Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

Various media articles in one place (I was having a hard time remembering sources!)

Dorinda Medley fired -  mean drunk & bad behavior
https://pagesix.com/2020/08/25/dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-for-being-a-mean-drunk/

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2020/08/26/allabouttrh-exclusive-dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-for-bad-behavior/

Dorinda fired - producer thinks it was big mistake; owns her own NYC apt
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8662459/Dorinda-Medley-FIRED-Real-Housewives-New-York-six-seasons-journey-been.html

Dorinda strikes a deal; does NOT own her NYC apt.
https://pagesix.com/2020/08/27/dorinda-medleys-lucrative-real-estate-hustle-jeopardized-by-rhony-axe/

Dorinda didn't quit - Ramona speculates
https://people.com/tv/ramona-singer-speechless-over-dorinda-medley-rhony-exit/

22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

They do, but the timing of this makes it seem like a more typical firing. Carole filmed the reunion and announced she was leaving immediately afterwards. They film those reunions for 12+ hours; no producer is really in the right frame to declare that evening that Carole had to go. It's not totally clear that Carole quit, but it's more likely than not that she did. Heather had been hinting about quitting before before they taped the reunion and ratcheted it up after they filmed the reunion. She announced her departure right after the reunion aired. I think she also quit.

I think Dorinda was given an ultimatum that she had to go to therapy and/or rehab and it had to be part of her storyline next season. I think Dorinda quit rather than officially admit that she has an alcohol problem, problems with other substances, and other behavioral health issues. Dorinda kept harping on the difference between Lu's drinking and her own. Getting arrested is this clear boundary line for Dorinda. Officially announcing her problems is just something she doesn't want to ever do. From the moment Lu was arrested, viewers have consistently said that they didn't think Luann was alcoholic, but that Dorinda, Sonja, and Tinsley might actually be. When Dorinda saw this she stopped drinking for a time, got a personal trainer, and tried to act as if quitting alcohol was just part of her new fitness routine. She'll never admit her substance problems.

The end of August is around when they'd normally begin early contract negotiations and preproduction. They might have told her that she needed to be in rehab for 28 days, they didn't want to lose her for principal photography, and this meant she had to go to rehab in the next month or so. Dorinda probably flipped out and quit.

Putting all the media pieces together, I think HunterHunted nailed it.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 8
On 8/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Agreed. 

Dorinda must have been awful during the reunion on camera and off. 

Yes, remember this season when she threw "tea party" for all the ladies on the roof top recreation area of the building.

Now is makes sense: it was a way to showcase the building.  

I thought it was so odd when Dorinda first moved into the building that she was filmed going to the local businesses and introducing herself. Now that makes a bit more sense if the news of Dorinda living rent free in her apartment is true. But honestly, every time I saw her in her apartment I wondered why she chose that shoebox over another shoebox? Scenes of Dorinda and John cooking in her kitchen which barely had room for one person, let alone two. Even this episode when they were filming Dorinda lying on her couch with the Christmas tree behind the couch,  I kind of felt sorry for her to be living in such an uninspired space. Who would look at where Dorinda lives and want to live there? Her apartment does nothing for me, inside or out. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8
On 8/28/2020 at 5:30 PM, HunterHunted said:

I think Dorinda quit rather than officially admit that she has an alcohol problem, problems with other substances, and other behavioral health issues. Dorinda kept harping on the difference between Lu's drinking and her own. Getting arrested is this clear boundary line for Dorinda. Officially announcing her problems is just something she doesn't want to ever do.

This times a bajillion! So on the money. Dorinda will never get the help she needs. Maybe she's a narcissist too, because it's always about her at the end of everything. She needs constant adulation, like the time she got that nutcracker and didn't get enough of a constant tongue bath from Bethanny. I was on IG and there was an account that was upset about Duh's firing and people were foaming at the mouth, threatening legal action against anyone who commented that Duhrinda had an alcohol and behavioral issues. It was surreal, how can people not see that?

ETA: I think she was fired, I don't think she quit, but I agree with the rest of the above quote!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 9

I don't think Dorinda quit. She has nothing going in her life except for the show. Beyond the salary from the show itself, there are enormous financial benefits in terms of promotional opportunity. Not to mention the narcissistic satisfaction she gets from being "famous".  

