Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

On 8/3/2020 at 5:36 PM, RedDelicious said:

Yikes. When I hear Rachel Uchitel’s name I think of her as the blonde girl who (tragically) lost her fiancé in 9-11. When the Tiger Woods thing came up I thought that was absolutely nuts. It’s crazy to me how people manage to cycle through the news.

She had the coolest children’s store! I have a lot of empathy for her. Between celebrity rehab and Scandal made me famous, she seems so desperate to be loved. 

20 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Making a call.

Reveal spoiler

I predict Tinsley is going to announce that she's pregnant during reunion taping today. 

I truly hope for this! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought it was Tinsley. It's not her, right?

It’s Tinsley - it’s from a fan photo she’s tagged in on Instagram. It was uploaded last week and geotagged Chicago (and photo cred to Scott). It must have been right before she left for New York for the reunion, because she was supposed to have arrived early to account for self-quarantine time.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

How great would it be if Tinsley came to the reunion gloriously happy, engaged and pregnant after all her fears and worries.

Dorinda’s head would explode.

And she’d start spit-screaming that Tinsley gets paid by Scott to have his babies or something.  Ha!  Never have I looked forward to a reunion before this 😂🤣

• LOL 12
10 minutes ago, druzy said:

Pro - If the production company/Andy, along with her co-workers allowed the sheer "just part of my look" mask, then I guess she's right.

Con - Unless you're masquerading as a fucking belly dancer Leah, wear a fucking mask that has an actual chance of doing some fucking good in protecting you and others from the fucking virus.  Hopefully, this is in terms you can, you know, be down with, since you're such a hip, urban, coolchick.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

So, let me see if I understand this correctly...She's aware that the sheer mask will not provide protection, but it's ok that she wore it because it was part of her look, and everyone else around her had a mask on, and everyone stayed 6ft apart? In other words, it's ok because EVERYONE ELSE took proper precautions.

She's an idiot. 

She wore that get-up ensemble to get a reaction, so she could fire back. She's more transparent than that outfit.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 22
On 8/7/2020 at 7:02 PM, RedDelicious said:

First look. That’s a pretty big skirt and a short waist 😉E79A6B87-33C1-4649-A9BA-1CF0EB4BB20A.thumb.jpeg.fa3d7d55c32114d4d096068ff94278be.jpeg

Meh, I'm kind of tired of Tinsley's Tinkerbell look.  It does look good in black, though.  I don't understand Sonja's neckline.  Does her mask have dangly beads?  What the what?  Ramona's is so ordinary aka boring looking.  Dorinda could be an ice-skater @biakbiak.  Leah's dress is confusing, but then so is Leah.  I kind of like it, and I kind of don't.  My favorite is Luann, elegant, stylish and a good fit. 

I miss the days when Andy would go around and pick his favorite shoe of all the HW's, and we got an up-close of their shoes.  I love shoes 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

So, let me see if I understand this correctly...She's aware that the sheer mask will not provide protection, but it's ok that she wore it because it was part of her look, and everyone else around her had a mask on, and everyone stayed 6ft apart? In other words, it's ok because EVERYONE ELSE took proper precautions.

She's an idiot. 

She wore that get-up ensemble to get a reaction, so she could fire back. She's more transparent than that outfit.

Funny how a mask is meant to disguise a person, but in this case it actually reveals the person behind it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah's reunion outfit is a really bad choice, looks like it was designed by committee, how many outfits did say no to before she settled on that monstrosity. 

It looks like she is wearing a giant diaper under her sheer skirt.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 8/7/2020 at 8:02 PM, RedDelicious said:

First look. That’s a pretty big skirt and a short waist 😉E79A6B87-33C1-4649-A9BA-1CF0EB4BB20A.thumb.jpeg.fa3d7d55c32114d4d096068ff94278be.jpeg

Luanne has the best look and dress.  Lu, Ramona, Tinsley...all have the right look/beautiful.  Ramona has beautiful jewelry.  Tinsley looks beautiful and it’s a Tinsley princess dress!  I think Sonja would have looked stunning if she wore a normal black mask.  That mask design is clashing with her neckline...her makeup is great.  She’s a beauty.  I really don’t like Dorinda’s or Leah’s dress.  Dorinda’s hair and makeup are on point though.  Leah, she looks pretty from the neck up, but that dress is a train wreck. 😮

• Love 7
On 8/9/2020 at 5:32 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Meh, I'm kind of tired of Tinsley's Tinkerbell look.  It does look good in black, though.  I don't understand Sonja's neckline.  Does her mask have dangly beads?  What the what?  Ramona's is so ordinary aka boring looking.  Dorinda could be an ice-skater @biakbiak.  Leah's dress is confusing, but then so is Leah.  I kind of like it, and I kind of don't.  My favorite is Luann, elegant, stylish and a good fit. 

