Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

She cares because they are "friends" and are both together frequently in the Berkshires. 

And what does it matter that Heather has two young children? People can't have friends who are at different stages in life? I know I do.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, politichick said:

Why on earth would she care about what Dorinda has to say? What impact does she have on Heath's world. Doubt they travel much in the same circles and Heather has tao young chikdten. 

They hang out together in the Berkshires.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, Jextella said:
On 9/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

At one point a few years ago, Hannah said something about how "bad" things were - I can't remember if it was before Dorinda married Richard or after he died. But I got the impression that it was very bad. I actually feel bad for her because like the children of other narcissists, Hannah has probably spent her whole life seeking her manipulative mother's approval and not really getting it.

If anyone can remember this scene, I'd love to go back an watch it!

More recently, at Dorinda's birthday dinner Hannah looked scared to me.  The kind of look that she was wondering when the shit would start flying.

Also, that ridiculous lunch scene with the two of them and Hannah fawning over her mother.  Wonder how much Dorinda paid her to do that?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Heather was useless on WWH, she knows she had to support Dorinda and diss Tinsley or the shit would hit the fan and Dorinda would go off on her. But you could see her wheels spin as she tried to couch those comments in the most positive way possible. Sorry Heather, I used to like you and you should have told everyone that Dorinda is a shrew to Tinsley. To Dorinda this was a pass to continue acting like a crazy woman.

i said earlier on the episode thread  i lost all respect for heather because of how she responded on wwhl.  seriously!!

Edited by jaybird2
  • Love 11

Scott has a terrible reputation within his company.  When I first heard this, I thought it was just a disgruntled employee or two.  But there is so much more out there now, including horrible reviews of working for him on GlassDoor, calling him "Bipolar".   

Here's one of many horrendous reviews written by an employee of Coupon Cabin, written in Sept. 2018:
"Finally, my experience with the owner/CEO...

-As others have reported, he is legitimately bi-polar. His mood swings from very high to very low with little warning, and the consequences of his attention being on you on a bad day can be dire. This is not meant as an insult by any means but rather a warning since it is important to be aware of it before engaging with him. It is so bad that when someone notices that he is having a bad day they will warn others to steer clear of him.

-I was chastised by the owner/CEO for standing up too strongly for what I believe in...and then a few days later I was chastised by the CEO for NOT standing up for what I believe in -In one instance when I disagreed respectfully with the CEO, he replied by telling me that many of my peers did not like me.

-He is very rude in meetings. He will often ask someone to explain something to a group of people, only to interrupt seconds later to explain it himself. When I say often, I really mean all the time.

-He is very condescending. He will talk to you about a topic he knows you are well versed in but then proceed to explain it to you like you are 5 years old, often on a white board. "This is what a straight line looks like...see?"

-He has a small group of people that he is very chummy with and who he treats like his personal friends. Everyone else is more or less ignored or treated completely differently. If you have a disagreement with one of his friends on how something in the business should be handled they will often go right to him and "tell" on you.

-When he asks for your opinion on something all he really wants is affirmation that his opinion is correct. If you disagree with his opinion it never goes well, even when he is completely wrong and later realizes it. People in the company have adapted to this by simply never disagreeing with him even when it will end up doing harm to the business.

-He presses people so hard that they end up breaking down. I had numerous conversations with fellow employees who admitted to going home and crying because of the stress.

-It wasn't until late in my employment that I was advised that when the CEO is upset about something, justified or not, that you should take full responsibility even if you had nothing to do with it. if you try to defend yourself or explain what happened in a given situation he goes ballistic."

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/10/2020 at 7:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Why does she keep saying Holla? It’s weird. So yesteryear. Like saying DYNOMITE!

Oh God, she's STILL saying that? I didn't mind her too much when she was on the show, but that was the one thing that irritated me about her in a big way. It was dated back THEN!

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Scott has a terrible reputation within his company.  When I first heard this, I thought it was just a disgruntled employee or two.  But there is so much more out there now, including horrible reviews of working for him on GlassDoor, calling him "Bipolar".   