The only housewives that have credibly quit have no financial need for the show's income and realize that they are heading for the point of having their reputations trashed to the detriment of their families and/or the business. Bethenny quit - Heather Thompson quit. Heather Dubrow quit.  I am fairly certain that Carole Radziiwill quit. What do all of these women have in common - they value their "real" lives and don't need the show for financial benefits or the narcissistic rush of being a "star".

Other housewives are allowed to say they quit because that is how in works in show business. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 12

Sounds like Bravo is enjoying the increased internet traffic, and trying to keep the pot stirred.  I know there is not much that is beneath them, but to bring her back after a formal announcement would be very weird.  I suppose Ravenel would be next?  <shudders>

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, foilgirl82 said:

Why do most of them look so shiny? Is that makeup? Lighting? Sweat? Also, I’m surprised Dorinda didn’t call Ramona fat before the reunion, given how nasty she’s been. 

That is a look that is in style now. Extremely shiny "glass" highlighter. Not all of them are using them. Dorinda has extreme highlights.

If you look at their makeup, it is in those places which are theoretically supposed to catch the light - cheekbones most commonly although other typical places are just above upper lift - a bit on the nose and in certain places on the forehead.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, malibu said:

What kind of weird back tracking is this? https://pagesix.com/2020/08/29/bravo-is-open-to-bringing-dorinda-medley-back-to-rhony/?_ga=2.94129949.1000009757.1598628483-1041888595.1585485664

Please just let her go.  Don't just put her on pause.  Shut that door and don't let her back in!!

Sounds like a big "if".  Dorinda has a choice to make.  She can make it nice and come back or be a bitch and stay away.

• Love 4

Remember the interview that Joyce Girard gave?  She said that No One quits Real Housewives. You get fired. Now, you can push the firing by not showing up for filming or being a gigantic pain, but you can’t quit.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Remember the interview that Joyce Girard gave?  She said that No One quits Real Housewives. You get fired. Now, you can push the firing by not showing up for filming or being a gigantic pain, but you can’t quit.

Andy Cohen said something similar in an interview. He said HWs aren't asked back. They let them position it however they want to save face, but most of them are fired.

Ramona's hair is too blonde and too long at the reunion. Horrible extensions! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/30/2020 at 7:28 AM, malibu said:

What kind of weird back tracking is this? https://pagesix.com/2020/08/29/bravo-is-open-to-bringing-dorinda-medley-back-to-rhony/?_ga=2.94129949.1000009757.1598628483-1041888595.1585485664

Please just let her go.  Don't just put her on pause.  Shut that door and don't let her back in!!

This implies she can clean up her act, and quick. But, even if she were ready to face her issues, it would take a long time to deal with them and make it nice.

• Love 4

Dorinda can't ever take responsibility for her behavior so I can't see her coming back. Especially since she "isn't" an alcholic and all those arguements were started by someone else. Probably all Tinsley's fault lol.

• Love 7

This podcast also mentions the rumor that Dorinda is coming back. If that happens, I will not watch. No way. Bravo should stick to the original decision to fire her. She discusses it at 8:45. I do NOT agree Dorinda is a "highlight" of the show. Quite the contrary!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

This podcast also mentions the rumor that Dorinda is coming back. If that happens, I will not watch. No way. Bravo should stick to the original decision to fire her. She discusses it at 8:45. I do NOT agree Dorinda is a "highlight" of the show. Quite the contrary!

That photo of Amelia - turns out her mom’s hemorrhoidal lips are hereditary!

• Love 4

Don’t similar stories get floated about every housewife who leaves/is fired before they start filming and there is definitive proof that they aren’t coming back? I remember them with Vicki and Tamra earlier this year (which feels like a decade ago).

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, gingerella said:

This times a bajillion! So on the money. Dorinda will never get the help she needs. Maybe she's a narcissist too, because it's always about her at the end of everything. She needs constant adulation, like the time she got that nutcracker and didn't get enough of a constant tongue bath from Bethanny. I was on IG and there was an account that was upset about Duh's firing and people were foaming at the mouth, threatening legal action against anyone who commented that Duhrinda had an alcohol and behavioral issues. It was surreal, how can people not see that?

ETA: I think she was fired, I don't think she quit, but I agree with the rest of the above quote!

I was thinking the same thing!!! Total narcissist! Bethenny could not stop thanking her over and over and that thank you wasn't enough. Mean while I had never seen Bethenny so happy. You were reading my mind!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Don’t similar stories get floated about every housewife who leaves/is fired before they start filming and there is definitive proof that they aren’t coming back? I remember them with Vicki and Tamra earlier this year (which feels like a decade ago).