I miss the days when Andy would go around and pick his favorite shoe of all the HW's, and we got an up-close of their shoes.  I love shoes 🙂

I'm tired of Tinsleybell too.  It's a pretty dress but I'm so over the look.  Leah's dress is definitely confusing but I really like it, for her.  I actually think its really cool.  Not anything I would ever wear or ever want to see on anyone else, but I love the edginess of the sheer gloves and (yes) the sheer mask and the two different bikini tops sewn together.  I think she looked terrific.

Re: Tinsley's most recent Instagram post, I'm def hedging my bets on pregnant.  They're throwing up all the decoys like dogs in front of her belly and a suspicious (full) glass of wine in the frame 😉  Nice hustle though.

• Love 3

Leah could have said what she said without being so “in your face” about it.

Not a fan of the pointy bustline style on Tins.  Too dramatic.  I always think if you bend over, they’d poke you!  😁

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I still think Sonja has suffered some type of hearing loss. She has yelled her way through the season and she was yelling on Watch What Happens on Thursday night. 

Sonja also claimed, or yelled, on WWHL that she dated Richard Lewis.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, divsc said:

‘Real Housewives of New York’ may have serious mental health, addiction issues, says psychologist

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/13/real-housewives-of-new-york-have-serious-mental-health-addiction-issues-says-psychologist-dr-tracy-thomas/

It appears that most of the women on this series struggle with alcohol issues. It doesn’t appear that any of them have any desire to change. Lou went to rehab, but apparently has her own method of drinking responsibly. I wonder how that is working out for her. The old school theory was that you could never drink again, even in moderation, but that had been challenged.  I think the 12 step programs still support total abstinence. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It appears that most of the women on this series struggle with alcohol issues. It doesn’t appear that any of them have any desire to change. Lou went to rehab, but apparently has her own method of drinking responsibly. I wonder how that is working out for her. The old school theory was that you could never drink again, even in moderation, but that had been challenged.  I think the 12 step programs still support total abstinence. 

Although her drinking got her in trouble, Luann never claimed to be an alcoholic. She only went to AA because the court made her. 

• Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 6:32 PM, RedDelicious said:

Leah's dress is definitely confusing but I really like it, for her.  I actually think its really cool.  Not anything I would ever wear or ever want to see on anyone else, but I love the edginess of the sheer gloves and (yes) the sheer mask and the two different bikini tops sewn together.  I think she looked terrific.

The one and only thing I really have liked about Leah is her clothes.  Most of the time.  This outfit? suits her to a T and I like individualism, but I still don't know if I like it...it makes my brain work too hard 😉  I will say, that if anyone could pull it off, it would be Leah. 

• Love 1
On 8/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, absolutelyido said:

It looks like she is wearing a giant diaper under her sheer skirt.

Amen, sister - what sane woman rises of a morning and thinks: I'd like an asymmetrical great-granny panty under something sheer, please!  She's been fronting as The Wild Child all season, and this is her reunion outfit?  Jesus Christ. I threw together edgier looks in the early eighties based solely on Madonna vids + random scraps of fabric + werking it for my mirror of a Friday night (and yes, maybe there was some Safety Dance/Men Without Hats blond hair thrown in there - Stop judging me! None of us realized how shameful the video would seem decades later! Back then, it was all pastoral fields and a dude with flowing hair and another dude in a jester's cap and some chick in a bodice with hair like Phentex woo!l) And I can't even with the mask thing.  You fucking come at people for noticing that you - in the middle of a terrifying pandemic - aren't wearing an actual mask that can saves lives? And you think that gives YOU the moral upper hand to snot on people? Fuck that noise, biatch. It's the safety dance. Get on board.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

Up until WWHL, I thought Sonja looked so, so much better on social media posts, since they stopped filming then she did during the filming.  She was just on with Rachael Harris and Sonja looked very strange.  Not bloated, liked she was during the season, but her teeth looked very different and there’s something else, I can’t put my finger on what she had done...but it wasn’t good.  

Anyone  know what she’s has had done? It was off putting to watch her.

• Love 1
On 7/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, politichick said:

I started out liking her, but I REALLY dislike her now, and also hope she's one and done.

OMG this article -

http://www.irealhousewives.com/2020/08/leah-mcsweeney-wants-more-diversity-on.html

Some quotes:

“I have a lot of black friends, and I hear a lot of stories from them about racism and the s–t they have to deal with,” she told Page Six. 

“I think it’s so hard for a lot of white people to understand and to even process it because it’s something we’re not used to dealing with,” she added. “I walk into a store, people think that I’m gonna shop my ass off because I’m white. They’re not thinking that I’m going to steal something or that I can’t afford something. That’s what my black friends have to deal with.”