Here's one of many horrendous reviews written by an employee of Coupon Cabin, written in Sept. 2018:

-As others have reported, he is legitimately bi-polar. His mood swings from very high to very low with little warning, and the consequences of his attention being on you on a bad day can be dire. This is not meant as an insult by any means but rather a warning since it is important to be aware of it before engaging with him. It is so bad that when someone notices that he is having a bad day they will warn others to steer clear of him.

-I was chastised by the owner/CEO for standing up too strongly for what I believe in...and then a few days later I was chastised by the CEO for NOT standing up for what I believe in -In one instance when I disagreed respectfully with the CEO, he replied by telling me that many of my peers did not like me.

-He is very rude in meetings. He will often ask someone to explain something to a group of people, only to interrupt seconds later to explain it himself. When I say often, I really mean all the time.

-He is very condescending. He will talk to you about a topic he knows you are well versed in but then proceed to explain it to you like you are 5 years old, often on a white board. "This is what a straight line looks like...see?"

-He has a small group of people that he is very chummy with and who he treats like his personal friends. Everyone else is more or less ignored or treated completely differently. If you have a disagreement with one of his friends on how something in the business should be handled they will often go right to him and "tell" on you.

-When he asks for your opinion on something all he really wants is affirmation that his opinion is correct. If you disagree with his opinion it never goes well, even when he is completely wrong and later realizes it. People in the company have adapted to this by simply never disagreeing with him even when it will end up doing harm to the business.

-He presses people so hard that they end up breaking down. I had numerous conversations with fellow employees who admitted to going home and crying because of the stress.

-It wasn't until late in my employment that I was advised that when the CEO is upset about something, justified or not, that you should take full responsibility even if you had nothing to do with it. if you try to defend yourself or explain what happened in a given situation he goes ballistic."

I worked at a company once and CEO behaved like this. When I read it, I thought the person was describing him. Employees referred to him as bipolar and people were afraid of him. If this is true of Scott, I hope Tinsley realizes it before they marry and leaves. This isn’t good at all, especially if the bipolar person won’t seek treatment. 

I’m trying to be careful here because this could just be a disgruntled employee or someone who can’t stand Scott. 

• Love 5
On 9/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Starlight925 said:

I don't doubt Scott may have certain issues. I find it odd that we've never heard Dale or the other woman say out loud what a great guy Scott is, or on the other side what a prick Scott is. It's this weird gray zone that makes me think they haven't said anything out of politeness.  In Scott's defense, it's not like the women are any better.

I'm not sold on this relationship, but we'll see.  Meanwhile, so long as they go into it with full disclosure and are still happy, warts and all, there's not much more you can do.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:49 AM, Kerrey92 said:

I was listening to Watch What Crappens (great podcast) and they referenced a person on Reddit who said that Scott was maybe a little too controlling with Tinsley and that Dorinda and the housewives had witnessed some stuff and had a very negative opinion of Scott.  I think this was during the taping of the commercial for his coupon company.  According to this person, Dorinda refused to accept any money from him because of it and demanded that John do the same.  It seems like maybe he didn’t which is why she was so mad at John.  It could maybe explain the exasperation with Tinsley if they’d spoken their peace about this treatment and she was seeing him anyway.  But then Dorinda would have taken it way too far and is really not being supportive of a friend who may be going through something awful. 

I have never seen any mention of Scott’s being controlling on this board and found this angle interesting and disturbing.  

I'd like to know the reason why Tinsley and Dorinda got into the fight that led to the phone call. 

Given the nature of the call, Dorinda seemed to take issue with Scott in some way.  I don't think we have the full story, and Scott is somehow involved - even if peripherally.

Perhaps there is some truth to the talk on Reddit given the other post above about Scott being a controlling a-hole at work.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Dorinda seems more upset with Scott than Tinsley at that time - but why??? I think we don't have the full story and it somehow involves Scott.

I haven’t seen Dorinda express any anger toward Scott only Tinley and John. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The phone call she was yelling at John for running a game on Scott. That seemed 100% about John not Scott.

Exhausting.  

She was pissed at John for taking money from Scott and said he's not his frined. 

Whatever.  