5 hours ago, nexxie said:

That photo of Amelia - turns out her mom’s hemorrhoidal lips are hereditary!

She and her sister both got their lips plumped when they began modeling. Sad. I remember when one of them first mentioned it, Lisa discouraged her (on the show). Right. Gee, that was effective. 

Sure Lisa, your eating habits and obsession with thinness aren’t affecting your daughter either. 

• Love 5

The NY Post/Page 6 has been the Dorinda show lately. Someone is feeding them one article after another.

‘RHONY’ finale: Dorinda Medley says Tinsley Mortimer ‘ruined the show’

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/04/dorinda-medley-says-tinsley-mortimer-almost-ruined-rhony/

from the article:

During Thursday’s finale, the women happily gathered at Sonja Morgan’s drag queen soiree, but the tides turned after newcomer Leah McSweeney tried to give a toast thanking former cast mate Tinsley Mortimer for introducing her to the group. Unfortunately, it didn’t sit well with Dorinda Medley, who herself got axed from the series for next season.

“No, I’m not doing that s–t,” said Medley, 55, as she interrupted McSweeney. “F–k you.”

“Are you f–king kidding me?” McSweeney, 38, asked.

“Sorry I’m not a part of that,” Medley responded. “I will not give Tinsley that. F–k you. I won’t. Tinsley almost ruined our show. You’re going to give a toast to Tinsley who left the show and breached her contract and left over nothing. You don’t mention her name.”

After McSweeney tried to explain the toast to co-star Luann de Lesseps, de Lesseps said Medley still needs to “grow” as a person.

“This is beyond my wildest expectations of [Medley] as a person,” de Lesseps, 55, told McSweeney. “She’s got work to do. When you don’t grow, that’s a great example over there. There’s a lot of pain and lot of s–t going on in there.”

• Love 5
3 hours ago, divsc said:

The NY Post/Page 6 has been the Dorinda show lately. Someone is feeding them one article after another.

‘RHONY’ finale: Dorinda Medley says Tinsley Mortimer ‘ruined the show’

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/04/dorinda-medley-says-tinsley-mortimer-almost-ruined-rhony/

from the article:

During Thursday’s finale, the women happily gathered at Sonja Morgan’s drag queen soiree, but the tides turned after newcomer Leah McSweeney tried to give a toast thanking former cast mate Tinsley Mortimer for introducing her to the group. Unfortunately, it didn’t sit well with Dorinda Medley, who herself got axed from the series for next season.

“No, I’m not doing that s–t,” said Medley, 55, as she interrupted McSweeney. “F–k you.”

“Are you f–king kidding me?” McSweeney, 38, asked.

“Sorry I’m not a part of that,” Medley responded. “I will not give Tinsley that. F–k you. I won’t. Tinsley almost ruined our show. You’re going to give a toast to Tinsley who left the show and breached her contract and left over nothing. You don’t mention her name.”

After McSweeney tried to explain the toast to co-star Luann de Lesseps, de Lesseps said Medley still needs to “grow” as a person.

“This is beyond my wildest expectations of [Medley] as a person,” de Lesseps, 55, told McSweeney. “She’s got work to do. When you don’t grow, that’s a great example over there. There’s a lot of pain and lot of s–t going on in there.”

This is exactly the nasty stupid ridiculous dumb shit that Dorinda does time and again that makes me hate her exponentially, and probably why everyone around her who has to deal with it is why she finally got her ass kicked off the show.  It's so lowdown mean and shitty of her when she could have just kept her mouth shut and not lifted her glass.  But NO - she has to make a big fucking screaming foaming-at-the-mouth scene.  Who does she think likes seeing such pure hatefulness episode after episode?  So glad I never again have to see the ugliness that is Dorinda ruining my show.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 14
On 8/26/2020 at 12:36 PM, Cherrio said:

Has anyone wondered how she treated her beloved Richard?   Not to mention embarrassing the hell out of him in social situations? Then he becomes a saint and their marriage was made in heaven after he dies?

I've been wondering that as well - I wonder what their relationship was actually like behind closed doors. I also wonder what her daughter went through growing up with a rageaholic mother like Dorinda.

• Love 11
On 8/30/2020 at 3:41 AM, Hiyo said:

Did Heather Thompson really quit?

Word on the street is that Heather Dubrow’s leaving had nothing to do with her rep, it was a financial issue.