McSweeney was, however, surprised when “RHOA” star Porsha Williams said that people once thought she was the dog walker. “I’ve never seen a dog walker look like Porsha, have you? I mean, she’s, like, very glamorous, very sexy. I don’t know what kind of dog walker looks like that.”

JESUS CHRIST!  Thank you, white lady for letting people know you have black friends, just so we know you are a GOOD ONE.  And explaining how black people feel.  

And her comment about Porsha - so we are not to judge people for how they look, and then she points out that she isn't a dog walker because she LOOKS too glamorous and sexy(?) to be a dog walker???  What about when she's not done up, then she can be mistaken for a dog walker?  Also, not sure what is wrong with being a dog walker.  Bottom line is she missed the WHOLE POINT Porsha was trying to make.

WTF is this CRAP, does she think she comes off well with this???  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I started out liking her, but I REALLY dislike her now, and also hope she's one and done.

OMG this article -

http://www.irealhousewives.com/2020/08/leah-mcsweeney-wants-more-diversity-on.html

Some quotes:

“I have a lot of black friends, and I hear a lot of stories from them about racism and the s–t they have to deal with,” she told Page Six. 

“I think it’s so hard for a lot of white people to understand and to even process it because it’s something we’re not used to dealing with,” she added. “I walk into a store, people think that I’m gonna shop my ass off because I’m white. They’re not thinking that I’m going to steal something or that I can’t afford something. That’s what my black friends have to deal with.”

McSweeney was, however, surprised when “RHOA” star Porsha Williams said that people once thought she was the dog walker. “I’ve never seen a dog walker look like Porsha, have you? I mean, she’s, like, very glamorous, very sexy. I don’t know what kind of dog walker looks like that.”

JESUS CHRIST!  Thank you, white lady for letting people know you have black friends, just so we know you are a GOOD ONE.  And explaining how black people feel.  

And her comment about Porsha - so we are not to judge people for how they look, and then she points out that she isn't a dog walker because she LOOKS too glamorous and sexy(?) to be a dog walker???  What about when she's not done up, then she can be mistaken for a dog walker?  Also, not sure what is wrong with being a dog walker.  Bottom line is she missed the WHOLE POINT Porsha was trying to make.

I read about this ahead of her starting, so I had warning, she was going to be awful.

The most telling thing is that she publically attacks him, lies about what he said, and then gets angry when he shows reciepts. Acting like the injured party. On top of calling him a racist for not liking her.

https://www.floor8.com/posts/leah-mcsweeney-michael-che-feud-timeline-rhony-snl-01e5nd33m4f9

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

OMG this article -

Some quotes:

Its highly possible her friends have shared this with her when talking about experiences that differ for people because of the color of their skin. I've had conversations with friends who are of different races and they share what is different for them versus me. We ask each other questions and answer honestly. 

It is possible that she's speaking about learned knowledge here rather than trying to speak on behalf of black citizens. 

I don't take her "I have a lot of black friends" as automatically and necessarily negative. Black people say they have white friends. Its when it turns into something like, " I'm not a racist -- I have black friends." that it becomes problematic.

People of all colors NEED to be able to talk together about the differences in lived experiences for us to grow in understanding. There is nothing wrong with a white person saying "my black friends have told me XYZ about their experience." Just as there is nothing wrong with a black person saying, "my white friends can't understand this because of their XYZ experience." Just because she isn't necessarily using the words "my black friends have told me they are profiled in stores" doesn't mean she isn't saying exactly that. 

I had a conversation with a former colleague who is black (I am white) about how she talks to her (now teenage) son about the issues young black males have to deal with. I said, "I can't even imagine how you begin to have that conversation." It wasn't an ignorant statement on my part -- far from it -- it was acknowledgement that I, because I am a white woman, can't even begin to comprehend what that has to be like for her as a mother and for her son as a young black man. I don't wonder, and have never needed to wondered, whether my getting pulled over means I'm looking at the last moments of my life. I've never had to try to explain that to someone because it simply isn't my lived experience. 

I also think that we need to be able to recognize that people have the ability to grow, change, and acknowledge a new understanding of something they didn't understand before. I am NOT letting her off the hook for the Michael Che texts but they were four years ago. It is possible she's learned a few things since then.

We have to be willing to recognize growth and change in people. For example, for years thinking that black people really aren't treated any differently but through the growing awareness that has been taken to a new level in the wake of George Floyd's death, seeing now that black citizens are in fact treated differently, and just because one thinks "everyone should be treated the same," they really aren't. 

Otherwise, our actions and words would still be judged the way we spoke and acted 10-15-20 years ago. Are you the exact same person now that you were then? I'm not. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 8