the last season BEFORE Covid-19.  I think that memories of NY and the cast will definitely be viewed with this time as a dividing line.  I bet the Reunion has not been filmed yet though.  No idea when that might happen.   I hope Andy makes a full recovery.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes, you have peanut butter cups! I am isolated because of my immune system and hubby is not buying things like peanut butter cups for me 😢 However, he is keeping me supplied with red wine and gin (he’s not a total fool).

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Rhetorica said:

My TV app shows a new episode tonight.

How They Got Here 2020

Anyone else see that?

I do, I wonder if it’s just a bunch of clips.

I think a series of interviews with us fans who so got addicted - how did you get here and why are you still here?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I do, I wonder if it’s just a bunch of clips.

I think a series of interviews with us fans who so got addicted - how did you get here and why are you still here?

Channel surfing, and like a bad accident, I just couldn't look away. For some of the shows, I'm still in that gaper delay, driving by, with my eyes and jaw wide open at the spectacle, other shows, I've passed and have continued on my merry way. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 3/25/2020 at 3:55 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

"She’s such a big personality, she kind of took over the room. No air left for us." 

I'm looking forward to NYC this season.  Andy once said that the NYC cast is the only one that would go out to dinner after reunions.  That was awhile ago, though, and perhaps that hasn't been the case for awhile.  If so, maybe they'll go back to that without Bethenny (and COVID).

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10

Yeah, there's something special about this cast. Somewhere, deep down, they genuinely care about each other, and, imo, that's what sets them apart from some of the other cities (I can't vouch for all, since I haven't watched all of them). They're like a family: They don't always get along, but there is a love there, that's not always visible and that they won't necessarily admit to, at any given time, but it's there. jmo.

• Love 13

Bethenny isn't even on the show anymore and they're still talking about her...

I guess Luanne crashing into the bushes while drunk or showing up in blackface to a party weren't true expressions of her personality lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2020 at 9:15 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

That look when Luanne snatched up the vodka after saying, is this water, and Ramona said, while reaching out to stop Luanne though. The angry side eye and snatched drink. Luanne will continue to be an example, that doesn't touch me, as to why I stay sober. Thanks Lu!

Me too! She is headed down a dark road... 

That photo of Luann and Bethenny looks like it’s Photoshopped to the max. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

It’s like Christmas Eve!  Can’t wait for tomorrow.  I’m running out of things to watch now that all I’m doing is watching TV (more than usual).  

It's tomorrow? Yay! I'm reduced to watching intellectual and educational TV. And let me tell you, I need some mind candy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's tomorrow? Yay! I'm reduced to watching intellectual and educational TV. And let me tell you, I need some mind candy.

I ain’t April foolin!   Premiere is tomorrow night! Once my soaps run out I’m gonna be in a bad way.  That’s my daily mind candy.  I’d rather run out of TP than TV at this point.....ok maybe not.  But it would be a Sophie’s Choice situation.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2020 at 7:18 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

They're all coming for Bethenny, lol.  Luann's turn:  "It's like, Bethenny who?"  

Side note:  I've always thought this was a very odd photo of BF

I tremendously dislike Luanne. She's a fame whore.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In the episode description, it says the rift between Tinsley and Dorinda heats up. I don’t remember there being a problem between those two...?

Dorinda has always been pretty dismissive of her, hasn't she? Not as rude as the other women but still bitchy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Dorinda has always been pretty dismissive of her, hasn't she? Not as rude as the other women but still bitchy.

Isn’t Dorinda the one who started the whole “where does she get her money/Scott is paying for everything”.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Isn’t Dorinda the one who started the whole “where does she get her money/Scott is paying for everything”.

I think she was also accusing Tinsley of not being honest or opening up about her feelings; always putting on a happy face and saying everything is fine, when they knew she was having issues with Scott. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In the episode description, it says the rift between Tinsley and Dorinda heats up. I don’t remember there being a problem between those two...?

It's probably a storyline manufactured by the show's producers.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think she was also accusing Tinsley of not being honest or opening up about her feelings; always putting on a happy face and saying everything is fine, when they knew she was having issues with Scott. 