I thought Heather was demoted to friend status and opted to just leave???

22 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I've been wondering that as well - I wonder what their relationship was actually like behind closed doors. I also wonder what her daughter went through growing up with a rageaholic mother like Dorinda.

Hannah said something like she's never been more proud of her mom and what she's accomplished than at this particular time.  I don't think I have the language quite right, but it was an odd thing to say - as if Dorinda had evolved from a not-so-good place to a reasonable place and that she had to praise her for her accomplishment.  Like a child or something.

It is also interesting that Hannah doesn't drink. That could be for a variety of reasons, but one of them could be because of what it has done to her mother.

What little I've seen of Hannah, I actually really like.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3

Hannah has always appeared to be an over the top, loud mouthed know-it-all, gee, I wonder who she gets that from?!? I think either she honestly is fucked up in the noggin and doesn't think her mother has any issues OR she's scared shitless of Mommy Dearest and just feeds her what she wants to hear. And count me in on wondering what that marriage with St. Richard was like, or if these issues and alcoholism have manifested after his death. Either way, it's gross. And that greasy pig she used to date is also gross because he seems like he'd never say a word about her drunken behavior or call her out on it. I'm certain we'll hear about her arrest any time now, and I will be there to support Lu in rubbing her hands with glee for all the times DUHrinda threw that in Lu's face, and I don't even like Lu, like at all!

• Love 7
On 8/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Dorinda must have been awful during the reunion on camera and off. 

I mean, if she behaves the way she does when a camera is on her and she knows she'll be shown on national TV, god only knows how truly vicious she is when there's no cameras to catch her behavior. I used to believe that Tinsley was a patsy but honestly, that girl has steel balls to put up with DUHrinda and not blow up every time DUH comes for her.

And speaking of that, so fucking what if Tinsley quit the show mid season? She was being harassed by YOU, your nasty bitch, so why would she stay? I think DUH is jealous of Tinsley's good fortune in marrying a man as wealthy as Scott is and never having to worry about money. DUH acts the wealthy widow but I'm guessing she's not as flush as she pretends to be. And not for nothing but she can stuff Blue Stone Manor right up her tight ass. Good riddance to rotting trash I say. I won't miss her nasty tirades one bit.

• Love 12

I love Heather.  I too am wondering if they’re bringing her back.  She’s scheduled to be on WWHL this week.

Imagine!  They can still do trips to the Berkshires!  With a special scary Halloween episode featuring Dorinda creeping through the woods from Blue Stone to spy on them through the windows.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8

I'm not sure why she'd come back. She didn't like Ramona (chased her around a party grinning at her to annoy her, the AC incident in The Berkshires, The infamous Man Ramona brought back to the vacation home,...), she was fed up with Sonja and her sexy J, and she's friends with Dorinda. I don't remember if she had any issues with Lu.

On the bright side, there won't be another know-it-all competition (Bethenny, and possibly Dorinda).

But, if she's coming back to use the show and the viewers to sell her nutrition plans or whatever she's hawking these days (she admitted that with Yummy Tummy), then No Thank You. Been there. Done that. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 4

Heather was a favorite of mine so I would love it if she returned but I'm also hesitant. I liked Lydia the first times she was on OC but hated her when she came back. 

On 9/7/2020 at 5:18 PM, SweetieDarling said:

I'm not sure why she'd come back. She didn't like Ramona (chased her around a party grinning at her to annoy her, the AC incident in The Berkshires, The infamous Man Ramona brought back to the vacation home,...), she was fed up with Sonja and her sexy J, and she's friends with Dorinda. I don't remember if she had any issues with Lu.

On the bright side, there won't be another know-it-all competition (Bethenny, and possibly Dorinda).

But, if she's coming back to use the show and the viewers to sell her nutrition plans or whatever she's hawking these days (she admitted that with Yummy Tummy), then No Thank You. Been there. Done that. 

The only issues I remember her having with Lu was her barging into Lu's room about the guy that Ramona brought home and let sleep in the room next to her. That led to Lu's famous "Be cool. Don't be all..uncool" quote. I don't think she was too bothered by the AC incident in the Berkshires. She was pretty fed up with Sonja, especially when they were going to Atlantic City and Sonja wouldn't let them wait in her house so they had to wait outside in the cold. I'll watch WWHL and see what she says. 

• Love 4
On 9/7/2020 at 1:39 PM, Bluesky said:

Heather is boring.  