When Dorinda said "running game behind my back" or some such...my antenna went up.  I am thinking that maybe they were both doing a wee bit of conning.  Together.  And that she was insane because he had gone off on his own; she wasn't in on it.  On that particular game.  I am probably, more than likely, way off.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Kemper said:

When Dorinda said "running game behind my back" or some such...my antenna went up.  I am thinking that maybe they were both doing a wee bit of conning.  Together.  And that she was insane because he had gone off on his own; she wasn't in on it.  On that particular game.  I am probably, more than likely, way off.  

Exactly her language seemed to be of someone who’s partner in crime was ripping off a mark they had planned to target together not anger at Scott.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Oh my gosh, my naive little mind never even went there, but you're so so right!  She was livid with John for, and I quote...."running game behind my back".  As in, maybe they were in on some scheme together to get money from people (who knows, Scott may be just one of many).  But John got money from Scott without Dorinda's knowledge, thereby cutting her out of their "game".

Wow....so many smart people on this board!  🙂

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

What John does with his money is his business. Just like what Scott does with his money is his and not Tinsley's. Neither of them needs to be "in on it".

• Love 2

Bravo allegedly tried to get Dorinda Medley to check into rehab after filming the alcohol-fueled 12th season of The Real Housewives of New York City.

https://realityblurb.com/2020/09/15/did-bravo-offer-to-pay-for-dorinda-medley-to-go-to-rehab-before-firing-sources-share-why-dorinda-allegedly-refused-and-if-shes-open-to-returning-to-rhony/

• Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It is also interesting that Hannah doesn't drink. That could be for a variety of reasons, but one of them could be because of what it has done to her mother.

It’s even more interesting that she said at the birthday party that it looks so fun but she just doesn’t drink.  Not like “oh it grosses me out” or “I have no desire”.  It made me sad that this girl wont’t even allow herself to have a fun cocktail, maybe because of the effects she’d seen alcohol have on her mother.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Heather Thompson is on WWHL now.  Zero makeup.  I normally like that on most people, but......idk..I think she really needs some. 

Off topic but Kelly Clarkson has also been wearing zero makeup on her show and I really don’t like it.  More power to her and sorry for being shallow, but I just don’t think it looks good.  As far as Heather, I get so embarrassed for her with all the “Holla” stuff.  It’s So Dated.  

• Love 8
On 9/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, Happy Camper said:

What John does with his money is his business. Just like what Scott does with his money is his and not Tinsley's. Neither of them needs to be "in on it".

I don't necessarily agree that they shouldn't be in on it. Involved with it, no, but aware yes.

I remember reading an article about a woman who had a credit score criterion for her potential dates and how everyone including society in general gave her a really hard time for it, but if you think about it, she was on to something. A good credit score doesn't mean you have lots of money. It means you are responsible about your money and managing any debt you might have. And when I dug deeper and thought about my past relationships, none of the guys from my past were good with money, therefore they had other irresponsible behaviors as well, and that caused issues. A few had lots of money and spent frivolously/did not plan for the future, one made good money but was still digging out from the irresponsibility of his youth and one was just flat out cheap (not frugal, cheap). ETA I wanted to add that the ones who spent frivolously didn't spend frivolously on ME unless it was going out stuff and they were trying to be all popular.

I don't think important financial matters should be kept secret in serious relationships. Dorinda and John were together 7 years and Tinsley/Scott are engaged. If I was in a relationship with someone who had a history of being irresponsible or secretive about money, that would be a red flag for me. John seems to be in some sort of financial predicament and well, you all know how I feel about Scott. I hope Tinsley gets herself an ironclad prenup and protects her assets. 

Found it: https://nypost.com/2016/08/25/i-only-date-guys-with-high-credit-scores/

Kadooz to her.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 7:27 AM, Starlight925 said:

Heather on WWHL was so annoying, with this giant sh*t-eating grin the entire time.  Like, she couldn't/wouldn't close her mouth.  Plus the whole "holla" stuff, which she still does....ugh.

Also on WWHL the same time was Erin Andrews, the famous female sportscaster.  She's absolutely stunning, and she has such a fun personality.

When the two women were shown at the same time, Heather became that much uglier by comparison.  Not hating on a woman for her looks, but she had that annoying giant grin, no makeup, and her stupid holla, while Erin had fun answers, a naturally done look, and just had that kind of persona where you knew that if you ran into both women at a party, you'd be drawn more to Erin.