Dorinda seemed to have it in for Tinsley for a long time - and for multiple reasons - Scott, source of money, not opening up, etc. 

That is how I took it, anyway.  There was even one episode where she said something like Tinsely doesn't fit in ... or something like that.

From what I remember of the last season, I'm not sure she ever warmed to her, whereas I think Ramona did in kind of a motherly way. 

I like Tinsely, ALOT, and I think she's been a great addition to the show for a lot of reasons, but I bet it's toughened her up.

I find it ironic that she and Luanne were in the SAME jail.  Seems Tinsely on the show was meant to be.  

In response to Dorinda being mad at Luanne for not inviting Tom to her show or recognizing she helped Luanne get the Jovani dresses, Bethenny said something like Dorinda just has to fight and can't let things go.   

I agree with this.  I think Dorinda takes people down for sport and she has no patience for anything who can't compete in her ring.   I don't think Dorinda is a bully or anything but she doesn't have patience for weakness and I think she views Tinsley as weak.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 10
On 2/25/2020 at 6:42 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

No lie, I have a shirt nearly identical to Dorinda's dress.  I think it dates back to the 90's!  It's one of my small handful of favorite clothing items.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

I can't help but think of how Bethenny is taking her departure during all this, i.e. when we're all stuck at home watching TV.  RHNY is "it" for me during lockdown, and Bethenny is already a distant memory.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
On 4/26/2020 at 11:13 AM, LucindaWalsh said:

Watching Delicious Miss Brown and up comes a commercial with Sonja Morgan

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/shows/2020/4/a-fresh-batch-of-celebrity-worst-cooks

OMG!  I hope that she ends up on Chef Anne's team. Anne will make mincemeat out of her. Tyler Florence had better watch out.   She'll be all over him like white on rice (pun intended!) but I doubt she knows how to prepare it!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Wait a second. Didn't Sexy-J-Sonja make culinary masterpieces for the Churchills using her toaster oven? What is she even doing on this show?

I know this will shock you but a lot of “celebs” who appear on this show can actually cook! 

During the latest Watch What Crappens podcast (hilarious, as always), Ronnie mentioned that courtesy of FB aka his favorite housewife “Soshall Medea,” he learned a little about our new friend-of, Elyse. He described some articles about her being on the NY Post - here’s most of what I saw. (Spoiler alert: monster ahead).

https://nypost.com/2014/11/02/protesters-mob-park-ave-apartment-after-nanny-debacle/

https://pagesix.com/2012/01/26/surprise-courtroom-star/?_ga=2.148475127.1585112210.1589035705-763760043.1589035705

https://pagesix.com/2014/03/13/elyse-slaine-gets-park-ave-pad-in-split-with-donald-drapkin/?_ga=2.144369909.1585112210.1589035705-763760043.1589035705

https://nypost.com/2017/03/01/late-hedge-fund-honchos-ex-gal-pal-battling-his-kids-over-park-avenue-pad/

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

he learned a little about our new friend-of, Elyse. He described some articles about her being on the NY Post

Holy Erika Jayne & Tom! (Though she's not as pretty as EJ)

elyse-slaine1.jpg

Okay, time out.  ^That guy is Donald Drapkin, whom she dated after her divorce from David Slaine.  DD died in 2016 after a skiing accident. (The Google shows he was married at the time of his death).  Ex-hubs is here:

david slaine.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/9/2020 at 1:44 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Holy Erika Jayne & Tom! (Though she's not as pretty as EJ)

elyse-slaine1.jpg

Okay, time out.  ^That guy is Donald Drapkin, whom she dated after her divorce from David Slaine.  DD died in 2016 after a skiing accident. (The Google shows he was married at the time of his death).  Ex-hubs is here:

david slaine.jpg

As much as I love RHNYC (it's always been my favorite of the RH franchise), I don't think I'd like any of the women in real life based on how they treat staff and others.  

Sonja and Luanne seem to leave a trail of disgruntled employees.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7