I really like Heather as a person, but I really dislike her on the show.  Her "momma" and "holla" schtik was like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Plus, she is condescending, although unwittingly I think. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 16

Heather Thompson is on WWHL now.  Zero makeup.  I normally like that on most people, but......idk..I think she really needs some. 

Why does she keep saying Holla? It’s weird. So yesteryear. Like saying DYNOMITE!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6
On 9/5/2020 at 9:51 PM, Jextella said:

I thought Heather was demoted to friend status and opted to just leave???

Hannah said something like she's never been more proud of her mom and what she's accomplished than at this particular time.  I don't think I have the language quite right, but it was an odd thing to say - as if Dorinda had evolved from a not-so-good place to a reasonable place and that she had to praise her for her accomplishment.  Like a child or something.

It is also interesting that Hannah doesn't drink. That could be for a variety of reasons, but one of them could be because of what it has done to her mother.

What little I've seen of Hannah, I actually really like.

At one point a few years ago, Hannah said something about how "bad" things were - I can't remember if it was before Dorinda married Richard or after he died. But I got the impression that it was very bad. I actually feel bad for her because like the children of other narcissists, Hannah has probably spent her whole life seeking her manipulative mother's approval and not really getting it.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

At one point a few years ago, Hannah said something about how "bad" things were - I can't remember if it was before Dorinda married Richard or after he died. But I got the impression that it was very bad. I actually feel bad for her because like the children of other narcissists, Hannah has probably spent her whole life seeking her manipulative mother's approval and not really getting it.

I can't verify but I had a friend in college who is/was a NYer who said she knew Hannah from younger years and said she was horrible. Something about apples and trees lol. Again, can't verify because I wasn't there, but I don't think it's hard to believe. 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

If anyone can remember this scene, I'd love to go back an watch it!

13 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I can't verify but I had a friend in college who is/was a NYer who said she knew Hannah from younger years and said she was horrible. Something about apples and trees lol. Again, can't verify because I wasn't there, but I don't think it's hard to believe. 

Bummer! As entertaining as these women can be, it seems none are nice in real life.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Heather Thompson is on WWHL now.  Zero makeup.  I normally like that on most people, but......idk..I think she really needs some. 

Why does she keep saying Holla? It’s weird. So yesteryear. Like saying DYNOMITE!

Same with Bethenny who continues to frequently use the term "gnarly." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Daughter of a NM. I can relate to this and if this is the case, I feel for Hannah. I also want to tell her to give up. It will never happen, at least not long-term. Love is earned and temporary based on what you’ve done for your NM lately. : (

• Love 3
17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It's so funny that you say that because I didn't even notice she didn't have on makeup. 😂

• LOL 1

Heather on WWHL was so annoying, with this giant sh*t-eating grin the entire time.  Like, she couldn't/wouldn't close her mouth.  Plus the whole "holla" stuff, which she still does....ugh.

Also on WWHL the same time was Erin Andrews, the famous female sportscaster.  She's absolutely stunning, and she has such a fun personality.

When the two women were shown at the same time, Heather became that much uglier by comparison.  Not hating on a woman for her looks, but she had that annoying giant grin, no makeup, and her stupid holla, while Erin had fun answers, a naturally done look, and just had that kind of persona where you knew that if you ran into both women at a party, you'd be drawn more to Erin.

And Heather's big announcement....that she has a podcast.  Okie. Dokie.  Let me add that to the list of 18 million other podcasts by has-been reality stars.

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Heather was useless on WWH, she knows she had to support Dorinda and diss Tinsley or the shit would hit the fan and Dorinda would go off on her. But you could see her wheels spin as she tried to couch those comments in the most positive way possible. Sorry Heather, I used to like you and you should have told everyone that Dorinda is a shrew to Tinsley. To Dorinda this was a pass to continue acting like a crazy woman.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Heather was useless on WWH, she knows she had to support Dorinda and diss Tinsley or the shit would hit the fan and Dorinda would go off on her. But you could see her wheels spin as she tried to couch those comments in the most positive way possible. Sorry Heather, I used to like you and you should have told everyone that Dorinda is a shrew to Tinsley. To Dorinda this was a pass to continue acting like a crazy woman.

Why on earth would she care about what Dorinda has to say? What impact does she have on Heath's world. Doubt they travel much in the same circles and Heather has tao young chikdten. 

• Love 1