And Heather's big announcement....that she has a podcast.  Okie. Dokie.  Let me add that to the list of 18 million other podcasts by has-been reality stars.

Bethenny is coming out with a podcast as well. What is Heather going to talk about on hers? She doesn’t have Yummie anymore. 

• Love 1
On 9/14/2020 at 12:09 AM, Cheezwiz said:

Oh God, she's STILL saying that? I didn't mind her too much when she was on the show, but that was the one thing that irritated me about her in a big way. It was dated back THEN!

You're right that "Holla" is dated, "Hollaback Girl" the song was released in 2004.

But Heather annoys me for so much more than that. I think she uses AAVE all of the time and it really annoys me.  I think she thinks she has a pass to use AAVE because she used to work with P. Diddy or some shit?  She just seems like a major poser.  And, she's an adult, not even in her twenties trying to find herself adult, a real adult.  It's just so embarrassing.  

• Love 3
On 9/22/2020 at 3:59 PM, RedDelicious said:

I don't necessarily agree that they shouldn't be in on it. Involved with it, no, but aware yes.

I remember reading an article about a woman who had a credit score criterion for her potential dates and how everyone including society in general gave her a really hard time for it, but if you think about it, she was on to something. A good credit score doesn't mean you have lots of money. It means you are responsible about your money and managing any debt you might have. And when I dug deeper and thought about my past relationships, none of the guys from my past were good with money, therefore they had other irresponsible behaviors as well, and that caused issues. A few had lots of money and spent frivolously/did not plan for the future, one made good money but was still digging out from the irresponsibility of his youth and one was just flat out cheap (not frugal, cheap). ETA I wanted to add that the ones who spent frivolously didn't spend frivolously on ME unless it was going out stuff and they were trying to be all popular.

I don't think important financial matters should be kept secret in serious relationships. Dorinda and John were together 7 years and Tinsley/Scott are engaged. If I was in a relationship with someone who had a history of being irresponsible or secretive about money, that would be a red flag for me. John seems to be in some sort of financial predicament and well, you all know how I feel about Scott. I hope Tinsley gets herself an ironclad prenup and protects her assets. 

Found it: https://nypost.com/2016/08/25/i-only-date-guys-with-high-credit-scores/

Kadooz to her.

I just read the beginning of the article about a 22 year old bragging about her credit score.  Graduate student with no student loans which means someone else paid for it.  Not all that impressive to have an excellent credit score when you’re still a student and everything is paid for.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Bluesky said:

I just read the beginning of the article about a 22 year old bragging about her credit score.  Graduate student with no student loans which means someone else paid for it.  Not all that impressive to have an excellent credit score when you’re still a student and everything is paid for.  

If you look at her LinkedIn, she worked at every school from which she earned her degrees. That is one way to subsidize tuition. I would guess by her ambition and her gpa in chemistry and biomed, she very likely had scholarship money as well. 

I think it is very impressive for a young 20 something to be focused on their finances and to have worked their way through their college years. I would say that is the exception, not the rule. 

However the point of the article is that a good credit score doesn’t mean you have a lot of money, it means you are responsible about your money. Men and women who are irresponsible about their money are likely irresponsible in other areas of life and do not make solid relationship partners. 

So I stand by my kadooz and give her a lot of credit for knowing what she wants and not settling for less at such a young age. I bet a lot of us on here wish we had been so aware and forthright in our 20s.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 10

RHONY’s Elyse Slaine Leaks Texts From Sonja Morgan, Accuses Ramona Singer of Being a Backstabber and Trash-Talking Her Costars and “50 Best Friends”

Oh girl spill the tea

https://realityblurb.com/2020/09/24/rhonys-elyse-slaine-leaks-texts-from-sonja-morgan-accuses-ramona-singer-of-being-a-back-stabber-and-trash-talking-her-costars-and-50-best-friends/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well, if they cast only one black woman, she will have family and friends featured on the shows as well. Also , I would certainly welcome more than one Woman of Color in the main cast to the show and wish the show would be open to doing so.

Andy's Welcome makes it official:

eta: Leah got her wish. Something tells me she is going act like the bratty teen she can be and show some jealousy. 

Edited by shoetingstar
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, shoetingstar said:

Well, if they cast only one black woman, she will have family and friends featured on the shows as well. Also , I would certainly welcome more than one Woman of Color in the main cast to the show and wish the show would be open to doing so.

eta: Leah got her wish. Something tells me she is going act like the bratty teen she can be and show some jealousy. 

I read that Leah is the one who referred Eboni to the network but that the other women know her as well.

I poked around and saw Eboni on some podcasts...she's VERY strong.  I don't think she'll take much from anyone - not even Leah, but we'll see. If they are friends, that could make them some sort of duo.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Eboni looks great. Just saw Leah’s “episode.” I don’t see what is objectionable about her at all. She’s very current. Looking forward to the next season...

I think Leah had something on her nose in the TH. Frankel looked like she had a huge booger in her nose when she was on WWHL. I finally realized it was her septum.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, shoetingstar said:

I also hope they bring in a 2nd woman of a different ethnicity such as Asian, Indian, Hispanic. NYC is sooo diverse and I think this would be a good step in representing that diversity.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I also hope they bring in a 2nd woman of a different ethnicity such as Asian, Indian, Hispanic. NYC is sooo diverse and I think this would be a good step in representing that diversity.

Agreed. It's like Sex in the City in RL.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Little gun shy on the "friends" label after "friends" Denise and Rinna.

I'm secretly hoping Eboni takes Leah down a few notches - friends or not. 🙂

I'm usually wrong about this kind of thing though, and I see them going after Ramona more than anything.

Either way, I feel this might be Ramona's last season. They'll jazz up the cast enough not to have to rely on her much more and she doesn't have a whole lot going on in her life these days so her departure would seem a natural progression.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

I see them going after Ramona

How do you see Ramona dealing with that? For some reason, if ganged up on, I see her prevailing. She has such an odd combination of goofy, aloof, spazz and entitled.

• Love 11

Hee. Leah said, “Honestly, the ravioli at that restaurant were absolutely delicious.” She thinks it’s a shame she threw one instead of eating it.

Oh. She’s calling it her c r o t c h now, so I like that it’s more accurate.

Whoa! Ramona finally said, “I really don’t have 60 friends. A lot of them are acquaintances.”

Leah wears a lot of clothing in colors that resemble her skin tone.

Now she’s back to calling it her v a g i n a.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 4
31 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

How do you see Ramona dealing with that? For some reason, if ganged up on, I see her prevailing. She has such an odd combination of goofy, aloof, spazz and entitled.

I have no idea, but Ramona isn't well liked on Twitter (which I've been spending far too much time on during lockdown!).  People are ready for something new and they get offeneded by her delivery in the same way Leah does.

There is power in numbers. We know Leah isn't a fan and I don't think Luanne is either. If Eboni takes a dislike to Ramona, it's all over for her after this season. If the majority of a cast doesn't want to work with someone, that person usually ends up leaving. I think this season was a bit iffy for Ramona that way.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, Jextella said:

There is power in numbers. We know Leah isn't a fan and I don't think Luanne is either. If Eboni takes a dislike to Ramona, it's all over for her after this season. If the majority of a cast doesn't want to work with someone, that person usually ends up leaving. I think this season was a bit iffy for Ramona that way.

I could be wrong, of course, but my take on this is that Ramona's biggest sin is that she is a woman in her 60's. Her quirks and personality would be welcomed as highly entertaining if she were younger and part of a younger ensemble. Bravo appears to desire more of a younger and more racially diverse demographic fan base. I think Leah and Eboni were partly chosen based upon their media presence in other areas that Bravo is probably hoping will bolster their own numbers with advertisers. They have been stacking the deck against Ramona for some time now.  Ever watch WWHL?  The reunions?  Andy is the chief stirrer of negativity toward her despite all the rotten displays by any others in the cast.  I believe they are squeezing her out.  I just hope they allow the woman some dignity at the end.  She has been a team player for over a decade now and she deserves that at least.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Eboni looks great

She was always good when she appeared on the Fox News programs.  Why would someone as smart as her want to do this shit show?  This seems beneath her.  I'm puzzled.   I wish only the best for her, but this entire franchise rarely does anybody any favors.  Good luck though!  

• Love 13